Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com: Susan Seaforth Hayes Part of Days "Surprise Story"
Topic Started: Jan 12 2014, 03:14 AM (2,701 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

http://daysofourlives.about.com/b/2014/01/10/susan-seaforth-hayes-part-of-days-surprise-story.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Jan 12 2014, 03:14 AM
Phew, it's hard keeping big secrets, at least the "surprise" will be happening soon. :)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

I think we all have guessed what's gonna happen with this story with all the hints we've been given for months now but I'm still excited to watch it unfold. The writers were inspired to use Julie to "drive everyone insane". xD

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Should we even waste time pretending to speculate about what's going to happen? ;)

....Bueller?

That being said, I'm glad they're using Susan and giving Julie the Salem brain! I'm curious to see how she whips everyone into shape. I'm sure it'll be fabulous.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jan 12 2014, 06:00 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

"I'm part of a surprise story, where you think something has happened and then it hasn't." Nick is alive, and he's pretending to have amnesia? I still want him to abduct Gabi and baby Ari at the christening.

ShaneDOOLFan

Its pretty obvious that Nick is alive. Did TPTB really think fans would think he is dead? Especially since we have still been seeing him through flashbacks and fakeouts.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I gotta say for me it doesn't matter if its obvious that Nick is alive, lol. It isn't even an option for the character who are taking part in the murder cover up so it should still make for great TV. The only way to put a twist in this story would be for Nick to really be dead and for someone to find his body and I definitely don't want that to happen so I'm happy to watch it play out in the predictable way.

I cannot imagine this not being awesome and I reallllly hope that these Julie scenes are good stuff. I'm glad Julie will end up being right...I hope Nick comes back in a way that can save the character because he doesn't need to be tied to Gabi's exit and I don't want him to be alive just to go to jail after having a couple weeks of big scenes.

KAM

I guess the 'surprise' for me is that TPTB have done the best possible thing they could do for this already good story and put Julie in its forefront. Showing fans 11 episodes of Julie and giving SSH "some really nice stuff to play" is a fabulous idea.

For her fans who would like to see a very young Susan Seaforth, here's a link to a 1962 episode of Perry Mason. She is the sister in "The Case of the Stand-in Sister." Susan appears in snippets throughout the show, but you can get a first, good look at her from 4:38 to about 5:50.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/perry_mason/video/mapHOIkebn0duxsBII869RwDCWgBe3NT/the-case-of-the-stand-in-sister
Edited by KAM, Jan 12 2014, 05:32 PM.

tylerbo20

shes a great actress but shouldnt be used for just comedy she needs a good storyline bring back her son maybe?

Will&Sonny

I normally love Julie, but if this means more of her being Nick's cheerleader and continuing to support him over Will, I'm not the least bit interested in seeing it.

Despite my undying hopes to the contrary, it's been pretty obvious all along that Nick would probably end up returning from the dead -- most likely at the christening -- but as long as this ultimately ends with Nick getting his well-deserved comeuppance or dying for real, I'm fine with that. I hope that Blake Berris really is no longer taping at this point -- I'm more than ready for Nick to be gone for good. Even seeing him in flashbacks is too much for me -- while it's always fun to see him get his head bashed in, I'd prefer to not see him at all.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jan 12 2014, 07:29 PM
I normally love Julie, but if this means more of her being Nick's cheerleader and continuing to support him over Will, I'm not the least bit interested in seeing it.

Despite my undying hopes to the contrary, it's been pretty obvious all along that Nick would probably end up returning from the dead -- most likely at the christening -- but as long as this ultimately ends with Nick getting his well-deserved comeuppance or dying for real, I'm fine with that. I hope that Blake Berris really is no longer taping at this point -- I'm more than ready for Nick to be gone for good. Even seeing him in flashbacks is too much for me -- while it's always fun to see him get his head bashed in, I'd prefer to not see him at all.
It always bothered me that people who sided with Nick never apologized to Will, or acknowledged their mistake. Nick was a duplicitous homophobic nut job, but his homophobia was whitewashed. Gabi is the worst. She fully knew about his disgusting homophobia, but she slept with him after his "hate the sin, love the sinner" speech. It's as though that turned her on. When Will reminded her about what Nick said and did to him and Sonny, her reply was "he said he was sorry." I just can't without stuff. I am really disappointed in the show the way they sweep under the rug major social issues, like homophobia (Nick and T), domestic abuse (emotional and control like with Gabi and Nick), addiction (Theresa and Brady). I am sure I missing other issues but they really need to do better than this.

blueskies
Member Avatar

can't wait! love Julie :)

Will&Sonny

Kaha
Jan 12 2014, 07:56 PM
Will&Sonny
Jan 12 2014, 07:29 PM

It always bothered me that people who sided with Nick never apologized to Will, or acknowledged their mistake. Nick was a duplicitous homophobic nut job, but his homophobia was whitewashed. Gabi is the worst. She fully knew about his disgusting homophobia, but she slept with him after his "hate the sin, love the sinner" speech. It's as though that turned her on. When Will reminded her about what Nick said and did to him and Sonny, her reply was "he said he was sorry." I just can't without stuff. I am really disappointed in the show the way they sweep under the rug major social issues, like homophobia (Nick and T), domestic abuse (emotional and control like with Gabi and Nick), addiction (Theresa and Brady). I am sure I missing other issues but they really need to do better than this.
Yeah, I've always said that Gabi's reaction to Nick's homophobia was strange and offensive -- it was like it was foreplay to her. As much as some people here like to praise her "lovely" friendships with Will and Sonny, she has been really disrespectful and spiteful to both of them on more than one occasion.

And I'm not completely satisfied with how Maggie and Hope each reacted to Nick's treatment of Will (they've been far too lenient, IMO), but at least they have both acknowledged that it was wrong. Julie never has, and while I realize that she isn't on as often and therefore hasn't had as many opportunities to do so, she's been on enough to warrant some sort of acknowledgement that Will was the wronged party and that what Nick did was completely disgusting and inexcusable. Her continued support of Nick is a blight on an otherwise awesome character, IMO, and if this latest string of appearances is just going to be more of the same, with her tirelessly campaigning for Nick as this misunderstood, "changed" soul, I'd frankly prefer for her to just stay on a cruise ship in the middle of nowhere. Will is just as much her family as Nick is, and it's past time for her to start acting like she cares about that.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 12 2014, 09:43 PM.

jam6242
Member Avatar

Do all the Hortons even know everything that happened between Nick and Will? Julie was present for the failed wedding but has she even interacted with either Nick or Will since then? And the only thing that came out of that wedding was that Will was the baby's father.

Vicky4Mimi
Member Avatar

Thanks! That's interesting. I hope it's Nick and this mess is over by February.

Kaha
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jan 12 2014, 10:45 PM
Do all the Hortons even know everything that happened between Nick and Will? Julie was present for the failed wedding but has she even interacted with either Nick or Will since then? And the only thing that came out of that wedding was that Will was the baby's father.
It sounds like people found out after the shooting. Remember the reason Victor kicked Nick out of his house was because he didn't want " a blackmailer and extortionist under his roof." Unless Sonny only told his great-uncle, I am assuming the family found out. Also, when EJ was screaming at Hope at the hospital about how Nick made Will's life a living hell, she never said, "what the hell are you talking about." So, yeah, I think they found out. At least they knew Nick was manipulating Gabi to keep Will away from his baby. Also, I am assuming Rafe would've told Hope since they're friends and all.

Keith
Member Avatar

Kaha
Jan 12 2014, 11:56 PM
jam6242
It sounds like people found out after the shooting. Remember the reason Victor kicked Nick out of his house was because he didn't want " a blackmailer and extortionist under his roof." Unless Sonny only told his great-uncle, I am assuming the family found out. Also, when EJ was screaming at Hope at the hospital about how Nick made Will's life a living hell, she never said, "what the hell are you talking about." So, yeah, I think they found out. At least they knew Nick was manipulating Gabi to keep Will away from his baby. Also, I am assuming Rafe would've told Hope since they're friends and all.
Yes, but these people are in town. Julie isn't. That's not exactly the thing you put in the family newsletter or call someone up to tell them. I also don't see the big deal about Julie siding with Nick over Will. It happens in families all the time. They turn a blind eye to the damaged child. I think Julie can see something of her and Doug in Nick and Marie, his grandmother, was more like an older sister to her than an aunt. So the combination of only knowing some things and having close relations with certainly family members over others, I can't harbor much resentment towards Julie over not being warm towards Will.

ShaneDOOLFan

Keith
Jan 13 2014, 12:01 AM
Kaha
jam6242
Yes, but these people are in town. Julie isn't. That's not exactly the thing you put in the family newsletter or call someone up to tell them. I also don't see the big deal about Julie siding with Nick over Will. It happens in families all the time. They turn a blind eye to the damaged child. I think Julie can see something of her and Doug in Nick and Marie, his grandmother, was more like an older sister to her than an aunt. So the combination of only knowing some things and having close relations with certainly family members over others, I can't harbor much resentment towards Julie over not being warm towards Will.
Her and Maggie have always felt a closeness or sense of motherly love for Nick. I think it is great that the writers are sticking with history. Julie was very instrumental in getting Nick out of prison. I am excited to see Julie in some meaty material. PLEASE use her more DOOL!! She should be the matriarch of this show.

Will&Sonny

jam6242
Maggie and Hope have both acknowledged that Nick mistreated Will (to paraphrase, this has generally been done with lame statements that go something like this -- "Will, I know that Nick put you through hell, but he's still a part of my family, so I hope you understand that I'm still concerned about him and want him to be happy"), so I see no reason to believe that Julie doesn't know at least as much as Maggie and Hope know, especially if we are to believe that Julie and Nick have this incredibly close relationship that would lead her to fiercely pursue the truth about his disappearance.

Granted, we don't know if Nick's family members know everything about what he did to Will, since the writers have never been completely clear on certain things, like whether Nick's family members know that he's a homophobe. But based on what is definitely public knowledge -- that Nick forced Will to sign away his parental rights to Arianna and later had a change of heart after Will saved Nick's life; that Nick's marriage to Gabi fell apart as a result of his lies and manipulations; that Nick was raped in prison -- it is perfectly reasonable to assume that Julie knows enough about the situation to understand that Will's side of the family hates her precious Nick because he did some seriously fucked-up things to Will that absolutely should not be tolerated under any circumstances. She has not yet acknowledged even that much, which is what I have a huge problem with.

This, by the way, is why I have been hoping for over a year now that Nick's crimes would eventually be revealed in a very public way, in front of all of his family members, so that there would be no doubt that everyone knows exactly what he has done, and more importantly, so that we could see them all react to that news in one way or another. If he does indeed return from the dead at the christening, I hope that Julie, Maggie, Hope, and various other people who are connected to Nick are in attendance and that they all get to hear that Nick attempted to rape Gabi. Then Will and Sonny can recount Nick's homophobic actions for everyone to hear. And Kate can reveal what Nick did to Mad World, even after she was kind enough to pay him handsomely to do several jobs for her despite his despicable treatment of Will. Or better yet, Nick's bigoted, possessive-obsessive, generally appalling behavior could be on full display at the event, so that everyone could see firsthand who he really is. But the writers love to give Nick the upper hand, for some weird reason, so instead, we'll probably get yet another round of Nick blackmailing people and being portrayed as the smartest person in Salem. :sleep:

Will&Sonny

Keith
Jan 13 2014, 12:01 AM
Kaha
jam6242
Maggie knows. Maggie is a blabbermouth. Therefore, I highly doubt that Julie has remained blissfully unaware of everything that has happened while she has been gone. Also, Julie has returned to Salem on at least two separate occasions since Nick's machinations were exposed in May. At the very least, as I alluded to in my previous post, she'd have to know that Nick's marriage imploded, and she'd want to know why it imploded, which leads very naturally into a conversation about all of this.

In any case, for me, "the big deal" about Julie siding with Nick over Will is that I think that it's wrong to support a homophobe over that homophobe's victim, family ties be damned. I don't care if you're a family member of mine or not -- right is right and wrong is wrong, and if I learn that you're a homophobe who has been victimizing two gay men simply because they choose to sleep with each other, I'm going to have a serious problem with that. I want Julie to have a serious problem with that, too, because I like her and don't want her to turn out to be someone who won't stand up against intolerance and bigotry. She doesn't have to love Will as much as she loves Nick (although I find that whole notion absurd, since she has no reason not to love Will) to realize that what Nick did to Will was inexcusable -- she simply has to be a decent, tolerant person with a modicum of common sense to realize that.

If she doesn't have a problem with Nick's actions, so be it, but that will forever make me think less of her as a character, and I think that it would be really out of character for her to have some degree of homophobia. After all, she clearly still loves Nick, and he's a convicted murderer. But regardless of what her reaction to Nick's behavior toward Will actually is, I want to see that reaction, one way or the other -- that's all.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply