Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, December 19th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 19 2013, 05:00 AM (9,810 Views)
KAM

nananana7
Dec 19 2013, 05:58 PM
Here is how the name Ciara (supposedly) should be pronounced in Ireland.
Link contains an audio of the author Frank McCourt pronouncing and explaining the name.
http://www.babynamesofireland.com/ciara

(obviously it's not pronounced that way in "Salem USA" on Days, but the link is interesting)
Thanks for posting that link. I remember back before she was born and named, there was soap site discussion of possible baby names including the one chosen. Many people on other boards were excited about the appropriateness of the name and expected the traditional Irish pronunciation, thinking that 'Keera' would sound great with Brady and be reminiscent of the names of aunts Kayla and Kim. I, too, wish DOOL had done the traditional Irish pronunciation, but...oh well.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SKBaldwin

PALMommy
Dec 19 2013, 03:16 PM
tomsawyer
Dec 19 2013, 01:12 PM
JJ and Theresa are sooooo the new Lucas and Sami.
Ewww! NO! :angry:
That's not inaccurate.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Ciara's picture:

Posted Image

it's pretty obvious it's not Justin Bieber. RME, Sami!

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Oh and was I the only one that wondered WHERE Ciara got the back for that $30K diamond stud? And also, I don't normally side with Sami - really, I DON'T! But once Sami TOLD Ciara, she'd lost the earring then Ciara really needed to cough it up and give it back and not lie about not having seen it. And even if Sami had to go to Hope about it, realistically WHAT are the chances that they'd drag Theo into it? I honestly think any mom (including me) would KNOW my daughter didn't have earrings like that and when Sami was able to show me the OTHER earring, I'd immediately make my kid give it back regardless of WHERE she got it. It wouldn't matter because "we don't keep things that aren't ours." And IF it was brought up that Theo found it at the river's edge. . . BIG HAIRY DIAMONDY DEAL! It could've gotten stuck in anyone's clothing, pant cuff, shoe tread of anyone that was near Sami when she claimed to lose it. It is easily explained away!

Ophelia
Member Avatar

I totally agree. Sami turning it into a big deal will make Hope suspicious and actually turn it into a big deal.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
He and his dimples are ALL hers!

:wub2: Hope and Justin :wub2:

That's what that bitch Adrienne gets for finding Jennibore a man, but NOT Hope.

Ciara OWNED the show!! As usual! :cheer:

KAM

Ophelia
Dec 19 2013, 07:38 PM
I totally agree. Sami turning it into a big deal will make Hope suspicious and actually turn it into a big deal.
Well, I'm here for the big deal. LOL

stormymac
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Dec 19 2013, 07:53 PM

Well, Hope is married so you might want to cut Adrienne a little slack.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Dec 19 2013, 07:53 PM

Why would Adrienne be finding Hope a man?? Hope is still married to Bo.

Pookie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Dec 19 2013, 05:22 PM
DawnElicia
Dec 19 2013, 01:27 PM
Panda Panda
Dec 19 2013, 01:25 PM
I haven't been able to keep up with Days due to finals, but has anyone noticed that Nick is just suddenly not around anymore? No phone calls, no text, no nothing from him?
They think he is in New York he told everyone he was leaving. Then later Kate faked a text.
Someone should eventually start to get suspicious that they've heard nothing else from Nick.
Yeah, like the company he accepted a job from.

KAM

Pookie
Dec 19 2013, 10:12 PM
Supergirlx2
DawnElicia
Panda Panda
Dec 19 2013, 01:25 PM
I haven't been able to keep up with Days due to finals, but has anyone noticed that Nick is just suddenly not around anymore? No phone calls, no text, no nothing from him?
They think he is in New York he told everyone he was leaving. Then later Kate faked a text.
Someone should eventually start to get suspicious that they've heard nothing else from Nick.
Who would contact him on his cell phone that Kate has and would receive a regretful text in reply that unforeseen circumstances prevented him from joining their company after all. The company would then say 'screw him' and hire someone else. LOL

Pookie
Member Avatar

KAM
Dec 19 2013, 10:45 PM
Pookie
Dec 19 2013, 10:12 PM
Supergirlx2
DawnElicia

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Who would contact him on his cell phone that Kate has and would receive a regretful text in reply that unforeseen circumstances prevented him from joining their company after all. The company would then say 'screw him' and hire someone else. LOL
I suppose that's possible. They didn't show it though. Kate holding on to Nick's phone and sending fake texts will come back and bite her in the ass though. Way more than Sami's lost earring.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

KAM
Dec 19 2013, 02:10 PM
Then it all went Fetchward.
You just need to go ahead and consider this STOLEN.

"Fetchward" is fucking BRILLIANT!

Any time from now on when a scene takes a turn toward Fetch-pimping or Fetch-angst or ANYTHING Fetch, it has gone Fetchward.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Ophelia
Dec 19 2013, 02:47 PM
I'm actually enjoying these Gabi/Nancy Drew-mera scenes.
OMG! Nancy Drew-mera! You just made me choke on a Pringle.

Ophelia
Member Avatar

Don't choke, Matt. We need you. :)

Kaha
Member Avatar

I don't understand why is Will so clueless. He's always been attuned to changes in Sonny's mood... so...what happened to change that? He always knew Sonny was keeping a big secret relating to Gabi but accepted that he won't tell him. But now, he's maddeningly clueless and obsessed with a stupid surprise party no one else cares about. I hope the writers address this. It just doesn't make sense.

KAM

Matt
Dec 19 2013, 11:28 PM
KAM
Dec 19 2013, 02:10 PM
Then it all went Fetchward.
You just need to go ahead and consider this STOLEN.

"Fetchward" is fucking BRILLIANT!

Any time from now on when a scene takes a turn toward Fetch-pimping or Fetch-angst or ANYTHING Fetch, it has gone Fetchward.
Consider it my gift to you, Matt. Use it in good cheer. :D

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Loved Samantha and Ciara scene. I like how she pointed out you don't come visit me and I haven't been to your place. But to be fair to Samantha I cant see Hope letting her go to the Dimera mansion for a visit or a over night stay but Ciara wouldn't understand that. Cant wait to see how it finishes.

DOOLette
Member Avatar

Hoping that today's epi will be better than yesterday's. Ciara was the most adult character shown.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply