Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Days Ratings Press Release for Dec 23-27
Topic Started: Jan 6 2014, 03:58 PM (795 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' EQUALS ITS BIGGEST 4TH-QUARTER WOMEN 18-49 AUDIENCE SINCE 2010 AND DELIVERS ITS TOP 4TH-QUARTER OVERALL AUDIENCE SINCE ’09

January 06, 2014
'DAYS OF OUR LIVES' EQUALS ITS BIGGEST 4TH-QUARTER WOMEN 18-49 AUDIENCE SINCE 2010 AND DELIVERS ITS TOP 4TH-QUARTER OVERALL AUDIENCE SINCE ’09

For the Quarter, ‘Days’ Is Up 12% in Both the Women 18-49 and 25-54 Demos vs. One Year Ago and Up 9% in Total Viewers

UNIVERSAL CITY, Calif. – Jan. 6, 2014 – “Days of our Lives” has equaled its biggest women 18-49 audience for a fourth quarter in three years and generated its biggest overall audience for a fourth quarter in four years, according to “live plus same day” viewing figures for the week of Dec. 2-6 from Nielsen Media Research.

For the week of Dec. 23-27, "Days of our Lives" (0.8 rating, 5 share among women 18-49, 0.4 rating among women 18-34) tied for #7 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 demographic and tied for #9 in the women 18-34 race.

The holiday week concluded the fourth quarter of 2013 for "Days of our Lives," which tied for #6 among network daytime series in the women 18-49 category with an average 1.1 rating and tied for #5 in the women 18-34 demo with a 0.6.

For the quarter, "Days of our Lives" finished up 7% in the women 18-34 category (with 216,000 women 18-34 this year vs. last year’s 201,000), up 12% in the women 18-49 race (692,000 vs. 616,000), up 12% in the women 25-54 demo (844,000 vs. 755,000) and up 9% in total viewers (2.8 million vs. 2.6 million).

“Days of our Lives” equaled its biggest women 18-49 audience for a fourth quarter in three years, since averaging 790,000 in 2010; attracted its biggest women 25-54 audience in those same three years since attracting 956,000 in the fourth quarter of 2010; and generated its biggest fourth-quarter overall audience in four years, since averaging 3.2 million in 2009.

Ratings reflect “live plus same day” data from Nielsen Media Research unless otherwise noted. Fourth-quarter and season-to-date figures are averages of “live plus seven day” data except for the two most recent weeks, which are “live plus same day.”
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I fully expect a renewal soon after these numbers. NBC has to be happy with how the show is performing, especially since it is by and far the cheapest to produce of the 4 remaining soaps.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

The Christmas episodes were really great, I enjoy that entire week.

JillianJ

Well done DOOL.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Glad to see Days get good ratings for their Christmas episodes. My schedule was such that I only had the time for one soap over the holidays (and month of December) so I watched GH, but just watched some JJ clips and Days did a much better job of integrating their entire cast into the holiday celebrations. And you just can't beat Tom and Alice's ornaments on the Christmas tree in the home they raised their family in.

ShaneDOOLFan

I really enjoyed the christmas episodes as well and I have enjoyed watching the show even after Kristen leaving, which I didnt think I would want to watch. Just goes to show that decent writing/scripts will keep people tuned in despite storylines being slow. I fully expect a renewal as well since they are producing these types of numbers on such a restricted budget. I think it is very impressive considering they are the cheapest produced soap opera. A testament to good writing/acting.

I hope with a renewal will come a great planned 50th anniversary. Hoping NBC shells out some extra cash to make it special. DOOL and its fans deserve a good celebration.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

ShaneDOOLFan
Jan 6 2014, 06:00 PM
I really enjoyed the christmas episodes as well and I have enjoyed watching the show even after Kristen leaving, which I didnt think I would want to watch. Just goes to show that decent writing/scripts will keep people tuned in despite storylines being slow. I fully expect a renewal as well since they are producing these types of numbers on such a restricted budget. I think it is very impressive considering they are the cheapest produced soap opera. A testament to good writing/acting.

I hope with a renewal will come a great planned 50th anniversary. Hoping NBC shells out some extra cash to make it special. DOOL and its fans deserve a good celebration.
I am wondering whether DAYS will get a 2 year renewal to bring them to 50 or just a 1 year...

lysie
Member Avatar

Press releases always make me anxious for the actual numbers to come out. This hasn't happened in a while, but does anyone else remember how at one point we were getting press releases, and then the ratings would come out and be just dreadful? It was all spin. Now, I'm automatically suspicious.

ShaneDOOLFan

A one year renewal at this point will bring them to the 50th anniversary. They are renewed through September of this year and so September 2015 would make them air into 2016 at the current taping schedule.

lysie
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Jan 6 2014, 06:13 PM
A one year renewal at this point will bring them to the 50th anniversary. They are renewed through September of this year and so September 2015 would make them air into 2016 at the current taping schedule.
I don't think the taping schedule would make a difference. They'd have a final airdate and hopefully they won't have taped past it. I think.

ShaneDOOLFan

Huh, I doubt they would last air in September 2015. They wont stop their current taping schedule, that is one reason they are still on the air. Id say NBC will at least make sure they air through the end of next year to capitalize on the 50th anniversary.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

ShaneDOOLFan
Jan 6 2014, 06:27 PM
Huh, I doubt they would last air in September 2015. They wont stop their current taping schedule, that is one reason they are still on the air. Id say NBC will at least make sure they air through the end of next year to capitalize on the 50th anniversary.
Well technically they could get the 1 year renewal which would take them to Sep 2015 and the show could just finish taping in March or April of 2015.

ShaneDOOLFan

True, but I just dont see NBC taking it off the air in September when they can finish it on their anniversary if they choose to. They can get a lot media attention and publicity by having a show run its 50th anniversary. I guess we shall see.

am103
Member Avatar

I have no doubts that Days will see 50. Now, what happens after that is totally up in the air, in my opinion.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Love DAYS during Christmas time. It usually is the best because of the traditions they keep every year. It is really special!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply