Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2014 Sochi Olympics Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 6 2014, 10:36 PM (2,223 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Japan or Canada will get Gold in Men's Figure Skating....

Bad day for Canada, our first day with no medals...especially when we should have been able to obtain 3 (Team Luge, 1500 m Speed Skating and Women's Short Track 500m)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Alin89
Member Avatar

i felt so bad for that russian skater to have withdrawn like that.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

Men's figure skating was a bust for so many. I can't get into these Olympics like I have with others in the past.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Yeah, the Men were not the greatest. I'm looking forward to the Ice Dance showdown between the Americans and Canadians. And looking forward to that 15 year old Russian Ladies figure skater.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Watching the Ice Dance Final. Wow at Virtue and Moir's Free Skate. Just amazing. And it is a new World Record. What a great and likely final skate of their career. It is going to be a close race for Gold.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The Americans won. They were beautiful as well. Two great legendary teams. It's sad that both will likely retire.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
Feb 17 2014, 01:56 PM
The Americans won. They were beautiful as well. Two great legendary teams. It's sad that both will likely retire.
I am sorry, but the judging was PISS POOR....no way in hell do the Canadian deserve to finish that comp 5 pts back....the Short Program was utter bullshit judging.

No wonder it has sparked outrage in the figure skating community and up here in Canada.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 18 2014, 01:51 PM
darraholic
I am sorry, but the judging was PISS POOR....no way in hell do the Canadian deserve to finish that comp 5 pts back....the Short Program was utter bullshit judging.

No wonder it has sparked outrage in the figure skating community and up here in Canada.
95% of the outrage is coming from people who have no clue about Figure Skating. As much as I love Virtue & Moir, I would have put the American's first. They were both great performances, but Davis & White's performance is technically better than Virtue & Moir. As for the Short Program, Tessa screwed up on her twizzle which helped the Americans gain the lead.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
Feb 18 2014, 03:18 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 18 2014, 01:51 PM
darraholic

95% of the outrage is coming from people who have no clue about Figure Skating. As much as I love Virtue & Moir, I would have put the American's first. They were both great performances, but Davis & White's performance is technically better than Virtue & Moir. As for the Short Program, Tessa screwed up on her twizzle which helped the Americans gain the lead.
They were docked points in the Short Program due to being given a Level 3 grade out of 4 on their Finnstep, which was utter crap.

When the inventor and master of the Finnstep is calling out the judges you know something is not right. The creator put the Canadian ahead after the Short Program and criticized the move by the judges to give the Canadians a 3 level on that move.

Again, I say piss poor judging!

I will agree that the Americans were technically sound and faster, but the Canadians were far better on the artistic side and skated just as cleanly.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 18 2014, 05:36 PM.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I thought the pair that skated the Black Swan theme was flawless and was the best performance out of everyone. I didn't see the Short Program and don't "know" all the technical scoring marks and what not though.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

CAN vs USA in Men's Hockey Semi-Final on Friday!

I will have no nails left after this one!

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

When do the US and Canadian women play for the gold in hockey? Also looking forward to the figure skating tonight.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kirk
Feb 19 2014, 02:57 PM
When do the US and Canadian women play for the gold in hockey? Also looking forward to the figure skating tonight.
Gold medal game is tomorrow for the US/Canadian women hockey.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

WHAT a game between US and Canada in Women's Hockey gold final....I thought the US totally had it in the bag when it was 2-0 with under 5 mins left in the game....and then when they almost got the empty netter, instead hitting the post, allowing Canada to come back and score the tying goal with under 1 min left.

Such a THRILLING game...wow...incredibly impressed with both sides. The US were the World leaders coming into the Olympics, so I am thrilled for Canada to be able to repeat as winners of the gold.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

Hopefully the men's game is another good one tomorrow.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2014, 03:22 PM
WHAT a game between US and Canada in Women's Hockey gold final....I thought the US totally had it in the bag when it was 2-0 with under 5 mins left in the game....and then when they almost got the empty netter, instead hitting the post, allowing Canada to come back and score the tying goal with under 1 min left.

Such a THRILLING game...wow...incredibly impressed with both sides. The US were the World leaders coming into the Olympics, so I am thrilled for Canada to be able to repeat as winners of the gold.
Repeat as Back to Back to Back to Back Olympic Champions <3

And I totally did not agree with the winner of the Ladies' Figure Skating Results. I won't spoil it for you Kirk since NBC's coverage sucks. But I totally thought the Silver and Bronze medalist were far better.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

darraholic
Feb 20 2014, 05:38 PM
Mitchapalooza
Feb 20 2014, 03:22 PM

Repeat as Back to Back to Back to Back Olympic Champions <3

And I totally did not agree with the winner of the Ladies' Figure Skating Results. I won't spoil it for you Kirk since NBC's coverage sucks. But I totally thought the Silver and Bronze medalist were far better.
There apparently has been quite some comments made about this event.....I won't say anything either...but Figure Skating at this Olympics has seen some MAJOR wtf judging right across the board.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 20 2014, 06:12 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I watched the Ladies' Figure Skating live this morning and didn't agree either. I was hoping the Bronze winner could have won Gold.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

You can spoil it if you want. I forgot to DVR it and going out for drinks instead. I agree from what I have seen the judging has been questionable.

The women's hockey set a record for live streaming excluding Super Bowls. That's huge! I bet the men's game breaks that tomorrow though. Go USA.

darraholic
Member Avatar

The Russian won (Not the 15 year old sourpuss face one, but the other one). It was also the second highest mark in the history of Ladies' Figure Skating. I thought Yuna Kim of South Korea and Carolina Kostner of Italy were much better. I kinda felt bad for Mao Asada whose Free Skate was AMAZING. It's a shame she had such a horrible short program.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply