Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, December 20h Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Dec 20 2013, 08:29 AM (12,260 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

blueskies
Dec 22 2013, 11:21 AM
camera shy
Dec 22 2013, 09:54 AM
blueskies
Dec 22 2013, 09:25 AM
camera shy
Dec 22 2013, 02:28 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
their whole story was messed up. I mean Sheridan's mom was supposed to have died when she was really little, and Luis's father left when he was, let's say 8. Just ridiculous that they retconned it to them leaving together the same night.

And don't even get me started on Paloma. Her existence made Pilar look like a terrible mother (she hadn't even mentioned her nor lit a candle for her in the first 6 years on the show? It's not like it moved at lightning speed).
And don't get me started on Eve and Julian's missing son. He should have (been Ethan) been older than Ethan and certainly older than Whitney, but everything on Passions happened just twenty years ago. Eve and Julian's affair should have happened at least thirty years ago. :shrug:
truth! did you ever read the book "Hidden Passions"? I loved that, and every change they made to it was just bad. The only one I sortof liked was the addition of Liz b/c I liked the actress, but Eve wasn't supposed to have siblings and was supposed to be from a rich family w/both parents doctors or something, not from a dirt poor family like they changed it to.
My favorite thing EVER about Passions was actually the book. That book was freaking awesome & the show seriously paled in comparison. I actually still have my hardcover copy around here somewhere. I never really watched the show beyond a few episodes here and there, but I sure read that book.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

mer4santo
Dec 22 2013, 12:24 PM
Ciara is my everything. Bitch will cut a bitch in a few years.
It wouldn't surprise me if bitch would cut a bitch NOW. lol

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Matt
Dec 21 2013, 11:17 PM
Wait... this show is trying to say that Rafe was a kid in 1998?!? If so, I really missed that part. And I certainly hope this show isn't trying to convince me that Galen Gering looks young enough to have been a little boy in 1998 considering he was a full grown man playing a cop on Passions in 1999. lol
In 1998 he was 27 in real life. GG was born in 1971.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Dec 22 2013, 08:26 AM
Kaha
Dec 21 2013, 08:53 PM
daysmemories
Dec 21 2013, 08:36 PM
Okay this is the first episode I've seen in months. Loved the Hope/Ciara/Sami scenes.
Lucas was great to see. Loved his contempt for EeeeJ. Why wouldn't he hate him lol.
EeeeJ seems like a big ole GRUMP these days. So I could have done without him. Speaking if that the Sami/EeeeJ convo, if you can call it that, was fucking gross. I barfed in my mouth, still don't get the appeal of those two.
Ari is a cutie. Loved the Horton Square family time.
Lastly Ericole is fabulous. It's so nice to have a pairing to root for again. They are getting the supercouple treatment which is nice because the last time I saw anything close to that was Lucas and Sami.
Overall reading the recaps got me to watch. So thanks for that PatNS.
I like that the writers remembered that Lucas is Will's dad and he has little moments with Will that EJ doesn't. Like Will wanting his dad to help with getting Ari ready for Santa. The diaper change comment also makes it seem like Lucas is involved and has changed Ari's diapers. I hate it when the writers forget that Lucas is Will and Allie's dad. Speaking of Will and EJ, is it me or did Will seem almost like he didn't want EJ to accompany him? He seemed like he was barely tolerating him.

I also would like to thank PatNS for the recaps.
Will was never supposed to get over his hate for EJ as far as I am concerned, this is why CM's Will has rubbed me the wrong way over the last few years.
Why is that CM's fault? The writers decide which angle the story takes. They decided to sacrifice Lucas and Will's relationship to prop EJami; the same way they used Caroline.
If CM has a great chemistry with JS so does KA's Hope. I really don't get the strong hate towards CM. He's a talented, charming and genuinely nice young man. He made the character of Will Horton. And I hope GW takes it to a new hight.
Edited by Kaha, Dec 22 2013, 06:00 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Kaha
Dec 22 2013, 05:27 PM
Laufeyson
Dec 22 2013, 08:26 AM
Kaha
Dec 21 2013, 08:53 PM
daysmemories
Dec 21 2013, 08:36 PM
Okay this is the first episode I've seen in months. Loved the Hope/Ciara/Sami scenes.
Lucas was great to see. Loved his contempt for EeeeJ. Why wouldn't he hate him lol.
EeeeJ seems like a big ole GRUMP these days. So I could have done without him. Speaking if that the Sami/EeeeJ convo, if you can call it that, was fucking gross. I barfed in my mouth, still don't get the appeal of those two.
Ari is a cutie. Loved the Horton Square family time.
Lastly Ericole is fabulous. It's so nice to have a pairing to root for again. They are getting the supercouple treatment which is nice because the last time I saw anything close to that was Lucas and Sami.
Overall reading the recaps got me to watch. So thanks for that PatNS.
I like that the writers remembered that Lucas is Will's dad and he has little moments with Will that EJ doesn't. Like Will wanting his dad to help with getting Ari ready for Santa. The diaper change comment also makes it seem like Lucas is involved and has changed Ari's diapers. I hate it when the writers forget that Lucas is Will and Allie's dad. Speaking of Will and EJ, is it me or did Will seem almost like he didn't want EJ to accompany him? He seemed like he was barely tolerating him.

I also would like to thank PatNS for the recaps.
Will was never supposed to get over his hate for EJ as far as I am concerned, this is why CM's Will has rubbed me the wrong way over the last few years.
Why is that CM's fault? The writers decide which angle the story takes. They decided to sacrifice Lucas and Will's relationship to prop EJami; the same way they used Caroline.
If CM has a great chemistry with JS so does KA's Hope. I really don't get the strong hate towards CM. He's a talented, charming and genuinely nice young man. He made the character of Will Horton. And I hope GW takes it to a new hight.
It is not Chandler's fault.
Chandler doesn't write Will's lines nor does he direct how CM/Will says those lines.

Not sure why the writers would suddenly change how they write
Will's lines now that Guy Wilson is playing Will.

Now if it was the writing staff being replaced
I could see them deciding t write
Will differently.
I guess we shall see what happens next month :shrug:

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

I don't hate Chandler, I never have and never will, I just don't have the same love for his Will that I have had for the previous portrayers. I barely liked the last one as it is but at least he wasn't an EJ cheerleader. What I have always loved about Will was his relationship with his parents it was strong regardless of how badly they screwed up but watching Will fawn over EJ has made me dislike him. If the new guy continues in this way, I will keep disliking Will. It is the writers' fault for that at this moment I couldn't care less what happens to him. I'm not interested in his story at all. Maybe they will refocus his relationship with Lucas with the new new actor, they have already showed more scenes between him (CM) and Lucas already, which I appreciate but it will likely never be enough for me. As I said my love for Will (Roberts) Horton is gone.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply