Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor: Cagayan (Brawn vs Brain vs Beauty); Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 23 2014, 03:28 AM (4,300 Views)
Manny
Member Avatar

I thought what Kass did was brilliant! Because I don't think Trish would have went had she not done this. And like I said when she first flipped.. if she ever made it to the finale after all the shit she did, I am rooting for her to win. But I also love Spencer. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

LOL. BYE BYE TRISH!

I have such an awful feeling Woo wins. Sigh. I don't know why but I do. I hope not. Because he literally hasn't started playing until Day 36.

Spencer and Tony deserve to win, hands down, and to a lesser degree Kass, even though the woman is clearly insane. Then I'd even say Trish would deserve it over Woo. Who I like but his dead-eyed sufer stare drives me nuts. 'Duuuuuude. Wooooow. Huuuuuuge move."

Ugh. Spencer mocking him that one time was hilarious. I'm pulling for Spencer so much. I expect to be disappointed but I'd love to see him win. I feel like he's destined to be a Cirie or Malcolm. Gets screwed but stays EXTREMELY popular. He needs to pretty much win whatever immunities are left. Although I also think Tony could be in trouble at four. Kass and Spencer are hopefully smart enough to know he can't play his idol at four. But it should be interesting either way.

And Tasha. I miss her. Her interview with People was fantastic. She has such a good attitude and LOVES this game. It's also nice that everyone was a fan of the show and was there to play. She says she'd go back right now with the clothes on her back if they called.

I also just listened to Trish on Dalton's EW podcast and she still despises Kass. Calling her vile, saying she made her skin crawl. And they asked her if she had to be stuck on the island with either Lindsey or Kass, she hands down said Lindsey and even went on to praise Lindsey a bit saying they had some things in common and Lindsey had a good personality but was just too wrapped up with Cliff.
Edited by KMan101, May 16 2014, 05:27 AM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I've also been really happy to see the ratings each week. VERY solid audience of nearly 10 million viewers every week, it almost rarely budges, and the demo this week was 2.6, which is great considering this is a 14 year old program. CBS must be very happy over this. It's clear that the audience wants newbies who actually play this game instead of returning players and the sheep that get cast so the returning players can do better than them. Survivor seems to actually be getting viewers back, or attracing fresh eyes.

I'm just not thrilled over the rumors of location and format for next season. They always have to ruin the momentum somehow.
Edited by KMan101, May 16 2014, 05:45 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

I heard that we might get BvW 2 and HvV 2 back to back... it sucks if this is true. All new cast works!! I don't know how they don't see this. I always knew that 30th season would be HvV2 and I'm okay with that. But why make 29th season BvW2 with them bringing people back?!

Shawn, can you tell me the locations rumored? Put it in spoiler tags :D

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

What is BvW?

This season is the best in a LONG while...I am fully addicted and the casting is perfect. There is just no getting around how great this season has been.

KMan101
Member Avatar

BvW is Blood vs. Water

Spoiler: click to toggle

darraholic
Member Avatar

My friend who lives in MA got to meet Trish and found out a few tidbits:

-Trish despises Kass and a lot of the cast have group texts where they bash her. Kass solely went on the show to be the next Russell Hantz.

-She saw Cliff naked.

-She never had much of a problem with Lindsey. Lindsey had tried to quit a bunch of times at 3:45pm every day (When she would pick up her daughter). Trish would talk her out of it.

-Trish also said that Tony gave up his serving of rice at the end to give to her because of how skinny she had become. Tony was only eating when he went on Rewards.

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

I was so excited when Spencer won that immunity challenge! I thought he was gone for sure. Tony must really suck at puzzles. He had a huge lead. I hope Spencer wins the whole thing. If he doesn't, Tony should win. I don't like him but I HATE Kass and Woo doesn't deserve anything.

I wish the finale was airing on Sunday instead of Wednesday.

Dakota
Member Avatar
X-Files-Mulder & Scully

I am going to say it now, Spencer for the win. Take down Tony, Spencer, Woo, and Kass. To think Spencer was always close to going home.

Edge1978
Member Avatar

Wow, TONY voted out Trish??? that was the first episode I didn't watch the very end when they reveal the votes, I just assumed that Woo FINALLY stuck to his word. Guess he still didn't. Shocked that Tony voted out Trish. Makes no sense.

I hope Spencer takes it all. Love him!

KMan101
Member Avatar

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!

Congrats to Tony. I can support his win. I'm glad Woo wasn't another Fabio (SO pleased Kass mentioned this! She summed it perfectly. Woo was another Fabio).

Very disappointed that Spencer was voted out fourth but I saw it coming. I can't wait to see Spencer and Tasha play again.

I'm always disappointed at the reunion. People ignored like always. Why did Tyler Perry get so much time when they are always so pressed for time? Blah. I did like how they were live the entire time. I liked seeing the green room, actually. I hated how Jeff spent the entire first half hour basically focusing on Tony. At least he gave Tasha and Spencer their due.

And it's confirmed next season is an all newbie version of Blood vs. Water, in Nicaragua. But they learned from their mistake and will have water challenges. One of the biggest gripes (besides the dreadful cast) was that it was way too land-based and dry. I usually don't mind land-based seasons but I'm glad Nicaragua will have water challenges.

I'm mixed on them repeating this twist so soon. I truly hope we get a fantastic cast like this season and I love it like this season and enjoy it like I did BvW 1.0, but I really believe it only worked so well was because it had returning players (and many of them didn't play sixteen thousand times already) and their loved ones. I just am a bit concerned it won't work as well. And yes, Redemption Island is back (supposedly it will only return for BvW). I hope the season is great, but I'm just a wee bit concerned. They're on a roll and I'd include One World in it. I liked the formula of that season and the winner was great. It wasn't THE best season but I think it gets knocked a bit too hard.

Manny
Member Avatar

While Tony was never my favorite, I like that he won, if it couldn't have been Spencer. The man played the game hard and while he was unlikable to me, he did deserve to win. Woo proved that he knows nothing about the game, but he chose to "play" by his life values, which is honorable, but doesn't bring you the win in this game.

I loved the final tribal and I was surprised how hard Trish went after Tony.

I don't get why Tony/Trish were hating on Kass on Twitter after the game. She didn't do anything to them. Tony voted Trish off.. I guess Trish is just uspet because Kass called her a Skeletor :lol:

I really hope they invite Tasha and Spencer back!!

I agree, Shawn, that having another Blood vs Water season so soon after the last one might hurt them. While I do love the idea of having an all new cast playing the game, I don't know if it go well with others. But considering how people loved this season, I hope it goes well. They just need good casting. Although, having a themed casting, they won't have much choice, when picking players. We'll see how that goes...

I have to add that this was one of my top 5 favorite seasons ever! And I loved One World. I can see why people don't like it, but for me, it started off dramatic with Colton and then it was so delicious to watch Kim's journey to winning it all. She was so amazing!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This was an amazing season! Glad Tony beat Woo....Woo is in idiot...he made a 1 million dollar mistake taking Tony and that bad gameplay is unforgivable.

That being said, Woo would have been a horrible winner....but what a dumbass taking Tony.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, May 22 2014, 03:00 PM.

Manny
Member Avatar

Yeah, I'm glad he didn't take Kass to the finale. Because if Woo had won, I would have shot myself.. so I'll take Tony winning any day :D

darraholic
Member Avatar

Apparently we didn't see a lot of what Kass did to piss everyone off. If I were Trish, I would have been royally pissed off by Kass's applauding and flipping me the bird too if I were voted out.

But I feel cheated that Kass didn't make the Final 2. I wanted to see the jury rip into her.

Morgan's Jury speech was LOL worthy.

Overall, it will be a Top 10 season for me. The first half was amazing. The second half faltered a bit for me just because they focused a lot of the game on Tony/Spencer. I would have liked to have seen a bit more even editing.

I hope we never see the Tyler Perry Idol again.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Leave it to Tyler Perry to fuck up something like Survivor...he always fucks up his own material...please keep him the FUCK away from my shows!

darraholic
Member Avatar

As for Tony winning, I think he deserved it. But, I think people are crazy thinking he's the best winner ever. He relied heavily on Hidden Idols for his game. It's hard for me to rank him because of that. Especially when you have someone like Sandra who has won twice, who didn't need idols (Yes, she had one played on her, and she found one, but they were useless at both tc's) and she never won a single immunity challenge, yet was still able to win both her seasons.

And just for fun..

My Winner Rankings:

Sandra (Pearl Islands/Heroes vs Villains)
Parvati (Micronesia)
Richard (Borneo)
Kim (One World)
Yul (Cook Islands)
Denise (Philippines)
Todd (China)
Brian (Thailand)
Tina (Outback)
Tom (Palau)
Cochran (Caramoan)
Tony (Cagayan)
Rob (Redemption Island)
Sophie (South Pacific)
Amber (All Stars)
Vecepia (Marquesas)
Chris (Vanuatu)
Earl (Fiji)
Tyson (Blood vs Water)
Ethan (Africa)
Jenna (Amazon)
Natalie (Samoa)
JT (Tocantins)
Aras (Exile Island)
Bob (Gabon)
Fabio (Nicaragua)

My Season Rankings:

Pearl Islands
Philippines
China
Micronesia
Heroes vs Villains
Marquesas
Borneo
Cagayan
Exile Island
Vanuatu
Gabon
One World
Blood vs Water
Amazon
Tocantins
Australian Outback
Africa
Caramoan
All Stars
Thailand
Cook Islands
Nicaragua
Palau
South Pacific
Samoa
Fiji
Redemption Island

Angie79
Member Avatar
Royal Reporter

After Spencer was voted out, I was rooting for Tony to take it. Kass is an annoying bitch and Woo didn't do anything! I would have hated to see them as the final two.

I know a lot of time goes by after filming before the finale airs, but it isn't usually a year is it?

I think it's odd that they are already doing blood vs water again too. Since it's all new people, it is different though.

King
Member Avatar

Congrats to the best - and most annoying - player of the season. Well deserved!

King
Member Avatar

Yeah, two seasons are filmed in the summertime, so the spring finale is always about 10 ish months after.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · CBS Primetime · Next Topic »
Add Reply