Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
TV Guide: Daytime Emmys Update: It's Going to Be a Real Race!
Topic Started: Jan 22 2014, 10:26 AM (2,306 Views)
thepadange

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Daytime-Emmys-All-My-Children-One-Life-To-Live-1076441.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

How was this even an issue, given that online shows compete with primetime shows for awards?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Because Venice, The Bay, etc. are not allowed to compete against the main 4. So it makes sense that AMC and OLTL had to get the okay to enter into those categories.

I'm glad for more competition. I hope some of the submitted reels start leaking soon. I would like to take a look so I can have a real opinion on who deserves what.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jan 22 2014, 04:16 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I still precict AMC/OLTL will get maybe 1 or 2 nominations combined or completely shut-out.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jan 22 2014, 04:21 PM
I still precict AMC/OLTL will get maybe 1 or 2 nominations combined or completely shut-out.
As far as the acting nominations go I don't think they will have a strong presence. Debbi Morgan had a nomination basically clinched, but she isn't submitting. Younger Actor and Actress is where they have very strong shots at multiple nominations and possibly wins.

Also some of the technical stuff and definitely set design.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Jan 22 2014, 04:38 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jan 22 2014, 04:21 PM
As far as the acting nominations go I don't think they will have a strong presence. Debbi Morgan had a nomination basically clinched, but she isn't submitting. Younger Actor and Actress is where they have very strong shots at multiple nominations and possibly wins.

Also some of the technical stuff and definitely set design.
I would say even in Younger they may get 2 combined or 1.

My prediction was only for the major categories, not overall. I am sure they will get some technical nominations.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think both AMC and OLTL will dominate when it comes to the Younger Actor and Actress categories. They had some serious talent on their casts, in comparison to the soaps still on network television.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jan 22 2014, 07:22 PM
I think both AMC and OLTL will dominate when it comes to the Younger Actor and Actress categories. They had some serious talent on their casts, in comparison to the soaps still on network television.
This is what I'm saying. They had stronger Younger Actor and Actress categories than the four major soaps put together, IMO. I was so annoyed at how they found these people but Days and GH couldn't find people in that age range. Denyse Tontz was perfect and would look like a star on either show. I find it hard to believe that she auditioned for those shows yet has never auditioned for a show that's on tv. Corbin Bleu too. There's plenty of others.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

DiMeraFan67
Jan 22 2014, 04:16 PM
Because Venice, The Bay, etc. are not allowed to compete against the main 4. So it makes sense that AMC and OLTL had to get the okay to enter into those categories.
That makes no logical sense to me. That's not against you, I just think the rules are a bit silly (full disclosure- my beef is actually with primetime letting Netflix stuff compete, so now I'm kind of...I crave consistency).

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Bored and its about -9 degrees outside right now so I'm gonna do my very early Pre-Nomination Predictions for the 2014 Daytime Emmys. Not knowing who submitted and what category and only knowing the reels of a couple actors made this based on what I know about everyone's body of work this year. The bias issue is that I am daily viewer of Days and GH (for the most part) and only watch Y&R for the big reveals/scenes and very rarely see any B&B. I still like to match my predictions against how things really turn out. I'll update if I see more reels, but I don't know if we will find out too many before the pre-noms are announced, unless more actors announce their submissions themselves. These are in order alphabetically so they aren't RANKED. Some of these are based on my preference mixed with how I know the voters always votes and who are the Emmy darlings.

**I excluded Jane Elliot because she never submits, although I hope the show submits her. And Debbi Morgan because she tweeted that she isn't submitting because she just wants to move on from the Prospect Park/AMC mess. I've also heard that Maura West won't be submitting, but I hope that isn't true. I included her in mine as a Supporting Actress. Tough call there.

YOUNGER ACTOR
1. Corbin Bleu, OLTL
2. Bryan Craig, GH
3. Casey Deidrick, DAYS
4. Chad Duell, GH
5. Max Ehrich, Y&R
6. Chandler Massey, DAYS
7. Casey Moss, DAYS
8. Eric Nelson, AMC
9. Freddie Smith, DAYS
10. Robert Scott Wilson, AMC

YOUNGER ACTRESS
1. Kristen Alderson, GH
2. Camila Banus, DAYS
3. Linsey Godfrey, B&B
4. Camryn Grimes, Y&R
5. Christel Khalil, Y&R
6. Hunter King, Y&R
7. Kate Mansi, DAYS
8. Kimberly Matula, B&B
9. Kelley Missal, OLTL
10. Denyse Tontz, AMC
***The Younger categories have a lot more competition this year. I counted both categories having between 20-30 eligible. Way more than last year when every person that submitted got a pre-nom.

SUPPORTING ACTOR
1. Bradford Anderson, GH
2. Blake Berris, DAYS
3. Darin Brooks, DAYS
4. Ian Buchanan, GH
5. Anders Hove, GH
6. Sean Kanan, GH
7. Billy Miller, Y&R
8. Greg Rikaart, Y&R
9. Greg Vaughan, DAYS
10. Dominic Zamprogna, GH
***If Anders Hove doesn't submit, which is very likely, I have Jacob Young (B&B) taking his spot. The supporting as usual, are by far the hardest categories to choose from.

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
1. Tracey Bregman, Y&R
2. Melissa Claire Egan, Y&R
3. Elizabeth Hendrickson, Y&R
4. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, B&B
5. Robin Mattson, GH
6. Rena Sofer, B&B
7. Kirsten Storms, GH
8. Jess Walton, Y&R
9. Maura West, GH
10. Arianne Zucker, DAYS
***If Maura West doesn't submit like I've already heard I have Julie Marie Berman (GH) getting the nod.

LEAD ACTOR
1. Maurice Benard, GH
2. Peter Bergman, Y&R
3. Eric Braeden, Y&R
4. Scott Clifton, B&B
5. Don Diamont, B&B
6. Anthony Geary, GH
7. Christian LeBlanc, Y&R
8. James Scott, DAYS
9. Jason Thompson, GH
10. Jerry verDorn, OLTL
11. Darnell Williams, AMC
***No Muhney. Obvious reasons. I do think he will still submit though.

LEAD ACTRESS
1. Eileen Davidson, DAYS
2. Finola Hughes, GH
3. Katherine Kelly Lang, B&B
4. Florencia Lozano, OLTL
5. Kelly Monaco, GH
6. Erika Slezak, OLTL
7. Michelle Stafford, Y&R
8. Alison Sweeney, DAYS
9. Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R
10. Heather Tom, B&B
11. Laura Wright, GH

OliveAnn

JMW could go Younger, too, if she has anything to submit that aired prior to her birthday in April last year. If not, then she'll have to go Supporting. Same with Deidrick and Mansi, because they both turned 26 halfway through the year (Mansi's IMDB page has her birth year wrong).

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

No way CD gets nominated....if he couldn't do it in the years he was on the show, he is not going to do it in the year he quit.

DAYS has too many other higher profile YA who will get the nod....CM and FS would get the nom ahead of CD.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jan 30 2014, 11:42 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jan 30 2014, 11:42 AM
No way CD gets nominated....if he couldn't do it in the years he was on the show, he is not going to do it in the year he quit.

DAYS has too many other higher profile YA who will get the nod....CM and FS would get the nom ahead of CD.
That's a pre-nom and he has gotten pre-nominated, including last year. B&B and Y&R hardly have any Younger Actors eligible.

ShaneDOOLFan

I could see Deidre submitting for Supporting Actress/Lead Actress

tylerbo20

she wont

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I don't see why not. She submitted in Lead Actress just last year and she has been on a lot more this year because of Kristen. Although she may be upset because she didn't finish in the top 11 out of 13.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Feb 6 2014, 07:09 PM.

Hugo
Member Avatar

Since Days of our Lives is the only soap I really watch (I know a little bit about Y&R and B&B too), I'm rooting for their actors to receive nominations: Eileen Davidson, Ari Zucker, Blake Berris, Greg Vaughan, James Scott, Freddie Smith, Casey Moss and maybe others. And it would be awesome if some of them could actually win!

I did some research and Days of our Lives only received 10 Emmys for acting performances over the years, it's a shame.
- Lead Actor (2): Macdonald Carey (1974,1975)
- Lead Actress (1): Susan Flannery (1975)
- Supporting Actor (0)
- Supporting Actress (3): Suzanne Rogers (1979), Leann Hunley (1986), Tamara Braun (2009)
- Younger Actor (4): Billy Warlock (1988), Darin Brooks (2009), Chandler Massey (2012,2013)
- Younger Actress (0)
Edited by Hugo, Feb 7 2014, 04:32 AM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Nelson Branco just posted all of the contenders and possibly their reels in his newest issue of his e-mag. I would never pay to support that jackass so...hint hint.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Still can't believe Tamara Braun won for that hideous creature Ava. Ugh.

Hilary
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Feb 7 2014, 04:22 PM
Still can't believe Tamara Braun won for that hideous creature Ava. Ugh.
Well, Ava was definitely a hideous creature, but Tamara played her really well (especially considering that TIIC kept changing their minds about who they wanted her to be), so I think her win was pretty fair.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply