Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings Report Jan 6 - 10, 2014
Topic Started: Jan 17 2014, 02:21 AM (1,587 Views)
salempc
Member Avatar

Ratings: Polar Vortex Continues to Help Soaps

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings
(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 5,472,000 (+159,000/+833,000) * <—- 5 year high
2. B&B 4,135,000 (+8,000/+576,000)
3. GH 3,289,000 (-41,000/+433,000)
4. DAYS 2,991,000 (-30,000/+426,000)

* New high for JFP/Altman/Passanante regime
* Highest since December 28, 2008 – January 1, 2009

Households
1. Y&R 3.9/11 (+.2/+.5) * <—– 5 year high
2. B&B 2.9/8 (+.1/+.3) ** <—– 5.5 year high
3. GH 2.5/7 (+.1/+.4)
4. DAYS 2.2/6 (same/+.3)

* Last time at 3.9: Dec 28 – Jan 1, 2009

** Last time at 2.9: April 28 – May 2, 2008

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 963,000 (+112,000/+57,000) *
2. GH 776,000 (+28,000/+96,000)
3. B&B 748,000 (+8,000/+49,000)
4. DAYS 688,000 (+19,000/+109,000) *

** New high for Tomlin/Whitesell regime

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5/9 (+.2/+.1)
2. B&B 1.2/7 (same/+.1)
2. GH 1.2/7 (same/+.1)
4. DAYS 1.1/6 (+.1/+.2)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 268,000 (+11,000/+43,000)
2. GH 254,000 (+14,000/+18,000)
3. B&B 221,000 (+7,000/+58,000)
4. DAYS 198,000 (-14,000/+26,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.8 (same/+.1)
1. GH 0.8 (+.1/+.1)
3. B&B 0.7 (+.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 0.6 (same/+.1)

Women 25-54 Viewers
1. Y&R 1,341,000 (+129,000/+81,000)
2. GH 1,051,000 (+23,000/+191,000)
3. B&B 991,000 (-15,000/+17,000)
4. DAYS 838,000 (+52,000/+122,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
1. Y&R 2.2 (+.2/+.1)
2. GH 1.7 (same/+.3)
3. B&B 1.6 (-.1/same)
4. DAYS 1.4 (+.1/+.2)

Day-To-Day Ratings – HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 3.2/4,610,000
Tuesday: 3.1/4,366,000
Wednesday: 2.7/3,826,000
Thursday: 2.8/3,902,000
Friday: 2.8/3,969,000

DAYS
Monday: 2.3/3,099,000
Tuesday: 2.3/3,279,000
Wednesday: 2.2/3,109,000
Thursday: 2.0/2,680,000
Friday: 2.1/2,787,000

GH
Monday: 2.6/3,489,000
Tuesday: 2.7/3,553,000
Wednesday: 2.3/3,104,000
Thursday: 2.4/3,090,000
Friday: 2.4/3,207,000

Y&R
Monday: 4.1/6,008,000
Tuesday: 4.1/5,838,000
Wednesday: 3.7/5,156,000
Thursday: 3.8/5,269,000
Friday: 3.7/5,086,000

Read more: Ratings: Polar Vortex Continues to Help Soaps | Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/01/ratings-polar-vortex-continues-to-help-soaps?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz2qdbXPy11
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Wow. Those dailies are crazy great.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar

:cheer: Another great week for Days! I know I enjoyed each & every episode! :rockon:

And look at Y&R. They are getting close to regaining a million viewers!

S loves EJ

Was it Ejabby or was it the polar vortex that brought in the ratings? I guess the following weeks ratings will give the answer to that, either way good week for Days. :cheer:

Evan
Member Avatar

The whole Michael Muhney controversy is gaining Y&R extra viewers?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

I actually expected a big drop after a few steady weeks of good gains. The test is now if Days can keep a portion of the viewers they've gained from late November on....I think it's great that they are kicking off a bunch of stories around the same time and a solid month before sweeps....kind of smart if you tell me. I long criticized this show for only writing during Feb, May, November and sometimes July...they never worried about getting stuff done in Jan or April or october....it's really a no brainer...start gaining fans before so that you can KEEP SOME and INCREASE your sweeps numbers...

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

All soaps had a fantastic week….At least on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday DAYS had over 3 million viewers which are amazing for DAYS, that’s when days introduced us to Ej/Abby and how they found comfort with each other. I think a lot of factors went into these ratings, it wasn’t the junior/Sami show, they introduced us to Ej/Abby, and they used a lot more of the cast and more relationships forming. It was like watching a new daytime soap. I watched all 5 shows this week, and I can’t remember the last time I did since fall of 2011!

lysie
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jan 17 2014, 04:25 AM
Was it Ejabby or was it the polar vortex that brought in the ratings? I guess the following weeks ratings will give the answer to that, either way good week for Days. :cheer:
Nah. I mean, if they don't go down next week, that would be absolutely shocking. There's a reason you can't attribute ratings to storylines and it just so happens several storylines started at the same time. If ejabby has as an effect either way, it will be a while before we'd be able to really see that, IMO.

Vicky4Mimi

lysie
Jan 17 2014, 10:20 AM
S loves EJ
Nah. I mean, if they don't go down next week, that would be absolutely shocking. There's a reason you can't attribute ratings to storylines and it just so happens several storylines started at the same time. If ejabby has as an effect either way, it will be a while before we'd be able to really see that, IMO.
Fingers crossed on that EJAbby storyline. If snowbound people flipped on to see the show Monday, they must have liked what they saw because they came back for more on Tuesday!

I love that it means more people got to see Lucas/LUSH, Rafe/Jafe and Nicole/Ericole that week too. IMO those couples plus EJAbby show DAYS it's best. (Hope needs a man and a story too for the show to be perfect!) If you haven't watched in a while and tuned in to see all our new couples you just might be impressed enough to stick around! :wub:

daysmemories
Member Avatar

3.2 Million on Tuesday for Days. :applause: Yipee.
Edited by daysmemories, Jan 17 2014, 10:51 AM.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Jan 17 2014, 10:19 AM
All soaps had a fantastic week….At least on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday DAYS had over 3 million viewers which are amazing for DAYS, that’s when days introduced us to Ej/Abby and how they found comfort with each other. I think a lot of factors went into these ratings, it wasn’t the junior/Sami show, they introduced us to Ej/Abby, and they used a lot more of the cast and more relationships forming. It was like watching a new daytime soap. I watched all 5 shows this week, and I can’t remember the last time I did since fall of 2011!
I think its great. Maybe my prayers were answered when I asked God for Days to stop sucking. The writers gave me some meaty stories to watch, Ejabby,. Ericole and Lucas and his new possible Love Sheryl aka #Lush. Than he made it super cold and people that were home it got their attention. TPTB need to keep this going and hold on to those viewers new or old that are back to watching.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Wow - Y&R with a daily viewer total over 6 Million!

WGuyMd35

I think the ratings had to do with the weather. Tuesday was the coldest day, highest ratings. The weather warmed up at the end of the week, lowest ratings of the week.

Why did they stop reporting the ratings for the male demographic? With gay-centered sites such as the backlot doing daily liveblogs when Sonny&Will are on, it would be interesting to see how much the male audience is impacted by a gay male storyline.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lysie
S loves EJ
Meh, it's not like we'll ever know. I mean, I think Ejabby sucks but I'm totally watching right now because Ericole is love and I want to see what happens with Nick and the murder coven.

Anyway, nice to see all the soaps up. Hopefully they can sustain ratings without the polar vortex.

am103
Member Avatar

Another great week for Days... Clearly the weather had a lot to do with this, but it would be nice to see the soaps continue to gain and to STOP being known as a dying genre!

trojangal
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 17 2014, 02:46 PM
lysie
S loves EJ
Meh, it's not like we'll ever know. I mean, I think Ejabby sucks but I'm totally watching right now because Ericole is love and I want to see what happens with Nick and the murder coven.

Anyway, nice to see all the soaps up. Hopefully they can sustain ratings without the polar vortex.
And I am just excited to watch Days lately because Fetch hasn't been hogging up my tv screen lol
Something about those two together :shame:
I guess it is a good sign that the show seems to have a little something for everyone Currently !
Edited by trojangal, Jan 17 2014, 05:50 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

I have been enjoying both Days & GH lately & while I don't like every story
Overall I find both shows great.
Keep up the good work ,

james0479
Member Avatar

Happy to see all soaps doing so well ratings wise lately. Sure the sucky weather helped and while I only watch Days, I'm happy for the soap world. In my opinion Days is doing an awesome job lately with timing and pacing. So many things are going on and it's been must see TV for this fan! Hope they keep it up
Edited by james0479, Jan 18 2014, 10:19 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Daysfanatic79
Member Avatar

james0479
Jan 18 2014, 10:18 AM
Happy to see all soaps doing so well ratings wise lately. Sure the sucky weather helped and while I only watch Days, I'm happy for the soap world. In my opinion Days is doing an awesome job lately with timing and pacing. So many things are going on and it's been must see TV for this fan! Hope they keep it up
OK, I am ready to post what has been on my mind for a while now.....

Did the weather play a role, hell yes! HOWEVER, there are plenty of things to do during cold and snowy weather, and I have hundreds of channels, internet shows to watch, and Netflix ready to go if I can't find anything I like on television. Soaps were not the only answer for cold/snowbound viewers. Here in Huntsville, AL on Monday/Tuesday, we had lows near 0 and constant snow showers and black ice on the roads. In the south, that's a big deal. Still, schools simply delayed and life went on for the most part. My closest weather reporting station to my house near Green Mountain and Ditto Landing at the Tennessee River had -2 as the low that particular Tuesday morning. That is crazy cold and had some folks indoors, but not enough to say it was ONLY the cold. The fact is with a myriad of options, people chose to watch soaps these last weeks, and there is most definitely ANOTHER strong polar vortex and snow in our forecast coming this coming week and the next. It will bring constant snow showers and single digits down my way again. I am a weather nerd, so count on it.

The truth is weather assisted an improving genre. "Days of Our Lives" was dead in the water for MOST of 2000-2010. I must declare what I thought I would never state again, Days, despite some major bumps in the road this decade, has been better than it was in the decade that began the 21st century, so far.

That is a great statement to make and it feels good to say it! Now we have some good new actors who will grace our screens soon, and John Black returning.
Spoiler: click to toggle

All soaps look good, but the two soaps that have creatively had an amazing comeback from the abyss are "Days of Our Lives" and "General Hospital"
. I mean look, "Days" is using Julie!!! They are using an absolute ICON that made "Days" the soap of the 1970's to bring drama and angst, and she can act rings around most artist I know. I mean, it's actually a brilliant move. Now......Use Deidre Hall. I have a very good feeling her time is coming. Both "Days" and "GH" are using new and vibrant characters played by good actors, while utilizing Icons and historic characters from each show's respective past.

The weather played a role, and ratings will go down, until the next vortex this coming weeks, but I think February will be good for us. Something tells me, judging by the quality we have seen these last few months, we are looking at some really great, must see soap coming up for sweeps. It is fun and a solid, good soap as it is right now. When they take it up a notch in February, I think we will see some fireworks. "Days" has not been this consistent in AGES!

Spoiler: click to toggle

outrageous
Member Avatar

I really don't see the excitement over Days' ratings. They have fallen and the show is still in the 4th place.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply