Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ex-OLTL's Chris McKenna Joins Y&R!
Topic Started: Jan 17 2014, 11:59 PM (3,770 Views)
Daytime
Member Avatar

Posted Image

While character and storyline details aren’t available at this time, actor Chris McKenna tweeted earlier this evening, “It appears I’ll be making a bit of a return to soaps. At least for a few episodes.” He tagged CBS’ “The Young and the Restless” in the tweet to his followers.

Last appearing in daytime in 1993, when his three year stint as Joey Buchanan on ABC’s “One Life to Live” concluded, McKenna has appeared in episodes of numerous primetime shows including “NCIS: Los Angeles,” “Rizzoli & Isles,” and more recently TV Land’s “The Exes.” McKenna had a recurring role on The CW’s “90210″ from 2011-2013. In 2014, he can be seen in the features “Off the Grid” and “Blind Pass.”

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/01/former-one-life-star-chris-mckenna-joining-the-young-and-the-restless
Edited by Daytime, Jan 18 2014, 12:03 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shark
Member Avatar

I wonder if he's gonna be the new Adam? he's 36 and 6foot 3. I've did some research. If he can play bad boy he might be the new Adam.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Well he has done some prime time so it sounds like he is pretty good. He is quite nice looking and in fact much better looking then MM. Wouldn't bother me any if he were the new Adam.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

He's pretty nice looking, he could be Adam. Whoever they get, I want him to be soooooo hot and popular that all the rabid MM fans stew in their own juices. Too bad there's no way to make sure they never get to see the show again, because you know they will, in spite of all their protesting. :popcorn:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Either that or it's that new Abbott man. I do hope it's Adam too :)

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Its only a few episodes so how can it be new Adam?

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

That's true 3 wish. Just wishin' and hopin'.

shark
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jan 18 2014, 10:19 PM
Could be saying that just to throw us all off the scent. They will want to see how he goes over. Just like with that Kyle guy nobody ever cared for him as Kyle. He bombed big time. Then, he got let go. My theory is this is the one.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

He'd look good with MCE. Better than Cameron Mathison!

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Just because he says it's only a few episodes doesn't mean it really is. You know how they like to throw us off.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

Sammie Jo
Jan 21 2014, 12:59 AM
3WishGenie
Just because he says it's only a few episodes doesn't mean it really is. You know how they like to throw us off.
they just announced he's playing a guy named Marc Harding (?). Something like that. :drunk: Another newbie I won't care about.

thepadange

3WishGenie
Jan 21 2014, 05:42 PM
Sammie Jo
3WishGenie
they just announced he's playing a guy named Marc Harding (?). Something like that. :drunk: Another newbie I won't care about.
Quote:

Per a rep for the daytime drama series, who confirms the actor’s joining, McKenna will be portraying the recurring role of Mark Harding and begins filming his scenes tomorrow, January 22 with a first airdate set for Monday, February 17.

“He’ll appear during an exciting event that will bring several Genoa City residents together,” says the rep.

CONFIRMED: Actor Chris L. McKenna Joining ‘Y&R’; Character and Airdate Revealed - Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/01/confirmed-actor-chris-l-mckenna-joining-y-character-and-airdate-revealed#ixzz2r6zd6pwO

shark
Member Avatar

I would have bet the farm that he was the next Adam ! Same height and age and decent looks. who in the hell is Mark Harding?

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Another newbie. He is nice to look at but the show needs another newbie like it needs another Michael Muhney. LOL

shark
Member Avatar

I concur ............. all we see of this Mariah chick is some ugly ass tattoo. LOL :shrug:

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Jan 21 2014, 05:42 PM
Sammie Jo
3WishGenie
:fp2:

SummerB

Feb. 17 is a few weeks from now and is "bringing GC together." I'll bet he's playing the Abbott cousin casting rumor that was swirling around. I do hope someone fills Michael Muhney's shoes; they are big ones to fill! I don't want Adam GONE as I really like the character.

Queen B
Member Avatar

SummerB
Jan 24 2014, 01:02 PM
Feb. 17 is a few weeks from now and is "bringing GC together." I'll bet he's playing the Abbott cousin casting rumor that was swirling around. I do hope someone fills Michael Muhney's shoes; they are big ones to fill! I don't want Adam GONE as I really like the character.
The casting call for 'Andrew Abbott' was actually for the recast of Billy, they just couldn't tell people

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Anyone can fill Adams shoes

nananana7
Member Avatar

Chris McKenna has posted on twitter multiple times that he's *not* Adam.
He's a new character called "Mark Harding".

17 Jan 2014
"It appears I'll be making a bit of a return to soaps. At least for a few episodes. #theyoungandtherestless"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/424354508907376640

21 January 2014
"There ya go, guys. Speculation over. NOT Adam, never was. Looking forward to starting tomorrow as Harding. #theyoungandtherestless"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/425767577604718592

22 January 2014
"Just like riding a bike! The nicest people, warm welcome. Had a blast. Great first day! #YR"
[then a fan asked: "When will you start airing on Y&R?"]
Chris replied: "Feb. 17!"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/426232759770566657

23 January 2014
"I'm not playing billy or Adam. I'm playing Mark Harding, new character."
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/426535941407137792

27 January 2014
A fan asked on twitter: "Word on the street has it your 2B the new Adam? Just curious. wife got me hooked onit last yr LOL Luv it"
Chris McKenna replied: "rumors, son, rumors. I'm a new character, Mark Harding. You and your wife will meet me in a few weeks!"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/427781160551202816

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply