Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Wednesday, January 8th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 8 2014, 12:16 AM (28,745 Views)
daysjahvu
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 11 2014, 01:09 PM
Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 02:15 PM
S loves EJ
Jan 10 2014, 01:17 PM
I think the hunt for pedofiles might has gone to far if not legal adults can have sex without it being questioned. The problem with pedofiles is bigger in US than in Sweden though. The legal system in Sweden is also very different in Sweden you are legal at 15 which might be to young but 18 sounds therefore also a bit high to me, especially if two people that are close in age were to have sex like a 17 year and a 20 year old. I doubt this conversation would even come up in Sweden.
The pedophilia comments are jokes. No one actually thinks there is pedophilia going on. Abby is of legal age. Age is not in question. Had they hooked her and EJ up when she first came on it would be fine but in an effort to make her Anastagail they missed their mark and not just the step which has given it a tone similar to pedophiles. EJ is in a position of power, Abby is not his contemporary even if they try to tell the audience she is a smart cookie. It's the same reason why people get worked up over professors sleeping with their students. It's not about age, it's about an abuse of power. For me height is not even an issue because Chad was the same height. However, the height difference has not been managed well and only adds to an overall vibe that has been there. The head kiss, the remote cabin in the woods, her being way down on the pillow, shhh told tell anyone, having her keep telling me she's a woman, her history with Austin, etc etc. I guess her thing about Austin could be about pursuing unavailable men but that wasn't the feel I got from it. Abby feels abandoned by her father. It's not just one thing.

Personally, I shipped Melanie/Brady and Melanie/Phillip for the hot minute before she turned into a three year old. I ship Sookie and Bill---there's a 100 year age difference.

One of my favorite movies, Thorn Birds is super skeevey but I still loved the hell out of Father Ralph and Meg. Then there is LOST. I thought Kate and Sawyer were really hot together but her daddy issues really turned me off to them. Even though they were contemporaries and there wasn't any real age difference and I think he used to call her "kid" all the time.
This is me exactly.

I Didnt hate the scenes, & I don't think their ages are that important. What is important is they aren't equals, they aren't contemporaries. He's a man who has been married multiple times, has children, runs a company, has done many nefarious things. Abby is a young woman with not many life experiences, not many sexual partners & just finished college. She's naive & he's worldly.

The scenes weren't t all bad but they were definitely awkward in alot of places, IMO. Part of it was blocking, part of it was poor choices, and part of it was because he's so much taller & looks so much older than her.

Chad, while the height difference did make some scenes look odd, wasnt awkward/weird to me because the were equals in almost every other way.

And the jokes about Father Figure & Abby on a box are going NO WHERE as far as I'm concerned. It's funny & somewhat warranted. This board has a ton of funny, snarky posters who make fun of every character (including their favorites). It's one of my most favorite things about here.
Chad is the younger, thinner version of EJ that EJ was when he came to Salem. He doesn't have all the life experiences that EJ has. Casey doesn't have the mature look that some people his age have.

But even when EJ came to town, he was a man of the world...he had his Brazilian lover that he tangoed with naked, his Oxford education, he hung out with Prince William at Eton and since then he has matured even more. James has too both physically and in his acting skills.

Abby has seen the world, but you would never know it by the way they have written her this time around. Kate has that awesome petite dancer's body that makes her look young for her age as well.

In a perfect world, Kate would have been playing a sorased Abby when EJ came to town and given Sami a run for her money. But that's not where we're at right now.
Online Profile Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

daysjahvu
Jan 11 2014, 01:24 PM
SoapGal1
Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 02:15 PM
S loves EJ
Jan 10 2014, 01:17 PM
I think the hunt for pedofiles might has gone to far if not legal adults can have sex without it being questioned. The problem with pedofiles is bigger in US than in Sweden though. The legal system in Sweden is also very different in Sweden you are legal at 15 which might be to young but 18 sounds therefore also a bit high to me, especially if two people that are close in age were to have sex like a 17 year and a 20 year old. I doubt this conversation would even come up in Sweden.
The pedophilia comments are jokes. No one actually thinks there is pedophilia going on. Abby is of legal age. Age is not in question. Had they hooked her and EJ up when she first came on it would be fine but in an effort to make her Anastagail they missed their mark and not just the step which has given it a tone similar to pedophiles. EJ is in a position of power, Abby is not his contemporary even if they try to tell the audience she is a smart cookie. It's the same reason why people get worked up over professors sleeping with their students. It's not about age, it's about an abuse of power. For me height is not even an issue because Chad was the same height. However, the height difference has not been managed well and only adds to an overall vibe that has been there. The head kiss, the remote cabin in the woods, her being way down on the pillow, shhh told tell anyone, having her keep telling me she's a woman, her history with Austin, etc etc. I guess her thing about Austin could be about pursuing unavailable men but that wasn't the feel I got from it. Abby feels abandoned by her father. It's not just one thing.

Personally, I shipped Melanie/Brady and Melanie/Phillip for the hot minute before she turned into a three year old. I ship Sookie and Bill---there's a 100 year age difference.

One of my favorite movies, Thorn Birds is super skeevey but I still loved the hell out of Father Ralph and Meg. Then there is LOST. I thought Kate and Sawyer were really hot together but her daddy issues really turned me off to them. Even though they were contemporaries and there wasn't any real age difference and I think he used to call her "kid" all the time.
This is me exactly.

I Didnt hate the scenes, & I don't think their ages are that important. What is important is they aren't equals, they aren't contemporaries. He's a man who has been married multiple times, has children, runs a company, has done many nefarious things. Abby is a young woman with not many life experiences, not many sexual partners & just finished college. She's naive & he's worldly.

The scenes weren't t all bad but they were definitely awkward in alot of places, IMO. Part of it was blocking, part of it was poor choices, and part of it was because he's so much taller & looks so much older than her.

Chad, while the height difference did make some scenes look odd, wasnt awkward/weird to me because the were equals in almost every other way.

And the jokes about Father Figure & Abby on a box are going NO WHERE as far as I'm concerned. It's funny & somewhat warranted. This board has a ton of funny, snarky posters who make fun of every character (including their favorites). It's one of my most favorite things about here.
Chad is the younger, thinner version of EJ that EJ was when he came to Salem. He doesn't have all the life experiences that EJ has. Casey doesn't have the mature look that some people his age have.

But even when EJ came to town, he was a man of the world...he had his Brazilian lover that he tangoed with naked, his Oxford education, he hung out with Prince William at Eton and since then he has matured even more. James has too both physically and in his acting skills.

Abby has seen the world, but you would never know it by the way they have written her this time around. Kate has that awesome petite dancer's body that makes her look young for her age as well.

In a perfect world, Kate would have been playing a sorased Abby when EJ came to town and given Sami a run for her money. But that's not where we're at right now.
But the fact that Abby is a bit sheltered is something that intrigues me. IMO it doesn't hurt the story.

But even in that innocence, what's interesting is Abby is smart, clever and can certainly hold a conversation. That probably intrigues EJ as well, in fact he said as much so.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
This is the only reason I come here...
Offline Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

six
Jan 11 2014, 01:55 PM
SoapGal1
I'm totally thinking of bringing back my TeamSnarkDR banner.

It's time to bring back the funny.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

SoapGal1
Jan 11 2014, 01:58 PM
six
SoapGal1

That banner needs an update. Most of us have different faces now.
Online Profile Goto Top

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 11 2014, 01:59 PM
SoapGal1
Jan 11 2014, 01:58 PM
six
SoapGal1

That banner needs an update. Most of us have different faces now.
That sounds like a job for sixxers!!

Meanwhile, I still look the same.

Gorgeous.
Offline Profile Goto Top

CodeBlazeNuke
Member Avatar

okay to me when Guy's Will was talking to EJ it seem like Lucas Will and less Sami Will.
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Brewster
Jan 9 2014, 10:23 AM
Abigail could wear heels to reach Father Lover too I guess. Super sparkly pink plastic ones that go click click with every step. It would be adorbs.

Maybe they could light up or have roller skates hidden within.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic