Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 9 2014, 01:02 AM (18,917 Views)
Carly
Member Avatar

I like the Danicole interactions, but I kind of hope their friendship doesn't turn romantic. I feel like Danicole is one of the few friendships left on DAYS. Nowadays, all the characters are either relatives or love interests (or relatives who are also love interests!), but there are very few actual friendships left on DAYS. So, I really like how Danicole support each other and have each other's backs.

Meanwhile, did Jen seriously say that she's proud of Abigail for getting a full-time job at the hospital?! Abigail got that job through sheer nepotism! It's hardly something to be proud of. But I did think it was funny how Daniel desperately tried to get away from Jennifer at the hospital while she pathetically kept thinking of reasons to keep him talking to her.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Renaissance Girl
Jan 9 2014, 10:52 PM
I was thinking about Nick's murder in the last couple of days and I actually had an idea for a storyline. It may sound kind of stupid but here it goes: assuming that Jessica (Nick's mother) may have found out that her son has died, what if she was so wrought with grief that she has some sort of mental break and she reverts back to her alter ego Angelique. She then succumbs to her dark side and comes back to Salem looking for revenge and Kate, Gabi and Sami end up being on her hit list. So yeah she goes coo coo for coco puffs and she wants to murder anyone that had a hand in her son's death.
That's a good idea actually. But since they've mentioned Nicks mother very little (only when he was paroled) I doubt they would go this route. Jessica's time on the show was actually BEFORE I began watching in 1988. So there are many fans out there that don't know all that history and the exposition would be difficult to get around it.

Personally I'm still believing Nick to be alive. That may be denial, but his "death" was so typical of soaps it's like the writers got it out of Soap Writing 101. And the head wound can take it into amnesia territory, another soap staple.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jan 9 2014, 10:01 PM
mer4santo
Jan 9 2014, 07:48 PM
He probably likes a sweet, fresh hooch which hasn't been around Salem a couple of times.
In a realistic vein,if a thirty something male was given the choice of Sami or Abby,I think most would choose Abby when there is a side by side comparison in the categories of intelligence,looks,and lately hair/wardrobe.This is especially true of EJ when given the choice of denying access and mountain of baggage and someone looking at him as if she wants to throw him on the floor and go for it and having less baggage.
You are a master of the understatement.Sami's hooch has logged more laps around Salem than a driver on a NASCAR track.
Yeah, in a realistic vein, most men DESIRE young women and that is unfortunately the standard that every woman over 30 is expected to live up to. Whether those same men want to make the pretty young things a life partner is many times a different story.

And yes, there are always young 20 somethings waiting to take the place of those used up and washed out 30 year olds in a man's life.

:drunk:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

nickyj12345
Jan 9 2014, 11:01 PM
Some brief thoughts probably no one is going to read because we are like 500 pages in to today's ep thread:

- I know what it's like to a hardcore shipper (I'd sell my mother to have John and Marlena in a compelling, age-appropriate, romantic storyline), but some of you all are taking this Ejami/Ejabby thing wa-hay too seriously.

- I can't deal with how attractive James Scott is. I watched pretty hardcore a year or so but fell off a couple of months ago. At no one point during my everyday watching did it ever occur to me how hot he is. He was just prickly, evil EJ, who done did my John Black wrong. Get him with Abigail, and hoooo-weee, his sexiness comes out in spades. And that dark suit he was rocking? Wow.

- JAMES SCOTT IS A GOOD ACTOR! Like seriously! (Who knew?) He was so jittery and frustrated. I totally bought it.

- Greg Vaughan. The way he was rocking that outfit today with those tight pants. Jesus. And he priestly-omniscient-stare in to your soul-cum-eyesex thing he does is too much.

- I'm totally digging Danicole. AZ and SC have a good rapport. They are very cute (and if they are dating in real life, then YAY!)

I don't think anything else happened on today's episode except GV's tight pants and JS' suit.

-
NickyJ, dare I say welcome back to regular viewership because EJ is only going to get sexier.Days has become so much better with great storylines for more than one or two characters.I think the show is really good now with something for everyone.I am just going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

elci525
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jan 9 2014, 11:26 PM
BeeBee
mer4santo
He probably likes a sweet, fresh hooch which hasn't been around Salem a couple of times.
In a realistic vein,if a thirty something male was given the choice of Sami or Abby,I think most would choose Abby when there is a side by side comparison in the categories of intelligence,looks,and lately hair/wardrobe.This is especially true of EJ when given the choice of denying access and mountain of baggage and someone looking at him as if she wants to throw him on the floor and go for it and having less baggage.
You are a master of the understatement.Sami's hooch has logged more laps around Salem than a driver on a NASCAR track.
Yeah, in a realistic vein, most men DESIRE young women and that is unfortunately the standard that every woman over 30 is expected to live up to. Whether those same men want to make the pretty young things a life partner is many times a different story.

And yes, there are always young 20 somethings waiting to take the place of those used up and washed out 30 year olds in a man's life.

washed out 30 year olds, you say?

I should just call it a day now, I guess. :drunk:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Carly
Jan 9 2014, 11:24 PM
I like the Danicole interactions, but I kind of hope their friendship doesn't turn romantic. I feel like Danicole is one of the few friendships left on DAYS. Nowadays, all the characters are either relatives or love interests (or relatives who are also love interests!), but there are very few actual friendships left on DAYS. So, I really like how Danicole support each other and have each other's backs.

Meanwhile, did Jen seriously say that she's proud of Abigail for getting a full-time job at the hospital?! Abigail got that job through sheer nepotism! It's hardly something to be proud of. But I did think it was funny how Daniel desperately tried to get away from Jennifer at the hospital while she pathetically kept thinking of reasons to keep him talking to her.
Based on the hugging scene between Daniel and Nicole and the way Daniel seemed to get away from Jennifer,I think they are going with a Daniel/Nicole/Eric triangle.
Maybe the handwriting is on the wall for the death of Fetch.I certainly hope so.Daniel and Jennifer are better characters away from each other as romantic partners.
I think Nicole and Rafe are still friends and Brady and Nicole are still friends with no sexual overtones.Hope and Rafe are friends.Daniel is friends with Brady and Eric .It interesting that EJ and Sami seem to be the only characters without a friend.Even Rafe and Lucas were friendly today.

phloe3

totally agree Bee. Today, totally looked like they are heading in a Nicole, Eric, and Daniel triangle. The writers are still writing Jennifer and Daniel too

BeeBee
Member Avatar

mer4santo
BeeBee
mer4santo

Youth was only one factor in my comparison.I also listed intelligence and baggage.I don't think youth is the only factor when a man is in his thirties.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

salem_viewer
Jan 9 2014, 09:57 PM
Halloween Family
Jan 9 2014, 09:48 PM
Can someone tell me if Abby is on the Pill?
Shouldn't a smart, college educated girl who chooses to be sexually active, and be ready at a moments notice want to protect herself. Good grief.. with all these sex conversations she have with her mother, someone should explain she needs to be prepared. maybe knowledge of the morning after pill would be helpful.
I agree, this annoys me to no end. I can't see EJ carrying a condom in his wallet. We know EJ doesn't believe in birth control and he's not afraid of an STD because he has Phoenix blood. I'm fully expecting Ej to be blindsided by a pregnancy because he tends to lose his ability to count afterwards.

Renaissance Girl

Tripp
Jan 9 2014, 11:24 PM
Renaissance Girl
Jan 9 2014, 10:52 PM
I was thinking about Nick's murder in the last couple of days and I actually had an idea for a storyline. It may sound kind of stupid but here it goes: assuming that Jessica (Nick's mother) may have found out that her son has died, what if she was so wrought with grief that she has some sort of mental break and she reverts back to her alter ego Angelique. She then succumbs to her dark side and comes back to Salem looking for revenge and Kate, Gabi and Sami end up being on her hit list. So yeah she goes coo coo for coco puffs and she wants to murder anyone that had a hand in her son's death.
That's a good idea actually. But since they've mentioned Nicks mother very little (only when he was paroled) I doubt they would go this route. Jessica's time on the show was actually BEFORE I began watching in 1988. So there are many fans out there that don't know all that history and the exposition would be difficult to get around it.

Personally I'm still believing Nick to be alive. That may be denial, but his "death" was so typical of soaps it's like the writers got it out of Soap Writing 101. And the head wound can take it into amnesia territory, another soap staple.
Yeah I do agree that is true. There has to be a bunch of fans that have not been around during that time period, including myself. And yes it may be difficult to do so, but considering how they brought back Kristen after so many years, and also considering Salem's track record with the most amount of people brought back to life, Stefano included, I wouldn't be surprised if they do go this route and it is not entirely impossible. I'm not saying that Jessica is dead, but they do tend to bring back characters into the canvas once every blue moon. And I know that they may never implement this into the show, which is why I intend to use this storyline as my own and I might end up writing a story along this vein.

And yeah, there might be a possibility that Nick is still alive and it is an intriguing idea indeed if it turns out that he's living somewhere else under a new name. Maybe with these circumstances Nick can become a changed man. I mean, why not?

Oh yeah, and I was gonna say too that it's so funny and ironic how Hope was a spoiled brat when she was little and now Ciara is becoming a spoiled brat herself. I can definitely see her picking on Arianna, Ally, Johnny and the other kids somewhere down the road. Possibly become a supervillainess herself.

And it's okay too if you're not familiar with Jessica and her stint on the show. It's always fun to look back through the history and read up on all of the past storylines of lore. That might even help generate some new ideas too.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jan 9 2014, 11:55 PM
mer4santo
BeeBee
mer4santo

Youth was only one factor in my comparison.I also listed intelligence and baggage.I don't think youth is the only factor when a man is in his thirties.
Yes, those things too.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

BeeBee
mer4santo
Good thing EJ knows how to corner cars.

But seriously, Abby was like a formula one race car, she went from scaredy cat to horny alley cat in 2 mins flat.
Edited by Halloween Family, Jan 10 2014, 12:12 AM.

AmbernOK
Member Avatar

phloe3
Jan 9 2014, 11:52 PM
totally agree Bee. Today, totally looked like they are heading in a Nicole, Eric, and Daniel triangle. The writers are still writing Jennifer and Daniel too
Based on the spoilers: That's not what they are heading to. Nicole and Eric have supercouple power. Daniel and Nicole don't strike me as that! And we have already been there, done that recently! I wish they would bring back Chloe for Daniel. Here's a thought: Who does Nicole love???? I still think Eric telling her he loves her is the game changer and pretty much it's a sealed deal when she tells him she's not with Daniel.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jan 9 2014, 11:55 PM
mer4santo
BeeBee
mer4santo

Half her baggage is his baggage too.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

So I take it that there has been no mention of Abby being on the Pill or some for of contraception then. I'm going to prepared myself for lots of scenes of her acting like her Dimera spawn will gnaw threw her uterus and choke her with its umbilical cord then. #BuckleUpBaby!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 12:14 AM
So I take it that there has been no mention of Abby being on the Pill or some for of contraception then. I'm going to prepared myself for lots of scenes of her acting like her Dimera spawn will gnaw threw her uterus and choke her with its umbilical cord then. #BuckleUpBaby!
Honestly, the only thing that keep me from thinking a pregnant Abby is going to interrupt a May Ejami wedding is that is what EVERYBODY is predicting. It's like beyond obvious. Plus, I'm not sure how much story there is in EJ having yet another little kid with somebody from a decent family. Been there, done that.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2014, 12:18 AM
Halloween Family
Honestly, the only thing that keep me from thinking a pregnant Abby is going to interrupt a May Ejami wedding is that is what EVERYBODY is predicting. It's like beyond obvious. Plus, I'm not sure how much story there is in EJ having yet another little kid with somebody from a decent family. Been there, done that.
They might decide to do an abortion and EJ will have the honors of killing her. A wedding then a funeral.
Edited by Halloween Family, Jan 10 2014, 12:23 AM.

JillianJ

tomsawyer
Jan 10 2014, 12:18 AM
Halloween Family
Besides which, Rafe is otherwise occupied.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Maybe she will think about aborting it. And Sami will give her the card to the clinic she went to discuss having her dimera spawn aborted. Only one woman has ever wanted a kid with EJ.

I'd rather Sami walk in on Ejabby on their wedding day on a conference table. Or on the roof Caustin style.
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 10 2014, 12:26 AM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jan 10 2014, 12:25 AM
Halloween Family
Maybe she will think about aborting it. And Sami will give her the card to the clinic she went to discuss having her dimera spawn aborted. Only one woman has ever wanted a kid with EJ.

I'd rather Sami walk in on Ejabby on their wedding day on a conference table. Or on the roof Caustin style.
Refresh my memory. Did Sami go to an abortion clinic? I don't remember her discussing it as an option. I seem to remember Lucas seeing something and jumped to a conclusion.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply