Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Michael Muhney Axed from Y&R!; *first post updated*
Topic Started: Dec 17 2013, 04:09 PM (36,228 Views)
shark
Member Avatar

yep, just like miley cyrus showing her ass, Madonna did it first, Kim K. Justin B is out of control, the more things change the more they stay the same. Back in the old days people smoking a cig or drinking a beer :drunk: was big news. Consider a scandal. Ed Sullivan wouldn't show Elvis below the waist. Now, look at the ......well, look how far we have fallen. You can't go to the show, mall or public place your afraid some nut job who don't feel loved is gonna come in and blast everybody all to hell. I'm glad I don't have kids to raise now days. sheesh...good luck...

anybody watch Dr. Phil ? I rest my case.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Soapwatcher

No Michael wasn't (isn't) a Frank Sinatra, Elvis or the Beatles, I wasn't comparing Michael to Sinatra etc. I was comparing his so called popularity with their very real large popularity. He's a very minor cog in a very big wheel, I was just saying that they went to all this trouble and expense when the bigger stars didn't have people pulling these stunts for them. I don't care for Michael but its solely based on his attitude throughout his run on the show, like he was the star and they were just his minions when we know he isn't really that good of an actor and most of the so called minions could act rings around him. So if people want to leave whether forever or just until a new Adam comes on so be it. Don't let the door hit you in the a--.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bygnedys

Back then, the scandals they covered up for their stars was stuff like well known actress having baby of well known male star. The stuff I didn't know until one of them writes an tell all book or gossip of the stars person writes one years later.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

bygnedys
Jan 28 2014, 03:24 PM
Back then, the scandals they covered up for their stars was stuff like well known actress having baby of well known male star. The stuff I didn't know until one of them writes an tell all book or gossip of the stars person writes one years later.
I liked it better when we didn't know every detail of everyone's life, it takes all the mystery and glamour away. Of course there's hardly any glamour left in Hollywood, they all dress like slobs or $2 hookers.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shark
Member Avatar

Sure people were trashy back then too, but, you didn't see it on TV, nobody would ever think to utter the F bomb in every sentence. People that were pregnant were sent away because they wasn't married, etc. Lifestyles was never made into TV shows. Sure, U had serial murderers, rapists, child abusers, but, it was rare, now, we're all getting so used to shootings in schools, etc. that we don't even listen to it anymore when it's on the news. Awful.
I recommend any books written by Darwin Porter if you want to know the dirty on old time stars. LOL Kids are exposed to stuff to early now days they don't know how to handle it and there's nobody there to teach them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Soapwatcher

shark
Jan 28 2014, 05:15 PM
Sure people were trashy back then too, but, you didn't see it on TV, nobody would ever think to utter the F bomb in every sentence. People that were pregnant were sent away because they wasn't married, etc. Lifestyles was never made into TV shows. Sure, U had serial murderers, rapists, child abusers, but, it was rare, now, we're all getting so used to shootings in schools, etc. that we don't even listen to it anymore when it's on the news. Awful.
I recommend any books written by Darwin Porter if you want to know the dirty on old time stars. LOL Kids are exposed to stuff to early now days they don't know how to handle it and there's nobody there to teach them.
I totally agree with you, like Desi Arnaz said in his book about making "I Love Lucy" when Lucille Ball was pregnant with their son and they were filming (not taping) the show, CBS told them they couldn't say she was "pregnant" he got a Priest, Minister, and Rabbi to come to the show and asked them how they would say it. They said there was nothing wrong with her being "pregnant", but they decided to say she was "with child". Then Desi says in the book "we couldn't say pregnant on tv, but now days they show you how to get that way", I didn't hear the "F" bomb until I was almost an adult, when I was a teenager in the late 50's and early 60's the boys did not say that word around the girls at least not the boys I knew and you never ever heard a girl say it. And I remember "Confidential" magazine bringing out all the scandals on the stars back then but of course I couldn't buy it and didn't dare ask my mom to buy it. In fact I think they outed a movie actor by the name of George Nader to keep them from Rock Hudson being outed.
A long way around to say I do agree with you. Sorry.
Offline Profile Goto Top

bygnedys

I didn't know about George Nader, that was a mean thing to do to him back then in the kind of atmosphere of the times.

I had suspicions of R.H. back then because of all the fan magazines I bought and the lack of photos of him with very many women.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Jan 28 2014, 06:33 PM
shark
Jan 28 2014, 05:15 PM
I totally agree with you, like Desi Arnaz said in his book about making "I Love Lucy" when Lucille Ball was pregnant with their son and they were filming (not taping) the show, CBS told them they couldn't say she was "pregnant" he got a Priest, Minister, and Rabbi to come to the show and asked them how they would say it. They said there was nothing wrong with her being "pregnant", but they decided to say she was "with child". Then Desi says in the book "we couldn't say pregnant on tv, but now days they show you how to get that way", I didn't hear the "F" bomb until I was almost an adult, when I was a teenager in the late 50's and early 60's the boys did not say that word around the girls at least not the boys I knew and you never ever heard a girl say it. And I remember "Confidential" magazine bringing out all the scandals on the stars back then but of course I couldn't buy it and didn't dare ask my mom to buy it. In fact I think they outed a movie actor by the name of George Nader to keep them from Rock Hudson being outed.
A long way around to say I do agree with you. Sorry.
Not too mention Lucy and ricky slept in twin beds on the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

shark
Member Avatar

Doris Day never twerked LOL I really don't want to see a naked Miley riding a wrecking ball. :boobs:
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

"Beach Blanket Bingo" wasn't Beach Party Balling,
Seaside Sex,
Pity Sex,
Dead Dog Sex
or Sympathy Sex.

Next thing we will hear about is fans offering sex and supper to their favorite soap actor.
Like the actor will really jump all over that invitation.
Geeeeeezus. :omg:
Edited by BlissfulLily, Jan 28 2014, 10:45 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jan 28 2014, 10:43 PM
"Beach Blanket Bingo" wasn't Beach Party Balling,
Seaside Sex,
Pity Sex,
Dead Dog Sex
or Sympathy Sex.

Next thing we will hear about is fans offering sex and supper to their favorite soap actor.
Like the actor will really jump all over that invitation.
Geeeeeezus. :omg:
MM might have to jump on the invites if he stays out of work too long, but I doubt EB or any of the rest of the cast will. LOL
Offline Profile Goto Top

Evan
Member Avatar

http://www.examiner.com/article/did-y-r-stars-take-a-joke-too-far-with-photo-posted-on-twitter
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Re: the author of several pieces from the Examiner that have been cited in this thread:
She is just a columnist giving her opinions.
Those pieces are not "news articles".
She is clearly pro-Muhney.
Look at all she's written -- and you will see how biased she is.
This is a link to a list of all that author's pieces:
http://www.examiner.com/soap-opera-in-national/rachael-monaco

Edited by nananana7, Jan 29 2014, 11:47 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I saw nothing wrong with the picture on twitter of Gregg, Elizabeth and Melissa. The only thing anyone could see was Gregg's puny looking chest. I think they were just trying to have fun and meant nothing but tweeting the picture
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

I agree. It looked like a simple twitter campaign to get the @YRInsider Twitter account to trend -- and/or to get the show itself to trend on Twitter. They were covered up by the signs. Really no big deal.
https://twitter.com/MClaireEgan/status/428232554555002880

Edited by nananana7, Jan 29 2014, 06:39 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mikebise
Member Avatar

Did anyone see MM's "acting" this week with the tears? I was cringing!
Edited by mikebise, Jan 29 2014, 06:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

He must have used onion juice because the tears weren't always there. He sure showed his acting there. If this had happened with out the background knowledge of his groping "accusation" it would have been good. Billy M. is great!!
As for the tweet with CheGregzabeth... I thought it was in good fun. People are just being too sensitive! (Gasp)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

That Rachel woman is so biased and team MM it's laughable.
The only "news" she posted was about the photo and that they "appear" to be naked, all the rest is her opinion which doesn't matter any more or less than any of ours, she just happens to have a column.
In case she doesn't know it, not everyone is on twitter and will never even see it so, I wouldn't worry about fans being "upset" about it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

mikebise
Jan 29 2014, 06:49 PM
Did anyone see MM's "acting" this week with the tears? I was cringing!
I thought he was trying to do Shakespere. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

HotPepper
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jan 29 2014, 07:16 PM
He must have used onion juice because the tears weren't always there. He sure showed his acting there. If this had happened with out the background knowledge of his groping "accusation" it would have been good. Billy M. is great!!
As for the tweet with CheGregzabeth... I thought it was in good fun. People are just being too sensitive! (Gasp)
MM was good but those horrible faces he makes just ruins his acting for me. I still think BM's was the best of the week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic