Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Michael Muhney Axed from Y&R!; *first post updated*
Topic Started: Dec 17 2013, 04:09 PM (35,181 Views)
Evan
Member Avatar

B&B still has Katherine Kelly Lang, she has a huge fanbase, that I think compensates for the lack of Susan Flannery and Ron Moss.
Plus, Darin Brooks and Rena Sofer are good additions to their cast.

It remains to be seen if Y&R can survive the loss of Muhney, MS and Billy Miller?
I guess if they actually recast Adam with a half decent actor, that will be OK.

I reckon Eric Braeden is behind all this, he obviously had one too many personality clashes with MM, he went and whined to the powers that be, and thus Muhney got the pink slip.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dragonflies
Member Avatar

Stafford was ginormously popular, if the show can survive losing her, then it's fine, BM, MM aren't nearly as popular as her
Offline Profile Goto Top

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Quote:

I reckon Eric Braeden is behind all this, he obviously had one too many personality clashes with MM,

I agree. IMO the beginning of the end was the twitter fight they had months ago. MM was VERY arrogant, as if he wouldn't be let go.

Oh well...he found out just how wrong he was about that.
Edited by bellajewel, Dec 17 2013, 08:57 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

If Eric Braden had anything to getting MM fired then I am sending him a case of champagne. LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

and chocolates. I don't think EB has that much power. Like I said before. THey need to clean up some old stories.
Put a key on the lab at the hospital,
Wake Phyllis up.
The other day Nick was talking about Phyllis and how nice she was. Sharon about blew a circuit, that is when Cassie popped back in.
She's gonna blow it.

KERPLOWIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Glad to see that pompous asshole fired. HA! Future of Y&R my ass.. Now his stans are going nuts on twitter
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar

Y&R has been fine (hell better) without MS and that overacting, they will survive without overrated "blank stare" MM ..
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

Methinks Sharon Case won't be too happy, she was the biggest cheerleader for Shadam.
Oh well, I guess you Shick fans are getting what you wanted.
As for what they do with Chelsea, a complete mystery - Adam goes to prison, she raises Connor by herself until they bring on a new love interest?

Y&R has No 1 locked in, but oh man, it is not the soap it was 20 years ago.
Edited by Evan, Dec 17 2013, 10:08 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar

Love SC but oh well. You can always be friends off-screen lol. I am getting what I want. I hate Adam, and I don't like MM's "look at me" attitude.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

EB is not happy, according to his Twitter.
I get the impression the entire cast has been blindsided.
Offline Profile Goto Top

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I am shocked. I love Chadam! The show will go down the tubes for sure now.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mason
Member Avatar

I don't know why people act like the show is now going to take a sudden plunge down the toilet because of Muhney leaving when its worst years have been *with* Muhney on it (and no, I'm not saying it was all because of him, either).
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

He was too stuck on himself. He's not a big loss. He can and will be replaced.
No great shakes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Mason
Dec 17 2013, 10:22 PM
I don't know why people act like the show is now going to take a sudden plunge down the toilet because of Muhney leaving when its worst years have been *with* Muhney on it (and no, I'm not saying it was all because of him, either).
Because Muhney has done an excellent PR job. His acting sucks, but I won't deny he did a kick ass job at building a small and loyal following online through his twitter account ( he took his cue from DG).
Edited by LPS, Dec 17 2013, 10:30 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AngelOB
Member Avatar
Life is awesome

Really surprised by this news. Has MM been as prolific on Twitter as he has been in the past? I feel like he's been MIA and disappearing for long periods of time before he pops back up again. Of course, I could be thinking of somebody else lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

six
Dec 17 2013, 08:32 PM
Panda Panda
Dec 17 2013, 08:17 PM
six
Dec 17 2013, 08:09 PM
Panda Panda
Dec 17 2013, 07:31 PM
Sharon switched Summer's DNA test which made Nick "lose" another daughter, caused Phyllis to get into a horrible accident, and has caused Summer herself to have nothing but emotional torment throughout the whole ordeal.

What part of that is "on the right path" with a "bright future ahead of her" ?

Sharon is toast. They'll probably send her away for extensive treatment since she's not able to take her medication of her own accord anymore.
I hate to say it, but I agree. The shick reunion is obviously happening so she can lose it all in the fallout of the truth coming out.
Honestly, "shick" doesn't even matter at this point. Regardless if they're going that route with Sharon and Nick or decided to have Nick marry Avery, it was always going to end badly for Sharon the moment we found out she switched the paternity test. They really screwed Sharon ovOer with this storyline. There's not really a way to have "shick" together or people forgive Sharon without it being incredible stupid and nonsensical.
Oh sure, I agree it was always going to go bad the minute that the switch was revealed. I just think the reunion is happening to raise the stakes and make a bigger impact. Sharon and Summer have gotten a lot closer for the same reason.
Yeah, it's really spelling Sharon's end. Like there is very little she can do to come back from this.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

I hope I don't have to hear from the douche that is Nelson Branco, don't follow MM, but if he is as arrogant as they say I can see why he was let go if he butted head with cast.
Edited by Dakota, Dec 18 2013, 12:39 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

dragonflies
Dec 17 2013, 08:35 PM
Sammie Jo
Dec 17 2013, 07:35 PM
dragonflies
Dec 17 2013, 04:33 PM
The show survived losing Stafford, it'll be fine,MM is not all that
No show can survive losing a multitude of actors, pretty soon, it's not the same show anymore.
Tell that to Bold and the Beautiful, which lost Flannery, Moss, Tylo all over a year..... the show has thrived
Any show would thrive without Ron Moss. lol
Y&R has lost Jeanne Cooper, michelle Stafford, Delia, now Kyle #2, Billy Miller & MM, with more rumored to come, that's 6 compared to 3.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jess Walton was on the chopping block too along with Sharon.
When JFP first took over I thought she did great with the sl's, but now, the only sl's I'm interested in is the stupid music box and waiting for everyone to find out what Sharon did, really couldn't care less about any of the rest of it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

If all these actors/actresses are fired or leave, who to say SC won't be let go, nobody is safe. The Shick boat has sailed as far as I am concern, once the truth comes out Nick would not want to be near Sharon.
Edited by Dakota, Dec 18 2013, 12:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Evan
Dec 17 2013, 10:07 PM
Methinks Sharon Case won't be too happy, she was the biggest cheerleader for Shadam.
Oh well, I guess you Shick fans are getting what you wanted.
As for what they do with Chelsea, a complete mystery - Adam goes to prison, she raises Connor by herself until they bring on a new love interest?

Y&R has No 1 locked in, but oh man, it is not the soap it was 20 years ago.
Being #1 in a pile of soaps that are horrible, is no big deal, even in a barrel of rotten apples, there will be one apple that isn't quite as rotten.
I agree, Y&R is a mere shadow of it's former self, and right now, I don't see it getting any better.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic