Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kim McCullough exit; Daytime Confidential interview
Topic Started: Jan 19 2014, 11:52 PM (3,931 Views)
granolagirl
Member Avatar

http://daytimeconfidential.zap2it.com/2014/01/19/ghs-kimberly-mccullough-on-her-exit-storyline-its-not-goodbye-its-just-see-you-later
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Please don't tell me she will be the Jeff Branson of GH.

Further, don't let this reunite Patrick and Borina.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't know why anyone would want their favorite veteran characters to return to GH after this clusterfuck.

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

What was the point in coming back just to leave again?I mean she has a right to her directing career,but for her GH character,it's just annoying to have Robyn aching for Patrick and Emma for two years,come back,then go away.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Jan 20 2014, 12:17 AM
What was the point in coming back just to leave again?I mean she has a right to her directing career,but for her GH character,it's just annoying to have Robyn aching for Patrick and Emma for two years,come back,then go away.
It seems to me like they had enough time to tell a good story about that, but they just chose to mark time instead.

natdot99
Member Avatar

LPS
Jan 19 2014, 11:58 PM
Please don't tell me she will be the Jeff Branson of GH.

Further, don't let this reunite Patrick and Borina.

:applause: :lol: I love your name for the DP,Borina.
I hope she takes the brat Emma with her because she needs her mommy.
I hope Robin serves Patrick with divorce papers when she leaves PC.

Yo_ima_stem

I knew she was leaving :cheer:

taylore
Member Avatar

Love her,wish her luck.

Peridott
Member Avatar

Hell what a waste of time. Scrubs need to just be over and done with. I was never fond of them anyways. It sucks Patrick has to go back to Sabrina though.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

I'm disappointed and feel cheated.

bellajewel
Member Avatar
~SIZZLING HOT~

Wow.... :ermm:

presley23
Member Avatar

I'm disappointed that so much time was wasted. TIIC clearly knew they only had KMc for 6 months, 2 of those months should not have been wasted on Robin hiding away, with a further month spent barely on screen while Patrick waffled between Robin and Sabrina. What a waste of time and opportunity. Whatever reason they come up with for Robin leaving Patrick, Emma and Port Charles won't fly with longtime fans. Oh well, Robin's return has just proved that these idiots cannot write a decent story for any returning GH vets (see also Laura, Robert, et al). Such a shame to see so much potential continually flushed down the toilet.

I wish KMc well in her future away from GH.

Diamonde
Member Avatar

Can't say I'm surprised since it was always known that it wouldn't be long term. And based on the writing, her character's return was rather pointless.
Edited by Diamonde, Jan 20 2014, 06:19 AM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

That's pretty much the final straw for me. :flipoff: They've already destroyed AJ and Carly and now KMc says that "fans will be pissed." No thanks. I've had my fill of RC's pets, newbies and the Disney Princess being propped while GH vets are ignored and trashed. I hear Days has gotten better, I may be forced to give it another shot. How desperate is that?? :P
Edited by JDeveraux_91, Jan 20 2014, 02:27 PM.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

This is sad but I wondered all along just how long Kim McCullough would be on the show as I know she is very committed to her directing career. Since TPTB knew they only had her for a short time, I wish they had focused more of December on Robin's reunion with her family and not had as much of the Corinthos/Jerome mob stuff.

While it's been wonderful to have Robin back on canvas, and would love to see her come back, I do worry about the uncertainty attached to when she would be potentially weaving back and forth into the canvas. On Days they have left it too open ended as to when Bo Brady will be coming back to Salem and it has hurt the characters of Bo and Hope as Hope has been in limbo since he left. Especially as Bo is not there raising his daughter. I don't want Robin to be away from her daughter the way her father was.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I don't have a problem with characters coming and going, even if they have families, but you have to build up to it. Where are the scenes of Robin comparing her past as a little girl without a father, or losing both her parents, to what Emma went through when she was dead? Where is the narrative device that is going to pull Robin off the canvas, already looming so we can feel the foreshadowing of what is going to happen, and feel torn about it? Where are the scenes of Robin forgiving Robert because she understands now how complicated adult lives can be, even if they are unfair to children? It's nowhere, because this is not about Robin.

salempc
Member Avatar

I love KMc & Robin, but given that Kim's heart lies elsewhere, I would have preferred that Robin died, permanently.

daysfan2
Member Avatar
Go Away Daniel

granolagirl
Jan 20 2014, 11:01 AM
I don't have a problem with characters coming and going, even if they have families, but you have to build up to it. Where are the scenes of Robin comparing her past as a little girl without a father, or losing both her parents, to what Emma went through when she was dead? Where is the narrative device that is going to pull Robin off the canvas, already looming so we can feel the foreshadowing of what is going to happen, and feel torn about it? Where are the scenes of Robin forgiving Robert because she understands now how complicated adult lives can be, even if they are unfair to children? It's nowhere, because this is not about Robin.
I would like this 10,000 times if I could! so very true!

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Not at all surprised.

Guess I read between the lines too much in her interviews over the past couple of years but I just don't think her heart is in Port Charles anymore.

Maybe she'll find huge fame as a TV and movie director and won't even bother making two-moth visits anymore.

I love Robin but fortunately I'm one of the few who doesn't hate Patrick and Sabrina so I'm not as depressed as a lot of General Hospital fans are today (sorry, guys!).

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm okay with this since it's McCullough's decision. I'm grateful for the awesome story that was Robin's faked death. I enjoyed pretty much every minute of it. It was such a great classic soap story all the way up to the big reveal in front of a packed set.

I bet the loved one that sends Robin out of Port Charles will be Robert.

I'm also not upset that this will probably lead Patrick back to Sabrina. Like McCullough said, the show wants to keep him around as Patrick, so Patrick must move on from Robin, sadly. I think people would be more upset if Robin was recast, just to let Robin and Patrick stay together. I think we can all agree NOBODY wants that.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply