Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Michael Muhney Axed from Y&R!; *first post updated*
Topic Started: Dec 17 2013, 04:09 PM (34,963 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Michael Muhney Axed From Y&R!

By SOD • Posted: Dec 17, 2013

Michael Muhney announced on Twitter that he has been released from the role of Adam on Y&R, which he has held since 2009. "I'm so sorry," he wrote. "It breaks my heart to say this, but I was just let go from Y&R. My last day on set is this Thursday. My last air date will be Jan 30th. I'm going to take some private time with my wife & kids, as I am most concerned for their well-being…I have 3 final episodes to film, and because they are my last, I will be giving it everything I have. More details will follow... #xoxoxo"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*update 1/4*

Y & R'S MICHAEL MUHNEY FIRED FOR ALLEGEDLY
GROPING CO-STAR'S BREASTS

Michael Muhney, a big soap star who played Adam Newman on "The Young & the Restless" -- was fired last month after one of his co-stars complained to the brass that he grabbed her boobs -- on 2 occasions ... TMZ has learned.

Multiple sources connected to the show tell TMZ ... 38-year-old Muhney allegedly bullied and harassed 20-year-old Hunter King, who plays Summer on the show. She went to higher-ups and complained recently Muhney had fondled her breasts on 2 occasions -- and she said both were unsolicited and unwanted actions.

Sources tell us ... the new allegations were the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back." Muhney -- who is married with 3 kids -- had been a problem on the set for a long time, allegedly bullying and harassing Hunter and others. He even admitted in a recent interview with HuffPost Canada TV after getting fired, "Sometimes I've walked around with a big backpack of hubris." Muhney's last show will air January 30th.

Muhney has been an extremely popular character on the show, and fans are threatening to stop watching.

http://m.tmz.com/#Article/2014/01/04/young-and-res...
Edited by Mason, Jan 4 2014, 09:16 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Daytime
Member Avatar

Well... I'm shocked!!! :shock:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Not Amused

Well that just sucks. :shame:
Online Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

Y&R seems to just be deteriorating at a rapid pace but unlike BM and MS, this is the first high profile fan fave actor that they CHOSE to get rid of...this was not MM"s choice and I think they will suffer the consequences.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

:cheer: Best news ever
Offline Profile Goto Top

taylore
Member Avatar

I don't like MM but why would they get rid of Adam,i just don't get it.I'd rather boring Steve Burton get fired,he adds nothing to the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JtSmarts
Member Avatar

They are having a party at SON, they hate him over there lol, I personally am indifferent. It will be interesting to see what happens if they recast, I do like that Y&R is making some BOLD moves.
Edited by JtSmarts, Dec 17 2013, 04:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

What is going on??!!!! I haven't been the biggest fan of MM, but come on..........they are letting important people/roles fall by the wayside and now getting rid of one. This show will not be around much longer and if it is, there will be hardly anyone watching it. :frustration:

Offline Profile Goto Top

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

taylore
Dec 17 2013, 04:23 PM
I don't like MM but why would they get rid of Adam,i just don't get it.I'd rather boring Steve Burton get fired,he adds nothing to the show.
Oh no, Steve Burton is taking over the show and that proves my point...............the show is going down fast if SB is involved with the major s/l.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Double post
Edited by dragonflies, Dec 17 2013, 04:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

The show survived losing Stafford, it'll be fine,MM is not all that
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

SnowAngel
Dec 17 2013, 04:32 PM
taylore
Dec 17 2013, 04:23 PM
Oh no, Steve Burton is taking over the show and that proves my point...............the show is going down fast if SB is involved with the major s/l.
Adam overtook the show years ago....
Edited by dragonflies, Dec 17 2013, 04:35 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

metitle
Member Avatar

wow, I am totally shocked.
I thought he was doing a good job.
I am just shocked.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Not Amused

I really think YR losing Billy Miller, Michelle Stafford and Michael Muhney all in one year is going to hurt the show a lot.
Online Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Daytime
Dec 17 2013, 04:12 PM
I'm actually not. After watching JFP systematically destroy soaps for years most recently GH, I'm not shocked by anything that soap killer does. I stopped watching YR as soon as she was hired. Dismantling soaps is what she does.

Here comes another FOJ (Friend of Jill). smdh
Offline Profile Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Ej Fan
Dec 17 2013, 04:37 PM
I really think YR losing Billy Miller, Michelle Stafford and Michael Muhney all in one year is going to hurt the show a lot.
To bad it wasn't Nikki, Victor, or NIck leaving! I stopped watching because these three add nothing to the show anymore! Just beating the same dead horse month after month!
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Michael Logan is saying they're going to recast
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Daytime
Dec 17 2013, 04:12 PM
I am very shocked!!!! WHOA!!!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Sorry but getting rid of the overrated diva is wonderful, IMO. I thought he sucked and the Delia storyline will sink even faster.

The big impact of this is SOC. They have made obnoxious attempts to cater to MM and with the end of Villy that forum will be deserted.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bygnedys

If they recast, I can see them bring in the guy who plated Johnny on G.H. I think he is a FOJ.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic