Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Interesting/Spoilerish Tweets, Week of 1/6
Topic Started: Jan 6 2014, 06:49 AM (27,779 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Kaha
Jan 7 2014, 10:31 PM
Jason47
Jan 7 2014, 10:18 PM
Deverauxfan
Jan 7 2014, 09:46 PM
Tripp
Jan 7 2014, 09:31 PM
I think the cutoff is 25 so he's missed that mark which is a shame. He so deserves to win. I at least hope Blake gets a nomination. Being a Nick fan from his original days, it's been hard to swallow of his actions, but at least I have the consolation that he did a damn fine job.
I think the cutoff for Younger Actor is 26. Blake Berris would put his submission in the Best Supporting Actor category. I truly think BB and GV have a great chance at being nominated in that category. Both did fantastic work this past year. :)
The cut-off is age 25 (once you are 26, you have to submit as Supporting). Freddie could still submit himself as Younger Actor next year too (2015), for episodes airing from January 1-March 19, 2014, since he turns 26 that day. This rule does affect Kate Mansi and Casey Deidrick, however, since they were both born in 1987. Casey could submit as Younger Actor for episodes airing January 1-April 25, and Kate can submit for Younger Actress for episodes airing January 1-September 15. Any episodes later in the year though, and they would have to submit in the Supporting categories.

The Emmy® award for Younger Actor in a Drama Series recognizes the work of the Performer age 25 and
under. If a performer turns 26 during the eligibility year, they may only submit an episode that aired when
they were 25.

CATEGORY 31 - Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series
(For a Series)
The Emmy® award for Younger Actor in a Drama Series recognizes the work of the Performer age 25 and
under. If a performer turns 26 during the eligibility year, they may only submit an episode that aired when
they were 25.
NOTE: A Performer Pre-Screen ballot for each of the Drama Performer Categories (26-31) will be
assigned to registered, eligible voters only. From the list of entrants appearing on the ballot, each voter will
be entitled to select 10 candidates he/she believes is worthy of Emmy® consideration. The top 10
candidates receiving the highest number of votes, regardless of the show, in each category, will advance to
the final screening round.
All performer entrants will submit video for an online Pre-Nomination judging round. Only those
performers selected in this Pre-Nomination Judging process will advance to the Blue Ribbon Judging
Round.
Entry Submission Guide:
1) Online entry process and payment.
The online entry form will prompt you to fill all required category fields and Character name. During the entry period, you may
leave and return to the draft entry as needed and finalize by or before the deadline.
Entry Fee:
Early Deadline Entry Fee (by or before December 20, 2013): $175
Final Deadline Entry Fee (by or before January 17, 2014): $200
NOTE: All individuals entering or show contacts entering on their behalf, must provide proof of age with the entry. Please
scan driver’s license or birth certificate and attach it to the online entry, or if necessary email to daytime@emmyonline.tv or
fax to 212-246-8129.
PRE-NOMINATION ROUND
2) Online Video Submission- for ALL performers- due by or before January 24, 2014
Submission Detail:
For both One Hour and Half Hour Programs: You must submit a reel no longer than 4 minutes in length containing up
to 2 unedited clips from the 2013 calendar year. Please ensure your submission includes identifying information
such as your NAME and a HEADSHOT
BLUE RIBBON ROUND – for performers advancing from the Pre-Nomination judging round.
Following the Pre-Nomination Announcements on March 3, 2014, entries will be accessible to upload a new video submission and
to add the synopsis.
3) Online Video Submission (for Blue-Ribbon Round only) – due by or before March 17, 2014
Submission Detail:
• For One Hour Programs, you may submit a clip reel with an unlimited number of scenes from One Episode. For Half
Hour Programs, you may submit a clip reel with an unlimited number of scenes from 2 back-to-back episodes. You may
exclude scenes in which you have no dialogue. No internal editing is permitted. No more than 25% of submission may be
from material prior to 2013 (ie. Flashbacks). NOTE: Content can be but does not have to be from the same episode
selected for the Pre-Nomination Round.
Head Slate
• 2-3 second identifying head shot of performer preceding the slate
• 2-3 seconds of black between scenes
• Slate “end of reel” at the end of the submission
4) SYNOPSIS (for Blue-Ribbon Round only) – Due by or before March 17, 2014
You must submit a “Plot Summary” up to 200 words to the entry for each advancing pre-nominated performer. Include
the following:
• A Synopsis of events/plot summary, defined as a description of contextual character placement and story arc within the
season and series. Any submitted material that aired in a year previous to 2013 must be acknowledged in this document as
well. Limit to 200 words per episode. Synopses will appear on the ballot as typed by entrant.
Please remember to proof read and spell check.
Following the Pre-Nomination Announcements on March 3, 2014, entries will be accessible to upload a new video
submission and to add the synopsis.
Jason, can you please answer a question I asked yesterday about Days removing Chandler from the cast right away but Eileen Davidson and Nathan Owens names are still there. Does that mean we should expect these two to appear in future episodes?
I didn't see you ask that question yesterday (sorry, I've been pretty busy and just skimming the topics this week, so I might have missed some posts)!

They obviously had to remove Chandler since Guy Wilson will be playing the role this week. Plus, Chandler was at the end of a cycle, so that would make sense too. Eileen did appear December 3, so her name was only left in the credits a few extra weeks. I don't know why Nathan stayed in so long. Again, one of my guesses is that maybe they weren't sure (at the time the December episodes were taped) if they would bring Cameron back or not, but ultimately decided not to bring him back (his removal from the credits co-incided with that text that Cameron sent Abigail saying he wouldn't be returning)...but that's just a guess. In most cases though, a contract actor's name is usually removed pretty quickly, either the last week (or week after) they last appear.

As to your original question though, Nathan and Eileen were both removed from the credits either the week of 12/16 or 12/23. I forget which one. So they are no longer listed in the credits.
Edited by Jason47, Jan 7 2014, 10:40 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Wow, so actors have to pay to have material submitted? I never knew that! Fun little fact.

Does Kate Mansi usually submit material for the Emmys? She had some pretty good material to work with in 2011 and 2012 and I was surprised that she wasn't nominated.

Freddie Smith totally has a nomination in the bag. 2013 was a good year for Sonny. I don't really think Chandler Massey did anything particularly Emmy-worthy last year, but because he's won two years in a row, he'll probably be nominated again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

Jason47
Deverauxfan
Tripp
Jan 7 2014, 09:31 PM
I think the cutoff is 25 so he's missed that mark which is a shame. He so deserves to win. I at least hope Blake gets a nomination. Being a Nick fan from his original days, it's been hard to swallow of his actions, but at least I have the consolation that he did a damn fine job.
I think the cutoff for Younger Actor is 26. Blake Berris would put his submission in the Best Supporting Actor category. I truly think BB and GV have a great chance at being nominated in that category. Both did fantastic work this past year. :)
The cut-off is age 25 (once you are 26, you have to submit as Supporting). Freddie could still submit himself as Younger Actor next year too (2015), for episodes airing from January 1-March 19, 2014, since he turns 26 that day. This rule does affect Kate Mansi and Casey Deidrick, however, since they were both born in 1987. Casey could submit as Younger Actor for episodes airing January 1-April 25, and Kate can submit for Younger Actress for episodes airing January 1-September 15. Any episodes later in the year though, and they would have to submit in the Supporting categories.

Thank you for the clarification. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 7 2014, 10:37 PM
Kaha
Jan 7 2014, 10:31 PM
Jason47
Deverauxfan

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

they were 25.

CATEGORY 31 - Outstanding Younger Actor in a Drama Series
(For a Series)
they were 25.
NOTE: A Performer Pre-Screen ballot for each of the Drama Performer Categories (26-31) will be
assigned to registered, eligible voters only. From the list of entrants appearing on the ballot, each voter will
be entitled to select 10 candidates he/she believes is worthy of Emmy® consideration. The top 10
candidates receiving the highest number of votes, regardless of the show, in each category, will advance to
the final screening round.
All performer entrants will submit video for an online Pre-Nomination judging round. Only those
performers selected in this Pre-Nomination Judging process will advance to the Blue Ribbon Judging
Round.
Entry Submission Guide:
1) Online entry process and payment.
The online entry form will prompt you to fill all required category fields and Character name. During the entry period, you may
leave and return to the draft entry as needed and finalize by or before the deadline.
Entry Fee:
Early Deadline Entry Fee (by or before December 20, 2013): $175
Final Deadline Entry Fee (by or before January 17, 2014): $200
NOTE: All individuals entering or show contacts entering on their behalf, must provide proof of age with the entry. Please
scan driver’s license or birth certificate and attach it to the online entry, or if necessary email to daytime@emmyonline.tv or
fax to 212-246-8129.
PRE-NOMINATION ROUND
2) Online Video Submission- for ALL performers- due by or before January 24, 2014
Submission Detail:
For both One Hour and Half Hour Programs: You must submit a reel no longer than 4 minutes in length containing up
to 2 unedited clips from the 2013 calendar year. Please ensure your submission includes identifying information
such as your NAME and a HEADSHOT
BLUE RIBBON ROUND – for performers advancing from the Pre-Nomination judging round.
Following the Pre-Nomination Announcements on March 3, 2014, entries will be accessible to upload a new video submission and
to add the synopsis.
3) Online Video Submission (for Blue-Ribbon Round only) – due by or before March 17, 2014
Submission Detail:
• For One Hour Programs, you may submit a clip reel with an unlimited number of scenes from One Episode. For Half
Hour Programs, you may submit a clip reel with an unlimited number of scenes from 2 back-to-back episodes. You may
exclude scenes in which you have no dialogue. No internal editing is permitted. No more than 25% of submission may be
from material prior to 2013 (ie. Flashbacks). NOTE: Content can be but does not have to be from the same episode
selected for the Pre-Nomination Round.
Head Slate
• 2-3 second identifying head shot of performer preceding the slate
• 2-3 seconds of black between scenes
• Slate “end of reel” at the end of the submission
4) SYNOPSIS (for Blue-Ribbon Round only) – Due by or before March 17, 2014
You must submit a “Plot Summary” up to 200 words to the entry for each advancing pre-nominated performer. Include
the following:
• A Synopsis of events/plot summary, defined as a description of contextual character placement and story arc within the
season and series. Any submitted material that aired in a year previous to 2013 must be acknowledged in this document as
well. Limit to 200 words per episode. Synopses will appear on the ballot as typed by entrant.
Please remember to proof read and spell check.
Following the Pre-Nomination Announcements on March 3, 2014, entries will be accessible to upload a new video
submission and to add the synopsis.
Jason, can you please answer a question I asked yesterday about Days removing Chandler from the cast right away but Eileen Davidson and Nathan Owens names are still there. Does that mean we should expect these two to appear in future episodes?
I didn't see you ask that question yesterday (sorry, I've been pretty busy and just skimming the topics this week, so I might have missed some posts)!

They obviously had to remove Chandler since Guy Wilson will be playing the role this week. Plus, Chandler was at the end of a cycle, so that would make sense too. Eileen did appear December 3, so her name was only left in the credits a few extra weeks. I don't know why Nathan stayed in so long. Again, one of my guesses is that maybe they weren't sure (at the time the December episodes were taped) if they would bring Cameron back or not, but ultimately decided not to bring him back (his removal from the credits co-incided with that text that Cameron sent Abigail saying he wouldn't be returning)...but that's just a guess. In most cases though, a contract actor's name is usually removed pretty quickly, either the last week (or week after) they last appear.

As to your original question though, Nathan and Eileen were both removed from the credits either the week of 12/16 or 12/23. I forget which one. So they are no longer listed in the credits.
Jason, thanks a lot for your thoughtful response to my question. Really appreciate all the info you give. My original question was about them being still listed on NBC's Days' website as cast members, but Chandler was removed immediately by Jan 2nd. That's why I assumed, ED and NO might be returning or maybe flashbacks in the near future.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i thought these were interesting (though unrelated to Days). There were a few others too, but this is the gist of it,

Eileen Davidsonþ@eileen_davidson
@YRInsider @YR_CBS 2 u who r bashing @HunterHaleyKing. Shes amazing, brave & courageous. She deserves 2 b applauded & repsected. THE END

Eileen Davidsonþ@eileen_davidson
@HunterHaleyKing I have so much respect for you Hunter. My thoughts are with you. xoxoxox
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

am103
Jan 7 2014, 11:22 PM
Does Kate Mansi usually submit material for the Emmys? She had some pretty good material to work with in 2011 and 2012 and I was surprised that she wasn't nominated.
She does. And she's been robbed twice so far.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

nbcdays: Fresh Face - good morning!!
Posted Image
http://instagram.com/p/i6Zjt5voBU/#
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

nbcdays: Caught Casey hard at work
Posted Image
http://instagram.com/p/i6iq_NvoLd/
Edited by Supergirlx2, Jan 8 2014, 12:55 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

nbcdays: Eric and Kristian are always my go to for a laugh... and selfie.
Posted Image
http://instagram.com/p/i6oGS3voCE/
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Kaha
Jan 8 2014, 12:20 AM
Jason, thanks a lot for your thoughtful response to my question. Really appreciate all the info you give. My original question was about them being still listed on NBC's Days' website as cast members, but Chandler was removed immediately by Jan 2nd. That's why I assumed, ED and NO might be returning or maybe flashbacks in the near future.
Regarding the NBC website, that sometimes will have out-of-date info. Nathan and Eileen are both done with "Days", and even if they appear in flashbacks (as Eileen did this week), that doesn't get you listed in the on-air credits.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jan 8 2014, 01:47 PM
Kaha
Regarding the NBC website, that sometimes will have out-of-date info. Nathan and Eileen are both done with "Days", and even if they appear in flashbacks (as Eileen did this week), that doesn't get you listed in the on-air credits.
when they show a clip or a pic of someone not on the show anymore... do they get paid anything?
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jan 8 2014, 01:57 PM
Jason47
Kaha
when they show a clip or a pic of someone not on the show anymore... do they get paid anything?
Quote:

Why don’t soaps use more flashbacks?
“You have to pay a full show fee to every actor in the flashback,” reveals Valentini.
Quote:

If an actor is no longer on a show but that show continues to use their picture [...] does the actor get paid for the use of his image?
“Yes,” responds Valentini. “There is a nominal fee if the actor is no longer on the show.”
http://carolynhinsey.tainteddreamstheseries.com/2013/09/20/you-asked-carolyn-answers/
Edited by thepadange, Jan 8 2014, 02:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

nbcdays: Early morning blocking session with Director Stephen Willford for a VERY shocking episode coming your way.
http://instagram.com/p/i6vN_EvoKK/

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

nbcdays: I spy Hope and Kate...
http://instagram.com/p/i60dvUPoAX/

Posted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sariah
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 8 2014, 02:26 PM
nbcdays: Early morning blocking session with Director Stephen Willford for a VERY shocking episode coming your way.
http://instagram.com/p/i6vN_EvoKK/

Posted Image

Is that somebody in a robe I see? Don't the actors usually wear robes when they're filming "naked" scenes? #WishthatwasKateMansi

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

You can still submit in Younger Actor if you turned 26 during the contention year (you have to pick material from when you were 25 though)...you can also submit in Supporting or Lead as well I believe.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Who are the people in that picture?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

thepadange
Jan 8 2014, 02:14 PM
Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jan 8 2014, 01:57 PM
Jason47
Kaha
Quote:

Why don’t soaps use more flashbacks?
“You have to pay a full show fee to every actor in the flashback,” reveals Valentini.
Quote:

If an actor is no longer on a show but that show continues to use their picture [...] does the actor get paid for the use of his image?
“Yes,” responds Valentini. “There is a nominal fee if the actor is no longer on the show.”
http://carolynhinsey.tainteddreamstheseries.com/2013/09/20/you-asked-carolyn-answers/
Nice to know that Eileen, somewhat, and Matthew Ashford (as we see his pic at the Horton house often) gets some money from Days.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Team WilSon
Member Avatar
"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places."

Mitchapalooza
Jan 8 2014, 02:39 PM
Who are the people in that picture?
Kate wearing the robe? Jen sitting on the chair? Chrishell on the right? Freddie and Alison.
Edited by Team WilSon, Jan 8 2014, 02:48 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

badaddiction
Member Avatar

From the back, it looks like KM (in the robe), CB (hair in rollers), FS (in burgundy pants), as AS (sitting at the table).
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic