Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ALI SWEENEY LEAVING DAYS!; *FIRST POST UPDATED with SOD summary*
Topic Started: Jan 21 2014, 12:22 AM (48,819 Views)
DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Nikki

crookedhalo
Jan 24 2014, 05:59 PM
SaveDaysNow
Jan 24 2014, 05:51 PM
crookedhalo
Jan 24 2014, 05:46 PM
SaveDaysNow
Jan 24 2014, 05:42 PM
If AS is only taping until the end of May, that is only 4 months of her working on set even if she's airing through the end of the year. And if TPTB were planning to have her ride off into the sun with EJ or Lucas or whomever, they would have to be writing that whole storyline now. Given that we have yet to see the fallout from EJ's cheating, I'd be surprised if they reconcile anytime before she leaves the show. Sami wouldn't forgive EJ cheating that quickly. No way, no how.

And I don't doubt TPTB are seeing the response to EJabby and considering how to incorporate that triangle through the rest of this year. . .
taping til May but their about 5,6 mths ahead.
Even if they are 5-6 months ahead, I still don't think Sami (if written true to character) would forgive EJ so quickly. His cheating has got to sting badly. And if AS just gave notice in November, than Ejabby was something in the mix even before AS decided to leave. I will be curious how they handle Sami's exit.

If Sami doesn't die, I hope she decides to leave town with Lucas, who was the ONLY love interest would made her tolerable.
I want her to leave with nobody. They seemed to have proved her formers don't need her. I want Lucas & EJ tp stay, and if Sami is killed let her be shot by Bernardi's widow or something. No slow blubbering dying, put her in jail or something else.

When Sami first started and moved on to moves like Stan and further on to her reconnection to Lucas, I liked the character. She seemed like a strong woman, but "sometime" after "some scene" they tore down her character and left her, with a weak blubbering stupid woman. I'm done with Sami and have been done with Sami. I liked her with Safe only because of Rafe, and I've discovered that, even the Sami then seemed weak and unfemale strong.

Good luck to Alison Sweeney!
I won't miss Sami Brady!
I enjoyed Sami from day 1 all the way until she came back from the safehouse. I don't know what happened, but after she came home from WP, she seemed SO different. I think that was when I noticed them trying to write her as Carrie-Lite. I did enjoy at least something from each of her pairings over the years, Brami being my fave. (Except Austin. I liked her trying to GET Austin, but hated them as a couple.)

As for EJ, Rafe & Lucas, I want them to stay. I don't want any of them leaving with or because of AS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SaveDaysNow

Spencer Hastings
Jan 25 2014, 12:31 AM
I hate to say it, but I really think that if Sami leaves with anyone, it'll be Lucas. It seems as if Jade Harlow's stint is a short one, unfortunately, and like they'll be putting the brakes on Lush sooner or later. Bryan is recurring and it'll be easier to just usher him out with Sami if need be. Lucas is the only person I can stand her with, but I don't know if I'm willing to sacrifice Bryan for it.
I like the idea that someone had of LUMI reconciling BEFORE Sami dies a glorious death.

I want LUMI to be end game. Lucas is the only man who really LOVE Sami. . the real Sami, not the idealized one. And that's why he makes her better and a more tolerable character.

At one point long ago, I was a LUMI fan. But now I just despise Sami with the power of 10,000 suns.

Hope TPTB make it right for long term fans--the ones who saw Lumi from the beginning--and let her die in Lucas' arms.

Mouse Mom

Here is my idea, Sami finds out about EJabby. She goes nuts, and tries to run down Abby, but, Gabby pushes Abby out of the way just in time, but gets run over herself and dies. Half of Salem sees the killing. Sami puts the car in reverse and drives away, and keeps driving. It is revealed that Sami is the one that actually ran over Ari also meaning she killed the two sisters by running over them. Sami goes to prison and is shanked by Bernardi's widow and dies in the prison clinic.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

Days will be throwing away a golden opportunity if they don't kill Sami off in specTACular fashion. Let's face it, there's always a chance to bring her back at a later date - but they could & should take advantage of this to provide some huge soapy drama by giving us either a death by natural causes surrounded by her loved ones...well...the ones that tolerate her at least, or a death by murder & give us a nice who-dunnit with some good character changing stuff. EJ could go completely back to the Dark side - where he belongs. Rafe could tweeze, Lucas could take the kids & get his own place. Roman could enunciate. Eric could do some soul-searching & realize he wants to be with Nicole AND still honor God. Marlena could reflect back on the loss of DJ and Sam & give us some good flashbacks... There is a lot of room for GOOD for the show to come of Ali leaving.

Serenity 808

I may be in the minority, but I don't want Sami to die. I'd rather she just go nuts after the EJabby affair, wreaks havoc, and eventually leaves the canvas by herself. Getting sent off with an over-the-top, sappy death story doesn't seem very Sami Brady-ish, either- that's more fitting for a heroine.

The idea of Lumi reuniting is tempting, but the writers had their chance in 2012 and blew it, and there's not enough time to pair them. Plus, I'd prefer Bryan to remain with Days after Alison leaves because he's criminally underused.

outrageous
Member Avatar

I honestly don't think that Sami will die. There is no way that I can see that happen when AS clearly said that she'd like to come back on occasion.
I personally don't want her to be shipped off with anyone. I don't love or hate the character, and I don't think her character really belongs with anyone. Lumi is done IMO, young loves who moved on in different directions. There is no romantic connection anymore, just a nice friendship. Rafe should have never been IMO. And Ejami love each other but can't get past themselves. For those who have no agendas, Sami should just walk off by herself to maybe "find herself".

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Serenity 808
Jan 27 2014, 10:17 PM
I may be in the minority, but I don't want Sami to die. I'd rather she just go nuts after the EJabby affair, wreaks havoc, and eventually leaves the canvas by herself. Getting sent off with an over-the-top, sappy death story doesn't seem very Sami Brady-ish, either- that's more fitting for a heroine.

The idea of Lumi reuniting is tempting, but the writers had their chance in 2012 and blew it, and there's not enough time to pair them. Plus, I'd prefer Bryan to remain with Days after Alison leaves because he's criminally underused.
Most of those that want lumi end together when Alison leave it not about they ride off together it more like reunited and she "dies" and lucas deal the fallout which give Bryan plenty of material
After that.the idea of Sami just leave does not work because her small children.it either death or jail or leave with one the father of the kids or run from the law.I never got why lucas and samI called young love there met they were teen while they pair close to 30 and they had other pairings before they were pair

tylerbo20

Sami will probably remain in Salem just never seen like Mickey Horton was for so many years...

prufrock
Member Avatar

i grew up watching AS/Sami on Days and I'm sad to see her go, but I wish her the best of luck. I thank her for the years of entertainment she provided in all her years on days. Her presence will be missed, but hopefully not for too long, i.e. the 50th anniversary. Hopefully she gets a proper send off.

james0479
Member Avatar

DJsMommy
Jan 25 2014, 12:50 AM
crookedhalo
Jan 24 2014, 05:59 PM
SaveDaysNow
Jan 24 2014, 05:51 PM
crookedhalo
Jan 24 2014, 05:46 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Even if they are 5-6 months ahead, I still don't think Sami (if written true to character) would forgive EJ so quickly. His cheating has got to sting badly. And if AS just gave notice in November, than Ejabby was something in the mix even before AS decided to leave. I will be curious how they handle Sami's exit.

If Sami doesn't die, I hope she decides to leave town with Lucas, who was the ONLY love interest would made her tolerable.
I want her to leave with nobody. They seemed to have proved her formers don't need her. I want Lucas & EJ tp stay, and if Sami is killed let her be shot by Bernardi's widow or something. No slow blubbering dying, put her in jail or something else.

When Sami first started and moved on to moves like Stan and further on to her reconnection to Lucas, I liked the character. She seemed like a strong woman, but "sometime" after "some scene" they tore down her character and left her, with a weak blubbering stupid woman. I'm done with Sami and have been done with Sami. I liked her with Safe only because of Rafe, and I've discovered that, even the Sami then seemed weak and unfemale strong.

Good luck to Alison Sweeney!
I won't miss Sami Brady!
I enjoyed Sami from day 1 all the way until she came back from the safehouse. I don't know what happened, but after she came home from WP, she seemed SO different. I think that was when I noticed them trying to write her as Carrie-Lite. I did enjoy at least something from each of her pairings over the years, Brami being my fave. (Except Austin. I liked her trying to GET Austin, but hated them as a couple.)

As for EJ, Rafe & Lucas, I want them to stay. I don't want any of them leaving with or because of AS.
Carrie-Lite with occasional twitches of the real Sami is exactly how I'd describe her. Totally agree. I also don't want anyone to have to leave because AS is leaving and I don't see why they would as my thinking would say Days wouldn't want to get rid of any other big name (and we all know they think of Rafe as a big name too) while exiting AS. IF they did, it would be Lucas because we all know BD usually gets the shit end of the hourglass. But he's being utilized now and doing a fine job so I pray he sticks around.

james0479
Member Avatar

Also, as deliciously soapy silly as the Coven 3 and Nicks return is, yesterday as I was watching Sami...I actually got a little sad. Sure, Sami's character may not be what it should be in 2014 but there were so many different writers playing with the character and some things worked some things didn't...but AS showed up, at least. She's even said she wasn't happy with certain storylines, although she didn't say which ones....so the whole idea of AS having serious pull in the writing rooms seems ridiculous! She hasn't always brought her A-game but neither have I and I've only had my current job for three years. She's pulled 21. I salute Alison Sweeney and yea I'll even miss her some. So there. I said it. ;)

camera shy

I do see her leaving as some have suggested 'to find herself' even though she has children. I think she'll be devasted by EJ's betrayal with Abby and his constant lying about what he knew about Kristen. She'll say she needs some time alone and leave Johnny, Allie and Sydney with their fathers and say she'll send for them when she's feeling better. Marlena might even suggest she sees a psychologist and recommend a colleague of hers who lives outside of the country.

Sariah
Member Avatar

Is there any mention in the SOD article about whether or not they'll recast?

camera shy

Sariah
Jan 28 2014, 10:22 AM
Is there any mention in the SOD article about whether or not they'll recast?
Not from Days, but AS's husband brought it to her attention it might happen.

DayDreamer
Member Avatar
Fan of EJ+ABBY!

jendays
Jan 25 2014, 12:28 AM
I want Sami to go out with a BANG, leaving major havoc. I think they should have Sami do a JR Ewing. She knows she is dying and sets up her "murder" by Nick, EJ or Stefano. I think Kate will help her because Sami plans to leave her kids with Lucas. Sami will not want to leave the kids alone with the Dimeras especially after the whole Ejabby reveal. Kate would support that and even agree that Sami and Lucas should be secretly married to secure the future of the kids. I even think Lucas would marry Sami and sacrifice any relationship he is in if its for the kids. Plus he going to mad at EJ for cheating on Sami and screwing Abby. Obviously Sami and Kate would not tell Lucas about the "murder" setup. Then on top of all that if Sami and Kate could prove (real or fake evidence) the Johnny is Lucas's that would be another nail in EJ. Of course Lucas and Sami reconnect before she dies.

This will setup a huge Horton and DiMera rivalry and further storylines. Lucas becomes EJ's target. But Abby may be able to run interference between them. Just a thought.
Wow, that ploy would really turn EJ completely dark. I like it,.. and if that happens I hope Abby is at his side. That is some serious emotional knifes into EJ.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

camera shy
Jan 28 2014, 09:58 AM
I do see her leaving as some have suggested 'to find herself' even though she has children. I think she'll be devasted by EJ's betrayal with Abby and his constant lying about what he knew about Kristen. She'll say she needs some time alone and leave Johnny, Allie and Sydney with their fathers and say she'll send for them when she's feeling better. Marlena might even suggest she sees a psychologist and recommend a colleague of hers who lives outside of the country.
They should really write her having a nervous breakdown and they check her into a facility to treat the mentally ill.....seriously it would do wonders for her character.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

DayDreamer
Jan 28 2014, 10:41 AM
jendays
Jan 25 2014, 12:28 AM
I want Sami to go out with a BANG, leaving major havoc. I think they should have Sami do a JR Ewing. She knows she is dying and sets up her "murder" by Nick, EJ or Stefano. I think Kate will help her because Sami plans to leave her kids with Lucas. Sami will not want to leave the kids alone with the Dimeras especially after the whole Ejabby reveal. Kate would support that and even agree that Sami and Lucas should be secretly married to secure the future of the kids. I even think Lucas would marry Sami and sacrifice any relationship he is in if its for the kids. Plus he going to mad at EJ for cheating on Sami and screwing Abby. Obviously Sami and Kate would not tell Lucas about the "murder" setup. Then on top of all that if Sami and Kate could prove (real or fake evidence) the Johnny is Lucas's that would be another nail in EJ. Of course Lucas and Sami reconnect before she dies.

This will setup a huge Horton and DiMera rivalry and further storylines. Lucas becomes EJ's target. But Abby may be able to run interference between them. Just a thought.
Wow, that ploy would really turn EJ completely dark. I like it,.. and if that happens I hope Abby is at his side. That is some serious emotional knifes into EJ.
You know I wonder if the show will revisit Lumi's marriage....as it stands..Sami married Lucas Roberts...not Lucas Horton.....so there is also that. I really don't want to lose Bryan when AS leaves, that just pisses me off if it happens.

james0479
Member Avatar

I don't want a Sami recast for various reasons...one being the show could use a Sami break. But lets say they did recast the role. Who would you choose? What about Jensen Buchanon from the Another World days? It would be a different Sami. Lol. I honestly don't think they will recast and they'll leave the door open for a return for AS down the line.

Blondo87

I don't want a Sami recast I will never accept a Sami recast to me Alison Sweeney is Samantha Brady no one else am just saying

Bambi

Ellie
Jan 21 2014, 01:09 AM
So like, obviously she's not leaving to spend more time with her kids. She hasn't cared much about spending time with them in the past.

What are the possibilities?

1) NBC is giving her a new show and removing her from Days.

2) NBC is renewing Days but cutting funds which lowers Ali's salary enough that she wants/is forced to leave.

3) An entity other than NBC has pressured Days to cut Ali as a contingency of the (probable) renewal.

4) Ali has another career plan (movies?) and wants to leave.

Any other ideas? The fact that she mentions her kids makes it very clear to me that there's some other reason behind it.
Ever since she has been totally with Ej it has been boring its' hardly been a year since she thought she was getting back to Rafe,I think she was with Rafe 3 yrs, and she liked it.Maybe that turned her off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply