Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SON interview with Ali Sweeney and James Scott
Topic Started: Jan 7 2014, 06:27 AM (9,913 Views)
crookedhalo
Member Avatar

Ernesto
Jan 8 2014, 02:44 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jan 8 2014, 11:52 AM
I want to agree SO badly with you...but I totally disagree that ALL versions of her suck.

We'll have to agree to disagree...

The character of Sami is (and always has been) a composite of every single negative female stereotype...there's never been anything about the character that I find interesting or believable. Quite frankly, I think the character is an incredible insult to women of all ages.

And, don't get me started on AS as an "actress"... :puke:
SALUTE!! I had a little trouble with the "like". And this was reflected greatly in this interview.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kansa
Member Avatar

Does anybody know if Chad DiMera is off the canvas for the foreseeable future or if they're going to bring the character back in to inject some further drama into this storyline?
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Hologram
Jan 8 2014, 07:58 AM
S loves EJ
Jan 8 2014, 07:52 AM
The Scorpion
Jan 8 2014, 03:04 AM
crookedhalo
Jan 8 2014, 02:16 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
MY take on it : is obvious that EJ and Abby will have a fling or whatever and EJami will break up is also obvious when Sami finds out about it. And quite crass I can not see that EJami will continue as a couple after that, the entire basis of EJami was EJ's so-called love only for Sami and this can not be sold anymore after he fuck another woman while he was in relationship with Sami. He can say all he wants that he loves Sami but she'll never believe it again after that. So I expect that Sami move on with someone else.

I donīt think Ejamiīs relationship is all based on him only loving Sami, but also her feelings for him, and if she loves him she will miss him and not being able to stay away. I agree with the interview that they gotten through worse if she believed he still loved her after the sydnapping and the rafe2 storyline I donīt see why she wonīt believe he still loves her after EJ sleeping with Abby.
She might miss him.. but that fact does not make a couple.

For some couples, as much as they love each other it doesn't necessarily mean that they should be together or are good (for each other) together.
For further details See Marlena speaks to Will about John October 2013.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jan 8 2014, 11:52 AM
Ernesto
Jan 8 2014, 07:18 AM
concerned
Jan 7 2014, 04:32 PM
...there's pretty much nothing I hate more than a Sami that is clueless and a victim. That version of Sami completely sucks.
ALL versions of Sami completely suck! :puke:
I want to agree SO badly with you, because I absolutely cannot stand the current version of Sami (or the current version of Alison Sweeney either)...but I totally disagree that ALL versions of her suck.

Sami is awesome as a deranged bitch, who is the constant loser in love. She is a master manipulator and knows how to get what she wants while not giving two shits who is hurt in the process....THAT is the Sami I love AND love to hate. This is also the only version of Sami that Alison Sweeney 100% can master and is VERY good at.
I could not have worded that any better.

I didn't like the original comment either because there is that one version of Sami which is entertaining and it is the only one that I find convincing.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Mouse Mom
Jan 8 2014, 02:11 PM
All I know is I was never a "fan" of the EJ character UNTIL now. WOW. Just WOW. That stuff at the cabin was so sweet. Time for EJ to trade up and be with Abby. It isn't so much that I don't like the character of Sami so much as it gives me a headache to watch her. All that squishy faced crying and temper fits. And stomping around the room like she is wearing work boots. So annoying. EJ is supposed to be a refined criminal. With good taste and grace (while of course, being a criminal.) Sami is just so jarring with him. Abby is refined and smart and doesn't make squishy faces, or stomp. Abby is smart enough to take Stefano down and help EJ run the empire. So, I don't care about this interview, I just want (insert squishy face) (stomp, stomp) my way and have Ejabby.
:roflol: You have me crying with this post. My husband is looking at me like I have lost my mind. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Reese
Jan 8 2014, 06:13 PM
Mouse Mom
All I know is I was never a "fan" of the EJ character UNTIL now. WOW. Just WOW. That stuff at the cabin was so sweet. Time for EJ to trade up and be with Abby. It isn't so much that I don't like the character of Sami so much as it gives me a headache to watch her. All that squishy faced crying and temper fits. And stomping around the room like she is wearing work boots. So annoying. EJ is supposed to be a refined criminal. With good taste and grace (while of course, being a criminal.) Sami is just so jarring with him. Abby is refined and smart and doesn't make squishy faces, or stomp. Abby is smart enough to take Stefano down and help EJ run the empire. So, I don't care about this interview, I just want (insert squishy face) (stomp, stomp) my way and have Ejabby.
:roflol: You have me crying with this post. My husband is looking at me like I have lost my mind. lol
Abby was so bright and proud of herself for figuring at that EJ & Gabi were doing the nasty and she didn't know that the wing pendant was actually the Archangel Raphael's wing, not the wing of one of the artist Raphael's angels as EJ told her(just google Raphael's wings) so I'm not too sure about the smart part.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jan 8 2014, 11:20 AM
lysie
Jan 7 2014, 11:23 AM
This doesn't change anything said in the article, but I doubt this interview was done after the promo was released. They probably had to sit on it until the stuff aired. They mention Abby's going attraction but nothing about the promo, so my guess was they did this right before they broke for Christmas. SON's interviews that they did this fall were done over the summer. Their turnaround from actual interview to write-up tales a while. This could have been an exception, but I doubt it. It sounds like this story will end being exactly what I thought it would, though.
I think that Lysie is right -- this interview was done months ago, It was done after the Abby-EJ scenes were filmed -- but still months ago. It seems that this interview was timed to be released just before the promo about the EJ-Abby sexcapade, but nevertheless the actual interview was done long ago. The actors were told when this interview would be released, and had to carefully say whatever seemed appropriate for that.

To me, it all seems intentionally scripted to mean whatever you want it to mean.
AS referenced fan reaction to Ejami's mid-December fight so it obviously wasn't done months ago. It was probably done right before they went on holiday break, so maybe three weeks ago or so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

AFaithL

I just remember KC saying that EJ would have to go back to being a villain and that EJ would "continually break Sami's trust". That seems to be coming true.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

daysjahvu
Jan 8 2014, 06:34 PM
Reese
Mouse Mom
Abby was so bright and proud of herself for figuring at that EJ & Gabi were doing the nasty and she didn't know that the wing pendant was actually the Archangel Raphael's wing, not the wing of one of the artist Raphael's angels as EJ told her(just google Raphael's wings) so I'm not too sure about the smart part.
Well, EJ, a college educated man and an attorney, still thinks she's smart even after her incorrect surmising.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

Reese
Jan 8 2014, 07:30 PM
daysjahvu
Reese
Mouse Mom
Well, EJ, a college educated man and an attorney, still thinks she's smart even after her incorrect surmising.
Since the OP was comparing Sami and Abby and you referenced EJ's comments, he also thinks Sami is one of the best people around to help him run his companies......so 'smart' isn't really a selling point either way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

Ljay
Jan 8 2014, 02:19 PM
Rosebud
Jan 8 2014, 11:46 AM
This show needs to give these two a rest. How many times do we have to watch them destroy each other then get back together. I hate them.

I dont necessarily hate Ejami is that Im TIRED of them! I mean if they were a great romance/story it wold be a complete and different story. But Im talking torture, kidnapping, shooting, etc..I like Ej and Sami as long as they are with someone else. Come on! Its taking 7 yrs for this couple to get together? Damn, I was completely over them before they've even begun!

Im glad Ej fell for Abby and it went as far as it did. Showed me if Sami isnt in the picture he can be his own man..And by that I and everyone else seen the EJabby scenes, they weren't as hostile as Ejamis sex scenes. Just sayin..I think Ej like the turn of events. JMO
:lol: not all of EJAMIs sex scenes are fight and fuck ......in fact there has only been three of those
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JillianJ
Jan 8 2014, 07:48 PM
Ljay
Jan 8 2014, 02:19 PM
Rosebud
Jan 8 2014, 11:46 AM
This show needs to give these two a rest. How many times do we have to watch them destroy each other then get back together. I hate them.

I dont necessarily hate Ejami is that Im TIRED of them! I mean if they were a great romance/story it wold be a complete and different story. But Im talking torture, kidnapping, shooting, etc..I like Ej and Sami as long as they are with someone else. Come on! Its taking 7 yrs for this couple to get together? Damn, I was completely over them before they've even begun!

Im glad Ej fell for Abby and it went as far as it did. Showed me if Sami isnt in the picture he can be his own man..And by that I and everyone else seen the EJabby scenes, they weren't as hostile as Ejamis sex scenes. Just sayin..I think Ej like the turn of events. JMO
:lol: not all of EJAMIs sex scenes are fight and fuck ......in fact there has only been three of those
You've COUNTED the number of crusty couch scenes???? Even the ones that occur in bed?
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

^^are those hostile or rough? if not, why would they be counted?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

JillianJ
Jan 8 2014, 07:43 PM
Reese
Jan 8 2014, 07:30 PM
daysjahvu
Reese

Since the OP was comparing Sami and Abby and you referenced EJ's comments, he also thinks Sami is one of the best people around to help him run his companies......so 'smart' isn't really a selling point either way.
You're right. I'll just stick with the hilarious parts about the stomping and clomping. That was the most fun anyway.

ETA: I just went back to my post to read it and the person's responding to it. In my original post I made no mention of Sami's intelligence. The poster referenced Abby's smarts. I responded that EJ considered Abby smart because that poster said that she (Abby) wasn't smart. She also made no mention of Sami like the OP did. You included Sami in our discussion.

Therefore, I stand by my original post. EJ still considered Abby smart after the angel conversation , etc. Since I never said that Sami wasn't smart, your post is clearly not directed at mine. And I'll leave it at that.
Edited by Reese, Jan 8 2014, 09:11 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

The Scorpion
Jan 8 2014, 08:03 AM
S loves EJ
Jan 8 2014, 07:45 AM
The Scorpion
Jan 8 2014, 06:46 AM
crookedhalo
Jan 8 2014, 04:28 AM

Of course is the case that couples break up and make up and it goes round and round, but I also think this is a dealbreaker for EJami precisely because of what I wrote before, what the actors think or not like doesn't matter. JS and Ali enjoy working together, so what? I think they are so professional that they run with the story whatsoever.

It matters to me what the actors thinks since I donīt want a couple to be forced, now I donīt think JS is against Ejabby they looked really hot together so I donīt see why he wouldnīt enjoy that (probably should tell his girlfriend to continue not to watch), but the interview makes it sound like it, even if itīs an interview about Ejami that suppose to be all about Ejami he could have said a little less about Ejami and just said what happens with Ejami you will just have to wait and see.
Well it's no secret that JS likes EJami, personally I do not care about what the actors prefer or not prefer:)
That doesn't mean he prefers one actress over another though. It's clear that if you are involved with Sami you will be front and center on this show. He isn't stupid.

Offline Profile Goto Top

monicasblueangel
Member Avatar

Sami was not on Ej's
mind at all while
he was doing Abby. He was like
Sami who? I used to
be a big Ejole fan and still
love them but Ejabby are hot.

If Days is smart they will
capitalize on this. Abby is young
and beautiful, its time Ej had a change

And he got some, wtg Ej! .
Offline Profile Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

JillianJ
Jan 8 2014, 07:58 PM
Why count any of them? :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

AFaithL
Jan 8 2014, 07:23 PM
I just remember KC saying that EJ would have to go back to being a villain and that EJ would "continually break Sami's trust". That seems to be coming true.
He also said that of course they couldn't have a happily ever after and that their relationship would be like Michael and Kay's from the Godfather.
Offline Profile Goto Top

S loves EJ

The Scorpion
Jan 8 2014, 08:11 AM
Hologram
Jan 8 2014, 07:58 AM
S loves EJ
Jan 8 2014, 07:52 AM
The Scorpion
Jan 8 2014, 03:04 AM

I donīt think Ejamiīs relationship is all based on him only loving Sami, but also her feelings for him, and if she loves him she will miss him and not being able to stay away. I agree with the interview that they gotten through worse if she believed he still loved her after the sydnapping and the rafe2 storyline I donīt see why she wonīt believe he still loves her after EJ sleeping with Abby.
She might miss him.. but that fact does not make a couple.

For some couples, as much as they love each other it doesn't necessarily mean that they should be together or are good (for each other) together.
Sami miss him after this? Nah, she will move on with a new man, but EJ that's another story I could say that he is the one who usually lose in the end and it's so obvious.

I donīt think EJ will lose in the end of this storyline Iīm pretty sure that as long as JS is on the show there will be a loveinterest for him whoever it may be, he might be single for a little while but not for long, but even if they were to just write him as a villain it could be interesting too since I love bad EJ.

ladyofthelake
Jan 8 2014, 01:45 PM
You know, despite everything positive that has happened with Sweeney's career, she could just be that insecure young lady. I thought the interview was just more politics. Actors have to be great politicians, unless they are truly in it for the art. It was the rare Days actor who spoke up (miss you, Matt Ashford!).
I can actually believe that, despite it all, there could be some insecurities. And that's not to slam Sweeney in any way. Sometimes overachievers do this BECAUSE of insecurities, that they have to prove themselves. Chalk it up to my Psychology 101. And the fact that I do the same thing myself, and then I wonder, "Why the hell am I doing all this? LOL

You probably right about them having to be politicians I guess I didnīt get how this industry works, or forgets that itīs even an industry. I thought first that maybe this conversation was pointless but maybe it have given me more understanding for how interviews works.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JillianJ

ladyofthelake
Jan 8 2014, 09:10 PM
JillianJ
Jan 8 2014, 07:58 PM
Why count any of them? :shrug:
So you see all of EJAMI's lovemaking as soft and sweet, lol.....nice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic