Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: Cagayan (Brawn vs Brain vs Beauty); Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 23 2014, 03:28 AM (3,940 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

I don't remember Allie from FvF2.. lol But she seems to be doing a great job! :)

And the edit is really good this season. I wonder why there are such differences in editing each season..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dakota
Member Avatar
World Cup June 12, 2014- July 13, 2014

This has been a fantastic season from the start, I stop for a bit in the previous season because I was bored with all the returnees, especially the ones that I thought were completely useless. However, this season is nothing short of amazing. I :D when LJ got the boot, he got too comfortable and out he went. I was disappointed with Woo, he just seem completly clueless, get your head out of the sand and start playing the game. Align yourself with Spencer and both can go far.

It is time for Tony to go, I can see him being next to go, he ousted LJ too quickly, he should have stuck with his alliance a little longer before he got rid of LJ. However, he was too paranoid to see clearly. Tony lies will catched up to him. I want to see him go next and then Trish followed by Kass. She is a total flipper and if they know better, they will get rid of her because she is the swing vote and will flip anytime and plays with her emotion, which I feel will be her downfall.

Spencer is my guy to the end, I am not sure about Woo now because he was just beyond clueless. Spencer don't use that idol unless you have to and when you do, get them. I will sail and sink with Spencer. I like that Tasha won, it showed them, that you could not get rid of her that easily. I think it will be something if the final 3 comes down to Woo, Tasha, and Spencer, but I doubt that will happen because they will try to get rid of the strongest player eventually.

Dakota
Member Avatar

Manny
Apr 18 2014, 09:21 AM
I don't remember Allie from FvF2.. lol But she seems to be doing a great job! :)

And the edit is really good this season. I wonder why there are such differences in editing each season..
I noticed some of the diferences because last season I watched on and off.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Blood vs. Water was fairly better in the editing compared to some past seasons (Samoa, FVF2 ...) but Cagayan is a million times better. I think BvW benefitted from knowing the players and at least most of them haven't played sixteen thousand times. Brad, Vytas, Hayden and Ciera were excellently cast. Caleb and Katie were probably the most ignored. I think Probst was bitter Caleb got his mancrush Brad out. But it was still a little uneven. It was really nice seeing Aras and Tina play again. I like them both a lot. Laura M. was also a good returnee. The cast clearly helps.

Speaking of returnees, I'll never forgive Boston Rob winning his FOURTH season on a silver platter. That season nearly ended my love for Survivor. It was obvious from the get go they wanted him to win. And it sucked because Redemption Island started out decent but quickly went to shit.

I was disappointed so much in Fans vs. Favorites 2. Reynold did not deserve that much airtime. Brenda and Erik were completely ignored. THAT was disappoinitng. Too much Brandon and Phillip for my tastes. Way too much. And I like Cochran but my god ... enough. Those three were just on way too much. And then it was like .... who else? Seriously. So bad. And Dawn. Ew. and Sherri. Another ew. Eddie was alright but I've heard he probably won't ever be asked back. Why? Did I miss something? And it was nice to see Corinne play again too.

I loved the Phillipines, which had decent editing, but even that had some flaws (Sarah, Dana and Katie WHO?). Why cast people and then not give them like ANYTHING? It makes no sense.
Edited by KMan101, Apr 18 2014, 12:41 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

I always loved Rob, so I didn't mind seeing him get that win. I also hate Russell Hantz with all my heart, so I loved seeing him get out early in that season. But overall the season was pretty weak and uneventful.

I loved Philippines and BvW and editing there was much better. But I also hated FvF2 a lot (which is shocking, since FvF1 is my favorite season ever!).. but like you said, there was no Brenda (which I hated!!), and I was just never convinced that Cochran was this best player ever that Probst seems to believe. Also, Corrine left so early.. thanks, Dawn...

KMan101
Member Avatar

From LJ's TV Guide interview:

Quote:

Who do you think is the biggest threat going forward?
L.J.: I think Tasha's the biggest threat. She's an immunity challenge threat. She hasn't really hurt anybody's feelings. She now has an alliance member who has an idol. They have a couple numbers. And now, you know, Tony really stirred the pot within the group. So I think she may have the best chance of going forward and winning the whole thing.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Man, I really hope this season doesn't continue being predictable now. Sigh.

Kass and Jefra are honestly dumb if they think they stand a shot against Tony/Trish/Woo.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

KMan101
Apr 23 2014, 07:56 PM
Man, I really hope this season doesn't continue being predictable now. Sigh.

Kass and Jefra are honestly dumb if they think they stand a shot against Tony/Trish/Woo.
I am starting to feel the same.

I am actually getting tired of Tony. It s starting to feel too much like Russell Hantz for me. Of course he finds the special idol. He may get to the final three but I just don't see him winning.

Manny
Member Avatar

I actually do think Tony is winning it all now. I have said before, early on in the game (maybe not here, but I said it somewhere.. I talk a lot about Survivor online lol) that I had a feeling Tony was getting the winner's edit.. And with the discovery of the special HII, I just don't see Tony leaving. Depending on who sits with him, I think Tony has a great chance of winning. Jefra has 0 chance of winning and I believe Woo has very little chance. Trish and Kass have some chance.

But this episode to me showed that Trish is not a player. The woman lucked out with her "big moves". She doesn't even want to talk about strategy!! And Tony.. I will give it to him that he's in this game 100%. He really is. And he seems to really love the game. But man, is he annoying?! And what was that with the whole showing of the idol?! Why? What was the purpose? He could have waited to see if his name was called and then play it. He had absolutely nothing to gain from waving that "fake" Idol in people's faces, other than to brag. He's so annoying. Or maybe he was just covering up because his big mouth opened AGAIN and said he has a trick in his bag again. Idiot.
Edited by Manny, Apr 24 2014, 03:43 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Mmm. I'm still not sold on Tony winning, but I guess he stands a much better chance now and frankly he probably deserves it. Woo and Trish blindly following him will be their downfall. I really thought Trish was smarter than this.

I'm not sure what game Kass is playing anymore. Is she biding her time? Is she really just content? Does she think she stands a better shot with them, than her other tribe? Was she just jealous of Sarah and Morgan? I don't get her at all. She switched for really no reason (that we saw, besides being threatend by Sarah, who did stay loyal to her new tribe). And I couldn't believe she lectured Jefra on making an emotional vote! Woman you did the SAME THING TWICE. LOL. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Very disappointed in Jefra. She could have made a huge move and she failed. I hope her dumb ass is blindsided next. She's a sweet girl, but man, I feel like she's going to regret this decision. Jefra should have worked Kass privately, not Trish. But it proves my point that Jefra and LJ were close with Trish.

And Tony saying he trusts Kass and Trish threw up big red flags for me. We'll see what happens next week.

Maybe it's because I just adore them but I just don't see Tasha and Spencer going yet. I feel like they're destined for the finale. I can't explain it. Maybe just really really wishful thinking. Spencer might be painting a target on himself by trying to get Tony all paranoid about Jefra (or Kass, I could see Spencer throwing her under the bus).

And just a note, Kass is fairly despised (unless it's an act) by Trish and Tony on twitter ... just sayin', from what I've heard (I don't do that stupid Twitter nonsense)
Edited by KMan101, Apr 24 2014, 09:11 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

I laughed so hard when Kass was lecturing about the emotional voting! I don't know if she doesn't consider her voting off Sarah and Morgan (hell, I'll throw even Garrett in!) because she was angry or annoyed by them, but she needs to wake up and realize that that's exactly what she did!

I don't follow twitter either, but if it is true, then I could see Kass being voted off #4, with Trish, Woo and Tony going all the way. But I don't understand why she would expect anything less. She was the last one to enter their alliance. She should be happy she (probably) will make it pass #6..

And they should never ever again bring this stupid special idol back! It ruins the suspense IMO.

KMan101
Member Avatar

By Tony and Trish hating on Kass, I think she turns on them. What if Tony and Woo go with Spencer and Tasha and blindside Jefra, I could see Trish and Kass turning on Tony. It's just his idol makes me question whether they could actually vote him out. I'd assume it's good until the Final 5 like the other idols.

I like that it still seems a bit unpredictable. I just want this season to end well and not sort of ruin the great season by having it be a predictable and boring ending. Even though Tony is far more likable than Russell ever could be, IMHO. Even though I rewatched Samoa a while back (mostly just the merge) and didn't actually despise him like I did before and kind of enjoyed him completely destroying the other tribe.

But we'll see. Still loving the season and not all that upset they voted out Jeremiah at all. If only Jefra was on their side, she could have told them Jeremiah was getting the votes, Spencer gives Jeremiah the idol .... oh well. Because then Tony COULDN'T give his idol away, so Woo would have gone. Woo is SO blah and I really want to like him. I loved Spencer's voting confessional where he mocked Woo. Spencer and Tasha better be asked to play again in the future.

And I'm sure Kass doesn't see her votes as emotional but that's exactly what they were. I just don't see how jumping benefited her at all. I love the disgusted looks Sarah and Morgan give her when she goes to vote. I burst out laughing last night.

I hate the idols in general, even when someone I like (Spencer) gets them. Yeah they create drama but I mean, come on, Tony found that thing without any clue. I'm sure the camera man was happily pointing it towards that way. Sorry. I don't think production interferes at all but seriously ... it's ridiculous now. There's too many. If an idol is found and played, it should be one and done. Or just not at all. I will say though that the entire tribe hunting for the idol Spencer found was one of the best moments in a loooong time. And why doesn't anyone else go searching? So on some level, I have to give the players who do credit, but really :rolleyes: over the hidden idols completely.
Edited by KMan101, Apr 24 2014, 11:11 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Ooh, I misread your sentence about Kass being DESPISED by Trish and Tony on Twitter. I initially read that she is DEPRESSED.. lol So I figured that they ditched her.. but yeah, I guess if she's despised, then maybe she did stab them in the back..

Anyways, I generally like HIIs (the normal ones, not the special one Tony has), but I do agree that they are way too easily hidden nowadays. I remember when people would spend two days on Exile Island and keep finding one clue after another and still not be able to find the actual idol. Ever since Samoa, it seems, the HIIs are barely hidden. Like Russell and Tony and few others in between said, as soon as you see a weird tree, you better search for the idol there. Lame.

And I agree that Tony somewhat reminds of Russell, only in the fact that Tony plays really aggressively. He is really into this game. Just like Russell was. But I never found Tony to be mean or anything, like Russell was. Russell was just nasty.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I 100% hate, despise, CANNOT STAND Kass...OMFG I want her out SOOO bad.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Apr 24 2014, 12:33 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I'd love to see Kass get blindsided. Karma's a bitch!

darraholic
Member Avatar
Ikagoddess <3

LMAO at this tribute to Trish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yfdmVSC5Q

Manny
Member Avatar

:lol: :lol:

Dakota
Member Avatar

Jefra is a complete idiot, she can a great power move to get rid of Woo and instead she buckles under the pressure. There is no way Kass and Jefra will make it to the end. I am still undecided on how I feel about Woo, I have this relationship where I like him and then don't like him. If he would move away from Tony and be in alliance with Spencer that would perfect for me. Tony would swear on anything like Johnny Fairplay to get ahead. A guy with no ethics whatsoever, I hope Spencer makes Tony even more paranoid so he can leave. It is only Tasha and Spencer now. Something needs to happen if they will last in this game. I am still rooting for my boy Spencer to all the way and I loving Tasha now.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I love Spencer. He's been a huge surprise this season.

Manny
Member Avatar

I heard that this year we're having a final 2 instead of final 3. Anyone know if this is true?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply