Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GH: February Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 2 2014, 08:35 PM (7,718 Views)
Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

General Hospital: February Discussion

Elizabeth finds the Panic room and Carly: 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKTW2_YOofI&
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Nate
Member Avatar
#BitchIsBack

People watch this trash?

Sonny_BrendaFan
Member Avatar
Brenda: "Let the fireworks begin." Sonny: "With you and me, Brenda, it's guaranteed."

IKR? Horrible.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Okay, time for mini-rant here.

Instead of Lulu staying with Carly after leaving Dante and having these "encounters" with West, how much better would it have been if she had gone to the Quartermaines and interacted with AJ? Lulu is much closer to Tracy than Carly, and ye gods the idea of a Lulu/AJ affair would have been EPIC. Sean Kanan is a chemistry magnet and the fallout would have been awesome. Sonny's head would explode and it would set up some brotherly conflict between Dante and Michael that would have actually made sense (Kiki I'm looking at you). Instead we've got this god-awful Heather foolishness that's turned into a massive joke.

The other massive joke is the possibility that Jason's alive, along with Helena and Stavros. Makes me wonder what Ron had planned for Victor with Robert Scorpio on canvas.

If they were going to have Kiki/Starr break Franco/Todd out of the police station they should have at least included the spiders again. At least we would have gotten some nostalgia out of the silly moment.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
WANDERING Minstrel!

Wow. I have just seen probably the worst, hammiest performance I've witnessed in all of the years I've been watching soaps. Roger Howarth as Franco was abysmal from the get go. But he really needs to go now. This is a cartoon! And now Shirley Jones adds to the embarrassment? An Oscar winning actress given this garbage! GMAFB!
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Feb 5 2014, 02:19 PM.

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Feb 5 2014, 02:16 PM
Wow. I have just seen probably the worst, hammiest performance I've witnessed in all of the years I've been watching soaps. Roger Howarth as Franco was abysmal from the get go. But he really needs to go now. This is a cartoon! And now Shirley Jones adds to the embarrassment? An Oscar winning actress given this garbage! GMAFB!
I'm embarrassed and saddened at what this show has become. It doesn't look like it will get any better from what I'm reading. :shame: :drunk:

natdot99
Member Avatar

Liz and Felix, two juvenile people who need to get a life, period.
So Robin return was all about propping Patrina, writers campaign to get back Steve Burton, and to help Victor Cassadine whitewash the Cassadine history, pitiful beyond words.
I still have no sympathy for Franco and all others involved in the Carly storyline.
I hoping Sabrina baby is Carlos just to knock her halo off her head.

Ashley1
Member Avatar

I so hope that the baby is Carlos' too. Sabrina is so sure it's Patrick's, it's almost too obvious to be true. I'm holding out hope for it to be Carlos' and for them to leave town together.

I love Roger Howarth, but Franco is not working for me at all. This needs to end.

CJ127

JDeveraux_91
Feb 6 2014, 11:50 AM
Grandpa Hughes
I'm embarrassed and saddened at what this show has become. It doesn't look like it will get any better from what I'm reading. :shame: :drunk:
I know it is soooo stupid. I know soaps aren't always true to life BUT this is absurd.

CJ127

natdot99
Feb 6 2014, 03:30 PM
Liz and Felix, two juvenile people who need to get a life, period.
So Robin return was all about propping Patrina, writers campaign to get back Steve Burton, and to help Victor Cassadine whitewash the Cassadine history, pitiful beyond words.
I still have no sympathy for Franco and all others involved in the Carly storyline.
I hoping Sabrina baby is Carlos just to knock her halo off her head.
I totally agree. As a Liz fan I hate how they are writing her. I wish she would stay out of it. I hate how they have written Robin's return. Not only is she whitewashing the Cassadine's but she was brought on to prop Saint Sabrina.

CJ127

If I was Carly I would rather die than wake to find Heather giving me mouth to mouth. She has BLT breath

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Yeah, that was a whole meal of ham right there but still didn't surpass this classic Ron Moss clip from B&B.

It's Not Going to Happen Rick

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

That clip of Ronn Moss never gets old.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

The Julian and Lucas scenes were pretty good.

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

3WishGenie
Feb 8 2014, 03:49 PM
The Julian and Lucas scenes were pretty good.
I agree. Ryan Carnes has been a great addition to the cast---hope he sticks around for awhile.

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Anybody else get this feeling Ava is channeling this woman in almost every scene?

Posted Image

granolagirl
Member Avatar

LOL.

I think I've said before, sometimes it feels like Maura West is doing "A Streetcar Named Desire" while everyone else is doing "General Hospital."

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Feb 8 2014, 10:59 AM
Talk about the King of Ham Acting. :laugh:

I know there are a lot on this board not happy with GH, but I find it entertaining. It is cheesy and over the top, but for an hour every day it entertains me.

I will say they way they are writing off Robin is horrible. But I thought it wasn't going to work out well when KMc decided to come back for a short time. No matter what or how it ended viewers were not going to be happy with it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

Heaven help me but I kinda grew to like Ava and Morgan. They kinda had a (OLTL) Dorian and Joey feel to them... and I LOVED Joey and Dorian!

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

cubsgirl
Feb 9 2014, 04:17 PM
Miss Rhi
Feb 8 2014, 10:59 AM
Talk about the King of Ham Acting. :laugh:

I know there are a lot on this board not happy with GH, but I find it entertaining. It is cheesy and over the top, but for an hour every day it entertains me.

I will say they way they are writing off Robin is horrible. But I thought it wasn't going to work out well when KMc decided to come back for a short time. No matter what or how it ended viewers were not going to be happy with it.
For me, GH is in a bit of a dry spell with this Heather foolishness, but I'm still enjoying it more than Days, so there's that. I'm just very apathetic towards that show and I have been for awhile.

On the Robin exit, I think perhaps the only way it would have worked well is if you had Patrick and Emma leaving with her. That pending family separation is the biggest issue for me. But, if Jason Thompson wants to continue working on GH I'd hate to see him get fired.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply