Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of January 13th; *updated 1/4*
Topic Started: Dec 31 2013, 12:06 PM (28,592 Views)
phloe3

I agree Daniel is way better away from Jennifer. If Jennifer was written better, maybe they wouldn't be as loathed as they are. The propping for them didn't help either with everyone in town rooting for them
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

I think Dan is better, Jen's about the same. She was written better years ago, now she's a Julie/Maggie/Marlena/Carrie combo, "I'm righteous, your not nananana" but unlike J/Mag/&Mar...she's stupid. She could be written as EJ's lover/Brady's lover/Eric's lover and still she would have the personality of a stick.

Theresa's lover... still- stick..I swear!
Edited by crookedhalo, Dec 31 2013, 05:00 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7

Quote:

Spoilers for the week of January 13th
National Enquirer
* Julie has one major confrontation with Kate about Nick
crookedhalo
Dec 31 2013, 04:53 PM
Too bad it's Julie and not Maggie, isn't Maggie his grandmother?

Three siblings:
- Addie Horton (Julie's mother)
- Marie Horton (Nick's grandmother)
- Bill Horton (Maggie's late husband)
EDIT: should say MICKEY Horton (Maggie's late husband)
Bill was also a sibling.
The siblings were Addie, Marie, Bill, Mickey, and Tommy.

Bill Horton was Nick's great-uncle
Edit: MICKEY, Bill, and Tommy (TomJr.) were Nick's great-uncles.

First cousins:
- Jessica (Nick's Mother)
- Julie

Edited by nananana7, Dec 31 2013, 05:31 PM.

salempc
Member Avatar

crookedhalo

Nick is Marie Horton's grandson. Maggie is his aunt by marriage. Julie is is first cousin once removed.

nananana7

Maggie is Jessica's aunt by marriage.
Maggie is Nick's great-aunt by marriage.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Dec 31 2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:

National Enquirer
crookedhalo

Three siblings:

First cousins:
- Julie

no, Maggie was married to Mickey! Bill's not dead, Bill was married to Laura. Bill is Jen, Lucas, & Mike's father. He may be late for supper but he's not dead. And I'm pretty sure when Nick came to Salem, he came to live with Maggie and was introduced as Maggie's grandson, I think his mother's adopted. "kaboom" my brain just exploded.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Nick lived with Maggie and Mickey when he first came to Salem but she is his aunt by marriage. Marie Horton and Alex Marshall were Jessica's bio parents.

By the way, Jessica's last name was Blake when she first came to Salem. I wonder whether she had any connection to Kristen and Peter? :blulaugh:
Edited by jam6242, Dec 31 2013, 05:21 PM.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Quote:

National Enquirer
crookedhalo

Three siblings:

First cousins:
- Julie

I read one thing that said Marie is Alice's daughter and one that said it's her granddaughter color me confused I know Maggie was married to Mickey.

nananana7

Please forgive my HUGE error.
Of course Maggie was married to Mickey.
No idea why I wrote Bill.

Ack!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

still I don't like Julie.

jam6242
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Dec 31 2013, 05:25 PM
nananana7
Quote:

National Enquirer
crookedhalo

Three siblings:

First cousins:
- Julie

I read one thing that said Marie is Alice's daughter and one that said it's her granddaughter color me confused I know Maggie was married to Mickey.
Marie is Tom and Alice's youngest daughter. Their other children were Addie, Tom Jr., Mickey, and Bill.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

jam6242
Dec 31 2013, 05:28 PM
crookedhalo
Dec 31 2013, 05:25 PM
nananana7
Quote:

National Enquirer
crookedhalo

Three siblings:

First cousins:
- Julie

Marie is Tom and Alice's youngest daughter. Their other children were Addie, Tom Jr., Mickey, and Bill.
isn't there a family tree somewhere, do they even know. I listened one time to Brady being told he would be a DiMera when he married Kristen. I thought isn't Brady already DiMera pretty sure, at least for right now and Kristen isn't, otherwise he'd be marrying his cousin by blood instead of by adoption. See, they don't even know, LOL.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

phloe3
Dec 31 2013, 04:41 PM
If the writers wrote Jennifer and Daniel like adults and kept them from breaking up and getting back together, I doubt they would be as disliked as they are. The problem is the writing
No that is not the only problem...MR and SC have NO chemistry a whatsoever....not even Shakespeare could help them there.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

* Jennifer comes to Danielís rescue in the nick of time

Kill me now :headbang:

This sounds promising! Go Julie!

* JJ deides to formulate an intricate plan that will bring Theresa once and for all

Oh, another genius JJ plan. Guaranteed to bomb.

* Eric makes a most astounding confession

Brady's still using, maybe?

http://rogue-ejami.com/2013/12/31/days-spoilers-week-of-january-13th/

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Keith
Dec 31 2013, 02:08 PM
fenderbabe
Dec 31 2013, 02:00 PM
ladyofthelake
Dec 31 2013, 12:14 PM
Julie!!!!!!!
...and Kate!!!!!!!

It's the new Jate.
Its an upgraded Jate.
That's an understatement.

Diamonde
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Dec 31 2013, 12:06 PM
* Jennifer comes to Daniel's rescue in the nick of time

:hmmph:

Will&Sonny

crookedhalo
Dec 31 2013, 05:27 PM
I love Julie, but my opinion of her went down a few notches when she became Nick's cheerleader and tried to insist that he had changed and was just misunderstood. No. He never changed -- in fact, he got worse, and he treated Julie's other cousin, Will, like shit for months and was never the least bit sorry about what he had done -- and now the whole town knows that, so I really need Julie to acknowledge that Nick isn't her perfect little ball of sunshine anymore. Hope has acknowledged it. Maggie has acknowledged it. I wish that both of them had done more to acknowledge it, but still, they both acknowledged it. Julie never has, and if she keeps defending Nick without ever bothering to acknowledge the fact that he was (or is) a messed-up, homophobic, possessive-obsessive extortionist and an all-around jerk (and those are just the things that I can say about him that are public knowledge in Salem -- he's also an attempted rapist -- oh, and a murderer, but he "did his time" for that, so apparently it doesn't count) -- especially in scenes with her other cousin's grandmother, Kate (I really cannot stress that enough -- Julie is equally related to both Nick and Will, but has yet to show loyalty to Will for the way that Nick treated him) -- it's going to further tarnish my view of an otherwise great character.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Dec 31 2013, 08:42 PM
crookedhalo
I love Julie, but my opinion of her went down a few notches when she became Nick's cheerleader and tried to insist that he had changed and was just misunderstood. No. He never changed -- in fact, he got worse, and he treated Julie's other cousin, Will, like shit for months and was never the least bit sorry about what he had done -- and now the whole town knows that, so I really need Julie to acknowledge that Nick isn't her perfect little ball of sunshine anymore. Hope has acknowledged it. Maggie has acknowledged it. I wish that both of them had done more to acknowledge it, but still, they both acknowledged it. Julie never has, and if she keeps defending Nick without ever bothering to acknowledge the fact that he was (or is) a messed-up, homophobic, possessive-obsessive extortionist and an all-around jerk (and those are just the things that I can say about him that are public knowledge in Salem -- he's also an attempted rapist -- oh, and a murderer, but he "did his time" for that, so apparently it doesn't count) -- especially in scenes with her other cousin's grandmother, Kate (I really cannot stress that enough -- Julie is equally related to both Nick and Will, but has yet to show loyalty to Will for the way that Nick treated him) -- it's going to further tarnish my view of an otherwise great character.
Julie's worst offence was during the reveal at the wedding, she kept talking as though Nick was a lost little boy. She blamed Maggie and said that if she was around non of this would have happened. She didn't even chastise Nick for passing Will's baby as his. Will was a confused teenager who was just dealing with his coming out and a baby but they had no sympathy for him. Hope was even worse. Nick was picking her brain about a way to win custody of Will's baby and to remove Will from his baby's life and her response was: honey, all the Hortons will be on your side. WTF! My response would have been, "you know what Nick, I would like that you and Will come up with an amicable way of sharing custody. Let the family help you." Hope has known Will all his life and yet she had no sympathy or connection to him. Speaking of connection, what I don't understand is how the hell did they form this closeness with Nick? Nick came to Salem when he was an adult. He grew up in Chicago. I have cousins who grew up in other states and I am not that close to them even though my dad and his siblings are very close. It's not realistic and it makes being a Horton some sort of a magical thing, unless you're Lucas and his kids.

Keith
Member Avatar

Kaha
Dec 31 2013, 10:10 PM
Will&Sonny
crookedhalo
Julie's worst offence was during the reveal at the wedding, she kept talking as though Nick was a lost little boy. She blamed Maggie and said that if she was around non of this would have happened. She didn't even chastise Nick for passing Will's baby as his. Will was a confused teenager who was just dealing with his coming out and a baby but they had no sympathy for him. Hope was even worse. Nick was picking her brain about a way to win custody of Will's baby and to remove Will from his baby's life and her response was: honey, all the Hortons will be on your side. WTF! My response would have been, "you know what Nick, I would like that you and Will come up with an amicable way of sharing custody. Let the family help you." Hope has known Will all his life and yet she had no sympathy or connection to him. Speaking of connection, what I don't understand is how the hell did they form this closeness with Nick? Nick came to Salem when he was an adult. He grew up in Chicago. I have cousins who grew up in other states and I am not that close to them even though my dad and his siblings are very close. It's not realistic and it makes being a Horton some sort of a magical thing, unless you're Lucas and his kids.
Hope and Julie were both close with Nick's parents and historically Julie and Marie were pretty close, as well. While Will grew up before their eyes, he is Lucas and Sami's kid. Julie kind of took Sami under her wing at some point, but other than that, only Maggie and Jennifer were ever really close with Lucas. Its a believable line to draw and I honestly would have liked to see that play out more. Marlena and Kate and Sami in Will's corner, Maggie and Jennifer torn, Abigail torn, and Julie and Hope clearly on Nick's side, obviously not because he's a homophobe but because they felt responsible for him.

Instead, we got Sami vs. Rafe because of Gabi.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Keith
Dec 31 2013, 10:33 PM
Kaha
Dec 31 2013, 10:10 PM
Will&Sonny
crookedhalo
Hope and Julie were both close with Nick's parents and historically Julie and Marie were pretty close, as well. While Will grew up before their eyes, he is Lucas and Sami's kid. Julie kind of took Sami under her wing at some point, but other than that, only Maggie and Jennifer were ever really close with Lucas. Its a believable line to draw and I honestly would have liked to see that play out more. Marlena and Kate and Sami in Will's corner, Maggie and Jennifer torn, Abigail torn, and Julie and Hope clearly on Nick's side, obviously not because he's a homophobe but because they felt responsible for him.

Instead, we got Sami vs. Rafe because of Gabi.
I get the history, but Hope should have been torn. She's Will's great-aunt by marriage. She must've interacted with him while she was married to Bo. Knowing his upbringing she should've had some sympathy for him. Hope is close with Roman, Caroline and all the Bradys yet she couldn't muster any sympathy for their kid. Her unique position within the two families should've made her a natural peace maker instead of completely siding with Nick. Even Rafe showed more fairness towards Will. His reaction was mostly fuelled by his anger towards Sami and once he recovered he tried to be fair and supportive to both Gabi and Will.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply