Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ALI SWEENEY LEAVING DAYS!; *FIRST POST UPDATED with SOD summary*
Topic Started: Jan 21 2014, 12:22 AM (50,150 Views)
Nicole Walker

She looks great with that dark hair. She should keep it like that. Look, I got nothing against her but I hate Sami and I'm happy the character will be gone. I needed a break. Good luck Sweeney.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nickyj12345
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Posted Image

lysie
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jan 21 2014, 12:37 AM
lysie
Jan 21 2014, 12:30 AM
Supergirlx2
Jan 21 2014, 12:28 AM
So she's leaving, but she's not really leaving....at least not yet?! huh?!

(& for the record, Ali, you're not the only person sad you didn't get more than 2 weeks of vacation at a time. Maybe if Sami had gotten backburned like every other character, there would've been longer vacations.)
She said this is her last year. Her contract ends at the end of this year.
"end of year" as in December? That would have Sami airing until May Sweeps of 2015!

I got to thinking. If she's talking about staying until the end of the year & then seeing what happens, then she must (at the very least) be under the assumption that Days is getting renewed.
That's when her contract ends. Whether she'll film until then or just air until then, I guess we'll see.

DeeDee Barone
Member Avatar

They'll need to recast - Alison has gotten tiresome but the character of Sami should stay in Salem.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

Wow. Fandom explosion starts.... oops, already started.

Best wishes to AS. Also, her daughter is a cutie.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Nicole Walker
She looks great with that dark hair. She should keep it like that. Look, I got nothing against her but I hate Sami and I'm happy the character will be gone. I needed a break. Good luck Sweeney.
That bolded part summarizes my feelings perfectly. Maybe if Sami hadn't been so constantly shoved in our faces, I'd actually be sad to see her leave. I can't fault her for wanting to spend more time with her kids (of course, she could've asked for lower guarantees so as to not be working so much, but that's a mute point).

SunAngel
Member Avatar

Wow. I know Sami is hated a lot around here, but it will be really weird to not have her around. She's been a staple on this show for so long! This is a quite big loss, though they will probably start building the show around Nicole now which I don't mind at all.
Edited by SunAngel, Jan 21 2014, 12:42 AM.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

DeeDee Barone
Jan 21 2014, 12:38 AM
They'll need to recast - Alison has gotten tiresome but the character of Sami should stay in Salem.
I don't know, I can't imagine a Sami recast. For good or for bad, AS is that character.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

somuchwhatever
Jan 21 2014, 12:40 AM
Wow. Fandom explosion starts.... oops, already started.

Best wishes to AS. Also, her daughter is a cutie.
from the few pics i've seen, her daughter looks like a mini-me.

Rick
Member Avatar
Dreamlander

I will miss Sami, but Sweeney's salary alone could probably bring back 2-3 other characters. I would imagine she's the highest paid actress on the show.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I watched DAYS long before Sami Brady. I'll watch it long after.

This is freaking like a Christmas Miracle in January.

I vote for a "Who Killed Sami?" ending (but with a epilogue that shows her not quite as dead as everyone thinks).

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

tomsawyer
Jan 21 2014, 12:43 AM
DeeDee Barone
I don't know, I can't imagine a Sami recast. For good or for bad, AS is that character.
I agree. I haven't been a fan of Sami in a long time, but I can't see someone else playing the role.

I can't say that I am too upset about this, but I am surprised! I figured she would stay until the show ended.

JamaicanBeauty7
Member Avatar

This is some bullshit. Wait, didn't I say this the last time I was here?

Yep, still applies.

cord08

Well, technically, Days hasn't been renewed yet. So, who knows? There may not really be that much left to air when AS/Sami leaves. Maybe that's part of the reason she feels okay with leaving soon.
Edited by cord08, Jan 21 2014, 12:47 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

She says that she'll be on all this year, but doesn't say she'll film all this year. Her contract isn't up until December, but I wonder if she'll only film up until that point.

SunAngel
Member Avatar

DeeDee Barone
Even if they end up recasting (which they eventually should), they'll have to give the character a long break, at least a year off screen, before they consider going there.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

I'm surprise she's not going to stick it out for the 50.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
lysie
Jan 21 2014, 12:30 AM
Supergirlx2
Jan 21 2014, 12:28 AM
So she's leaving, but she's not really leaving....at least not yet?! huh?!

(& for the record, Ali, you're not the only person sad you didn't get more than 2 weeks of vacation at a time. Maybe if Sami had gotten backburned like every other character, there would've been longer vacations.)
She said this is her last year. Her contract ends at the end of this year.
"end of year" as in December? That would have Sami airing until May Sweeps of 2015!

I got to thinking. If she's talking about staying until the end of the year & then seeing what happens, then she must (at the very least) be under the assumption that Days is getting renewed.
If the show is renewed and Ali tapes until the end of December (which is when her contract ends), she could possibly air into June 2015. Her contract cycles are basically January-March, April-June, July-September, October-December, so her last month with the show would be more likely to be in September (airing until Feb 2015 sweeps) or December (airing until May 2015 sweeps or a few weeks into June 2015).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Matt
Jan 21 2014, 12:45 AM
I watched DAYS long before Sami Brady. I'll watch it long after.

This is freaking like a Christmas Miracle in January.

I vote for a "Who Killed Sami?" ending (but with a epilogue that shows her not quite as dead as everyone thinks).

Yep. I'm gonna rubber stamp this common sense. Days is an ensemble. That's why I watch. And will be watching.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

For all the ups & downs, I think I'll miss Sami Brady.

I can't believe that Alison is really leaving but I wish her well.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply