Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide Best in Soaps 2013
Topic Started: Dec 17 2013, 01:53 PM (1,806 Views)
Ellie

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Best-Soaps-2013-1074796.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Best Soap: DAYS & GH (tie)
Best Actress: Maura West (GH)
Best Actor: Billy Miller (Y&R)
Best Supp. Actress: Meredith Scott Lynn (DAYS)
Best Supp. Actor: John Aniston (DAYS)
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 17 2013, 02:37 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

TV Guide could not be MORE MORE MORE wrong on Best Actress...just WOW

#OutToLunch

I do LOVE the mention for MSL in Supporting Actress and totally agree with the other 3...but they EPICALLY got Best Actress wrong.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Dec 17 2013, 02:41 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Dec 17 2013, 02:40 PM

#OutToLunch

I do LOVE the mention for MSL in Supporting Actress and totally agree with the other 3...but they EPICALLY got Best Actress wrong.
As much as I love Maura West and enjoy Ava Jerome I have to agree. They blew it. Eileen Davidson had this in the bag and if not I would probably go with Finola Hughes. They are my top 2 for the year.

If Logan wanted to give Maura West some well deserved kudos he could have made Eileen Davidson "Best Actress" and had Maura West as "Supporting Actress." She hasn't really been a Lead on GH anyway, although used frequently.

These are just off the top of my head and not who I would have as my definitive year end awards, but Eileen Davidson is 100% my Lead Actress for the year.

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Finola Hughes should have won best actress.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Best Actresses mentions are all good imho, Eileen Davidson(ex-Kristen,DAYS), Alison Sweeney(Sami, DAYS), Debbi Morgan (Angie, ex-AMC), Finola Hughes(Anna, GH) & Maura West (Ava, GH) & Heather Tom (Katie, B&B) but I'd have picked Debbi Morgan or Finola Hughes over Maura West. Arianne Zucker(Nicole, DAYS) should've been mentioned in Best Actress as well. Do not agree whatsoever with Meredith Scott Lynn(Anne, DAYS) as best supporting, I'd pick either Cady McClain(Dixie, ex-AMC), Deidre Hall(Marlena, DAYS), Kathleen Gati(Dr. Obrecht, GH), Emme Ryan(Lulu, GH) or Rebecca Herbst(Elizabeth, GH) or Jane Elliot(Tracy, GH). Agree with John Aniston (Victor, DAYS) as Best Supporting Actor, I think Greg Vaughan(Eric, DAYS) & Eric Martsolf (Brady DAYS) deserve honorable mention along with GH's Ian Buchanan & Tristan Rogers (Duke & Robert) & Anders Hove (ex-Faison).

Dreamy
Member Avatar

ED should have gotten Best Actress. IMO

trojangal
Member Avatar

Surprised but Happy that MSL won best supporting
Would have liked to see ED win for best actress

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

My issue just arrived in the mail.

I pretty much agree with it. Days of Our Lives fans should be thrilled for all the positive mentions.

As for Maura West, I'm good with her TV Guide victory. She is pretty thrilling actually. At least 10x more thrilling than her watered-down bad girl gone good on As the World Turns.

tylerbo20

ED will win the emmy

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Don't agree with any of that... except maybe GH as best soap. Best actress was Finola Hughes in my book. But not surprised because I rarely agree with Logan!

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

A tie constituting 50% of the soaps?

Lame.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Dec 17 2013, 03:58 PM
Mitchapalooza
Dec 17 2013, 02:40 PM

#OutToLunch

As much as I love Maura West and enjoy Ava Jerome I have to agree. They blew it. Eileen Davidson had this in the bag and if not I would probably go with Finola Hughes. They are my top 2 for the year.

If Logan wanted to give Maura West some well deserved kudos he could have made Eileen Davidson "Best Actress" and had Maura West as "Supporting Actress." She hasn't really been a Lead on GH anyway, although used frequently.

These are just off the top of my head and not who I would have as my definitive year end awards, but Eileen Davidson is 100% my Lead Actress for the year.
TOTALLY agree. Epic fail on best actress, I'm sorry Fin is good but this year nobody can touch Eileen Davidson.

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

Loved days had so much mentions. I would love to see John Aniston win! Love victor!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Dec 19 2013, 02:09 PM
ED will win the emmy
She will get a nomination but not the trophy.

The Emmy panel loves teasing her with that thing. Heather Tom will more than likely take it home again, I'm afraid. :-/

thepadange

Renegade_Killerbee
Jan 2 2014, 10:45 AM
tylerbo20
ED will win the emmy

The Emmy panel loves teasing her with that thing. Heather Tom will more than likely take it home again, I'm afraid. :-/
Do we even know if she submitted for the EMMY's?

lysie
Member Avatar

MSL doesn't even slightly belong there. She's comic relief and doesn't even get actual material.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Renegade_Killerbee
Jan 2 2014, 10:45 AM
tylerbo20
ED will win the emmy

She will not get a 3rd Emmy in a row....that has never happened in the Lead Actress category. Not even Lead Actress faves Erika Slezak, Kim Zimmer or Susan Flannery were able to pull off 3 in a row.

Not only that, but she was overshadowed in a big way by other performers like Finola Hughes (GH), Eileen Davidson (DAYS) and Maura West (GH).
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 2 2014, 11:43 AM.

thepadange

;) I think, none of us is clairvoyant enough to KNOW what WILL happen.
Just guess, hope, pray or whatever...

tylerbo20

your right probably Nancy Lee Grahn will win Lead actress and beat all of them out hahaha

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply