Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: January Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 3 2014, 03:01 PM (7,693 Views)
CJ127

trojangal
Jan 31 2014, 04:13 PM
Haha no surprise that was Luke !!
Nik be careful of the Chupacabra !
What is wrong with Baby Ben & will it lead to
the reveal of his parentage? Uhmmm Yes!!
I hope so I am tired of this storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CJ127

JDeveraux_91
Jan 30 2014, 10:35 PM
natdot99
Jan 30 2014, 04:17 PM
My endless supply of boot up the award goes to Liz, period. This wanting Nik after he has another girlfriend is just old and juvenile.
Once upon a time, I liked the character of Liz and I really do love the actress. Every time I've seen Becky Herbst in an interview, she seems like the sweetest lady. However, something has got to change with the way they write this character. Whenever one of her former men decides to have a relationship with someone else she becomes petty, jealous and possessive of said ex. Every. Single. Time. We saw it with Jason and Lucky numerous times and I have no doubt that if those men were still around and with other women she'd be sniffing around them and being a bitch to their new woman. I could understand it when she was in her teens and even early 20's but she's a thirty something mother now, grow up! And when the hell did Niz become "true love?" From what I recall, they both regretted the affair and Nikolas even said that Liz was just a replacement for Emily. :shrug: :drunk: Old and juvenile pretty much sums it up!
I agree. Becky is a great actress but the writing for her sucks. I love it when she makes her snarky comments. I want her away from this whole Britt mess.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

I'm doing an OnDemand marathon this weekend and finally catching up on the past two weeks.

There is NO rooting value in Robin and Patrick. What HAPPENED to her? She's self-righteous, sanctimonious and a prude. And don't even get me started on how loathsome Patrick has become.

I, for one, will be happy to see her go and hope Sabrina finds a man worthy of her.

It's not Patrick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Honestly that is how I have felt about Robin for a long time, especially slf-righteous and sanctimonious. She was right with Carly with putting Sonny and Jason on a pedestal. I actually like Patrick more without Robin.

I too am catching up on last week but wanted to say two things:
1. Detective West is just yummy.

2. I really HATE Lucy having an affair with Scott. He comes off as pond scum all of the time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

My :soapbox: rant goes to the writers
Robin was held on Cassadine Island for two years and now she has to returned to revived two terrorists because Victor Cassadine(WSB new boss) wants it that way. Pitiful, just pitiful and sad.

I like to add my name to the list of people who called it when they predicted that Luke was taking the place of Heather in Miscavviage Institute.

But hot damn, TP as VC was smoking hot and still has his sex appeal :wub:

Offline Profile Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

Personally, my only wish for Sabrina is that she dies in childbirth.

I really can't believe that critics are continuing to praise this crapfest, but with the way Ron Carlivati dogpiles on any comment less than 100% positive about the writing, I think we'll continue to see the soap media act like sycophants.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

I tried to watch the show since I was not able to watch it (beyond few clips) for weeks. Honestly, the show is unwatchable. I don't see any rootable characters or couples.

- They're ruined AJ. I really liked AJ and Michael's father son dynamic but now Michael is back in Sonny's orbit.

Robin's return is ruined with this stupid baby s/l. Why can't they tell a proper story of the trauma she's faced and how that affects her.

And don't get me started on the absurdity of Dr. O becoming a CofS. And why is she supervising nurses again?

The never ending ridiculous mob war storyline. Please just kill of Sonny and stop with the mob crap.

And while we're talking about preposterous s/l, why should anyone care about little kids "love" triangle? WTF writers?

Finally, the couple I really loved are ruined beyond repear. I was really rooting for Nick and Britt, but there's no way they can recover from the final baby reveal. I just can't with the stolen embryos. So predictable, so unoriginal.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 2 2014, 03:45 PM
I tried to watch the show since I was not able to watch it (beyond few clips) for weeks. Honestly, the show is unwatchable. I don't see any rootable characters or couples.

- They're ruined AJ. I really liked AJ and Michael's father son dynamic but now Michael is back in Sonny's orbit.

Robin's return is ruined with this stupid baby s/l. Why can't they tell a proper story of the trauma she's faced and how that affects her.

And don't get me started on the absurdity of Dr. O becoming a CofS. And why is she supervising nurses again?

The never ending ridiculous mob war storyline. Please just kill of Sonny and stop with the mob crap.

And while we're talking about preposterous s/l, why should anyone care about little kids "love" triangle? WTF writers?

Finally, the couple I really loved are ruined beyond repear. I was really rooting for Nick and Britt, but there's no way they can recover from the final baby reveal. I just can't with the stolen embryos. So predictable, so unoriginal.
:hail: You've summed up perfectly why I'm barely hanging on! So much potential, so much disappointment. So far all of RC's "big returns" have been nothing more than a bait and switch. Laura's return was pointless, Robin's is awful and she's just a prop to RC's pet Sabrina, AJ started out good but he's been tossed under the bus, etc., etc. I also don't enjoy campy crap and they have gone overboard with the campy BS, mostly because of this god-awful Heather Weber story. And the children? Yeah, we really want to watch a bunch of 7 year-olds in a "love triangle." :facepalm: Not to mention the awful way RC writes kids. While they are all very cute, they are all written as snotty disrespectful brats with no discipline. Emma used to be sweet, now she's got a mouth that won't quit and the adults do little to nothing about it.
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Feb 4 2014, 08:06 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Anon

JDeveraux_91
Feb 3 2014, 09:02 AM
Kaha

:hail: You've summed up perfectly why I'm barely hanging on! So much potential, so much disappointment. So far all of RC's "big returns" have been nothing more than a bait and switch. Laura's return was pointless, Robin's is awful and she's just a prop the RC's pet Sabrina, AJ started out good but he's been tossed under the bus, etc., etc. I also don't enjoy campy crap and they have gone overboard with the campy BS, mostly because of this god-awful Heather Weber story. And the children? Yeah, we really want to watch a bunch of 7 year-olds in a "love triangle." :facepalm: Not to mention the awful way RC writes kids. While they are all very cute, they are all written as snotty disrespectful brats with no discipline. Emma used to be sweet, now she's got a mouth that won't kid and the adults do little to nothing about it.
It's just going to get worse. I like Sean Kanan and was happy that AJ was returning at first, but they did nothing with his character other than ruin it. I was almost happy that they were going to write AJ out so the actor could possibly go to a show that might appreciate him, but now there are rumors
Spoiler: click to toggle
How about saving some money and getting rid of the horrible Llanview three, that every one despises?
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Anon
Feb 3 2014, 09:35 AM
JDeveraux_91
Feb 3 2014, 09:02 AM
Kaha

:hail: You've summed up perfectly why I'm barely hanging on! So much potential, so much disappointment. So far all of RC's "big returns" have been nothing more than a bait and switch. Laura's return was pointless, Robin's is awful and she's just a prop the RC's pet Sabrina, AJ started out good but he's been tossed under the bus, etc., etc. I also don't enjoy campy crap and they have gone overboard with the campy BS, mostly because of this god-awful Heather Weber story. And the children? Yeah, we really want to watch a bunch of 7 year-olds in a "love triangle." :facepalm: Not to mention the awful way RC writes kids. While they are all very cute, they are all written as snotty disrespectful brats with no discipline. Emma used to be sweet, now she's got a mouth that won't kid and the adults do little to nothing about it.
It's just going to get worse. I like Sean Kanan and was happy that AJ was returning at first, but they did nothing with his character other than ruin it. I was almost happy that they were going to write AJ out so the actor could possibly go to a show that might appreciate him, but now there are rumors
Spoiler: click to toggle
How about saving some money and getting rid of the horrible Llanview three, that every one despises?
Geez. :drunk: Here's an idea, why not keep interesting/legacy characters played by good actors and get rid of some of the useless newbies or as you mentioned, the Llanview trio of terror who are not needed on this show. The bad decisions just keep coming and coming.
Online Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic