Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Justin Gaston set to join cast in February; Update: Jordan's brother
Topic Started: Jan 20 2014, 12:44 AM (7,915 Views)
DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

Some Jack and Jennifer and Emilio scenes:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Yeah, see this Ben make perhaps EJ jealous if they go that direction.

LOL, those videos brought back some memories of Jack's fanatic character - and I didn't even watch the show then. Not sure I was born. =) Man, I miss Jack. Wish he would be back.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pookie
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Jan 20 2014, 11:45 AM
This joker annoyed me so much when he was shacking up with Miley and Billy Ray! At least he's pretty!
He was annoying on the "If I Can Dream" reality series too. I am NOT looking forward to this.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I hope he's a better actor than his wife.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

Wow...he's cute. They do need some guys in the 20's age bracket, though.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Hologram
Jan 20 2014, 12:58 PM
Some Jack and Jennifer and Emilio scenes:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Yeah, see this Ben make perhaps EJ jealous if they go that direction.

LOL, those videos brought back some memories of Jack's fanatic character - and I didn't even watch the show then. Not sure I was born. =) Man, I miss Jack. Wish he would be back.

salempc
Jan 20 2014, 10:02 AM
I'm sure Ben will be Abby's Emilio.

I couldn't be more excited. This really shows investment in Ejabby. I'm so glad they won't be slapped together with no real story. That kind of treatment spells a short life span and a quick demise.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar
Make EJ/Abby happen, DAYS!

We DO need actors in the 20 range, but what annoys me though is that we already have actors in the 20 range. Why can't they make T and Rory regulars? I'd be much more excited to see them more, than this guy.

I know nothing of his acting, but he really annoyed me in his Miley Cyrus years, and on the show "If I Can Dream".

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 20 2014, 04:50 PM
We DO need actors in the 20 range, but what annoys me though is that we already have actors in the 20 range. Why can't they make T and Rory regulars? I'd be much more excited to see them more, than this guy.

I know nothing of his acting, but he really annoyed me in his Miley Cyrus years, and on the show "If I Can Dream".
I agree on T. Rory's a little young though since he's still in HS and they really need guys more in their mid-20s.

Don't really care about his real-life personality since he'll obviously be playing a character. I mean, there's a ton of characters I like and then I hear an interview with the person that plays them and I think what a douche, LOL. Doesn't keep me from enjoying the character though. I'm just hoping he's a good actor.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 20 2014, 05:12 PM
NocturnalBlondie

I agree on T. Rory's a little young though since he's still in HS and they really need guys more in their mid-20s.

Don't really care about his real-life personality since he'll obviously be playing a character. I mean, there's a ton of characters I like and then I hear an interview with the person that plays them and I think what a douche, LOL. Doesn't keep me from enjoying the character though. I'm just hoping he's a good actor.
I'm not commenting on that saying it will influence my enjoyment of his character, I'm just saying I'm not fond of him personally. I've never seen him act, so I don't have an opinion on that yet.

I'm just annoyed in general about the latest casting decisions - e.g. Aiden, Ben... why can't they use what they already have instead? I just think it's a waste of time and money, when they already had/have Sean Douglas, Brendan Coughlan and Kevin Riggin. These actors are already popular with fans, and could have fit into the roles they came to cast anyway. I just find the whole thing stupid. Maybe I'll end up enjoying Daniel Cosgrove and Justin Gaston, but nothing against them, as of now, I don't think they were needed. Maybe I'll change my tune... maybe not.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

NocturnalBlondie
Jan 20 2014, 05:47 PM
tomsawyer
NocturnalBlondie

I'm not commenting on that saying it will influence my enjoyment of his character, I'm just saying I'm not fond of him personally. I've never seen him act, so I don't have an opinion on that yet.

I'm just annoyed in general about the latest casting decisions - e.g. Aiden, Ben... why can't they use what they already have instead? I just think it's a waste of time and money, when they already had/have Sean Douglas, Brendan Coughlan and Kevin Riggin. These actors are already popular with fans, and could have fit into the roles they came to cast anyway. I just find the whole thing stupid. Maybe I'll end up enjoying Daniel Cosgrove and Justin Gaston, but nothing against them, as of now, I don't think they were needed. Maybe I'll change my tune... maybe not.
Even with the addition of Justin, they should still add BC as a contract player. And they should cast another 20-something female too. Then, we'd have two straight guys, two straight girls and two gay guys in the 20s set. That sounds about right to me.

NocturnalBlondie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 20 2014, 05:53 PM
NocturnalBlondie
tomsawyer
NocturnalBlondie

Even with the addition of Justin, they should still add BC as a contract player. And they should cast another 20-something female too. Then, we'd have two straight guys, two straight girls and two gay guys in the 20s set. That sounds about right to me.
And I don't disagree with that, I just think the show already has what they need. Integrate T, Rory and Bev...

But that's just me.

Pookie
Member Avatar

tomsawyer

Don't hold your breath.

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

I think like some on SON, that Justin might just be a new Chad DiMera. Would make sense to have Chad back now that Abigail's been screwing EJ!

Will&Sonny

NocturnalBlondie
tomsawyer
NocturnalBlondie

While I don't entirely disagree with your general "use what you already have" sentiment (although I think that Rory and T already get a fair amount of airtime, despite the fact that they're "just" recurring), the bolded isn't really true.

Vargas could not have fit the casting call for Aiden, a father of a young child, nor could he have fit the casting call for Liam, a pharmaceutical representative. We already know who Vargas is -- an ex-con who was in prison for too many years to have a child who is Ciara's age. A stronger case can be made for T fitting the casting call for Ben (he obviously could not have fit the casting calls for Aiden or Liam, and Rory is too young to fit any of the three casting calls), but it would still be a pretty big stretch for T to suddenly develop a country-western persona and singing aspirations that we've never heard about in the several years that he has been on the show. In all of those cases, storyline plans would have had to change entirely in order for those established characters to fit into them.

New characters are just as important to a daytime show as established ones. I completely agree that it would be nice to see some established characters return (and not just ones we've seen in recent years, like Carrie and Austin or, less recently [but still fairly recently, all things considered], Shawn and Belle, but also ones who haven't been seen since they were kids, like Sonny's brothers), but that doesn't mean that characters like Ben, Aiden, and Liam aren't equally necessary.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jan 21 2014, 05:09 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

freedom

Does anyone else think it's weird that he's not following anyone else from Days? Not even the nbcdays account?

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

freedom
Jan 27 2014, 01:28 AM
Does anyone else think it's weird that he's not following anyone else from Days? Not even the nbcdays account?
Maybe he's playing it smart and not following anyone until his debut. If he's supposed to be keeping it quiet, following those accounts is usually the first dead giveaway. Looking at you, Jade Harlow and KDP (to a lesser extent).

BeeBee
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
NocturnalBlondie

If I like an actor/actress I never watch their interviews for just that reason.There are some movies I used to love but can no longer bear to watch because of an interview given by one of the actors/actresses.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

ugh..about a month waiting for him to be onscreen..

concerned
Member Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xg3vE8Ie_E&list=PL9A87FF47F2FC3793

This one??

nananana7

concerned
Feb 2 2014, 08:18 PM

That's him.

Here's info about the Taylor Swift video you posted, and why she chose him:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2008/10/whos-that-romeo.html

concerned
Member Avatar

I feel this may be a positive direction for the show to go.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply