Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ALI SWEENEY LEAVING DAYS!; *FIRST POST UPDATED with SOD summary*
Topic Started: Jan 21 2014, 12:22 AM (48,876 Views)
jayhawk
Member Avatar

Alison Sweeney leaving 'Days of Our Lives,' says Sami Brady 'probably deserves' 'Breaking Bad'-style ending

After 21 years playing the sometimes-villainous, sometimes-heroic Sami Brady on "Days of Our Lives," "Biggest Loser" host Alison Sweeney tells "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" that it's time to say goodbye.

"I decided that it's going to be my last year with the show," says Sweeney. " ... I've been on 'Days of Our Lives' since I was 16 years old and I have never had more than a two-week vacation in that whole time. I mean, it's so awesome. I love Sami, I love Salem, I love my job, I love daytime, I love the fans, I love everything about it."

"[But] my daughter just turned five and my son is nine and I just want to be with them and enjoy my last year," Sweeney continues. "I'm going to be on 'Days' all this year. ... We don't have a specific time yet [for when I'm leaving], but I'm going to be on all this year and we'll see what happens."

As for the ending, Sweeney says that while she thinks it would be awesome to have "some kind of happy ending," she also thinks Sami "probably deserves some sort of very twisted, like 'Breaking Bad' ending."

"Well, she's caused a lot of people a lot of problems," says Sweeney. " ... Sami has certainly caused her fair share of drama over the last 21 years."

How do you think Sami should be sent off, "Days of Our Lives" fans?

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/01/alison-sweeney-leaving-days-of-our-lives-says-sami-brady-probably-deserves-breaking-bad-style-ending.html

SOD Interview Summary:

The new Soap Digest features an interview with Ali Sweeney. Ali says that she's thought about leaving for a long time, since it's exhausting to do two jobs. She says that it's "time for me to make some changes and try something new away from Salem." She wants to take a break from the intensity of Days. SOD asked her if she'd go back to direct, and she said yes, she would and she hopes they ask her. She wants to spend more time with her kids as well.

She says she knew for sure in November that she was leaving, so she told Ken Corday then. She praises Corday for his management style and how he handled the conversation. He told her the door is always open for her return.

She will finish taping at the end of May, but she will be on for almost all of 2014. Last of all, she thanks the fans and hopes they understand her decision.

Check out the latest Digest for many more details in this five page article!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar

Oh my god. Saw this on twitter and was about to post it.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

So she's leaving, but she's not really leaving....at least not yet?! huh?!

(& for the record, Ali, you're not the only person sad you didn't get more than 2 weeks of vacation at a time. Maybe if Sami had gotten backburned like every other character, there would've been longer vacations.)

Nicole Walker

She said this will be her last year. I can't wait! Please let it be your last year or if you come back then come back in 10 years.

greeneyedgirl
Member Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOOOO :( SO SAD

AllmyDaysatGh
Member Avatar

OMG :(:(:(:(:( NO!!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 21 2014, 12:28 AM

(& for the record, Ali, you're not the only person sad you didn't get more than 2 weeks of vacation at a time. Maybe if Sami had gotten backburned like every other character, there would've been longer vacations.)
She said this is her last year. Her contract ends at the end of this year.

Nate
Member Avatar

Why does all DAYS news get leaked around 1am?

Sindacco
Member Avatar

YES!

lysie
Member Avatar

Earlier in the daily thread I said that I couldn't imagine what would ever make me watch this show regularly again. I now know the answer to that question.

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

OMG. OMG.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Aw, I'll miss Sami. Sure she's annoying a lot of this time, but I usually find her entertaining.

Good luck to AS.

SaveDaysNow

jayhawk
Jan 21 2014, 12:22 AM
Alison Sweeney leaving 'Days of Our Lives,' says Sami Brady 'probably deserves' 'Breaking Bad'-style ending

After 21 years playing the sometimes-villainous, sometimes-heroic Sami Brady on "Days of Our Lives," "Biggest Loser" host Alison Sweeney tells "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" that it's time to say goodbye.

"I decided that it's going to be my last year with the show," says Sweeney. " ... I've been on 'Days of Our Lives' since I was 16 years old and I have never had more than a two-week vacation in that whole time. I mean, it's so awesome. I love Sami, I love Salem, I love my job, I love daytime, I love the fans, I love everything about it."

"[But] my daughter just turned five and my son is nine and I just want to be with them and enjoy my last year," Sweeney continues. "I'm going to be on 'Days' all this year. ... We don't have a specific time yet [for when I'm leaving], but I'm going to be on all this year and we'll see what happens."

As for the ending, Sweeney says that while she thinks it would be awesome to have "some kind of happy ending," she also thinks Sami "probably deserves some sort of very twisted, like 'Breaking Bad' ending."

"Well, she's caused a lot of people a lot of problems," says Sweeney. " ... Sami has certainly caused her fair share of drama over the last 21 years."

How do you think Sami should be sent off, "Days of Our Lives" fans?

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2014/01/alison-sweeney-leaving-days-of-our-lives-says-sami-brady-probably-deserves-breaking-bad-style-ending.html
OMG. I thought I was replying to the ELLEN post when I wrote. Didn't even see this was a different thread! My dream come true!
Wow.

Ellie

Sindacco
Jan 21 2014, 12:30 AM
YES!
Exactly. Buh-Bye! :smile:

MojoMissy
Member Avatar

I cannot WAIT to read Mitch's reaction to this!

AmbernOK
Member Avatar

Omg!! Ali is leaving Days!!?!? I was 10 when she came on the show!! I can't imagine the show without her and NOW I WANT HER HAPPY ENDING WITH LUCAS!! Long live Lumi!!

DaniBlondy
Member Avatar

Here's a Youtube Interview of Ali on the Show :)

http://youtu.be/etCRBkFnY-A

Tibi
Member Avatar

OMG! Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus!

Ellie

Anyway, if she's on "all this year", sounds like this year probably extends past September.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

lysie
Jan 21 2014, 12:30 AM
Supergirlx2
Jan 21 2014, 12:28 AM

She said this is her last year. Her contract ends at the end of this year.
"end of year" as in December? That would have Sami airing until May Sweeps of 2015!

I got to thinking. If she's talking about staying until the end of the year & then seeing what happens, then she must (at the very least) be under the assumption that Days is getting renewed.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply