Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kim McCullough exit; Daytime Confidential interview
Topic Started: Jan 19 2014, 11:52 PM (4,073 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

Patrick can move on, but does it have to be with Sabrina? My issue is with the character.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

LPS
Jan 19 2014, 11:58 PM
Please don't tell me she will be the Jeff Branson of GH.
Nah, more like Eden Rigel. :eyeroll:

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Kimberly McCullough just needs to leave for good if she doesn't want to stay on a longterm basis. GH should've just re-cast Robin. I love Kimberly as Robin, but after a year's absence, the role could've and should've been recast. C'mon GH get some balls and re-cast. Most people do NOT like Patrick with Sabrina, a recent Soap Opera Digest poll proved that.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

In my opinion, Frank V should have never brought back KMC as Robin in the first place if KMC couldn't commit to GH in the long term. I love KMC as Robin, but at the same time, its not fair to the Scrubs fans like myself to get our hopes up & then it breaks like nothing will happen. GH put so much hype into Patrick/Robin reunion and it was great but now, it feels like the hype was just for ratings and as a viewer that I am, it is disappointing and feel cheated.

First GF & now, KMC. GH's FV needs to do a better job when dealing with these kinds of stuff because at the end, its the fans who get the unfairness!

granolagirl
Member Avatar
Not here for St. Jack of the Immaculate Redemption

What I felt was a bait and switch was spending so long on the build up to Patrick and Sabrina with him pining for Robin. If they weren't going to have Robin's return just shatter Patrick and Sabrina, I would rather have seen them stronger and more developed before Robin got to town. It was like the halves of two different stories slapped together.

I'm glad Robin is alive and Emma knows that, though. I don't regret that... at least not yet. :p

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

What was the purpose of her coming back? for RC to destroy scrubs for his precious Patrina? She should have never came back imo.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Kevin_Buchanan
Jan 20 2014, 10:25 PM
Kimberly McCullough just needs to leave for good if she doesn't want to stay on a longterm basis. GH should've just re-cast Robin. I love Kimberly as Robin, but after a year's absence, the role could've and should've been recast. C'mon GH get some balls and re-cast. Most people do NOT like Patrick with Sabrina, a recent Soap Opera Digest poll proved that.
Did you pick up the new ABC Soaps in Depth?

Patrick and Sabrina are the No. 1 couple. I know you mentioned a different publication but Patrick and Sabrina outranked Liz & Nikolas (No. 2) and Lily & Cane (No. 3).

In fact, they have been No. 1 for several weeks.

livelikemusic
Member Avatar

What was the point of bringing her back, then?

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Renegade_Killerbee
Jan 21 2014, 12:22 PM
Kevin_Buchanan
Jan 20 2014, 10:25 PM
Did you pick up the new ABC Soaps in Depth?

Patrick and Sabrina are the No. 1 couple. I know you mentioned a different publication but Patrick and Sabrina outranked Liz & Nikolas (No. 2) and Lily & Cane (No. 3).

In fact, they have been No. 1 for several weeks.
This is why the mag polls are pretty worthless. One fan group sets up camp next to a mailbox and spams one poll, another sets a bot loose on another. I think all it means is that Patrick and Sabrina do have a core of dedicated fans. I've seen them on the boards. I don't think it necessarily means they are wildly popular in general, though. And right now, I think a lot of Scrubs fans have seen the writing on the wall, and know the campaigning is pointless, which is not the case for Patrina fans.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Sonny_BrendaFan
Jan 21 2014, 09:06 AM
What was the purpose of her coming back? for RC to destroy scrubs for his precious Patrina? She should have never came back imo.
Yep, it pretty much sounds like Robin will be tossed under the bus for Patrick and Sabrina. I really wish that she wouldn't have come back if that's what they are doing. With RC writing, I figure she'll get the Marty Saybrook or Brody Lovett treatment. If you watched OLTL, you know that these characters were hacked to pieces for RC's pets.

thepadange

One more interview:
http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/general-hospitals-kimberly-mccullough-speaks-on-the-emotional-scenes-during-robins-return-her-upcoming-exit-from-the-series/2014/01/21/#more-69425
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

WTF... why even bring her back??? I hate when people do that shit! It's beyond frustrating as a viewer!

Anon

Do not continue reading if you don't like spoilers.
Spoiler: click to toggle

granolagirl
Member Avatar

I keep reading spumors that
Epically stupid, IMO.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Nate
Jan 20 2014, 10:24 PM
LPS
Jan 19 2014, 11:58 PM
Please don't tell me she will be the Jeff Branson of GH.
Nah, more like Eden Rigel. :eyeroll:
I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE/BANNER THINGIE, NATE!

I'm actually going to tune back into Days of Our Lives just because of Kassie.

I quite watching in 1987 after watching for ten years.

Ashley1
Member Avatar

salempc
Jan 20 2014, 11:11 AM
I love KMc & Robin, but given that Kim's heart lies elsewhere, I would have preferred that Robin died, permanently.
Same here. At this point I hope she never returns and I am certainly not going to be watching Patrina.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

If Patrick and Sabrina reunite. I hope Jason Thompson ends up leaving GH. I know after over 30 years of watching, I'll quit watching, or I'll just fast forward all of the Patrick, Sabrina, Felix scenes. This show needs to be rid of people like Sabrina, Felix, Kiki, Silas & Franco!

LPS
Member Avatar

Anon
Jan 29 2014, 12:44 PM
Do not continue reading if you don't like spoilers.
I bet that was made up by some Muhney fans. They've been campaigning to get him on GH.

daniellovesjennifer

I had a feeling that Robin only came back to finish out her storyline!...I am not disappointed because I love Patrick and Sabrina, and hope they reunite!

Judy

monicasblueangel
Member Avatar

I like both Patrina and Scrubs but I don't like the way this all went down. I'll have to see IF Patrina reunite and how that is handled be4 I'm back on the band wagon again. I am sick of being tortured by this story line. Enough already. Wrap it up and move on please!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply