Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Kassie DePaiva joins Days
Topic Started: Jan 24 2014, 12:33 PM (14,381 Views)
Ellie

Soap Veteran Kassie DePaiva Joins Fan-Favorite Daytime Drama Days of our Lives

Two Year Pick-up, Emmy Win, and New Cast Members Keeps Days of our Lives Fresh and Innovative!

(Burbank, CA) Thursday, January 23, 2014 – Days of our Lives is thrilled to announce the casting of the show’s latest addition to the Days family, Kassie DePaiva. Known for her work on One Life to Live and Guiding Light, Kassie joins the cast as Eve Donovan on the heels of an exciting 2 year renewal of the beloved daytime drama. The two-time Emmy-nominated starlet brings a fresh dynamic to Salem society as we explore the many facets of the Donovan family like never before.

Delighted about the latest addition to the cast, Co-Executive Producer, Greg Meng explained, “We are excited to welcome Kassie to the Days family. Stay tuned to find out how the return of Eve Donovan shakes things up in Salem!”

DePaiva’s first episodes are expected to air this summer on NBC.

Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

KDP coming is good....as Eve...not so good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

I love her,but isn't she a little old to play Shane(Charles Shaungessy's) daughter?
Edited by Snowing Fan, Jan 24 2014, 12:37 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Im terribly dissapointed with this news. There is only ONE Eve Donovan. Couldn't they wait for Ross?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SunAngel
Member Avatar

Snowing Fan
Jan 24 2014, 12:35 PM
I love her,but isn't she a little old to play Shane(Charles Shaungessy's) daughter?
CS is 58. KDP is 52. CR is 46.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

hmmm....i'm still on the fence about this one. I watched OLTL once it went online (well some of it) and thought she was pretty good. Trying to believe she's CS's daughter though will be a stretch though.

At least she isn't a Kristen recast?
Offline Profile Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

OK, THIS IS WEIRD.
Offline Profile Goto Top

freedom

Ugh does this mean Jen and Dan are endgame? I was hoping she'd be a real love interest for him, not an obstacle

MEMO TO WRITERS: I don't want --- nor do I consider --- Daniel and Jennifer to be a rooting couple!!! They aren't a supercouple the same way Bope and Jarlena are!!!
Offline Profile Goto Top

susyQusie
Member Avatar

She is WAY to old to play CS's daughter and so not a good casting for Eve..ugh ..forget the trouble making siblings and bring Andrew back instead! annoyed!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

She is way too old to play her and its not like Ross is forgettable in the role. She pretty much made the role as she grew up on the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ellie

Anyone have any clips they can post so people can see some of her better work?

I wonder why the Donovan family is the one they're beefing up. I'm all for it if CS is involved, though I am not a Patsy Pease fan. How about the Black family? Belle?
Offline Profile Goto Top

King
Member Avatar

I love her. I am really excited. I never saw CR as Eve though.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LovingDays

Ellie
Jan 24 2014, 12:41 PM
Anyone have any clips they can post so people can see some of her better work?

I wonder why the Donovan family is the one they're beefing up. I'm all for it if CS is involved, though I am not a Patsy Pease fan. How about the Black family? Belle?
yes i miss belle & shawn they need to bring them back
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I've already gone through all of the stages with this one and now I'm just gonna say it is a good move. The story was obviously written and they approached Charlotte Ross to return and she couldn't do it when they needed her. KDP is a fantastic actress and Eve fits onto the canvas perfectly. It will be very weird if they bring Shane in, but other than that I don't think it will really matter that she's 6 years older than Charlotte.

I still hope this leads to Shane and Kim coming to town. Andrew too. Lets focus on the Donovans for a while. I didn't think she would come in until Sami was gone, but summer sounds good. There is so much for Eve to do in town that I'm all for this. Still my wish would have been for Charlotte to return, but I'll deal. The only thing upsetting to me is that CR sent that tweet saying she would return one day :(
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

Kassie a fabulous actress,but the tiny age difference between her and Charlie makes her as Eve not believable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

fundays13
Member Avatar

This will take some getting used to. Maybe the makeup dept. Can make it alittle more plausible . It's possible the writers have finally realized dannifer is the worst pairing on soaps and they are giving Daniel a totally new love interest by summer. So long as he's not involved with ericole I don't care who they pair him with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Now it makes sense why she's following Charles Shaughnessy. The big disappointment for me is that Shawn Christian is the other one she's following on twitter. I'm just tired of story revolving around him and I had hoped her joining Days would have been to enhance other storylines.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kimandshane

susyQusie
Jan 24 2014, 12:40 PM
She is WAY to old to play CS's daughter and so not a good casting for Eve..ugh ..forget the trouble making siblings and bring Andrew back instead! annoyed!

I'm just glad Charlotte Ross isn't playing the character! I can't stand Charlotte so this is a win-win for me.
Edited by kimandshane, Jan 24 2014, 12:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

I hope she ends up with James Scott, she's a strong leading lady, and the character Eve would fit as Dimera.

Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Oh hell nah!
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic