Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: Cagayan (Brawn vs Brain vs Beauty); Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 23 2014, 03:28 AM (4,309 Views)
darraholic
Member Avatar

The Cast is up.

SOLANA Tribe (Beauty)

Posted Image

LUZON Tribe (Brains)

Posted Image

APARRI Tribe (Brawn)

Posted Image

Alexis

Posted Image

Brice

Posted Image

Jefra

Posted Image

Jeremiah

Posted Image

LJ

Posted Image

Morgan

Posted Image

Cliff

Posted Image

Lindsey

Posted Image

Sarah

Posted Image

Tony

Posted Image

Trish

Posted Image

Yung "Woo"

Posted Image

David

Posted Image

Garrett

Posted Image

J'Tia

Posted Image

Kassandra "Kass"

Posted Image

LaTasha

Posted Image

Spencer

Posted Image

2-hour premier date of February 26th!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Thanks to Seasons 24+, my love for Survivor has been renewed. I'm looking forward to this season. I hope it can deliver like the last several have. (I know One World was somewhat weak but I personally really liked it)

I love the look of the cast. I haven't seen any videos of them yet so I can't comment and I'm vowing to be spoiler free.

Is this (sadly) the most diverse cast we've had in a while?

I love the three tribes, I feel we get to know the players and it worked very well in Phillipines, but I think we were lucky with such a strong cast. I hope this cast is strong. Probst seemed to be raving about the casting process for this season, but I don't always trust his tastes.

Happy for a 2 hour premiere! Even better! I hated when Survivor was on Thursday's (man that seems like EONS ago, lol) because heaven forbid they delay their 9pm for a 2 hour or even 90 minute premiere. That's one of the main reasons I've liked the move to Wednesday.

Manny
Member Avatar

I am also pretty pumped for the upcoming season. I have really LOVED last season, but I also really enjoyed basically all of the last 4 seasons, starting with One World. I don't get why people find that season weak (I'm guessing because it was so obvious that Kim would win... but I found that to be so intriguing to watch her walk to victory.. I love Kim!)

Also happy for a 2 hour season premiere!

I don't mind 3 tribes, although I don't really think of it as anything awesome. lol Mainly because 3 tribes pretty quickly are turned into 2 tribes...

I cannot wait for the premiere! Really hoping this is another good season!!

darraholic
Member Avatar

Regular casual fans hate Female contestants. They always love the alpha males. Hence why One World gets panned a lot because of the females dominating that season. I loved One World. Philippines is probably a Top 3 season for me. I didn't care for Caramoan. And I really enjoyed Blood vs Water, minus the winner, but an overall good season.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The best thing is NO RETURNING PLAYERS! I am so sick of seeing the same old faces. Great to see an entire new cast.

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 23 2014, 12:34 PM
Regular casual fans hate Female contestants. They always love the alpha males. Hence why One World gets panned a lot because of the females dominating that season. I loved One World. Philippines is probably a Top 3 season for me. I didn't care for Caramoan. And I really enjoyed Blood vs Water, minus the winner, but an overall good season.

Ah, okay, I see about the One World season.. Kim KILLED all the men with her game..
I loved all 4 seasons. Althuogh Fans vs Favs 2 was just okay, because I hated that Coch/Dawn dominated the game.. :P And I agree that I would have loved Blood vs Water even more if another alliance was dominating. But still an awesome season!

darraholic
Jan 23 2014, 12:36 PM
The best thing is NO RETURNING PLAYERS! I am so sick of seeing the same old faces. Great to see an entire new cast.

I don't mind returning players anymore. I actually loved seeing Tina and Aras again and some others.

jacpre
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 23 2014, 12:36 PM

Couldn't agree more. It is time for new faces but I am sure there will be another twist again. Some old players will probably make their way into the season. This cast looks good and just by seeing the pics I already have some favorites.

KMan101
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jan 23 2014, 12:34 PM
Totally agree.

I have to admit I stopped watching Caramoan originally. I just couldn't. Just like Samoa where I just couldnt watch the entire season (I've since gone back and re-watched and actually quite enjoyed it simply because I knew overall what to expect. It was weird to actually enjoy it, and my hatred for Russell wasn't present so I think that's why).

Anyway, I loved One World too and was impressed they cast a good group of women for a change, but of course it was panned because of it. And I never trust Probst's opinion because he bases his opinions on how his mancrush does and how the location is for him (he prefers to stay in hotels and often ranks the awesome Marquesas low because he hated the location). Probst has really grown to annoy me over the years, honestly, and I'm beyond sick of his mouth in challenges. But every so often he throws out a liner that makes me laugh.

However, I'd miss him at Tribal Council, though I have to admit I felt he interfered more than usual in BvW, especially when Hayden/Ciera were hounding Monica and she seemed to be leaning to them (though we know she ultimately wasn't, supposedly).

Anyway ... I loved BvW too. It was great seeing Tina again and do so well (her daughter was nice enough but clearly there for her mom which was awesome, I loved seeing their bond) and Aras come back again (who of course delivered) and I ended up liking Vytas. It was kinda brilliant how he worked the women and then Laura B. and Kat ruined their own games. And I was shocked at how much I liked Hayden because he did nothing for me in Big Brother. He's definitely grown a lot, IMHO, and he played the hell out of the game. And it was interesting to see Gervase play again, too. It was nice to see some returning players who aren't on their third or fourth go-around. I won't lie. I loved seeing Rupert out so quickly.

Phillipines is definitely up there for me as well. Lisa Whelchel, Denise <3, Malcolm .... and lol at Skupin. But I'm glad he got to play again but ... wow.

There's so many damn seasons now LOL. I can't believe this show has been on for 14 years. That's insane.

I'm done rambling lol.

King
Member Avatar

I am really excited for this season. The last few seasons have been great, and honestly, MOST seasons of Survivor have been amazing.

I can only think of like three or four out of almost thirty that have sucked.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Jefra Bland of the Beauty Tribe is actually from my hometown.

Manny
Member Avatar

Do you know her, Matt?

I can't wait for the premiere! I'm so excited! I hope it's another good one.

I kinda agree, Mike. I liked most of the seasons. I only REALLY HATED Samoa! Ugh! And I'm meh on Thailand.

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

No. She's a LOT younger than me & even though my dad & sister still live there, I haven't since the late 90s. Her DAD'S name, however, sounds really familiar. I think we went to the same high school, but he was a few years ahead of me (I'm thinking he was a Senior when I was in 8th grade). I do know that he was a long-standing hot mess.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The worst season by far is Redemption Island. No questions asked.

Manny
Member Avatar

darraholic
Feb 4 2014, 12:12 PM
The worst season by far is Redemption Island. No questions asked.
Nah.. I still hated Samoa so much more.. lol I think I quit watching Samoa at one point, although I watched it months later.. :P

Tripp
Member Avatar
Geekette

So I just looked up what this season's theme would be. Beauty vs brains vs brawns. So if they are all lumped together, who will the beautiful people manipulate? How will the brawn think strategy? How will the brains lift heavy objects?

cajnej
Member Avatar

Looking forward to Survivor starting and seeing how a new bunch of contestants cope with the challenges of being on Survivor. I love watching, I would never want to go on Survivor, if I did I would probably be the first one voted off ( LOL I would tell everyone to vote me off :lol: )

darraholic
Member Avatar

That was quite possibly the greatest premiere ever! This season is off to an amazing start.

KMan101
Member Avatar

This season is off to a great start!

I really like this cast.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The brain tribe was such a disaster, but I couldn't help but root for Tasha to pull off the blindside. Garrett turned out to be a complete moron. J'Tia is such a mess, but I love her crazy ass. I really hope J'Tia/Tasha/Kass make it far.

The Brawn tribe seems like the strongest. I like Trish, Tony & Sarah. The Cliff love got a bit much after awhile.

The Beauty tribe was better than I thought. I ended up liking Morgan (She's so going to be a big bitch) and Brice (Who I thought I would hate Pre-merge, but loved his one liners).

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Awesome premiere....LOL at the Brain tribe...J'Tia is fucking cray, but I am glad she stayed over that turd Garrett (who got evicted with the hidden immunity idol LOL)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply