Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
American Idol Season 13
Topic Started: Jan 15 2014, 09:34 PM (667 Views)
cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Not sure if anyone is watching this season, but once again I thought I would at least try it out.

There is definitely a different feel this year. Not really sure I like it. I think the judges could be good, but I think I have to keep full judgement until the live shows. During her first time, I liked Jennifer Lopez on the audition episodes, but then when the live shows came on she was different. She was more honest in the audition rounds, but it was like someone told her to be nicer. I am seeing a bit of the more honest Jennifer I liked before, but again going to wait until live shows.

Also think Harry could be good if he stays the way he is now. He gives constructive feedback along with being honest. He is Simon without going out being mean. But again final judgement until live shows to see if he can keep this honest feedback.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I didn't get to watch last night but am watching tonight and am enjoying it so far especially Harry... :wub2:

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Holy moses Nikki McKibbin who came in 3rd place in the 1st season has a 15yr old son who auditioned and made it to Hollywood. I feel old.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Is anyone else watching this season still? I don't tune in every week but do occasionally and really like Harry as a judge. Jennifer is ok but I think it's awful she reportedly got paid what Harry and Keith did combined.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I tried, because I miss the show. It was the night they announced the finalist for the boys, and I made it through two horrific performances before I had to turn it off. At least before the untalented ones were attractive. This was just...a mess.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I honestly don't know what the judges were smoking this season when it came to picking contestants.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I am watching it. I don't mind of few of them, but I don't think any of them are amazing. Not the most attractive bunch either.

I didn't care for most of the song choices tonight.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

I didn't think any of them sounded that great from what I saw either even though I saw a little over half of the show. For a few of them I kept thinking "Is this really the best they could get?"

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

My faves are the rockers..Jessica Muse & Caleb Johnson.

jacpre
Member Avatar

By the look of how "dead'' this forum is it seems that people lost interest in the show. I can't blame anyone. This season really sucks. I don't even know the names of these contestants and we are at the final eight. At this point I don't even watch the performance episodes. I just watch the result show and FF through most of it. I think this is probably going to be the last season. I can't see them renew it.

I just can't believe that this is the best the judges could come up with like Miss Rhi said.

SummerAngel
Member Avatar
Princess

I try to watch, but lose interest after an hour or so. The contestants could be better singers and the judging seems too nice at times. Hopefully, it will pick up soon.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I don't bother with the first night because I can see all I need to in a half hour the next night. They recap the songs anyway, I don't need to hear it all. Malaya sounded terrible. Not surprised she went, and she had been in the bottom early on. I still bet the judges regret using their save on Sam.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar

Damnit since I gave up on this season after a few shows once they got to the main ones I missed seeing David Cook. Looks like I'll have to look online.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I feel really shallow saying this, but from what I've seen of this season not only is the talent level pretty moderate, the contestants are fairly unattractive (except for one kid). This show has fallen really far from where it was. Time to retire singing competitions for a bit, until we get back to people who want to be singers not on the reality show they grew up watching...(imho, of course).

KMan101
Member Avatar

I agree. And it feels like the same type of contestants too and you can practically predict each week who will go, honestly.

American Idol's ratings are sinking. It's too bad because I really like this judging panel but it's time to retire American Idol.

KMan101
Member Avatar

The show was renewed. WHHHHHYYYYY? Ratings are SINKING but compared to their comedies and Glee, it looks like a ratings winner.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

That Jena Irene chick on IDOL is the worst woman ever to make it to the Final 3. She's the female Taylor Hicks, only younger and a lil hipper lol. The judges this year make me sick that they've pimped and pimped her, NEVER criticize her at all, especially J-Lo & Keith who've both gotten hardons for her lol. Jessica Meuse was by far better than her and she was always criticized by them, and they got what they wanted last week when she got voted off. Hope that Caleb Johnson wins, because he's by far the best on this season. Alex hopefully will make it to 2nd place. But I've given up on IDOL and as of this week have quit watching the show. I only will watch next season---which will only be on once per week----if Keith Urban and Jennifer Lopez are OUT and maybe Harry Connick Jr too. Hopefully they'll lure back Simon Cowell, and maybe even Paula Abdul. Get the original 3 back together maybe.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Cannot believe this was renewed over X-Factor...this show is BEYOND deplorable now.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

At least they sing, unlike some folks on X-Factor. That mess had to be put down, imho.

I read somewhere that part of why they renewed it was to get more use out of their expensive stage remodel. They did pour a lot into this last revamp, might as well get 6-9 million viewers out of it. I guess that's all broadcast tv networks expect at this point.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Thank GOD and America that Caleb Johnson WON! Not that horrible, terrible, annoying voiced bitch Jenna Irene! Glad a true rocker finally won IDOL.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · FOX Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply