Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, January 30th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jan 30 2014, 01:04 AM (7,342 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Katrosina
Member Avatar

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! :hail:

Jack and Jennifer are my favorite couple of all time. Love them, but have to admit was not thrilled with the wild west wedding. Didn't like Jennifer's dress and didn't like them turning into a slapstick comedy. This was the beginning of the end for any good writing for them. And don't even get me started on the LA Honeymoon. :drunk: But still wonderful to come to DR and see Jack and Jennifer staring at me at the beginning of the daily thread.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

Love, love Jack and Jen...but now I really want to read that article about "TV's Dumbest Characters" circa 1991.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

I'm guessing you don't mean you want us to discuss "Who are TV's dumbest characters?"?? ;)

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Sable Colby
Jan 30 2014, 01:33 AM
Love, love Jack and Jen...but now I really want to read that article about "TV's Dumbest Characters" circa 1991.
Maybe I can dig it up.... :tounge:

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Lordy. That was easier than I thought. It was right at the top in my box of 1990s SOD.

Wattage Key: 25 Watt - Clueless to life on this planet; 40 Watt - Catches on sometimes, but repeats the same mistakes; 60 Watt - Usually savvy, but has a major blind spot.

Lic Lafferty (As the World Turns) - 60 Watt
Cord Roberts (One Life to Live) - 40 Watt
Nina Kimble (The Young & the Restless) - 60 Watt
Dawn Winthrop & Decker Moss (General Hospital) - 25 Watt
Sally Spectra Garrison (The Bold & the Beautiful) - 60 Watt
Mickey Horton (Days of our Lives) - 60 Watt
So-Called Job: Darned good attorney
Dumbest Move Lately: Mickey's a workaholic who neglects wife Maggie and daughter Sarah. Maggie embarked on a clandestine affair with family friend/co-worker Dr. Neil Curtis. (He happens to be Sarah's father, though only Neil and Maggie know it.) Perceptive Sarah trailed the couple to a country inn and caught them in bed. Good old Mickey, on the other hand, is clueless. Does he notice his wife's jittery, erratic behavior? No. Mickey approved of Neil and Maggie going away together on a business trip. He even helped Neil win a coveted appointment at the hospital. All the signs are there, but it's taking Mickey a long time to read them.

Melanie Cortlandt (All My Children) - 60 Watt
Cruz Castillo (Santa Barbara) - 60 Watt
Paulina Cantrell (Another World) - 25 Watt
Micheal Fairgate (Knots Landing) - 40 Watt
Abril Domecq (Loving) - 25 Watt

supercool74
Member Avatar

I was definitely watching back then because Jack and Jennifer were on....but I don't remember Maggie and Neil having an affair. I do kind of remember Mickey ignoring her though. I must have blocked the other part out, or was fast forwarding them. Don't think I would have wanted to see Maggie and Neil in bed together. :x

Team WilSon
Member Avatar

TV's dumbest character is... Daniel Jonas because...

Posted Image

salempc
Member Avatar

I remember the Neil & Maggie affair. It irritated me that they retconned Sarah's paternity (but not nearly as much as the whole egg-baby retcon with Daniel).
Jack and Jennifer's wedding was not my fave. Silliness aside, the editing bothered me. They obviously reshot Jenn saying oart of her vows because the background goes black. Someone watching it once probably didn't notice, but I was never someone who watched their scenes just once, lol.
Edited by salempc, Jan 30 2014, 11:38 AM.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

How I miss this classic J&J. Jack deserved better than how this show treated him over the years. He was one of the most dynamic characters I have ever had the pleasure of watching, and I have never loved any Days character as I loved him.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

What was the date on that issue?

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Rosebud
Jan 30 2014, 08:32 AM
What was the date on that issue?
June 25, 1991

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Why they took such a complex, grey character as Jack and turned him into someone who frequently displayed pratfall comedy is something I'll never understand (even though Jack and Jennifer had some wonderful comedic moments). And lord do I miss this Jennifer Rose. Having said that, I do hope at some point we get to see some kind of interaction between Matt Ashford and Casey Moss---even if it's just Ghost Jack.

james0479
Member Avatar

Having the REAL Jack with Casey Moss's JJ would be incredible. Gotta say, Casey Moss is the reason I don't fast forward alot of scenes. The guy is a natural and has even improved the past few months. But I'd kill to see him in scenes with Jack ....but as much as I miss Jack I don't want him back only because I just can't watch a very very dead man die again.

angie37
Member Avatar

Considering how long I had waited for this moment for Jack and Jenn, it was somewhat of a letdown to have it be featured as a comedy fest. And then to add insult to injury, the writers soon after introduced that creepy Hawke who quite easily duped Jack out of every penny he had. :frustration:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
LUMI

J&J...my first Days ship...
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jan 30 2014, 11:29 AM.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Jennifer is wearing a white shirt to jog.

SuperDaniel tells Nicole they can help Eric after all.

Eric is praying.

Oh, Rory and Bev and JJ are talking about their plan to get Theresa. I like them.

Theresa is chatting with the new wave mail girl. And Theresa is wearing a top more appropriate for a club.

T is waiting on Rafe. T fills Rafe in on Nick Fallon showing up.

Oh there's some Nick and Gabi stuff by the river, and let's just say Gabi is freaked out.

And Julie...I love you, but you need to stop shipping Nick & Gabi.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Okay, remember when Will was coming out, and there was a bunch of random "Day" gays all hanging out with Sonny? Now, Eric has a crew of "day" clergy. Father Matt, Father Louis...and now a monk.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Daniel has a plan...Nicole is wearing an angora sweater and she's on board. The angora is appropriate because Daniel dialogue could be straight out of an Ed Wood movie.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Looks like Wilson aren't on today, they took Ari for breakfast somewhere and left a note. I hope it's a nice brunch place. Rafe shows up at the apartment to see Gabi about Nick being back in town.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply