Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SON interview with Ali Sweeney and James Scott
Topic Started: Jan 7 2014, 06:27 AM (9,702 Views)
daysmemories
Member Avatar

all I got from that article is that you never know what they're going to do with EJ and Abby so like I said if response from fans is anything then yeah I think they'll probably go with them you know some months from now that said um I haven't really seen anything on the negative side cuz I think they're all trying to be silent about it or something but on the positive side of things quite a few people rooting for it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

One thing that made me roll my eyes on that article is something it said, the more twisted they write them, the more audiences love them. I see no chemistry between AS and JS but even I did, they are written as a dysfunctional couple who basically bring out the worst in each other. If the fans get off watching that, fine, but I think it's one of the reasons Days remains a mediocre soap. New fans coming along see how badly Sami and EJ treat each other and think, "This a rootable couple?" They can try to ignore them but it takes FFing them to get through the episode.

I guess I'm just at an age now where I'm not going to just listen to a TV show's opinion on whom I should like. I don't fall for it with Daniel, and I sure as hell don't fall for it with Ejami because after rapes, head shootings, and bitter custody battles between each other have morphed into an engaged that spends more time lying to each other, hiding evidence from each other and, what's the latest? Oh yea, sleeping with someone now else. Brady/cocaine make a better ship.

Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

Tripp
Jan 7 2014, 09:50 AM
I'm not going to just listen to a TV show's opinion on whom I should like. I don't fall for it with Daniel, and I sure as hell don't fall for it with Ejami

This. In a nutshell. It does seem that the studio is behind this interview, though, because there is a new picture released. Don't care, though. I'm still gonna enjoy the hell out of this storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

I'm going to enjoy EJabby, and take what the show gives me. I never thought they would ever dare to go there, so they have already surpassed my expectations.

Do I wish EJami would finally end for good? Holy crap, YES! But they film 5 months in advance, so the minute I saw the promo, I figured they would probably only be testing the waters with these EJ/Abby scenes. Because of their advanced taping schedule, what is done is done, but that doesn't mean EJabby won't be revisited, especially if the show has sees all the positive feedback this couple has been receiving. It's important to be vocal, and to let them know we're enjoying what we're seeing on-screen. We may not see EJabby in May, but we can work to see them this summer or fall, scenes they haven't taped yet.
Edited by NocturnalBlondie, Jan 7 2014, 10:54 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Abby definitely will not turn pysco since she called naive
Online Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Ejami. :sleep:
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

LuvingLumi
Jan 7 2014, 09:38 AM
gailwinters
Jan 7 2014, 08:42 AM
I feel confident that this article is in response to the negative feedback from the promo.

As for that picture of the three of them, I'd willing to bet that scene is from the day Sami comes back from her trip. It might take two weeks to see it, based on how long Salem Days last.

I actually think SON was riding on the coat tails of the promo to get hits on their site and not responding to negative anything....similar to what they did on Friday when the promo was released they released an article that said absolutely nothing. Same here, this article really doesn't say much about anything...the story is predictable....no one buys that Ejami is going to end right now, but the majority believe that they will end around April/May with the reveal. What I found interesting about the article is that it had a lot of talk of Ejami fighting....as if that is their 'big thing'...
Its one of the things some love and James and AS love to play.....especially the fighting that turn into more :blulaugh:

They basically said EJAMI have dealt with worse and over come it, so even the April/May specs of EJAMI ending seems to be dismissed here, but that is just my take.

ETA: I am with you Gail, the timing is very interesting for James and AS to grant this interview and its release.
Edited by JillianJ, Jan 7 2014, 10:29 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I was figuring we'd get an article like this this week. Not surprised at all, as it's always been obvious Ejabby is a short-term thing. If anything, Abby is now on the docket of available women that may be part of EJ's rotation in the future.

I agree with AS to some degree that Ejami has been at their dysfunctional best lately. Although, I think writers need to ebb and flow with that so the dynamic doesn't get stale.

LOL at JS. He sounds like such a fangirl sometimes.
Online Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

tomsawyer
Jan 7 2014, 10:29 AM
I was figuring we'd get an article like this this week. Not surprised at all, as it's always been obvious Ejabby is a short-term thing. If anything, Abby is now on the docket of available women that may be part of EJ's rotation in the future.

I agree with AS to some degree that Ejami has been at their dysfunctional best lately. Although, I think writers need to ebb and flow with that so the dynamic doesn't get stale.

:lol: its one of the things I love about him, the way he fangirls about EJAMI and his scenes with AS :wub2:
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7

Ha! At the end of the article, the interviewer asks the actors:
What would you like to see as an idea for EJAMI working together?
Not what will happen.
Just what would the actors would ideally like to see the writers write.

Here is what Alison Sweeney would like to see for Ejami working together:
Alison Sweeney said: "It would have to be Sami and EJ teaming up against something. I mean really, from the get-go, be a team -- not in a disjointed way. It would be so much fun to see them scheming and planning ... something where they'd really have to work as a team to carry out a plot. Yes, a big agenda! Something with a lot of planning, and then Sami messes it up. Wouldn't that be fun?!"

My response to reading that:
Ha! Alison must be missing Lumi scheming. Sorry Alison. Ejami wouldn't work that way. The Lumi scheming was fun and entertaining because of how Lumi was written. And how Lucas was acted.

Edited by nananana7, Jan 7 2014, 10:34 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

In the past what they have said they would like to see, has played out on screen; we had Bonnie and Clyde references from both in chats and interviews and lo and behold it came on screen.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

JillianJ
Jan 7 2014, 10:28 AM
LuvingLumi
gailwinters
I feel confident that this article is in response to the negative feedback from the promo.

As for that picture of the three of them, I'd willing to bet that scene is from the day Sami comes back from her trip. It might take two weeks to see it, based on how long Salem Days last.

I actually think SON was riding on the coat tails of the promo to get hits on their site and not responding to negative anything....similar to what they did on Friday when the promo was released they released an article that said absolutely nothing. Same here, this article really doesn't say much about anything...the story is predictable....no one buys that Ejami is going to end right now, but the majority believe that they will end around April/May with the reveal. What I found interesting about the article is that it had a lot of talk of Ejami fighting....as if that is their 'big thing'...
Its one of the things some love and James and AS love to play.....especially the fighting that turn into more :blulaugh:

They basically said EJAMI have dealt with worse and over come it, so even the April/May specs of EJAMI ending seems to be dismissed here, but that is just my take.

ETA: I am with you Gail, the timing is very interesting for James and AS to grant this interview and its release.
I still think they're going to break up in May when the truth comes out. However, I don't think it's going to be an "I hate you" (or I shoot you in the head, lol) type of break-up like it's been before. And I highly doubt they'll move out each other's orbit. They could reunite in short order or it could be a year down the road. Either way, I can pretty much guarantee that they will continue to break up and reunite until the show goes off the air, so whateves.
Online Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I do not think they removed ej and Sami from each orbit
But if Ejbby is done it only mean the next story will not be ej and Sami getting back and breaking up and so on until the show end.it onlt mean the cocomeback of trio from he'll ej Sami rafe and Jordan on the side
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 7 2014, 10:48 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 7 2014, 10:29 AM

I will honestly be surprised if we don't get something else this week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jan 7 2014, 10:47 AM
But if Ejbby is done it only mean the next story will not be ej and Sami getting back and breaking up and so on until the show end.it onlt mean the cocomeback of trio from he'll ej Sami rafe and Jordan on the side
:shrug: Probably.

I just assume both EJ and Sami will continue to cycle through people until the show ends. She'll probably go back to both Lucas and Rafe at some point. He'll probably hook up with Nicole, Abby, or one of the new women at some point. Then Ejami will get back together at some point too. It's a soap. That's how relationships roll.
Online Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

tomsawyer
Jan 7 2014, 10:38 AM
JillianJ
LuvingLumi
gailwinters

I still think they're going to break up in May when the truth comes out. However, I don't think it's going to be an "I hate you" (or I shoot you in the head, lol) type of break-up like it's been before. And I highly doubt they'll move out each other's orbit. They could reunite in short order or it could be a year down the road. Either way, I can pretty much guarantee that they will continue to break up and reunite until the show goes off the air, so whateves.
possible, one of the themes has been these two cannot live without each other, so if they break up the sl will just be them on their way back to each other; there was this line James used at DOD that basically said as much as well when it comes to not being able to be without each other.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

tomsawyer
Jan 7 2014, 10:38 AM
JillianJ
LuvingLumi
gailwinters

I think this is likely the first time she breaks up with Ej that she won't be mad, or angry but truly devastated and hurt. I really do think she'll be totally clueless until the reveal.....and that will make her reaction even more powerful because she can't imagine Ej ever doing that to HER.

Never a fan of the pairing, but if there is one consistent thing about them is that Sami never thought he'd sleep around while with her. She knows that he went to all this length to finally get her, so she is pretty sure that they might have trust issues and family problems but she likely never imagined in a million years that he would cheat on her. That was probably the ONLY thing she trusted about him. Plus Sami thinks of herself in a higher regard that Nicole, so it wouldn't even occur to her that he cheated on Nicole and could likely cheat on her too if the perfect storm of circumstances came about.

I think a lot of factors depend on where the story goes after May. Since they tape ridiculously so far ahead and they are currently taping end of May, we will likely start seeing what the future for Ejami or Ejabby will bring come mid to late summer. If Ejabby is favorable in the ratings we might see them completely remove Ejami out of the picture...they've done it in the past when Corday believed that the car was falling off the cliff and immediately directed the Ej shooting, etc...and they will likely do it again if they see positive movement in the ratings...at the very least if they don't see a decline over the winter, they will move forward with some aspect of an Ejabby relationship.....we know Sami isn't going to be alone for long, what they do with her we'll have to wait to see.....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 7 2014, 11:10 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

Greys

Is that a new pic of them where they are talking
Offline Profile Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 7 2014, 10:53 AM
Partnersincrime
Jan 7 2014, 10:47 AM
:shrug: Probably.

I just assume both EJ and Sami will continue to cycle through people until the show ends. She'll probably go back to both Lucas and Rafe at some point. He'll probably hook up with Nicole, Abby, or one of the new women at some point. Then Ejami will get back together at some point too. It's a soap. That's how relationships roll.
But you made it sound like ej will be written like Sami one and only even she be with other men ej is the man she want it something It no going to happen.
Unless the change writers I do not see lucas will being one of Sami many men I see they put Sami with new man before lucas
Edited by Partnersincrime, Jan 7 2014, 11:08 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

Yes it is a new pic, my guess is when Sami comes home on Monday or so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic