Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Justin Gaston set to join cast in February; Update: Jordan's brother
Topic Started: Jan 20 2014, 12:44 AM (7,818 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Posted Image

JUSTIN GASTON SET TO JOIN "DAYS" IN FEBRUARY

Justin Gaston joins the cast of "Days of Our Lives" in late-February in a yet-to-be-announced role. With Gaston's background as a singer and guitar player, odds are he might be playing the role of Ben, which a casting notice went out for way back in June 2013, and whose name has already been spotted on a May 2014 script seen in the Jen Lilley/Meredith Scott Lynn "Days" rap video.

If Gaston is indeed Ben, this is how the casting notice from June 2013 described the character: "Ben is in his early-to-mid 20s, a midwestern or southern (very slight southern accent) country boy. He is utterly charming in his honest sincere approach to life and love. Ben can also sing and/or play the guitar, though it is not necessary. The role is a contract role."

Gaston started his career as a model and first came into the spotlight in 2008, when he appeared as a contestant on the reality show "Nashville Star." You can watch his performances on that show of "Hey There Delilah" and "Drops of Jupiter" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzqTWukuxMs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LS51vdYU08

Also in 2008, Gaston appeared as a guitar player on "Hannah Montana", where he met and briefly dated the star of that show, Miley Cyrus. In 2009, he appeared as a football player on the pilot episode of "Glee." In 2010, he appeared on the Hulu web-series "If I Can Dream", which focused on round-the-clock coverage of the daily lives of Gaston and other aspiring stars. He also was the opening act for "American Idol" winner Kris Allen. More recently, he has appeared in the film "Game Change" and made appearances on the TV series "Single Ladies" and "The Client List." On September 22, 2012, Gaston married "The Young and the Restless" actress Melissa Ordway. Justin Michael Gaston, 25, was born on August 12, 1988 in Pineville, Louisiana.
Edited by Jason47, Jan 20 2014, 12:44 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

I love when you break news, Jason.

He's HAWT! Hopefully, he's a good actor. He had like two lines in Game Change, so I have no idea. Casting department did great with CMo and GW - hopefully they're on a roll.

So glad they added to the 20-something group - it was definitely needed.

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

Sorry for stupid question but I assume joins cast in Feb means he will start filming in Feb right? So his scenes won't appear until May?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jason47
Member Avatar

Tripp
Jan 20 2014, 01:00 AM
Sorry for stupid question but I assume joins cast in Feb means he will start filming in Feb right? So his scenes won't appear until May?
He'll be debuting on the show in episodes airing at the end of next month, February. I try to keep my casting reveals close to the person's on-air debut date. Also, someone who starts taping in February would not debut on-air until possibly July (not May)!
Edited by Jason47, Jan 20 2014, 01:13 AM.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

He's cute but... um... pitchy.

Maybe they'll let Casey Moss do the singing instead.

freedom

Wonder if he's for Abby?

Dreamy
Member Avatar

He's cute. Looking forward to seeing him on DAYS!
Edited by Dreamy, Jan 20 2014, 03:26 AM.

jwsel
Member Avatar

Since the casting sides for Ben sounded like they were setting him up with Abby, I doubt I will get my wish that the character will be the son of Scotty Banning and Faith Taylor. It would fit perfectly since Faith was a singer from a south and it would be nice to have another Horton male in the 20+ age range.

camera shy

I think he's either for Abby or Theresa or someone who'll cause angst for Wilson considering his age. He could also be Jordan's brother.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

He's cute and very easy on eyes...and I love a southern accent. Hopefully he's just as good- and that the casting department has found someone with the talents as CMo & GW has.

And his first air date is soon!

Thanks Jason!

tylerbo20

Jason any fan faves headed back to Salem soon??

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I did a set tour in mid November with some friends. They all saw a cast member who none of them recognized. (I unfortunately had my back turned and didn't even get a glimpse!) As soon as they saw a picture of Justin Gaston, they confirmed that he was the actor they saw.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jan 20 2014, 04:24 AM
I think he's either for Abby or Theresa or someone who'll cause angst for Wilson considering his age. He could also be Jordan's brother.
I'm going to guess Abby based on the audition tape we saw. Plus, that would explain why KM was talking about the Ejabby storyline in the past tense in a DOD interview.

Awinkandasmile

I'm glad they are bringing in a new young male. He's cute, and if he sings then maybe he'll be working with JJ also. I was really hoping they would bring back Andrew Donovan to pair with Abby, there would have been great potential for drama and conflict already built in the situation. Teresa sure could use someone in Salem that could help give her some depth.

phloe3

He was on a May script, so he must be sticking around

salempc
Member Avatar

I'm sure Ben will be Abby's Emilio.

BradyB

Hoping he is not Andrew going by a different name!!!!

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Dated Miley,well he has questionable taste in women,I hope he can act.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

This joker annoyed me so much when he was shacking up with Miley and Billy Ray! At least he's pretty!

presley cat
Member Avatar

CRAP!!! With those eyebrows he could be another Hernandi.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply