Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Wednesday, December 18th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 18 2013, 01:54 AM (9,243 Views)
Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

NocturnalBlondie
Dec 19 2013, 01:37 AM
Reese
Dec 19 2013, 01:33 AM
NocturnalBlondie
Dec 19 2013, 01:13 AM
I have a feeling Liam will end up being a bad guy. Since he's a pharmaceutical rep, what if he's also a drug lord or something? He could be very relevant to Brady, JJ, Theresa's story.
Yeah, for some reason, I think Liam is going to be a baddie, too. If he were the drug lord or a drug lord minion, it could lead to a pretty good story.

I would love it. Except, that would most likely mean star-eyed TomSell are probably fantasizing/drooling about an imminent Dannifer reunion, which sucks.
:lol: I know, right. lol
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SadieEsperanto

Ahhh yes, one of the many problems with SORASing - it doesn't exist in a vaccuum. Abby can't be 21 just like Will can't be 18, even though they were born 21 and 18 years ago, respectively. And if you age him 3/4 years, don't you have to age her the same amount? Of course, this is nothing but a small headache on a show where EJ exists. :-P

stormymac
Member Avatar

ScorpioQueen
I've never been a fan of Sonny. He's always seemed holier than though. But he's really getting on my nerves with this storyline. He wasn't there, he didn't see what happened. Nor does he even like Nick. I need for someone to knock him off his high horse.
Really, because I think he's been one of the best parts of this storyline (I know I'm biased). From the text messaging in the closet to dealing with Will and Adrienne after finding out the truth about Nick and finally being surrounded by the Unholy Trinity at the club, his reactions have been priceless. And when it came to confronting the women at the apt, he was in no way holier than though. Everything he said was the truth and it wasn't anything the others hadn't said to each other already. He agreed that Gabi had every right to defend herself but, once they realized Nick was alive, pushing him back in the water and letting him drown was murder. He wasn't on his high horse, he was just stating the facts. Also, just because he didn't like Nick doesn't mean he wanted him dead.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

somuchwhatever
One of my twitter friends suggested they're styling Liam like Jack during his second run. After comparing today with a couple of pics of Jack/MA from around 2001, I can definitely see it. What does MC normally look like?
I'm used to Mark Collier looking more like this...

Posted Image
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

camera shy

NocturnalBlondie
I have a feeling Liam will end up being a bad guy. Since he's a pharmaceutical rep, what if he's also a drug lord or something? He could be very relevant to Brady, JJ, Theresa's story.
I could see that happening. And JJ, Theresa and Brady find out that he's the drug lord and he ends up trying to kill them to keep his secret. But Theresa probably would be interested in dating him to get free drugs. Ha, Theresa moving in on another one of Jen Jen's men. :D :D

camera shy

stormymac
Dec 19 2013, 02:02 AM
ScorpioQueen
I've never been a fan of Sonny. He's always seemed holier than though. But he's really getting on my nerves with this storyline. He wasn't there, he didn't see what happened. Nor does he even like Nick. I need for someone to knock him off his high horse.
Really, because I think he's been one of the best parts of this storyline (I know I'm biased). From the text messaging in the closet to dealing with Will and Adrienne after finding out the truth about Nick and finally being surrounded by the Unholy Trinity at the club, his reactions have been priceless. And when it came to confronting the women at the apt, he was in no way holier than though. Everything he said was the truth and it wasn't anything the others hadn't said to each other already. He agreed that Gabi had every right to defend herself but, once they realized Nick was alive, pushing him back in the water and letting him drown was murder. He wasn't on his high horse, he was just stating the facts. Also, just because he didn't like Nick doesn't mean he wanted him dead.
Yes, they put NIck in the water, but when he came through he started pulling Sami in the water with him and I may be wrong, but I don't remember them trying to push him back into the water. To me it looked like they were just trying to pull Sami away from him and the current swepted him away. I do remember Kate saying if they tried to save him they be killed too because the current was so strong.

stormymac
Member Avatar

camera shy
Dec 19 2013, 03:38 AM
stormymac
ScorpioQueen
Yes, they put NIck in the water, but when he came through he started pulling Sami in the water with him and I may be wrong, but I don't remember them trying to push him back into the water. To me it looked like they were just trying to pull Sami away from him and the current swepted him away. I do remember Kate saying if they tried to save him they be killed too because the current was so strong.
I went back and looked and it was sort of half and half. They did try to pull Sami away from him and part of that was pushing off his hands but, as soon as he hit the water, he turned, grabbed Sami, and yelled for them to help. He asked for help a couple of times so it seemed that, instead of trying to pull Sami in, he was trying to get them to pull him out. Whether they could have or not, nobody will ever know but they sure didn't try. The whole thing was ridiculous in the first place. The reason Sami and Kate gave Sonny today for not initially going to the police was bullshit. Just because Gabi and Nick had a fight in public did not people were going to believe that Gabi murdered him just a few minutes later and that it was premeditated. Nick had a history of stalking and murder. Gabi is believed to be a sweet, innocent girl. It wouldn't take much of an investigation to find evidence of Nick's obsession with Gabi and all of his machinations to get her to NY. Oh, who am I kidding, this is the Salem PD we're talking about. Yeah, they had no choice.

sillibella
Member Avatar

camera shy
stormymac
ScorpioQueen
I agree. I'm definitely enjoying Sonny in this storyline (mainly because Freddie is knocking it out of the park with Sonny's reactions) but I agree with him as well as Kami + Gabi. Assuming that Nick really is dead (which I do not believe he is) then I don't believe that he was actually murdered. It was a huge unfortunate incident that led to his drowning. Should they have called the police and dealt with it in that fashion? Of course...but that wouldn't have made it very soapy. Sonny is just a moral guy and, especially with a lawyer for a father, he wants to get any info he can on the potential legal ramifications so he can protect himself as well as Will.

It doesn't really matter anyway since I'm sure Sonny won't be spilling the big secret to Justin let alone Will anytime soon. This will continue to endear him to his future in-laws and sooner or later he'll be included in the joint heart-attack when Nick comes back from the dead and makes a grand entrance.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

sillibella
Dec 19 2013, 05:27 AM
camera shy
stormymac
ScorpioQueen
I agree. I'm definitely enjoying Sonny in this storyline (mainly because Freddie is knocking it out of the park with Sonny's reactions) but I agree with him as well as Kami + Gabi. Assuming that Nick really is dead (which I do not believe he is) then I don't believe that he was actually murdered. It was a huge unfortunate incident that led to his drowning. Should they have called the police and dealt with it in that fashion? Of course...but that wouldn't have made it very soapy. Sonny is just a moral guy and, especially with a lawyer for a father, he wants to get any info he can on the potential legal ramifications so he can protect himself as well as Will.

It doesn't really matter anyway since I'm sure Sonny won't be spilling the big secret to Justin let alone Will anytime soon. This will continue to endear him to his future in-laws and sooner or later he'll be included in the joint heart-attack when Nick comes back from the dead and makes a grand entrance.
I've been enjoying Sonny in this storyline, and I really like the fact that Justin brought up the fact that what Sonny heard was heresay. It was a conversation about how Gabi perceives what they did and how Kate and Sami perceive what happened. Gabi called it murder. Given that, Sonny acting a lot more calm and collected that I would have, especially when he agree to talk to the three witches alone.

Also, with Sami's track record and the number of bodies around her, she would probably be in the most legal trouble - followed by Kate and then Gabi, who was in her own right a victim and acting out of panic and fear. Sonny loves Will and knows that Will has put up with a lot from his mother his whole life but still loves her.

Sonny, who does always try and do the right if not strictly legal thing, is the perfect character to have overheard this. He's torn between a number of loyalties and it makes for good drama.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 18 2013, 01:47 PM
Matt
Dec 18 2013, 01:43 PM
bah! JJ: "Are you in AA?" Theresa: "Yeah, but wine doesn't count." um...
in all fairness, Theresa doesn't have an alcohol problem. she has a drug problem. it would make more sense for her to be in NA, not AA.
Good point, but I do think though you are to abstain from all, especially in the early stages.

Aimikins
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 19 2013, 02:33 AM
somuchwhatever
One of my twitter friends suggested they're styling Liam like Jack during his second run. After comparing today with a couple of pics of Jack/MA from around 2001, I can definitely see it. What does MC normally look like?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Yeah I was not into the guys on screen Wednesday.

spartan
Member Avatar

Matt
somuchwhatever

Posted Image
Posted Image
Ooooh. Hello!

I agree with JB, get this guy a haircut. STAT! He needs to look like this.
Edited by spartan, Dec 19 2013, 07:47 AM.

Keith
Member Avatar

I thought I was the only one who saw a Liam-Jack similarity. Though I thought it was more similar to aspects of late-first run Jack, all business and no taking no for an answer. I haven't seen a guy act like that on a soap in ages.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Matt
somuchwhatever

Posted Image
Posted Image
I really like his short hair in the first pic, mpt feeling the in-between length in the second. It looks to "my mom cut my hair" for me.

sillibella
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Dec 19 2013, 07:32 AM
sillibella
camera shy
stormymac

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

I've been enjoying Sonny in this storyline, and I really like the fact that Justin brought up the fact that what Sonny heard was heresay. It was a conversation about how Gabi perceives what they did and how Kate and Sami perceive what happened. Gabi called it murder. Given that, Sonny acting a lot more calm and collected that I would have, especially when he agree to talk to the three witches alone.

Also, with Sami's track record and the number of bodies around her, she would probably be in the most legal trouble - followed by Kate and then Gabi, who was in her own right a victim and acting out of panic and fear. Sonny loves Will and knows that Will has put up with a lot from his mother his whole life but still loves her.

Sonny, who does always try and do the right if not strictly legal thing, is the perfect character to have overheard this. He's torn between a number of loyalties and it makes for good drama.
Agreed. Sonny really has a very tough choice to make. Gabi was right when she made mention that Sonny continues to keep a secret from Will so adding another one to the list shouldn't be that difficult, but Sonny's struggle is very evident. Being such a moral character on a soap obviously can come across as "boring" or "egotistical" or such, especially when Sonny himself comes from a family, not including Justin and Adrienne, who are not seen as being trustworthy. While both are moral characters, Sonny isn't his mother, who would have been down at the Salem PD asap after hearing the secret, he does his best to get all the facts before reacting. Before the Salem 3 descended on their table at the Club, Sonny wasn't even willing to tell Justin the details of the secret, which shows, IMO, that Sonny had every intention to protect the women as well. Assuming that Nick really is dead at this point, the result of his death will have a great deal of an effect on Sonny's life so I'm glad that he has been the next one to learn the secret. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

SadieEsperanto
Dec 19 2013, 02:00 AM
Ahhh yes, one of the many problems with SORASing - it doesn't exist in a vaccuum. Abby can't be 21 just like Will can't be 18, even though they were born 21 and 18 years ago, respectively. And if you age him 3/4 years, don't you have to age her the same amount? Of course, this is nothing but a small headache on a show where EJ exists. :-P
They need to just get rid of Elvis!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

So, that was Liam (Mark Collier) asking Jennifer out? I didn't even recognize him. I think I was busy Thinking how much I dislike Jennifer to notice him. And I think MR is obsessed with her biceps. She's still wearing sleeveless dresses!

PatNS
Member Avatar

Please note: This report is not to be copied and pasted to any other sites. Please link only. Link to summary archive:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/358635/

Director: Phil Sogard
Scriptwriter: Melissa Salmons

Segment 1: Jen hears someone enter from the kitchen and calls out JJ. It's Abby. Where is JJ? Jen - He's running errands for me but I thought he'd be back by now. Abby - Are you worried? Jen - Yeah, can't help it. And you're not trying to talk me out of it, why? Abby - I didn't tell you something about JJ and I think I should. JJ walks up outside the house reading a text he has ready for Rory. Need to meet ASAP. Cue f/b of him at Theresa's. He mutters - That bitch goes down today. He hits Send.

Theresa is all smiles when there's a knock on her door but is surprised to find Maggie and other people there. Maggie - Since you're having trouble getting to an AA meeting we decided to bring the meeting to you. They walk in.

EJ is at the pub on his cell talking business. I don't care if Miss DiMera didn't require that level of detail, I do. I'll check with you tomorrow to see if you're up to the task. As he walks by her table Kate pipes up - Let me guess; you're psycho sister left another fine mess to clean up. EJ - Kate! Such a pleasure to see you. Kate - I'm right, aren't I? She nearly torpedoed Countess W.

Will tells Sami that Sonny was in the closet; he heard every word. Sami - What words ... you mean when Gabi, Kate and I were ... Will - Plotting your next move, yeah. Cue f/b of said conversation. Sami - Sonny heard us. Will - So don't even try to deny it.

When Gabi figures out that Sonny knows about Nick he says he has to go. Gabi - Hold on. Just give me a chance to explain.

Will - I hate ambushes Mom ... Sami - It wasn't ... oh right, the surprise party. Will - Yeah, Sonny told me everything you said. He texted me everything you said. Sami - Wait a second. Your boyfriend was hiding in the closet and then he was eavesdropping on us and then he texted you everything. That is the most devious, underhanded thing I have ever heard William. Will - Really? You're making a stink about eavesdropping. Sami - He could ruin everything. Will - Listen, I'd already guessed what you're up to. I'm smart. Don't blame Sonny because I'm the one who put him up to it.

Sonny - There's no explanation that could make this right. How could you possibly think there is. Gabi - I didn't have anything to do with this. It was all Nick. Sonny - Somehow Kate and Sami got sucked in to this. Gabi - Only at the end. They were trying to talk me out of it. Sonny - It's too bad you didn't listen to them. Gabi - But I did Sonny. Sonny - That didn't change what you did to Nick though, did it?

EJ - You've always had such a rich fantasy life Kate. Of course, it's probably how you fill your empty hours. I truly wish I could help ease your sad plight but Countess W is doing fine. Kate - I saw your earnings report. Your staff is gossiping. Your company is in shambles. And even with the damage Nick did to Mad World we're still going to beat the pants off you. EJ - In which world is that, the real world? Kate - I love it so much when bad things happen to bad people.

Theresa - Oh Maggie, this is so much more than I could have asked for. Maggie - I know you don't want to go to a meeting alone and a lot of people feel that way. That is why you haven't been yet, isn't it? Theresa - Yeah, but I'm working up to it. Maggie - No need. We're here to break the ice. This is Juanita and her friend and Juanita has agreed to be your sponsor. Isn't that wonderful!

Abby - I saw JJ in the town square with that Rory kid and that girl Bev. Jen - This is not good. Abby - That's exactly what I told him. He swears he's not doing drugs. He says they're his only friends and given everything that's happened since he's been home, I kind of believe it. He's developed sort of a reputation at school and you know how judgemental people can be. Jen - I know that and then to go with the other thing that Brady just told me ... that Brady saw JJ in an area of the park where the dealers operate. Abby - Did you ask JJ about it? Jen - Yes and I got the same thing; that he's not using and I believed him. Abby - Me too. Are we being played? Jen - I don't know but I can't doubt every single word he says. He's seemed good, hasn't he? Abby thought so. JJ comes into the living room. I got everything on your list. Something wrong? Jen - You tell us.

Segment 2: Sami - How long was Sonny in the closet? Will - Long enough. Cue f/b of her encounter with Sonny at the pub. Will - Let's forget about it and go Christmas shopping. I'm taking Ari to see Santa later in the town square so you guys should come. Sami - I would love to but I'm so behind at work. Hey Allie, it's time to get going. Allie - But I want to play with the baby. Sami - Another day. We have to get going and you're going to be spending some time with Grandma Caroline this afternoon. Will - Mom, are you going to promise me no surprise party. Sami - Pinkie promise. No surprise parties. I just have to tell Gabi and Kate before it's too late. Let's go. Will - Wait, too late for what? They're gone.

EJ - What would you have done for exercise today if you hadn't bumped into me, eh? Kate - Oh come on, stop. Who do you think you're fooling? Kate gets a text from Sami. Emergency! Meet me @ the bench near the town square. EJ - Trouble? Kate - No, not at all.

Gabi - Kate and Sami saved me. Sonny - From Nick? Gabi - It was really hard to give up this amazing opportunity but once I found out Nick was behind the whole offer I knew I couldn't move to New York. I couldn't feed into his fantasy. Sonny - What fantasy? What happened Gabi. Just tell me. Gabi - I didn't think that you would believe I had no idea Nick was behind the whole thing. It's so embarrassing. Sonny - It's embarrassing! Gabi - I was yelling at Nick in the square. I was so angry. Do you blame me? Sonny - What! Gabi - You look upset. Trust me, I had no idea that Nick was behind this. You can ask Sami or Kate. Sonny - I don't think so. I need to go talk to my Dad. I'll see you later. He leaves. Gabi gets the same text from Sami that Kate did.

Jen - Did you run into Bev and Rory while you were out? JJ - No but I saw them today as you no doubt heard. Jen - Don't be upset with your sister. JJ - I'm not. Jen - You understand why I'm asking you that after what Brady told me. JJ - I told you. Fine, ask. No, I mean it. I'm sorry, it's just frustrating because I told you I was just meeting a friend to give his notes back. And Bev and Rory are my friends. I'm not going to hang out with them while they using. They're actually funny and cool most of the time. Look seriously, I know what the stakes are here and I'm not going to screw up. So here it is. I'm not using drugs and I'm not selling drugs. There's no part of me that wants anything to do with drugs. Right now I'm just focused on school. I studied like a mad man this week for my exams and I think it's paying off. Jen - I'm glad. That's great. Abby agrees. Jen - And I'm proud of you and I'm so relieved to have my son back. And I have faith in you. I know you are doing everything you can to turn your life around and that means more to me than you'll ever know. She hugs him. It's the best Christmas gift you could give me. JJ - I love you mom. Jen - I love you too. Gosh, I hate that I have to leave right now. JJ - It's alright. Jen - I need to get to the office. I'll see the two of you later. She leaves. JJ - So what about you Abigail, do you believe what I said? Abby - I do but there's something else that you're not telling me. JJ - I'm juggling a lot right now. Abby - None of which you want to talk to me about. Okay fine but if you do want someone to listen, I'm here for you. Also, if you break my heart or our mother's heart I will literally wring your neck.

Theresa - This is so generous, I'm speechless. The other woman there - You're from Los Angeles, yes. You speak Spanish. Theresa doesn't. She tells Maggie she has work. Maggie checked her schedule at the hospital. Theresa - Yeah but I'm working from home this morning. Maggie - This meeting is just a tune-up for what you need. You'll get a lot more done if you take the time for yourself, for your group. They sit down.

Justin walks up to Sonny who is sitting at the bar at TBD. I'm in court all morning so I'm afraid I only have a few minutes. Sonny - That's okay. Justin - Are you okay? You look a little ... Sonny - I need some legal advice.

Kate and Gabi meet up with Sami outside the square gates. Kate - Okay, what's wrong? Sami - Sonny knows. Kate - How does he know? Sami - He was in the closet. He heard us talking. Gabi - OMG! Kate - Are you sure? Sami - Yes. Gabi - That's why he was acting so weird just now. He looked at me like he wanted to run away from the minute he saw me and then he kept going on about Nick. Sami - What did you say? Gabi - I thought he was talking about Nick manipulating me into going to New York but he was obviously talking about us murdering Nick. Kate and Sami shush her. Sami - Pipe down with the M word. Kate - Are you sure you didn't say anything to confirm his suspicions Gabi? Sami - Uh, hello, she didn't have to. He heard EVERYTHING. Gabi - He's going to see his father. Kate - OMG. Sami - He is. I saw him earlier at the pub and he took off like a shot and Hope said that he wanted to talk to his Dad. Kate - So he's going to tell Justin. Sami - No, he is not. We are going to stop him. Should we split up? Kate - No I think it's better if we stick together. Sami - Okay. We'll go to the club first. Let's go. Gabi - This is getting really complicated guys ... Kate - That's why you leave all the talking to us.

Segment 3: Adrienne knocks on Jen's open office door and comes in. Jen - How are you? Adrienne - I'm just great. It's funny, you'll never believe who I ran into. Liam Frazer. Jen - The pharmaceutical rep. Adrienne - Oh good, you know him. It's funny because he's an old school mate of Justin's and he's such a nice guy. Jen - I've run into him a couple of times. He's really sweet. Adrienne - He is. He's been divorced for quite a while now. Jen - That's too bad. You are trying to fix me up! Liam walks in - Don't blame Adrienne for that, it was all my idea.

JJ - You're working for Mom until May. Abby - Yeah, my classes are done this week but I don't have graduation until the end of May so I don't mind helping Mom until then. JJ - I'm just really glad she doesn't have to work with Theresa anymore. Abby - Amen, that chick is such a troublemaker! JJ - No kidding! Seriously, I lost her number. Abby - Good, keep it lost. See you later. After she's gone he calls Rory. Didn't you see my text? We've got to meet. It's crucial and we've got to be careful.

The meeting winds down. Theresa thanks them for coming and ushers them out. She thanks Maggie again. Maggie - We've got to get a few things straight.

Justin sits down at a table with Sonny. This sounds serious. Are you in trouble? Sonny - No, it's not me. It's someone that I know. Justin - Sonny, we don't have to do it that way. Sonny - What? Justin - The old I have a friend who ... I'm a lawyer. I can be your lawyer so just tell me. Sonny - No. Okay, here's the thing. If someone knew information about a crime that already happened, are they liable? Like, are they in trouble? Justin - That's hard to say. Sonny - But they could be. Justin - It depends. If someone told you 'I just robbed a bank' ... Sonny - No, it wasn't a direct conversation. Justin - Okay, so someone overheard something. Sonny nods yes. Justin - That sounds like hearsay to me especially if it was something here at the club where drunk people talk ... Sonny - No, the conversation the people had was in private. They weren't drunk or anything, it was real. It was a real thing that happened. Justin - Sonny, tell me what you heard. I can't help you if I don't know the specifics. Sami, Kate and Gabi pile into the club. Kate - OMG. Sami - We have to stop him.

Segment 4: Sonny - Dad, I really appreciate you wanting to help me and I want to give you the facts but the thing is ... he turns his head and sees the three women there. Justin - Is this about Will? Is he in trouble? The ladies walk over and join them. Sami - Justin. Hi. Oh my gosh, it's been such a long time. How are you? Justin is speechless. Kate - Do you mind if we borrow Sonny for just a minute. Justin - Actually we were in the middle of a ... Sami - I'm sure that you were and I'm so sorry to interrupt. It's just really important. It's about Will's surprise birthday party. Justin - Actually, I am due back in court. I should be done in about an hour. Want to catch up then? Sonny - Sure. Justin - Okay, ladies. Happy Holidays. Sami - Thank you Justin. He leaves. Sonny - So surprise party. Sami - You can't tell anyone. Sonny - Not even the guests. Kate - Don't. Sonny - Why not? It would be a hell of a lot better than the truth. Gabi - Sonny, please. You can't tell anybody. Sonny - Or else what Gabi? Sami - You were going to tell your Dad, weren't you? That's what you were about to say. Sonny - Yeah that you killed Nick ... Sami and Kate pounce - both shushing him at the same time. Kate - I think we should go someplace more private. Sonny - No, I'm not going anywhere with you three. Gabi - OMG, please. Sami - You know what Sonny, I'm pretty sure you don't want this conversation to happen here in your very nice club. Kate - You're not in any danger with us. Sonny - Let's just get out of here.

EJ is now talking on his cell in the square. Yes, pull all those files for me. I'll be down there in a few minutes. Yes really. Samantha may be your boss but I'm the one who signs your cheques. Will waves him over. He's pushing a baby carriage. Hey, what did Rosemary do? EJ - Nothing, sometimes people need a little extra motivation. Will - But she's Mom's assistant so shouldn't Mom do that? What's going on?

Maggie - You asked Daniel to take you to a meeting, didn't you? Theresa - I was shy and I didn't mean it to ... Maggie - He isn't in the program and it isn't appropriate for you to lean on him like that. Theresa - You're right. I knew it as soon as the words came out of my mouth. Maggie - I'm sorry Brady's not available but I think you're better off with a woman anyway. Theresa - Doubtful. Maggie - The program does work if you let it. Theresa - Well I am committed. And you were right, this was the jump start I needed. Maggie - I hope to see you at another meeting. Theresa - Thanks again, bye. After she closes the door she mumbles - Meddling old biddy. You won't be able to keep my away from Daniel or having fun. Where is JJ with that weed?

JJ meets up with Bev and Rory in the woods. Rory - Dude, what's going on? Are you under surveillance or something. JJ - I need some weed. The guy that you sent me to didn't work out but trust me ... Rory - Trust you? JJ - I'm sorry for the way things have been. Rory - No you're not. Bev - Just let him talk. JJ - The thing is I like you guys a lot. You're the best friends that I have here but I don't smoke pot anymore. I can't and I don't want to. I don't even want to be around it but for the rest of the time I would like to hang with you guys. Rory - Only today you want weed. JJ - It's not for me. I just need to take care of something. Bev - Can you at least give us a hint about what you're up to. JJ - It doesn't matter. It's probably better for you if you don't know but what I can tell you is I really need you guys in my corner. Rory - And not just for the weed? JJ - Right. I have this crappy phone and I need to test it to see if it will work for this thing later. Bev - The thing you can't tell us about. JJ - Yeah. I know it's lame but I can promise if you help me out now and I pull this off this will all be over with.

Adrienne cuts off Abby before she can go into Jen's office. Your mom is busy. Abby - I know, that's why I'm here. Adrienne - Not that kind of busy. Let's just give her a couple of minutes. Abby - What's going on? Adrienne - She's just having a chat with a very nice, available man. A nice man who is going to remind Jen that she's a beautiful woman and quite a catch ... and you're frowning, why? Abby - I don't know. I guess this isn't where I expected my mom to be right now but you're totally right. There's no reason Mom should be living like a nun. Adrienne - Neither should you.

Theresa is typing in a blog about OD'ing. Another knock on the door. Oh JJ, be my hero. I am so happy to see you.

Segment 5: Sonny and the ladies are back at his apt. They've checked all the rooms. Kate - So we're sure Will is gone. Sami - Yeah, he said he was going shopping. There's no one hiding in the closet this time. Sonny - Nope. Look I'm here. There's nothing to say. You three murdered Nick in cold blood. Kate - Whoa, whoa, whoa. Sami - Don't use that word. Sonny - Gabi said ... Sami - Oh please! Gabi, she is upset. That's her way over the top guilt talking. Sonny - Way over the top? You should feel guilty for killing someone. Gabi - It was self-defence Sonny! Sonny - When you hit Nick in the head with the rock, that was self-defence. When you threw his body in the river and he woke up and you pushed him back in, that is murder. Kate - What, were you taking notes? Sonny - I don't have to take notes. Those details kind of stick in my head. Sami - He was attacking Gabi. She was afraid for her ... Sonny - I get that. I understand that part. That is when you call the cops. Sami - Believe me, I wanted to. Sonny - But you didn't. You were afraid, weren't you? Maybe that's because that's your second corpse in 6 months. You knew how bad that would look. Sami - Actually, that's not what I was thinking. Sonny - Great, then you'll have no problem calling the cops now. He holds out his phone. Kate - You can't call the cops and you can't tell anyone. Sonny - Yes I can and I will. You three might be okay lying to Will but I'm not.

EJ says that Sami has been distracted. Will knows why. EJ - She told you? Will - No, I had to find out and don't play dumb because it's not going to happen. EJ - You're sure about that, are you? Will - Yeah I am. She knows I hate surprise parties so I don't even know why she tried. EJ - Right. Well you know your mother. You put it like that she sees it as an even bigger challenge. Will - I know so can you help me out. Maybe you can talk her down a little bit. EJ - How exactly did she react? Will - A little strange. She said she had to find Gabi and Grandma Kate before it was too late whatever that means.

Liam - It's true, the holidays are different without kids. Jen - Oh your kids are grown? Liam - We never had children. Since the split I think that was a blessing in disguise. Jen - I'm sorry, please sit down. So what will you do for the holidays? Liam - I was thinking about going out of town, maybe skiing. I'm in town for at least another week. I'd love to take you to dinner if you're free. We don't have to call it a date. I don't even remember what those are. Jen - It takes some getting used to. Liam - So if we just call it dinner would that work for you? Jen - It would. I would like that.

Adrienne tells Abby that she's a beautiful, amazing young woman. Men should be falling all over you. Abby - Yeah, that's happening left and right. Adrienne - Maybe it will. You are going out in the world. You never know where a new job's going to take you or your interests are going to take you. They say you should follow your passion because that's where passion finds you. Abby - Where did you get that? On the inside of a bottle cap or something? Adrienne - Since when are you so cynical. Abby - Let's see. I had two guys who were pursuing me and then they both just disappeared. Adrienne - Is that really what happened? Abby - One disappeared and one turned out to be a liar. Guess which one I had chosen. Adrienne - So you learn from that Abigail. Abby - I did. I learned that you should never trust men. Seems to be the one area where I'm not really smart. Jen and Liam walk up near to where Adrienne and Abby are as Maggie gets off the elevator. Liam tells Jen he'll be in touch. Jen looks forward to it. Thank you.

Theresa offers JJ some wine. JJ - No thanks. Aren't you in AA? Theresa - Technically but wine doesn't count. JJ - Did you get a ruling on that? Theresa - Please don't do that. Maggie was already here with her AA buddies in my house. All that earnest sobriety was way too much so early in the day. JJ - They didn't notice anything off? Theresa - I know how to work this; I've been in AA before. Now come on, deliver. He hands over the weed. Theresa - That's it? JJ - I'm tapped. It's Christmas. I had to buy presents. Theresa - I gave you money. I at least expect a return on my investment. This is very disappointing. You do not want to disappoint me again.

Sami - You think I like lying to Will. Sonny - I don't care if you like it or not you're still doing it. Nick was Will's cousin. You had no right to do what you did. Gabi - You have no idea what happened. Sami - You heard us, right? You heard what he was doing to Gabi. He had her on the ground. Gabi, you have to tell him. Gabi - He had me on the ground. He was on top of me and he was pulling on my clothes and the harder I fought the tighter he held on and he was gonna ... he was going to ... Kate - Nick was the aggressor okay. Sonny - I know and I understand that. I get that. It was self-defence. Were there any witnesses? Kate - Yeah, actually a little earlier, there were in the square. Sonny - What! Kate - Nick and Gabi were there and they were arguing very loudly, very publically because she had just found out that he had orchestrated the whole move to New York. Gabi - I was furious at him and I was screaming at him. Kate - Not only that, she also swore that she would get him out of her life for good and if he shows up dead a little later at her hands ... Sami - It seems pre-mediated just like what happened with Bernardi and me. Nobody would have believed her story. Sonny - Nick was not dead by Gabi's hand. It didn't have to be this way. Kate - Looking at you Sami. Sami - Oh great, so it's all my fault now. Kate - Well you did declare him dead. Sami - I thought he was dead when we were dragging him to the river. Sonny - And when he wasn't you thought it was okay to let him drown because you didn't like him. Nick was a creep but he did not deserve to die. And you, you were in love with him at one point. Did you really want to see him dead? Gabi - No of course not. Kate - Now you just need to stop, okay. None of us wanted to see him dead. It was just an ugly chain of events. We all regret it. But the big question is now are you going to let the three of us spend the rest of our lives in prison because of a horrific mistake.

Segment 6: Sonny - You want me to keep this secret. Sami - You have too. Kate is going to speak but Sami says - He does. He can't ever tell anyone. Sonny - I do not keep secrets from Will. Gabi - You can and you have. I wouldn't ask if it were just for me. Sami - It's for Arianna. Kate - Think of what it would do to her to lose her mother, to lose her grandmother and me in one fell swoop. How are you going to explain that to a little girl? Sonny - Telling Will wouldn't put you in jail. Sami - Why would you tell him? He already carries so much guilt. Don't you think this could push him over the edge. Think about that innocent, sweet baby. That's what we're doing. Kate - You just never know when to stop, do you?

Jen tells Maggie - Yes that was me making dinner plans with a man Aunt Maggie. Maggie - You don't have to explain yourself to me. Jen - That's not what the look on your face says. Maggie - It's your life. If you think you're ready to date then ... Jen - It's not a date. It's dinner. I'm sorry. I feel sensitive because people said I rushed things after Jack when Daniel and I got together. Maggie - I didn't think that. You and Daniel have a long history. You already had strong feelings for each other so it was natural that the two of you would get back together. Jen - I suppose, unlike Daniel and Theresa getting together. Nothing natural about that, is there? Talk about rushing things.

JJ - I get it but maybe after New Year's ... Theresa - No, that's too late. JJ - Let me see what I can do. Maybe I can in a favour. He makes a call. Yeah, I need some stuff. What do you want? Theresa - What does he have? JJ - Whatever you want. You're the one that offered me G that night. Theresa - Yeah I did, so what. JJ - So do you want more? JJ is recording their conversation.

Segment 7: Maggie follows Jen into her office. The holiday's are the hardest, aren't they? After Mickey died I dreaded them. Jen - I'm hoping that next year is going to be better for the kids and me. Maggie - Well if would have been if you and Daniel ... I'm sorry. To be honest I'm not really sorry. I can't help but wish ... Jen - I know what you're going to say but you're right, it's none of your business.

Theresa - No way, I'm done with G for a while. Maybe another time. All I want is weed. JJ - Perfect. Thank you. Theresa - For what. JJ - Now I have dirt on you so this blackmail is over.

Will - It's time for me to get her to bed. EJ takes the shopping bags - I'll take those, you take the baby. Will - Aren't you busy? EJ - It will be nice to have a few minutes of normalcy before I go into the office and shout at the staff.

Kate - Okay look, I'm not going to lie to you. We are thinking of ourselves too but what good is it going to do to send the three of us to prison. It's not going to fix anything. It's not going to bring Nick back. Sonny - That's not the point. Sami - Then what is. Sonny - I don't know. Gabi - None of this would haven happened it Nick would have just left me alone but he didn't and he wouldn't stop. Sonny gets a call. Sami - Is that your Dad. Sonny, we are begging you, don't say anything. Sonny answers - Dad. Justin - I got out of court a few minutes early, can we do this over the phone? Sonny - Sure. Justin - Are you ready to talk candidly? Sonny - I am. I want to tell you everything.

KAM

sillibella
Dec 19 2013, 07:56 AM
Honeybees
Dec 19 2013, 07:32 AM
sillibella
camera shy

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Agreed. Sonny really has a very tough choice to make. Gabi was right when she made mention that Sonny continues to keep a secret from Will so adding another one to the list shouldn't be that difficult, but Sonny's struggle is very evident. Being such a moral character on a soap obviously can come across as "boring" or "egotistical" or such, especially when Sonny himself comes from a family, not including Justin and Adrienne, who are not seen as being trustworthy. While both are moral characters, Sonny isn't his mother, who would have been down at the Salem PD asap after hearing the secret, he does his best to get all the facts before reacting. Before the Salem 3 descended on their table at the Club, Sonny wasn't even willing to tell Justin the details of the secret, which shows, IMO, that Sonny had every intention to protect the women as well. Assuming that Nick really is dead at this point, the result of his death will have a great deal of an effect on Sonny's life so I'm glad that he has been the next one to learn the secret. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.
Good points about the Kiriakis family and the characters of Sonny and Adrienne. Still, I'm not that sure that "Sonny had every intention to protect the women as well." I think when Sonny spoke to Justin that he was just trying to figure out hypothetically whether his own knowledge now made him criminally liable as an accessory after the fact and whether he would extend any such criminal liability to Will if he shared in the secret. If not, then I think Sonny's sole intention at that point would be to tell Will and decide together with him what to do. If yes, then I think Sonny would consult his father as his own lawyer to try to do the best legally for all concerned, starting with Gabi. Interesting situation, as you said, with Sonny as the perfect character in the closet.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Rosebud
Dec 19 2013, 08:24 AM
So, that was Liam (Mark Collier) asking Jennifer out? I didn't even recognize him. I think I was busy Thinking how much I dislike Jennifer to notice him. And I think MR is obsessed with her biceps. She's still wearing sleeveless dresses!
Technically, this current dress has cap sleeves. lol. It's not AS sleeveless as the ones recently.
That said, there's no way it's that hot in the hospital.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply