Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the week of Jan. 20-24, 2014; All soaps up
Topic Started: Jan 31 2014, 03:20 AM (1,260 Views)
salempc
Member Avatar

Bell-Phillip Television Productions (Top); Sony Pictures Television (Bottom)Ratings Report for the Week of January 20-24, 2014
NOTE: Please do not copy and paste the entire ratings. Thank you.

Numbers are based on Live+Same Day ratings

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

Total Viewers
1. Y&R 5,376,000 (+393,000/+803,000)
2. B&B 3,936,000 (+248,000/+444,000)
3. GH 3,077,000 (+141,000/+169,000)
4. DAYS 2,859,000 (+220,000/+126,000)

Households
1. Y&R 3.8/11 (+.2/+.4)
2. B&B 2.8/8 (+.2/+.2)
3. GH 2.3/7 (same/+.2)
4. DAYS 2.1/6 (+.1/same)

Women 18-49 Viewers
1. Y&R 955,000 (+89,000/+153,000)
2. B&B 716,000 (+28,000/+59,000)
3. GH 695,000 (+33,000/+49,000)
4. DAYS 681,000 (+67,000/+90,000)

Women 18-49 Rating
1. Y&R 1.5/9 (+.1/+.2)
2. DAYS 1.1/6 (+.1/+.2)
2. B&B 1.1/6 (same/+.1)
2. GH 1.1/6 (+.1/+.1)

Women 18-34 Viewers
1. Y&R 251,000 (+4,000/+43,000)
2. GH 237,000 (+22,000/+14,000)
3. B&B 194,000 (-11,000/+44,000)
4. DAYS 187,000 (+13,000/+3,000)

Women 18-34 Rating
1. Y&R 0.7 (same/+.1)
1. GH 0.7 (+.1/same)
3. DAYS 0.6 (+.1/+.1)
3. B&B 0.6 (same/+.2)

Women 25-54 Viewers
1. Y&R 1,326,000 (+114,000/+200,000)
2. B&B 960,000 (+67,000/+34,000)
3. GH 950,000 (+11,000/+115,000)
4. DAYS 854,000 (+101,000/+145,000)

Women 25-54 Rating
1. Y&R 2.2 (+.2/+.3)
2. B&B 1.6 (+.1/+.1)
2. GH 1.6 (+.1/+.2)
4. DAYS 1.4 (+.2/+.2)

Day-To-Day Ratings Ė HH/Total Viewers

B&B
Monday: 2.9/4,218,000
Tuesday: 2.7/3,774,000
Wednesday: 2.9/3,997,000
Thursday: 2.7/3,781,000
Friday: 2.8/3,910,000

DAYS
Monday: 2.1/2,835,000
Tuesday: 2.1/2,782,000
Wednesday: 2.2/3,126,000
Thursday: 2.2/2,828,000
Friday: 2.0/2,724,000

GH
Monday: 2.2/2,992,000
Tuesday: 2.3/3,041,000
Wednesday: 2.4/3,153,000
Thursday: 2.4/3,166,000
Friday: 2.2/3,032,000

Y&R
Monday: 4.0/5,767,000
Tuesday: 3.8/5,278,000
Wednesday: 3.9/5,391,000
Thursday: 3.7/5,184,000
Friday: 3.8/5,259,000

Read more: Ratings: Winter Weather Helps Soaps Again - Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/01/ratings-winter-weather-helps-soaps-again?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lovinsafe
Member Avatar

Thanks!
Well when you donít have 5 hours a week devoted to the lock, stock, and barrel couple, and give viewers a decent alternative like Eric/Nicole, the Christening, Ej/Abby they are bound to go up. Oh, sure junior/Sami were on but just sprinkled in here and there. Variety is the spice of life so Iím heard! Maybe that's Ej new motto! te he he!

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Jan 31 2014, 10:04 AM
Thanks!
Well when you donít have 5 hours a week devoted to the lock, stock, and barrel couple, and give viewers a decent alternative like Eric/Nicole, the Christening, Ej/Abby they are bound to go up. Oh, sure junior/Sami were on but just sprinkled in here and there. Variety is the spice of life so Iím heard! Maybe that's Ej new motto! te he he!
Or all soaps went up again because of the weather, LOL.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

I'm happy that the show is doing so well. I've been enjoying it more and I'm glad they aren't just writing for Feb, May and NOvember anymore. Something happened in January, YEAH!!! So let's see...if it's really about the weather, I expect this past week's ratings to be good too...because we had major snow/ice and sub zero conditions throughout the US again....I don't think the week of the 20th was that bad....actually this week was worse in terms of weather.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

^^
I was just thinking that. I work in news and the only day I remember being a bad weather day was Friday. Most of the coverage on that week was build up to the end of the week. I don't know how we can say winter storms brought in viewers for this week.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

Well SON is the one saying that the winter weather helped, which makes sense given that ALL soaps went up again. I'm not surprised because my clients have been talking non-stop about how their January sales are so far behind normal because people aren't leaving their homes.

That said, I think Days has a good job of giving some drama for people to tune in for when they're home. Don't know about other soaps since I only watch Days.
Edited by tomsawyer, Jan 31 2014, 11:11 AM.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

^^
Just because all of the soaps went up does not mean it was naturally weather. That said it could be the cold keeping people in. But I can't see simple cold keeping people from work. I think Friday was the only day I saw schools closed in parts of the country. Maybe people are getting sick because most of the week was actually nice weather. So nice that the flip could cause people to get sick. But IMHO, last week was not a major storm week. I don't work at the weather channel so what do I know. :)
Edited by Aliaron, Jan 31 2014, 11:18 AM.

Vicky4Mimi

The weather may have helped but if people weren't seeing something they liked, they wouldn't have come back for more! By Friday DAYS was still holding strong. I love seeing all 2's--and knowing there was good stories to go with that! People have been more upbeat about DAYS than they have been in a very long time, which is especially amazing after the bummer year we just had in Salem when many of us tuned out.

lysie
Member Avatar

lovinsafe
Thanks!
Please don't post in a ratings thread again until you can do it without baiting. Thanks.

lysie
Member Avatar

Vicky4Mimi
Jan 31 2014, 11:19 AM
The weather may have helped but if people weren't seeing something they liked, they wouldn't have come back for more! By Friday DAYS was still holding strong. I love seeing all 2's--and knowing there was good stories to go with that! People have been more upbeat about DAYS than they have been in a very long time, which is especially amazing after the bummer year we just had in Salem when many of us tuned out.
I think the weather is only a factor this week because it was the factor LAST week that brought them down.

As one of the viewers who has tuned out, though, I gotta tell you that despite us tuning out last year, they were still getting good ratings. That's actually what makes these ratings so good, IMO. They're up over last year, and last year's ratings were also up over the year before. The show has been on a steady incline for a while now to the point that 2.0s are now almost considered low again. That's kind of amazing.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Yeah SON is not known for knowing what the hell they're talking about. The weather wasn't anything different than a normal winter the week in question, some people had snow, some had cold temps, but there wasn't a big weather event. The next coming ratings should be a big deal weather wise, half the country got bombarded.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

lysie
Jan 31 2014, 11:35 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Jan 31 2014, 11:19 AM
I think the weather is only a factor this week because it was the factor LAST week that brought them down.

As one of the viewers who has tuned out, though, I gotta tell you that despite us tuning out last year, they were still getting good ratings. That's actually what makes these ratings so good, IMO. They're up over last year, and last year's ratings were also up over the year before. The show has been on a steady incline for a while now to the point that 2.0s are now almost considered low again. That's kind of amazing.
I was astounded to see a few weeks back some 2.2's/2.3's in the dailies. That is so good it's baffling...and that is usually the week people went back to work/school after the Christmas/New Year breaks. That was also the week of the polar pig or vortex or whatever the hell they called it but even with the decline last week the show didn't do so bad and this week they are back up. I think it's more about the shift in stories this January than anything else. I also think the lack of detailed spoilers is helping the show..maybe even removing the day ahead from Canada did the trick too....last week also had the news of AS leaving breaking...that could have helped too. I expect a an average ratings increase throughout 2014...slow and steady IMHO, with the show gearing up for Sami's exit, KDP coming on board as Eve, Kristen returning, etc I do expect momentum to continue through the majority of 2014 with a slow down this summer as always.

jdawg1077

Monday was MLK day which meant some people were off. And here in the northeast, it snowed from Tuesday into Wednesday, and many places got several inches so I'm in the group that says the weather helped. But even if it did raise the ratings, the overall ratings would be lower if the show wasn't so darn good right now. Lots of people tuning in to see a myriad of stories, IMO.

Y&RWorldTurner
Member Avatar
Sharongate, bitches!

The Northeast has some heavy snow storms Tuesday/Wednesday last week, and Monday was MLK Day.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I fully believe these increase are partially because of the weather....it just makes sense.

I am glad DAYS got some high on an EJABBY week as I am a huge fan, but I am not blind to the fact that the weather was bad which I am sure contributed to this increase.

Aliaron
Member Avatar

But just getting snow expecially in the Northeast means nothing unless it bad enough to close things down. It is January. I don't remember anything about snow shutting down cities and having people stay at home. I doubt weather was the biggest factor this week. It could have been one of the factors.

salempc
Member Avatar

Oh to live in a land where weather actually gives you a day off. I live in Edmonton, AB which is basically the equivalent of the ice planet Hoth for 7 months of the year. I've never had a snow day. :( But I do have a pvr, so the shows get watched and recorded regardless of what the weather is doing.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jan 31 2014, 10:44 AM
lovinsafe
Thanks!
Or all soaps went up again because of the weather, LOL.
Weather maybe... Better stories def. Maybe. I don't care Days is increasing in ratings and the show ain't focusing on a disgusting rapemance anymore Good enough for me. :P

trojangal
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Jan 31 2014, 11:14 AM
^^
Just because all of the soaps went up does not mean it was naturally weather. That said it could be the cold keeping people in. But I can't see simple cold keeping people from work. I think Friday was the only day I saw schools closed in parts of the country. Maybe people are getting sick because most of the week was actually nice weather. So nice that the flip could cause people to get sick. But IMHO, last week was not a major storm week. I don't work at the weather channel so what do I know. :)
We are talking about the week of 1/20
The Midwest had very cold weather, I am talking below zero without wind chill & the east coast had lots of snow.
My hubby flew to NY on business 1/20 and snow hit that night
also schools were closed on Monday as well as governmental offices because of MLK Day

I do think Days was really good last week with the whole Ericole, EJabby ,Nick's return & Christening
so there probably are a few reasons why ratings were good .
Even on the boards last week people were saying how it felt like sweeps because of the things happening on Days

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

I do think these ratings are a combination of both a general increase & weather. These ratings are slightly inflated because of winter weather events, but the difference is that the baseline without that increase is what previously would include the weather. So, when before the ratings highs with weather factored in might be a 2.0, that's pretty much the starting point without the weather. (If that makes any sense). In any event, these numbers are still good news. IMO
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply