Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmys looking for new TV home
Topic Started: Jan 14 2014, 03:16 PM (725 Views)
Ellie

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/daytime-emmys-looking-for-new-broadcast-home-hln-says-its-fairly-definite-the-cable-outlet-will-not-air-it-for-third-year/2014/01/14
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Darn...they are going to have a hard time finding a new home...its already mid January....they should have been on this before.

I would love to see them return to network television, but Its just so unlikely. Perhaps DAYS win last year might propel NBC to possibly look into it?

Hope-full

Mitchapalooza
Jan 14 2014, 03:27 PM
Darn...they are going to have a hard time finding a new home...its already mid January....they should have been on this before.

I would love to see them return to network television, but Its just so unlikely. Perhaps DAYS win last year might propel NBC to possibly look into it?
I am kind of glad that HLN isn't doing it this year. Last years' Daytime Emmy show was a God awful joke :frustration: . Hoping it goes back on network tv or maybe cable like Lifetime or something.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hope-full
Jan 14 2014, 03:49 PM
Mitchapalooza

I am kind of glad that HLN isn't doing it this year. Last years' Daytime Emmy show was a God awful joke :frustration: . Hoping it goes back on network tv or maybe cable like Lifetime or something.
The last time it aired on network TV...it was the Vegas Variety Hour special...the HLN broadcast the last two years (while epically shitty themselves), really put those two CBS broadcasts to utter shame.

natdot99
Member Avatar

Hope-full
Mitchapalooza

Mitchapalooza
Jan 14 2014, 04:06 PM
Hope-full
Mitchapalooza

The last time it aired on network TV...it was the Vegas Variety Hour special...the HLN broadcast the last two years (while epically shitty themselves), really put those two CBS broadcasts to utter shame.

:hail: :hail: :hail: I watched last year and it looked like that it was put together in two weeks. It was pitiful beyond the realm of shitty.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Ellie
Jan 14 2014, 03:16 PM
Being on HLN was horrible. Why don't they just suspend the broadcast like the did years ago, or put it on one of the broadcast networks during the day? I remember they used to do that in the past.

Hope-full

Mitchapalooza
Hope-full
Mitchapalooza

Yeah I remember. I just find it insulting to Daytime and to soap fans the way the Daytime Emmys have been "produced" these last two years. At least in Vegas the actors seemed to enjoy themselves.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Hope-full
Jan 16 2014, 02:22 PM
Mitchapalooza
Hope-full
Mitchapalooza

Yeah I remember. I just find it insulting to Daytime and to soap fans the way the Daytime Emmys have been "produced" these last two years. At least in Vegas the actors seemed to enjoy themselves.
The actors absolutely HATED the Vegas Emmy's....many promised to never go to them again if they were held there again.

OliveAnn

Hope-full
Jan 16 2014, 02:22 PM
Mitchapalooza
Hope-full
Mitchapalooza

They enjoyed the city and the mini bars in their hotel rooms. But, the ceremony itself they hated. Billy Warlock and Nancy Lee Grahn openly blasted it on Twitter during the show and afterwards.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply