Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NBC Vacating Burbank; Article mentions that DOOL's new co-tenant will be IHeartRadio and others
Topic Started: Jan 10 2014, 01:43 AM (1,043 Views)
dooldooldool

I have often wondered if the aggressive taping schedule was partly due to potentially losing their space at the current studio. If they have 6 months worth of shows filmed in advance, it makes a move/change all that easier.

Article cites all the upcoming NBC departures, but doesn't say much about Corday/Sony/DOOL. Apparently IHeartRadio has already set up shop and other "media companies" are scoping out the place. Supposedly, DOOL is staying, though at one point in the article, DOOL gets lumped in with all the other NBC departures.

http://provideocoalition.com/pvcexclusive/story/the-demise-of-nbc-burbank/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Here's what the latest NABET bulletin from December says about NBC:

NBC News

The move from Burbank to Universal is going as planned. Our Transmission Department is almost fully operational and the NOC will be completed soon. The move for Access Hollywood has now been delayed until 2015.

Six of the Nabet Tonight Show staff members are taking buy-outs and the five remaining will be reassigned in early March 2014.

tylerbo20

Good I hope they move to a bigger studio so they can have more sets space

Hugo
Member Avatar

This makes me worried about the fate of the show...
Moving the sets to another location or operating in Burbank while everything else is gone will probably cost more money.
Plus they lost the money from SOAPnet, a few affiliates dropped the show or moved it to another timeslot, etc.
I know the ratings are better but I'm still worried. :(

tylerbo20

I'm positive a move to a bigger studio will be good for the shaw days dominates Burbank studio and the studio has lots of history there not sure they will move

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hugo
Jan 10 2014, 03:47 AM
Moving the sets to another location or operating in Burbank while everything else is gone will probably cost more money.
Plus they lost the money from SOAPnet, a few affiliates dropped the show or moved it to another timeslot, etc.
DAYS still has their international licensing (Australia, Europe, Canada, South Africa, New Zealand ect)....plus they are the most profitable soap on the web for downloads. Not only that but Corday Productions also makes a profit from Y&R since they are a part owner...who knows if they funnel some of that cash towards DAYS or not.

I really wonder what NBC will do....I can see them moving the show to Universal with the rest of the LA area produced NBC shows....at the same time...i would be sad to see the show leave the home they have been in since their inception.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 10 2014, 11:27 AM.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

IF the show moves, I hope they're able to build larger sets and/or bring back older sets we rarely see.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

Hugo
Jan 10 2014, 03:47 AM
I don't see NBC and/or Sony dropping Days of our Lives anytime soon.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply