Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Michael Muhney Axed from Y&R!; *first post updated*
Topic Started: Dec 17 2013, 04:09 PM (35,201 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I can't see another soap opera shooting themselves in the foot or stepping on their dick bringing MM on their show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jan 27 2014, 02:27 AM
I'm waiting for this announcement for nuAdam

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good enough for me.
I would love this! BB is a good actor. :)

Tash, Adam is supposed to look young. Adam is younger than Nicholas and Victoria. :smile:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

shark
Jan 27 2014, 06:40 PM
HotPepper
Jan 27 2014, 11:08 AM
My pick for NuAdam.

Tom Pelphrey. Great actor and can play any part. He can be ruthless and he has a real edge to him. Maybe a little young to some but to me he fits the bill. Chelsea doesn't look all that old so they might make a good match.

Posted Image
:shame:

My husband is better looking :lol:
Yeah, he's pretty goofy looking, not your husband, this guy whoever he is. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jan 27 2014, 07:59 PM
What happened to Tom Pelphrey's face? :blink:
I've always loved Tom but he definitely looks different then he did on GL. Looks like he had something done to his teeth and they were definitely whitened. It changed his face a lot IMO. I would love to see him on Y&R. Amazing actor.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
Jan 27 2014, 11:56 PM

Tash, Adam is supposed to look young. Adam is younger than Nicholas and Victoria. :smile:
By a lot! nick was already married when Adam was born, Adam's first appearance was April 24, 1995, I guess as a baby, I don't remember and Noah first appeared on March 3, 1997, so Adam is only 2 years older than noah? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

ratfink
Member Avatar

Wasn't Tom Pelphrey on As The World Turns for a while...toward the end. He played some kind of weird character :shrug: I can't remember... :frustration:
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Yes Tom was on ATWT but they gave him a lousy part. He could still scare the hell out of you though

I think every one is used to seeing Tom with long hair which I hated. He looks much better now. Call him goofy looking if you want but that is a matter of opinion because I think he is handsome. Some thought MM was handsome and dreamy looking but I thought he looked like a ass end of a jack ass.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Didn't Nick and Sharon hold Adam as a baby? He was born in 1995 and Nick and Sharon were married in 1996.
Wow SORAS anyone?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Superwoman
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Jan 28 2014, 12:50 AM
Deverauxfan
Jan 27 2014, 11:56 PM

By a lot! nick was already married when Adam was born, Adam's first appearance was April 24, 1995, I guess as a baby, I don't remember and Noah first appeared on March 3, 1997, so Adam is only 2 years older than noah? :shrug:
Laughing at " Nick was already married when Adam was born" :hail: i remember back then when Nick and Sharon babysit Adam and he was like 2 months old... They were having sex then so maybe teenagers? :lol: Connor will be dating Hilary in a few years... Just wait and see..
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I do not believe this for one second. If YnR lost that many viewers in one week it wasn't due to MM leaving. He might have taken a few fans with him already but not this many. The loss of fans is from the lousy story writing .

http://www.examiner.com/article/young-and-the-restless-lost-500k-viewers-as-michael-muhney-fans-stop-watching

‘Young and the Restless’ lost 500K viewers as Michael Muhney fans stop watching
See alsoSoap Opera / Young and the Restless / Michael Muhney / Television / cbs / Sony

Play
‘Young and the Restless’ lost 500K viewers as Michael Muhney fans stop watching

Michael Muhney portrayed the popular character Adam Newman on “The Young and the Restless” for nearly five years until his abrupt termination under questionable circumstances. Is the drop in ratings for “Y&R” reported by TV by the Numbers on Jan. 25 an indication that Michael Muhney fans have already abandoned ship?

TV by the Numbers reported on Jan. 25 that “Young and the Restless,” which has been the number one rated daytime soap opera for 25 years, took a hit to its ratings from Jan. 13 to Jan. 17, just one week after reporting its highest ratings in three years. Compared to the same reporting period in 2013, “The Young and the Restless” lost nearly 500,000 viewers.
Thoughts on the last days of Michael Muhney and 'The Young and the Restless'

Several Facebook pages and groups have been set up to protest “They Young and the Restless,” encouraging fans to stop watching the show once Michael Muhney’s final airdate on Jan. 30 has come and gone. Fans can follow the progress of the boycott and other activities in support of Muhney by following #TeamMuhney on Twitter.

Edited by HotPepper, Jan 28 2014, 09:46 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I wonder how many viewers they'd lose if they brought him back?
Offline Profile Goto Top

rknudson78
Member Avatar

I know a lot of viewers that will stop. I am at a Adam/Chelsea message board all of them are quitting watching on Jan 30.
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

And the MM fans that leave will be back just to see the recast and how he is doing in the role of Adam .. They will stay just out of pure nosiness.

MS fans said they were leaving too and some did for awhile. All the ones I know that said they were leaving are back watching the show as usual.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I stopped watching for 2 weeks after Delia was killed, then the curiosity got the best of me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Soapwatcher

I really don't think that many will leave, but if they do, they do. I "think" that its mostly teens and tweens that are upset over Michael leaving, I can't see how "mature" women with families and jobs are acting this way over a soap or any actor. I know history says that Frank Sinatra really grabbed the bobby soxers and I'm old enough to remember Elvis getting started and of course the Beatles but (and I realize it wasn't the norm back then like it is now) nobody rented signs or airplanes to skywrite messages for them. We had to "suffer the heartbreak" of Elvis going into service but no one try to petition Congress or the President to keep him from going that I remember. So I again "think" that once they get involved in school and homework and spending their allowances on things they need, they'll get over Michael.
Offline Profile Goto Top

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

Y&R lost viewers because it gained a bunch the few weeks before from the Cold Snap/Storms that kept people home.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bygnedys

I just wish they would kill the character. We know the fans will harass the next Adam.

At least wait 6 months or a year before bringing another one on.

The good part was knowing his final scenes probably were the last two days and I am sorry, but I got a kick out of him knowing he was fired and his harassing days were over at Young and Restless.

Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

MM sure as hell isn't Elvis or Frank Sinatra. When people stayed home because of the cold they chose to watch Y&R. There were other stations they could have watched but Y&R won out. People are curious to watch MM's last day's play out. Sad about Billy Miller though. When Adam sat there and cried I had to wonder if he was acting up the tears or was he crying cuz he knew he screwed up royally and lost his job.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

darraholic
Jan 28 2014, 12:37 PM
Y&R lost viewers because it gained a bunch the few weeks before from the Cold Snap/Storms that kept people home.
This is exactly what happened concerning the week of really high ratings and then the steep drop. It had nothing to do with MM at all.

That examiner.com site will let anyone write articles for them. The article that was posted upthread is an opinion piece and nothing more. It's not based on what actually happened concerning the ratings.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Jan 28 2014, 12:31 PM
I really don't think that many will leave, but if they do, they do. I "think" that its mostly teens and tweens that are upset over Michael leaving, I can't see how "mature" women with families and jobs are acting this way over a soap or any actor. I know history says that Frank Sinatra really grabbed the bobby soxers and I'm old enough to remember Elvis getting started and of course the Beatles but (and I realize it wasn't the norm back then like it is now) nobody rented signs or airplanes to skywrite messages for them. We had to "suffer the heartbreak" of Elvis going into service but no one try to petition Congress or the President to keep him from going that I remember. So I again "think" that once they get involved in school and homework and spending their allowances on things they need, they'll get over Michael.
Y&R was around long before MM and it will be around long after he leaves.
Fans threaten and then come back, old habits die hard. Just because the fanatics make a lot of noise, doesn't mean the show is going to fold.
I think you're right.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic