Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: January Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 3 2014, 03:01 PM (7,549 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

Sonny_BrendaFan
Jan 15 2014, 10:00 PM
Yes Brad put that busybody Felix in his place. Time for Brad to move on cause Felix is more concern with Sabrina's love life.

Maybe because Felix could be in love with Patrick and living it through Sabrina :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Writers attempt anything with West and LuLu,I will be pissed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

:soapbox: to the writers for spending too much time on Carly/Franco/Heather instead of giving Robin POV during her ordeal for two years.
Can someone please shoot Sonny.
Liz is so predictable using her children to get Nik to go out with her. If the writers turn Nik into a waffler, then i am officially TeamfreeBrittfromNik.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

I cant even comment cause Im like so indifferent to gh. I have skim through episodes lately.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

natdot99
Jan 16 2014, 02:36 PM
:soapbox: to the writers for spending too much time on Carly/Franco/Heather instead of giving Robin POV during her ordeal for two years.
Liz is so predictable using her children to get Nik to go out with her. If the writers turn Nik into a waffler, then i am officially TeamfreeBrittfromNik.
I actually like watching this Carly/Franco/Heather story a lot more than the Robin/Patrick/Sabrina baby story. They don't seem as if they are going to cover Robin's point of view during her ordeal, otherwise they would have done it by now. They seem to be concentrating more on Sabrina and her expecting Patrick's baby. I am really not interested in that. I couldn't wait until Patrick and Sabrina ended because to me they were so boring together. I never enjoyed any of their scenes unless Britt was involved, and I think so far since Robin has been back, we have seen more of Sabrina than Robin. Well it seems like it to me.

I can understand if you don't like Franco or Franco and Carly, their story may be boring for you, but I enjoyed today's show.

It certainly looks as if Liz wants Nicolas back.
Edited by Dee-anne, Jan 16 2014, 05:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Dee-anne
Jan 16 2014, 05:04 PM
natdot99
I actually like watching this Carly/Franco/Heather story a lot more than the Robin/Patrick/Sabrina baby story. They don't seem as if they are going to cover Robin's point of view during her ordeal, otherwise they would have done it by now. They seem to be concentrating more on Sabrina and her expecting Patrick's baby. I am really not interested in that. I couldn't wait until Patrick and Sabrina ended because to me they were so boring together. I never enjoyed any of their scenes unless Britt was involved, and I think so far since Robin has been back, we have seen more of Sabrina than Robin. Well it seems like it to me.

I can understand if you don't like Franco or Franco and Carly, their story may be boring for you, but I enjoyed today's show.
When the truth comes out, everyone will be apologizing to St. Franco :shame: :eyeroll:

Like others have stated, Liz does this to Nik when he has moved on with his life. She thought he was kidding about him and Britt being a couple and demanded that he throw her out of his home. She dropped AJ in August, came to Nik home in October and December trying to be his friend. All she going to is whiplash Nik into thinking that she wants him, then after he dumps Britt, she changes her mind.
Nik fits better with Britt because their no competition for her feelings. Liz spent too much time waffling between AJ/Nik, Jason/AJ/Nik, and Lucky/Nik when he was trying to get back together with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

natdot99
Jan 16 2014, 05:21 PM
Dee-anne
natdot99

When the truth comes out, everyone will be apologizing to St. Franco :shame: :eyeroll:

Like others have stated, Liz does this to Nik when he has moved on with his life. She thought he was kidding about him and Britt being a couple and demanded that he throw her out of his home. She dropped AJ in August, came to Nik home in October and December trying to be his friend. All she going to is whiplash Nik into thinking that she wants him, then after he dumps Britt, she changes her mind.
Nik fits better with Britt because their no competition for her feelings. Liz spent too much time waffling between AJ/Nik, Jason/AJ/Nik, and Lucky/Nik when he was trying to get back together with her.
Maybe some of you need to take the blinders off. Nik said HE missed Liz first. She invited him on a play date with his nephews after they discussed not spending time together on the holidays. I watch GH everyday and have not seen one instance of Liz saying she wanted Nik back. When Nik asked her what she thought of his relationship with Britt she gave her opinion which was throw her lying a$$ to the curb.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

Not a Franco fan but I liked how Franco called out the world's biggest hypocrite Sonny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

Enjoyed today's show, no Borina and no Britch
Offline Profile Goto Top

Anon

CJ127
Jan 16 2014, 11:19 PM
natdot99
Dee-anne
natdot99

Maybe some of you need to take the blinders off. Nik said HE missed Liz first. She invited him on a play date with his nephews after they discussed not spending time together on the holidays. I watch GH everyday and have not seen one instance of Liz saying she wanted Nik back. When Nik asked her what she thought of his relationship with Britt she gave her opinion which was throw her lying a$$ to the curb.
Word. Liz has done nothing to try and come between Nik and Britt other than state her opinion ages ago, which she has every right to do. She even stayed the hell away from his home because she didn't want to put him in an awkward situation during the holidays. I like Britt, but not at the expense of Elizabeth.
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

Britt is digging her own hole anyway. Liz is not stopping her from telling Nik the truth.

Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Sonny_BrendaFan
Jan 17 2014, 09:05 AM
Britt is digging her own hole anyway. Liz is not stopping her from telling Nik the truth.

Which is why I wish they hadn't gone the easy route and made Ben Lante's. I like the Brik pairing but if Nikolas continues to support Britt after the truth comes out I will lose quite a bit of respect for him. Still wish they had done something more creative to explain Ben's parentage.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

I have been enjoying GH this week though the whole Heather / Carly / Franco scenario
is starting to drag on.
How many times can we see people almost catch Heather ? :blah:
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

natdot99
Robin will be on Monday
Maybe they haven't shown Robin's POV yet because they don't want to use up
Her episode guarantees this early in her contract. OR they will bring up her POV
When it benefits the storyline
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

More I liked today
Liked seeing Lucas In town & almost seeing his bio dad
Yay to Luke finding Carly But
will he get knocked out
By Heather before he can rescue her?
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

CJ127
natdot99
Dee-anne
natdot99

Anon
Jan 17 2014, 04:00 AM
CJ127
natdot99
Dee-anne

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

Word. Liz has done nothing to try and come between Nik and Britt other than state her opinion ages ago, which she has every right to do. She even stayed the hell away from his home because she didn't want to put him in an awkward situation during the holidays. I like Britt, but not at the expense of Elizabeth.

Sonny_BrendaFan

JarlenaLante
Jan 17 2014, 02:07 PM
Sonny_BrendaFan

Which is why I wish they hadn't gone the easy route and made Ben Lante's. I like the Brik pairing but if Nikolas continues to support Britt after the truth comes out I will lose quite a bit of respect for him. Still wish they had done something more creative to explain Ben's parentage.

In regards to the Liz comments, Liz was looking desperate and foolish. She thought Nik took her advice and kicked Britt out of his home and expected him to be sitting alone waiting for her. Liz dumped AJ is August and spend most of her time trying to get Nik to dump Britt. Liz is no position to throw stones at Britt considering what she did to Lucky/Nik. I was glad that Britt called Nik because he did ask her to be his girlfriend and live with him on his own accord. Britt makes Nik more interesting and lighter to watch on the screen. When he was with Liz, there banter was too juvenile. If Britt has repeated the same lines, she would have made jokes and lightened the mood.
Nik should support Britt because no one is perfect and he has told lies in the past just as big as Britt. Nik should not give up his life to please the inner circle hypocrites of PC.
In regards to Robin's ordeal, the writers will not write her a POV and thus shifted the POV to Carly/Heather/Franco.
Ben's parentage was called from the beginning and my only issue was why would Dr.O allowed Britt to give Faison two mortal enemies and PC biggest hypocrites(Sonny/Olivia/Luke) a grandchild in order to raise him as his heir or having Faison fall in love with her, clearly needs some type of explanation. IMO it would have been better for Ben to be Lulu/Starvos child/Britt/Dante child/ or Britt/Stefan child.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I hate to beat a dead horse but I have to say this.

Around six months ago when Frank Valentini was explaining to ROGER HOWARTH, KRISTEN ALDERSON and MICHAEL EASTON how he would bring them back to the show and not their characters, I am positive this had to have been the jist of his explanation to them:

'Okay, guys, so we are bringing you back to the show -- but as completely different characters -- but after the first three months, you can go back to acting like your old characters."

I'm serious. Nobody has been putting any acting muscle into this at all. Perhaps Easton and only because he finally cut that filthy head of hair.

:'(
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Jan 19 2014, 12:32 PM

Around six months ago when Frank Valentini was explaining to ROGER HOWARTH, KRISTEN ALDERSON and MICHAEL EASTON how he would bring them back to the show and not their characters, I am positive this had to have been the jist of his explanation to them:

'Okay, guys, so we are bringing you back to the show -- but as completely different characters -- but after the first three months, you can go back to acting like your old characters."

I'm serious. Nobody has been putting any acting muscle into this at all. Perhaps Easton and only because he finally cut that filthy head of hair.

It's particularly bad in Roger Howarth's case cause I've seen his early work on OLTL. He has the acting chops to portray a different character without the Todd-isms. AND he could have gone back and watched old clips of James Franco in the role and at least attempted to mimic what he saw. The man literally has no excuse.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

JarlenaLante
Jan 19 2014, 01:35 PM
Renegade_Killerbee

It's particularly bad in Roger Howarth's case cause I've seen his early work on OLTL. He has the acting chops to portray a different character without the Todd-isms. AND he could have gone back and watched old clips of James Franco in the role and at least attempted to mimic what he saw. The man literally has no excuse.
I would have hated if he mimicked James Franco. I wanted Todd back. Loved him with Carly back then. We got him back but under a different name. I am totally buying the tumor story, and so I have no problem enjoying him with Carly and others. New Franco has a totally different face, so it is so easy to forget the things the original Franco has done, if it was not the show reminding me of it often. I have no problem with that. It adds suspense when they cause you to wonder, has he changed or is he still the same.

We have no idea how original Franco would have acted if they brought him back instead and tried to redeem him, I wouldn't have wanted him with Carly and I doubt, he would have as much chemistry with Carly. Plus the delivery of punch lines which RH is so good at, I cant see original Franco having that kind of sense of humour. The actor that played him, is very good and I remember him as being totally demented. If he had come back instead of RH, I seriously couldn't buy him in a relationship with Carly. He was so good at playing evil, it would be difficult to see him any other way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dee-anne

JarlenaLante
Jan 19 2014, 01:35 PM
Renegade_Killerbee

I would have hated if he mimicked James Franco. I wanted Todd back. Loved him with Carly back then. We got him back but under a different name. I am totally buying the tumor story, and so I have no problem enjoying him with Carly and others. New Franco has a totally different face, so it is so easy to forget the things the original Franco has done, if it was not the show reminding me of it often. I have no problem with that. It adds suspense when they cause you to wonder, has he changed or is he still the same.

We have no idea how original Franco would have acted if they brought him back instead and tried to redeem him, I wouldn't have wanted him with Carly and I doubt, he would have as much chemistry with Carly. Plus the delivery of punch lines which RH is so good at, I cant see original Franco having that kind of sense of humour. The actor that played him, is very good and I remember him as being totally demented. If he had come back instead of RH, I seriously couldn't buy him in a relationship with Carly. He was so good at playing evil, it would be difficult to see him any other way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic