Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ex-OLTL's Chris McKenna Joins Y&R!
Topic Started: Jan 17 2014, 11:59 PM (3,612 Views)
HotPepper
Member Avatar

Queen B
Jan 24 2014, 01:13 PM
SummerB
Jan 24 2014, 01:02 PM
Feb. 17 is a few weeks from now and is "bringing GC together." I'll bet he's playing the Abbott cousin casting rumor that was swirling around. I do hope someone fills Michael Muhney's shoes; they are big ones to fill! I don't want Adam GONE as I really like the character.
The casting call for 'Andrew Abbott' was actually for the recast of Billy, they just couldn't tell people
The casting call for Andrew Abbot was put out way longer ago then when MM was fired. I find it hard to believe they were trying to replace Adam that far back and then sign MM to a new contract. Plus wait that long to fire MM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

nananana7
Feb 1 2014, 12:11 PM
Chris McKenna has posted on twitter multiple times that he's *not* Adam.
He's a new character called "Mark Harding".

17 Jan 2014
"It appears I'll be making a bit of a return to soaps. At least for a few episodes. #theyoungandtherestless"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/424354508907376640

21 January 2014
"There ya go, guys. Speculation over. NOT Adam, never was. Looking forward to starting tomorrow as Harding. #theyoungandtherestless"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/425767577604718592

22 January 2014
"Just like riding a bike! The nicest people, warm welcome. Had a blast. Great first day! #YR"
[then a fan asked: "When will you start airing on Y&R?"]
Chris replied: "Feb. 17!"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/426232759770566657

23 January 2014
"I'm not playing billy or Adam. I'm playing Mark Harding, new character."
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/426535941407137792

27 January 2014
A fan asked on twitter: "Word on the street has it your 2B the new Adam? Just curious. wife got me hooked onit last yr LOL Luv it"
Chris McKenna replied: "rumors, son, rumors. I'm a new character, Mark Harding. You and your wife will meet me in a few weeks!"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/427781160551202816

thepadange
Jan 22 2014, 02:55 AM
Quote:

Per a rep for the daytime drama series, who confirms the actor's joining, McKenna will be portraying the recurring role of Mark Harding and begins filming his scenes tomorrow, January 22 with a first airdate set for Monday, February 17.

"He'll appear during an exciting event that will bring several Genoa City residents together," says the rep.
CONFIRMED: Actor Chris L. McKenna Joining Y&R; Character and Airdate Revealed - Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/01/confirmed-actor-chris-l-mckenna-joining-y-character-and-airdate-revealed#ixzz2r6zd6pwO

Interesting ... the actor said "at least for a few episodes"
but the show's rep said "recurring role".

What is the "exciting event that will bring several Genoa City residents together"?

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Hope it's Phyllis waking up,
her and Jack announcing their engagement,
putting a torpedo in Sharon's fantasy,
letting the Summer DNA fiasco come to a head.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Feb 1 2014, 12:11 PM
Chris McKenna has posted on twitter multiple times that he's *not* Adam.
He's a new character called "Mark Harding".

17 Jan 2014
"It appears I'll be making a bit of a return to soaps. At least for a few episodes. #theyoungandtherestless"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/424354508907376640

21 January 2014
"There ya go, guys. Speculation over. NOT Adam, never was. Looking forward to starting tomorrow as Harding. #theyoungandtherestless"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/425767577604718592

22 January 2014
"Just like riding a bike! The nicest people, warm welcome. Had a blast. Great first day! #YR"
[then a fan asked: "When will you start airing on Y&R?"]
Chris replied: "Feb. 17!"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/426232759770566657

23 January 2014
"I'm not playing billy or Adam. I'm playing Mark Harding, new character."
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/426535941407137792

27 January 2014
A fan asked on twitter: "Word on the street has it your 2B the new Adam? Just curious. wife got me hooked onit last yr LOL Luv it"
Chris McKenna replied: "rumors, son, rumors. I'm a new character, Mark Harding. You and your wife will meet me in a few weeks!"
https://twitter.com/ChrisLMcKenna/status/427781160551202816
Too bad, that would have really hurt MM to the core if he was replaced so readily. lol

Where did I read that during or before Paul was married to April, that he was messing with april's sister and her last name is harding and this could be YET ANOTHER mia kid. :shame:
Seems like he would be a lot older than this guy looks, but hey :shrug:

shark
Member Avatar

I'm confessing I'm the new Adam even if I do have a big bust ! hahhahahah

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Inquiring mind wanted to know so I went diggin'.

Quote:

Biography Edit

Barbara Conway was the daughter of Dorothy and Wayne Stevens. She had one twin sister April Stevens.

In 1981, Paul Williams began the first step in his detective career by finding April's twin sister, Barbara, and reuniting her with her family. Paul then had an affair with Barbara, whom April had yet to meet.

In 1982, Barbara moved back to New York.

After visiting Genoa City, April and Heather Stevens returned to New York, much to Paul and Mary Williams' disappointment. They went to live with her sister Barbara who was rich and ended up financing Heather's education at a college in New York where her room mate Macy was murdered.

That would make "the baby" 32 years old... ish.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Feb 1 2014, 05:18 PM
Inquiring mind wanted to know so I went diggin'.

Quote:

Biography Edit

Barbara Conway was the daughter of Dorothy and Wayne Stevens. She had one twin sister April Stevens.

In 1981, Paul Williams began the first step in his detective career by finding April's twin sister, Barbara, and reuniting her with her family. Paul then had an affair with Barbara, whom April had yet to meet.

In 1982, Barbara moved back to New York.

After visiting Genoa City, April and Heather Stevens returned to New York, much to Paul and Mary Williams' disappointment. They went to live with her sister Barbara who was rich and ended up financing Heather's education at a college in New York where her room mate Macy was murdered.

That would make "the baby" 32 years old... ish.
Good find, well, we'll see what happens now. I hope if he's yet another son of Paul's that he's not a psycho.

shark
Member Avatar

That whole family is deranged. His mother was a whack a do, his wife was in the nut house and his son was a psycho.
Thank God Chris doesn't want or to old to have any.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

shark
Feb 1 2014, 08:42 PM
That whole family is deranged. His mother was a whack a do, his wife was in the nut house and his son was a psycho.
Thank God Chris doesn't want or to old to have any.
paul's wife being nuts has nothing to do with paul's genetic makeup, now his sister, that's another story. lol
His mother just happened to have a fixation on Ribs'n'kraut. :laugh:

Soapwatcher

I remember how Mary and Paul just begged Chris to have a baby, he'd never raised Heather, didn't even acknowledge her for the first months of her life. Then Isabella got pregnant with Paul's baby, yet he and Mary were not the most thrilled people, so I'm thinking hey as long as someone is having a baby for you after you raised all kinds of hell to have one be grateful, yet as soon as he could Paul shipped Ricky off to Cali, to his other grandparents, why didn't Mary take him and raise him. Stupid storyline from beginning to end. btw Shark if you're the new Adam with a big bust, you can feel yourself up and no one would report you to management. lol

shark
Member Avatar

LOL you got a point there.
I forgot about crazy Patty, paul just seems to hang with the nut jobs either thru family or associates. Maybe Ricky inherited some nuttiness not just thru his mother, but, his Aunt too. I rest my case. LOL
Couldn't stand that old bitch Mary bet Christine breathed a sign of relief when she was rid of that one.

HotPepper
Member Avatar

I sighed a big relief when Mary and the bug was gone. Now here we are dealing with the untalented LLB again. If her daddy wasn't Bill Bell she would have gotten no where in acting.

Soapwatcher

I remember (here I go again) that's why Terry Lester left, was because it was becoming in his words "The Lauralee Bell Show". He knew that Daddy's Girl would take over and she's been a near enough perfect character ever since. I also remember Terry saying he begged the first Patty Lillibeth Stern not to leave, but she wanted to get married I think and have something to do with the health field be a nurse or something, I'm probably way off base. Terry was from a town about 70 miles away from me. Talk about someone being different from their character he was. I don't know what he died of but his family wanted it to remain private.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

This tells a lot. I liked him in the Jack part too but PB is Jack.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Lester

Soapwatcher

I like Peter Bergman as Jack too, just saying what I remember reading what Terry Lester said about LLB. Oh we'll feel the wrath? of Sammy Jo over us liking Jack. lol

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Since he was apparently in a car that blew up .... could Harding be revealed as Adam LATER? hehehe.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Feb 2 2014, 12:14 PM
I like Peter Bergman as Jack too, just saying what I remember reading what Terry Lester said about LLB. Oh we'll feel the wrath? of Sammy Jo over us liking Jack. lol
No wrath. lol you guys are nuts. LMAO
I had read way back when, that Terry had AIDS and his death was HIV related.
I just never warmed up to PB, just something about him, and I hate that he does the same facial grimaces all the time, the squint, the lip bite. Every time he does that, you KNOW Victor is about to hand him his ass on a platter. lol

Soapwatcher

Have you ever noticed as he's walking out of the door how he turns his head like he's looking down the hall, room, whatever, it drives me nuts. I want to ask "what are you looking at/for Jack?"

shark
Member Avatar

He's a good crier. That man can have me reaching for my Puff's when he goes on a jag. I think he's nice looking, needs to relax a little wear a dress shirt every now and again. Lose that suit and tie while your at home. Get a little jiggly with it U know.
Be glad when he lets John Abbott go to his reward and stay there and have him to pick up Cassie on his way back.
Talk about the friggin' undead......G City is zombie central..........

shark
Member Avatar

Soapwatcher
Feb 2 2014, 03:01 PM
Have you ever noticed as he's walking out of the door how he turns his head like he's looking down the hall, room, whatever, it drives me nuts. I want to ask "what are you looking at/for Jack?"
probably afraid John is gonna let a ghost fart and he ain't there to smell it . LOL

:lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply