Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: February Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 3 2014, 12:25 PM (8,564 Views)
Soapwatcher

I would think (oh there I go again "think") that Michael Muhney would either write all of his fan(atic)(s) a thank you note for backing him or at least come out with a "I appreciate all the messages my fans have been writing I can not say anything else at this time just want you to know that your thoughts are appreciated".
And have you noticed that when I say they're nothing but teens and tweens that need to get back to their homework and spend their allowances on other things there is no denial! If one mature person came out and said "hey wait a minute I'm over the age of 21 and I am MM No. 1 fan and I want to pay for flying banners and protesting against Y&R and I have that right" then I would shut up about teens and tweens, but so far no one has come forward and admitted they aren't.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7

I'd love to *NOT* give MM any more attention. He doesn't deserve attention, in my opinion.

I support HK in this but ... if we talk about her, then the convo goes back to MM.

I'd rather not hear his name anymore. Yuck.

I'd rather give the current show my discussion. (imperfect though the show may be)

(*just my opinion/suggestion*).

So what do you all think about the current show?
Edited by nananana7, Feb 9 2014, 01:39 PM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

In here shark or Twitter? B&B does have it's own pages. :)

shark
Member Avatar

In Daytime Royalty. I'm always clicking on B&B. all the lines are tiny and print is dim. Small fonts too.

nananana7

shark
Feb 9 2014, 03:49 PM
In Daytime Royalty. I'm always clicking on B&B. all the lines are tiny and print is dim. Small fonts too.
On a PC, if you hold down the CTRL key with one hand, while tapping the + (plus) key with the other hand, you can get everything to appear bigger.

On a Mac, I think it's a bit different, but I don't know.

You can can also change your default "theme" (color scheme) to make the contrast between lettering and background to be something that works for you.

Soapwatcher

I'm sorry Nana, I'm tired of talking about him too although I do a lot of it. You're absolutely right we should be talking about the show and the characters that are on the show. But if someone brings up the MM nasty word I'm sure I'll add my two cents.

shark
Member Avatar

nananana7
Feb 9 2014, 04:13 PM
shark
On a PC, if you hold down the CTRL key with one hand, while tapping the + (plus) key with the other hand, you can get everything to appear bigger.

You can can also change your default "theme" (color scheme) to make the contrast between lettering and background to be something that works for you.
WOW! that works ! thank you ! I got windows 7 IE 10 on this laptop.
on the desktop I got gag--a --rama Windows 8. That system is a boil on the ass for everybody. Hoping Windows 9 that is suppose to come out 2015 will be an improvement.

:cheers:

nananana7

Soapwatcher
Feb 9 2014, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry Nana, I'm tired of talking about him too although I do a lot of it. You're absolutely right we should be talking about the show and the characters that are on the show. But if someone brings up the MM nasty word I'm sure I'll add my two cents.

I totally understand.
I was only making a suggestion; but I wasn't trying to create rules or anything.

Edited by nananana7, Feb 9 2014, 05:46 PM.

nananana7

shark

nananana7

shark
Feb 9 2014, 04:41 PM
on the desktop I got gag--a --rama Windows 8. That system is a boil on the ass for everybody. Hoping Windows 9 that is suppose to come out 2015 will be an improvement.

So glad it worked for you :)

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Feb 9 2014, 01:37 PM
I'd love to *NOT* give MM any more attention. He doesn't deserve attention, in my opinion.

I support HK in this but ... if we talk about her, then the convo goes back to MM.

I'd rather not hear his name anymore. Yuck.

I'd rather give the current show my discussion. (imperfect though the show may be)

(*just my opinion/suggestion*).

So what do you all think about the current show?
I want the real driver revealed and Sharon exposed for the summer/DNA debacle.
I also want to know about that stupid music box, but I guess colin is going to cause that to be dragged out for months.
I want Noah to stop acting the ass, she had to lie to you, you fool, what don't you understand about UNDERCOVER COP!
I also want tptb to come out and make some sort of a statement to put this mess to rest and to recast Adam and Phyliss.
Oh yeah, and I want Devon and Hillary to hook up so lilly will be all butt hurt. :lol:
Oh, and one more thing, I don't want to see them go the Ian/summer route. That guy is a really good actor because he really creeps me out. Hopefully though, him being around will keep Victor busy and he won't be hovering over Chelsea.
Aren't you glad you asked? :tounge:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

shark
Feb 9 2014, 04:41 PM
nananana7
shark

I have windows 8, everyday it's a new ball game. :facepalm:
You can go up on your toolbar and where it says PAGE, should be on the far right side, click on that and you'll see "text size" click on that and you make the text as big or small as you need.

shark
Member Avatar

Yeah, is a PITA...

nananana7

Frankly I think the show's been a bit boring.

I love the character of Jill Foster Abbot Fenmore (whatever her name is).
but I hate this stupid Colin storyline.

The *real* Jill Foster Abbot Fenmore would *NOT* allow Colin to reduce her to this pitiful situation of "begging" for help with the musicbox. And I don't think tying her up was funny. Ugh.

Love Tristan Rogers -- as Robert Scorpio! Not as Colin.

What I *do* like:

When Jill visited Billy in the hospital. This was the first time actress Jess Walton had been in a scene with David Tom since he left the show many years ago. I liked it that Jill had lines that said something about ... how seeing him in the hospital like that ... this made her feel he wasn't her adult son, but instead he felt like her little boy again. I liked this because it felt like a nod to David Tom having portrayed a youthful Billy all those years ago.

There was a poignancy about that (in my opinion).

It reminded me of Jeannie Cooper's last scene before she died -- when "Katherine" went up the stairs and said good-night to Jill. You could tell that the actress Jess Walton intuitively knew that this was really good-bye and you could see it in her eyes.
Edited by nananana7, Feb 9 2014, 10:31 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I like the way the show is going. It's not all one person running the show. Things are getting cleared up and yet some are still in the air.
The Boring Triplets could leave though. Devon, Lily, Cane. Colin brings out fire in Lane though.
I don't see boring though. :)

nananana7

I previously posted this question on the spoiler thread, but it's not a spoiler anymore. So I've deleted it from there and moved my question here.
---

I watched the episode for
Thursday Feb 6th Canada /// Friday Feb 7th USA

and then I watched the episode for
Friday Feb 7th Canada /// Monday Feb 10th USA

In both episodes, they showed Sharon wearing the same dress going into the same elevator at Jabot, and seeing a life-size real-looking Cassie standing in the elevator.

It was exactly the same scene, because I saw someone exit the elevator as Sharon was walking up to it, and it looked like the same person.

What was weird about this was ... it looked like it was the same scene as originally filmed ...
(not two different occurrences).

The same scene broadcast on two separate episodes ... but both times it occurred in the MIDDLE of the episode. Very strange.

I can understand an episode ending with an emotional scene, and then repeating the scene to START the next episode. But I've never seen this in the MIDDLE of two episodes like this.

Very strange.

If you are able to view both episodes, watch and see if you notice this ... Was there anything different at all?

Maybe she banged on the door of the elevator yelling afterwards the second time, but that was like continuing the same scene, and not creating a new scene.

Did they edit this badly, Or is Sharon nuts, Or am *I* going crazy?
Edited by nananana7, Feb 10 2014, 09:41 PM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I agree, was weird.
Seeing too much of the dingbat lately.
Wrap up that storyline so Nick can save Summer from the new Svengali.
He's a good actor and I like him on there :)
Edited by BlissfulLily, Feb 11 2014, 08:41 AM.

Soapwatcher

they showed the same scene the second time earlier in the show than they did the first time, but I think (again) that it was meant to set up the fact that she is being spooked by what she thinks is Cassie's ghost, she says I'm taking my medicine, I'm seeing my therapist why is Cassie still haunting me? Its because you need to tell Nick the truth Dummie! Nick almost caught her talking to herself, and he told her the conversation wasn't finished. But I can't explain the scene where the word phantom was spelled out.
What I thought was a stupid scene was Kevin and Fen wrestling and Lauren and Michael looking on like two indulgent parents over their little boys playing. Isn't Kevin supposed to be in his late 30's by now, it wasn't like Fen was a little boy teasing his same age uncle. Although they act the same age. I thought that was a scene wasted and for no good reason to be aired. In fact the whole Baldwin Fisher scenario could have been left out except we know now that Womack is going for the doll at the Delia gala and of course Fen will see him and run away scared shitless.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

The scene with Kevin and Fen was typical. They were both happy that that ordeal is over and Lauren and Mikey were happy to see everything back to normal. My twins are in their 30's and they still rough house. I think it showed happiness instead of the same ol' hang dog shit.

nananana7

Thank you for letting me know that it was the same elevator scene in both episodes.
I was seriously wondering if I was nuts.

Then I began thinking: I saw the scenes online and wondered if the version I saw had accidentally spliced together two separate episodes.

So you all are telling me that it really was broadcast that way. Weird.

Well yeah, maybe they did that to emphasize the weirdness of it, and how Sharon was freaked out by it happening.
Edited by nananana7, Feb 11 2014, 10:37 AM.

nananana7

Dylan's adoptive mother did things in an underhanded way. Maybe there is more to that story.

Stitch seems to have chemistry with all the characters he interacts with.

***SPECULATION -- WISHFUL THINKING***
I hope they eventually discover that Dylan and Stitch were switched at birth. Maybe a rogue nun switched them or something.

I would have liked Stitch to be Nikki's son, instead of Dylan.
***END SPECULATION -- WISHFUL THINKING***

But then they'd have to write Stitch/Victoria as "sibling chemistry" instead of "romance chemistry".
Edited by nananana7, Feb 11 2014, 10:43 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply