Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 9 2014, 01:02 AM (18,945 Views)
Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Snowing Fan
Jan 9 2014, 11:14 PM
Like Jennifer would be able to throw stones about sleeping with a Dimera,hello,she married Peter DIMERA,how fast she forgets.
Well, actually, she married Peter Blake. Peter never once went by the name DiMera and Kristen only used the name DiMera after she married Tony (who then turned out to be Andre, but that clusterfuck STILL confuses me). DiMera is actually Kristen's married name.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 12:28 AM
Aliaron
Jan 10 2014, 12:25 AM
Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 12:14 AM
So I take it that there has been no mention of Abby being on the Pill or some for of contraception then. I'm going to prepared myself for lots of scenes of her acting like her Dimera spawn will gnaw threw her uterus and choke her with its umbilical cord then. #BuckleUpBaby!
Maybe she will think about aborting it. And Sami will give her the card to the clinic she went to discuss having her dimera spawn aborted. Only one woman has ever wanted a kid with EJ.

I'd rather Sami walk in on Ejabby on their wedding day on a conference table. Or on the roof Caustin style.
Refresh my memory. Did Sami go to an abortion clinic? I don't remember her discussing it as an option. I seem to remember Lucas seeing something and jumped to a conclusion.
It was an abortion clinic, but they didn't just do abortions.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 9 2014, 09:48 PM
Can someone tell me if Abby is on the Pill?
Hell no!!

You know Lil SpoogeJ is percolating as I type.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

SoapGal1
Jan 10 2014, 01:10 AM
Halloween Family
Hell no!!

And now I have the old Maxwell House jingle bouncing around in my head...

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 9 2014, 11:57 PM
salem_viewer
Jan 9 2014, 09:57 PM
Halloween Family
Shouldn't a smart, college educated girl who chooses to be sexually active, and be ready at a moments notice want to protect herself. Good grief.. with all these sex conversations she have with her mother, someone should explain she needs to be prepared. maybe knowledge of the morning after pill would be helpful.
I agree, this annoys me to no end. I can't see EJ carrying a condom in his wallet. We know EJ doesn't believe in birth control and he's not afraid of an STD because he has Phoenix blood. I'm fully expecting Ej to be blindsided by a pregnancy because he tends to lose his ability to count afterwards.
I hope the writers meet your expectation.EJ ought to be used to being blindsided.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 10 2014, 12:36 AM
Halloween Family
Aliaron
Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 12:14 AM
So I take it that there has been no mention of Abby being on the Pill or some for of contraception then. I'm going to prepared myself for lots of scenes of her acting like her Dimera spawn will gnaw threw her uterus and choke her with its umbilical cord then. #BuckleUpBaby!
Maybe she will think about aborting it. And Sami will give her the card to the clinic she went to discuss having her dimera spawn aborted. Only one woman has ever wanted a kid with EJ.

I'd rather Sami walk in on Ejabby on their wedding day on a conference table. Or on the roof Caustin style.
Refresh my memory. Did Sami go to an abortion clinic? I don't remember her discussing it as an option. I seem to remember Lucas seeing something and jumped to a conclusion.
Planned Parenthood?

I don't remember the details, I remember it as Lucas seeing the phone book open to ABORTION when she was really looking for ATTORNEY. something like that.
Quote:

I hope the writers meet your expectation.EJ ought to be used to being blindsided.
There's really no stopping this train, it might as well go full throttle.
Edited by Halloween Family, Jan 10 2014, 01:59 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 01:58 AM
lysie
Halloween Family
Aliaron

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Planned Parenthood?

I don't remember the details, I remember it as Lucas seeing the phone book open to ABORTION when she was really looking for ATTORNEY. something like that.
Probably something similar.

No, she was at the clinic when he found her. Like...sitting on the table or whatever. She was just there for a reason other than what he thought. Because once he got there, he still thought that's what she was doing.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 10 2014, 02:01 AM
Halloween Family
lysie
Halloween Family

Planned Parenthood?

No, she was at the clinic when he found her. Like...sitting on the table or whatever. She was just there for a reason other than what he thought. Because once he got there, he still thought that's what she was doing.
THat's not when she fainted? Then later EJ came by and she made fun of him by panting like a dog.
Quote:

Good till the last drop!

Funny, he never asks for a second cup at home.
Edited by Halloween Family, Jan 10 2014, 02:09 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 02:06 AM
lysie
Halloween Family
lysie

Planned Parenthood?

THat's not when she fainted? Then later EJ came by and she made fun of him by panting like a dog.
Idk. I remember that, too, but not the context. I know that what I remember happened. However, I can 100% verify that it happened to Sami on Days, lol. But I'm pretty sure.

S loves EJ

Iīm not convinced that Abby will get pregnant, not if they planning on waiting to put Ejabby together again until this summer. They canīt have a hot affair if she is 7 months pregnant.

S loves EJ

Halloween Family
salem_viewer
Halloween Family
Shouldn't a smart, college educated girl who chooses to be sexually active, and be ready at a moments notice want to protect herself. Good grief.. with all these sex conversations she have with her mother, someone should explain she needs to be prepared. maybe knowledge of the morning after pill would be helpful.
I agree, this annoys me to no end. I can't see EJ carrying a condom in his wallet. We know EJ doesn't believe in birth control and he's not afraid of an STD because he has Phoenix blood. I'm fully expecting Ej to be blindsided by a pregnancy because he tends to lose his ability to count afterwards.

If EJ is bad at counting maybe she can say the kid is Chadīs.

If they are going with a pregnacy storyline they should have Chad come back and get back together with Abby and to let him think the child is his.

S loves EJ

PALMommy
Jan 9 2014, 10:41 PM
Halloween Family
Jan 9 2014, 04:59 PM
concerned
Jan 9 2014, 04:55 PM
tomsawyer
Jan 9 2014, 01:01 PM
LOL, just to keep up the #TeamAwkward vibe, Abby dreams that her MOMMY walks in on her and EJ. Not a boyfriend or husband, but her MOMMY.
To be fair - dreaming of a non existent boyfriend or husband would be a bit odd.

But dreaming of her dead father would have been epic.
#MissedOpportunities

I'm just pissed no one said "EJ must have pulled out the big gun(s)."
Hey, there's still time tomorrow. . . don't despair! Bwahahaha

Kate said - was it so hard that was just as good. :blulaugh: B-) :$

nananana7

Supergirlx2
Jan 10 2014, 02:04 AM

Thanks for posting this!
And there it is: Dr. Jakub Chyka.

Why does the name "Paige Ryerson" sound familiar to me?
Maybe it's just a soap opera-ish name.
Edited by nananana7, Jan 10 2014, 05:20 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Jan 10 2014, 02:06 AM
lysie
Halloween Family
(time=1337139)
lysie

Planned Parenthood?

Quote:

Good till the last drop!

Funny, he never asks for a second cup at home.
When Sami faint lucas find her and took to hospital and than she find she is pregnant than ej came later and there she did the dog stuff.after few week pretty much sayin she does not what to she had fight with lucas that told she can not hide it and Lucas came back to Sami he find she gone and she mark on clinic that specialize in abortions and otherstuff

thepadange

Supergirlx2
Jan 10 2014, 02:04 AM
Interesting date, where is the day?

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jan 10 2014, 04:35 AM
Halloween Family
salem_viewer
Halloween Family

If EJ is bad at counting maybe she can say the kid is Chadīs.

If they are going with a pregnacy storyline they should have Chad come back and get back together with Abby and to let him think the child is his.
It might be good to:
Blindside EJ, but he has his new shiny toy..
Abby can proudly walk around Salem, sporting her new baby bump, realize though as the cheater to expect to be cheated on.
and Sami could meet a new love, she has some new job skills, maybe a nice story of her reinventing herself...away from the Dimera mausoleum. She maybe the one coming out of this, smelling like a rose after sometime.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

phloe3
Jan 9 2014, 11:52 PM
totally agree Bee. Today, totally looked like they are heading in a Nicole, Eric, and Daniel triangle. The writers are still writing Jennifer and Daniel too
Throw in Liam and you got yourself a bonafide Love Pentagon. :drunk:

nananana7

My personal opinion/reflection on the Abby/EJ scenes from the past week:

I have never liked the character of EJ. At all. I loathe him.

I tried to like him this past week, but I still didn't like him.

As I posted fourteen months ago -- i would support Abby + EJ -- only if Abby gets to be in charge.

I viewed the events at the cabin through the lens of my own wishes. I saw it as Abby being a woman having sexual desire for a man, and enjoying herself, in an empowering way.

I viewed Abby as desiring some guy with a bad reputation but ... I don't want to believe she knows about his past crimes.

Unfortunately, I don't trust the writers -- and I think they will make this all about EJ.

I have not forgiven the rapes, kidney-stealing, and other crimes of EJ's past. And I cannot forgive his misogynistic attitudes.

If writers end up portraying Abby as worshiping at the altar of EJ, then I will vomit.

If she gets pregnant, I ... just can't watch such a storyline. WTF century is this?

What I would like to see:
I'd like Abby to remain smart, strong, and savvy.
I'm happy if she has some wild fun passion as a diversion.
And then, I'd like her to stand strong and move on to other loves.

I want her to remember her hot fun roll in the hay, but at the same time reject having an ongoing affair with EJ. I want her choice to be because it.s her CHOICE, and not some guilt thing.

And ... I still want her primary focus to be a career.
I'd like to see her as a MODERN young woman with some feminist ideals.

But I don't trust the writers. I'm afraid they'll mess this up. I just don't want to see any more plots that patronize women. I'm tired of misogyny.

So I've decided that I enjoyed a few scenes this week and will pretend the scenes meant what I *wish* they meant.

But I cannot watch the show if they continue to glamorize EJ's power-trips. I cannot watch until his crimes are dealt with. The writers won't call him a rapist. The writers won't call him a kidney-stealer. They just write him as a "sexy bad man".

NO. I'm not going to accept that.

I've watched the soaps on and off for 40 years, and then I walk away disgusted and frustrated, and then come back a few years later.

But now I'm done. My frustration at misogyny is larger than any enjoyment I get. It's not entertaining for me to watch the soaps or discuss the soaps anymore. I'm done with soap operas.

A real sincere thanks to everyone here at DR for being friendly and fun. I wish you all well.

I just gotta do what's right for me. Logging off.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jan 10 2014, 08:52 AM
My personal opinion/reflection on the Abby/EJ scenes from the past week:

I have never liked the character of EJ. At all. I loathe him.

I tried to like him this past week, but I still didn't like him.

As I posted fourteen months ago -- i would support Abby + EJ -- only if Abby gets to be in charge.

I viewed the events at the cabin through the lens of my own wishes. I saw it as Abby being a woman having sexual desire for a man, and enjoying herself, in an empowering way.

I viewed Abby as desiring some guy with a bad reputation but ... I don't want to believe she knows about his past crimes.

Unfortunately, I don't trust the writers -- and I think they will make this all about EJ.

I have not forgiven the rapes, kidney-stealing, and other crimes of EJ's past. And I cannot forgive his misogynistic attitudes.

If writers end up portraying Abby as worshiping at the altar of EJ, then I will vomit.

If she gets pregnant, I ... just can't watch such a storyline. WTF century is this?

What I would like to see:
I'd like Abby to remain smart, strong, and savvy.
I'm happy if she has some wild fun passion as a diversion.
And then, I'd like her to stand strong and move on to other loves.

I want her to remember her hot fun roll in the hay, but at the same time reject having an ongoing affair with EJ. I want her choice to be because it.s her CHOICE, and not some guilt thing.

And ... I still want her primary focus to be a career.
I'd like to see her as a MODERN young woman with some feminist ideals.

But I don't trust the writers. I'm afraid they'll mess this up. I just don't want to see any more plots that patronize women. I'm tired of misogyny.

So I've decided that I enjoyed a few scenes this week and will pretend the scenes meant what I *wish* they meant.

But I cannot watch the show if they continue to glamorize EJ's power-trips. I cannot watch until his crimes are dealt with. The writers won't call him a rapist. The writers won't call him a kidney-stealer. They just write him as a "sexy bad man".

NO. I'm not going to accept that.

I've watched the soaps on and off for 40 years, and then I walk away disgusted and frustrated, and then come back a few years later.

But now I'm done. My frustration at misogyny is larger than any enjoyment I get. It's not entertaining for me to watch the soaps or discuss the soaps anymore. I'm done with soap operas.

A real sincere thanks to everyone here at DR for being friendly and fun. I wish you all well.

I just gotta do what's right for me. Logging off.
This whole storyline is very misogynist, both women should dump him, he can be alone with Stephano.
Edited by salem_viewer, Jan 10 2014, 09:01 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply