Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 9th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 9 2014, 01:02 AM (18,914 Views)
Kimba73
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jan 9 2014, 09:37 PM
Kimba73
Jan 9 2014, 03:47 PM
I'm a new member/poster, but long time reader. I have to say, all of the comments on this board get me so excited to go home and watch the episodes!

All I can say is "Bring on the EJabby flashbacks!!" Loving this story and all the discussion, positive & negative, it has created!
Welcome.The more the merrier.Just as a matter of curiosity,if you don't mind me asking,what prompted you to join at this particular time? If not appropriate,I have no problem with a deletion or not getting an answer because it is kind of nosy.
Mostly because I've been too lazy to sign up before now, LOL. It was kind of my resolution to finally bite the bullet. Of course the show is really good now too, which has me glued to the board to see everyone else's reactions! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jan 10 2014, 08:52 AM
My personal opinion/reflection on the Abby/EJ scenes from the past week:

I have never liked the character of EJ. At all. I loathe him.

I tried to like him this past week, but I still didn't like him.

As I posted fourteen months ago -- i would support Abby + EJ -- only if Abby gets to be in charge.

I viewed the events at the cabin through the lens of my own wishes. I saw it as Abby being a woman having sexual desire for a man, and enjoying herself, in an empowering way.

I viewed Abby as desiring some guy with a bad reputation but ... I don't want to believe she knows about his past crimes.

Unfortunately, I don't trust the writers -- and I think they will make this all about EJ.

I have not forgiven the rapes, kidney-stealing, and other crimes of EJ's past. And I cannot forgive his misogynistic attitudes.

If writers end up portraying Abby as worshiping at the altar of EJ, then I will vomit.

If she gets pregnant, I ... just can't watch such a storyline. WTF century is this?

What I would like to see:
I'd like Abby to remain smart, strong, and savvy.
I'm happy if she has some wild fun passion as a diversion.
And then, I'd like her to stand strong and move on to other loves.

I want her to remember her hot fun roll in the hay, but at the same time reject having an ongoing affair with EJ. I want her choice to be because it.s her CHOICE, and not some guilt thing.

And ... I still want her primary focus to be a career.
I'd like to see her as a MODERN young woman with some feminist ideals.

But I don't trust the writers. I'm afraid they'll mess this up. I just don't want to see any more plots that patronize women. I'm tired of misogyny.

So I've decided that I enjoyed a few scenes this week and will pretend the scenes meant what I *wish* they meant.

But I cannot watch the show if they continue to glamorize EJ's power-trips. I cannot watch until his crimes are dealt with. The writers won't call him a rapist. The writers won't call him a kidney-stealer. They just write him as a "sexy bad man".

NO. I'm not going to accept that.

I've watched the soaps on and off for 40 years, and then I walk away disgusted and frustrated, and then come back a few years later.

But now I'm done. My frustration at misogyny is larger than any enjoyment I get. It's not entertaining for me to watch the soaps or discuss the soaps anymore. I'm done with soap operas.

A real sincere thanks to everyone here at DR for being friendly and fun. I wish you all well.

I just gotta do what's right for me. Logging off.
I wish Abby will pull herself together and act like a sexually liberated young woman. What happened to her saying to EJ, she was a mature woman and what happened was her choice. It would be nice, if Abby's reaction to what happened is that it was fun but it's not happening again. I don't want her sharing awkward glances with EJ, or having a conversation with her mom about what happened or agonizing over this at all. I want to see her having a conversation with her friend Meghan about having this wild encounter with an older man and then moving on.

Unfortunately, the writers' definition of a feminist is Abby saying dumb shit like: "I'm through with men." Then in few weeks seducing an older man, then in the same day going back to her whinny-virginity obsessed self.

If they thought women should have careers beyond obsessing over men, they would have all of Kate's stories centered on her ruthlessness in business and bringing down competitors, instead of her obsessing over Salem's dullest man.

BTW, what's the story about the kidney stealing? Why did EJ steal John's kidney?

S loves EJ

Stefano needed a kidney.

Kaha
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jan 10 2014, 09:38 AM
Stefano needed a kidney.
And John happened to be a match. How convenient. That's despicable. Demiras seem to get away with even federal crimes.

It's really crazy that they put EJ and Sami together after all the history of his crimes against her and her family.
Edited by Kaha, Jan 10 2014, 09:42 AM.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

nananana7

As I posted fourteen months ago -- i would support Abby + EJ -- only if Abby gets to be in charge.

I viewed the events at the cabin through the lens of my own wishes. I saw it as Abby being a woman having sexual desire for a man, and enjoying herself, in an empowering way.

I viewed Abby as desiring some guy with a bad reputation but ... I don't want to believe she knows about his past crimes.

Unfortunately, I don't trust the writers -- and I think they will make this all about EJ.

I have not forgiven the rapes, kidney-stealing, and other crimes of EJ's past. And I cannot forgive his misogynistic attitudes.

If writers end up portraying Abby as worshiping at the altar of EJ, then I will vomit.

If she gets pregnant, I ... just can't watch such a storyline. WTF century is this?

I want her to remember her hot fun roll in the hay, but at the same time reject having an ongoing affair with EJ. I want her choice to be because it.s her CHOICE, and not some guilt thing.

But I don't trust the writers. I'm afraid they'll mess this up. I just don't want to see any more plots that patronize women. I'm tired of misogyny.

So I've decided that I enjoyed a few scenes this week and will pretend the scenes meant what I *wish* they meant.

But I cannot watch the show if they continue to glamorize EJ's power-trips. I cannot watch until his crimes are dealt with. The writers won't call him a rapist. The writers won't call him a kidney-stealer. They just write him as a "sexy bad man".

I've watched the soaps on and off for 40 years, and then I walk away disgusted and frustrated, and then come back a few years later.

But now I'm done. My frustration at misogyny is larger than any enjoyment I get. It's not entertaining for me to watch the soaps or discuss the soaps anymore. I'm done with soap operas.

A real sincere thanks to everyone here at DR for being friendly and fun. I wish you all well.

I have to imagine the reason why Abby looked so scared in the beginning was because she knows about his past, she should be scared to be alone in the woods with a rapist. Then she looked like Ej murdered Hope and Ciara. I'm thinking she's trying to sort out reality from legend and is on a bit of a power trip figuring out big bad EJ. So you kinda have what you wanted maybe not exactly in the right package.

S loves EJ

She did act a bit scared when EJ first showed up which I thought was weird since they been having friendly conversations about Jack before that where she has been perfectly comfortable with him. It was also weird since the writers was gonna let them have sex together. She should have just been suprised that he showed up there.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

S loves EJ
Jan 10 2014, 10:55 AM
She did act a bit scared when EJ first showed up which I thought was weird since they been having friendly conversations about Jack before that where she has been perfectly comfortable with him. It was also weird since the writers was gonna let them have sex together. She should have just been suprised that he showed up there.
I don't know, I can see her concern on that. While she and EJ had been acting friendly together, they weren't friends. She doesn't know him that well and she knew damn sure there would be NO REASON for him to come to the island (unless he said he was there to speak to Hope which would have been weird too). Since the island is so remote with no cell service (for her), her first actions would be a little guarded.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

nananana7

New name for EJ: Kidneej-stealer? Maybe, maybe not.

I think unfortunately the whole story won't even be about EJ - it'll wind up being about Sami. :soapbox: Oh and I'm all for Abby steering the "ship" so to speak!

BTW, great post!
Edited by PALMommy, Jan 10 2014, 11:18 AM.

S loves EJ

Tripp
Jan 10 2014, 11:00 AM
S loves EJ
I don't know, I can see her concern on that. While she and EJ had been acting friendly together, they weren't friends. She doesn't know him that well and she knew damn sure there would be NO REASON for him to come to the island (unless he said he was there to speak to Hope which would have been weird too). Since the island is so remote with no cell service (for her), her first actions would be a little guarded.

I could buy that except she let her guard down to quickly. She still looked scared when EJ said it just you and me sweatheart but 5 min later she was having sex with him. She should have looked excited when he said that not that it ruined it from being hot once they got started but it was set up weird.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

S loves EJ
Jan 10 2014, 11:17 AM
Tripp
Jan 10 2014, 11:00 AM
S loves EJ

I could buy that except she let her guard down to quickly. She still looked scared when EJ said it just you and me sweatheart but 5 min later she was having sex with him. She should have looked excited when he said that not that it ruined it from being hot once they got started but it was set up weird.
She let her guard down when she began getting the upper hand with EJ. When he started sputtering and she surprised him pointing out his tells, she got over confident. Then she accidentally let the cat out the bag when she admitted she had attraction to him too.

I thought that whole execution was well done.

JoeBucs32

Kaha
Jan 10 2014, 09:41 AM
S loves EJ
Stefano needed a kidney.
And John happened to be a match. How convenient. That's despicable. Demiras seem to get away with even federal crimes.

It's really crazy that they put EJ and Sami together after all the history of his crimes against her and her family.
John was a "match" because they used to be half-brothers. That changed early this week however with the rewrite of John's past.

TinaJagger11
Member Avatar

Stefano calling Dan a "Son of a bitch" cracked me up.... I miss the good lines from Steffy and his crew

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

JoeBucs32
Jan 10 2014, 12:32 PM
Kaha
S loves EJ
Stefano needed a kidney.

John was a "match" because they used to be half-brothers. That changed early this week however with the rewrite of John's past.
At that point in time, they weren't half brothers. That didn't come for another year.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

lysie
Jan 11 2014, 12:41 AM
JoeBucs32
Kaha
S loves EJ
Stefano needed a kidney.

At that point in time, they weren't half brothers. That didn't come for another year.
I thought John and Stefano were brothers?

lysie
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jan 11 2014, 12:19 PM
lysie
Jan 11 2014, 12:41 AM
JoeBucs32
Kaha

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I thought John and Stefano were brothers?
They weren't at that time. Like I said, that didn't come out for another year. At the point when EJ stole John's kidney, John and Tony were half brothers through Daphne. They wouldn't have looked to John to get a kidney because John had already proven years before through blood tests that he had no biological relationship with Stefano. A year after the kidney debacle, that changed. And now it has changed again.

elci525
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 11 2014, 12:39 AM
Is it just me, or wouldn't it be nice if one day Days used natualish-looking shots as the face photos for these cell phone close-ups? This one's not TOO BAD, I guess - Sami could be posing for a beautifully lit photograph in front of a white wall just cuz, but still....
Edited by elci525, Jan 11 2014, 03:24 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply