Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2014 Sochi Olympics Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 6 2014, 10:36 PM (1,982 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I've also been missing the medal ceremonies. Do they show those up there in Canada still?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I think they get shown as part of the Primetime coverage, and they're streamed live online. I don't watch the Primetime stuff since it's all delayed. I've ended up PVRing a few entire days of the CBC / TSN coverage and fast forwarding to events I'm interested in to keep unspoiled. The overnight and daytime stuff doesn't show them from what I've seen, beyond news highlight clips of we're in any of them.
Edited by Drew, Feb 21 2014, 10:45 AM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Awesome day so far for Canada! Two medals, gold and silver, for the Womens Ski Cross and gold in the Curling. We're now #2 without a tie in the official ranking with 9 gold.

The Canada v USA hockey game is going to be nerve wracking.
Edited by Drew, Feb 21 2014, 02:13 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Canada leading 1-0 vs USA at end of 2nd Period....this is going to be the most nerve wracking 20 minutes EVER!

GO CANADA!!

We just picked up another medal in Men's 500m Short-Track, and are 2 medals away from tying are haul in Vancouver 2010.

#2 Ranking (official ranking) and #3 in medal count ranking.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 21 2014, 01:34 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

2.3 million streams online in Canada right now for this game....that has set an online stream record in Canada.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Team USA. Bye.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Boom! Go Canada!

Now to take out the Swedes and win double gold in Hockey!

Great game by Quick though, he was SOLID (as he ALWAYS is)...Canada just controlled the whole game and dominated in almost every aspect.

Kirk
Member Avatar
Captain Kirk

I just watched the women's figure skating and IMO the South Korean should have won gold. Felt bad for her.

Boo to losing by a goal in both men and women's hockey.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Clearly the USA men didn't even try today.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'm trying or was trying to watch some of the exhibition figure skating performances tonight but so far they've only shown 2 or 3. I think I missed one. NBC has sucked the big one when it comes to coverage this year. It's partly my fault too for not always being awake when the skating was being shown live online and the NBC Sports Channel.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

Not to rub it in, but I've been thoroughly impressed with the CBC's coverage. Every single event, every single seed or qualification round, has been made available for live streaming as it happened and are still available for on-demand streaming from the first day of events.

darraholic
Member Avatar

CBC's Coverage has been amazing.

Woohoo Back to Back Olympic Champions for Team Canada in Men's Hockey!

southrnbygrace
Member Avatar

I've not seen a single medal ceremony this entire Olympics. NBC's coverage has been horrific!!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

southrnbygrace
Feb 23 2014, 02:08 PM
I've not seen a single medal ceremony this entire Olympics. NBC's coverage has been horrific!!
Agreed, NBC sucked!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Canada wins gold in men's hockey and the Canadian universe does not self destruct , all is well and all is calm (except for the partying!)

Alana
Member Avatar

I really liked the closing ceremony...maybe because I like Russian literature , classical music and ballet dancing etc.

Over all, I enjoyed the games. Except for the conviction of a German biathlete of doping! OMG, how dumb of an athlete can you be to not expect to get caught. Tainted the games from a German standpoint for me!

Off to Peyongchang 2018!

Alin89
Member Avatar

im going to really miss the olympics. :'( atleast we have fifa coming up so that will be good. i cant wait for the next olympics at Rio. i also hate NBC coverage horrible. I hope espn will get rights once NBC's contract is over.
Edited by Alin89, Feb 23 2014, 05:20 PM.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

They really need to at the very least get with the digital model. It didn't take away from CBC's coverage. THey still had Olympic Primetime airing highlights like NBC did. The digital streams had advertising that aside the occasional glitch wasn't intrusive or poorly timed (never went to an ad during of someone's run). Time to get with 2014.

Drew
Member Avatar
#bbuk

I enjoyed the closing for the most part. A bit long winded, and we'd already done the ballet to death. The animatronics were really well done, I enjoyed them here a lot more than in the opening. The amount of articulation in the head and joints, and that tear drop, were just cool.

Canada #3. Amazing!

Olympic Withdrawl begins ...
Edited by Drew, Feb 23 2014, 07:28 PM.

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Feb 22 2014, 10:52 PM
I'm trying or was trying to watch some of the exhibition figure skating performances tonight but so far they've only shown 2 or 3. I think I missed one. NBC has sucked the big one when it comes to coverage this year. It's partly my fault too for not always being awake when the skating was being shown live online and the NBC Sports Channel.
The NBC Sports Channel was so much better to switch the figuring skating. I happened to be home on some of the days and just watched it there instead if waiting till prime time. Thought both Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir were very good commentators. I actually thought I learned something on how skating is judged and what was expected of skaters. End up recording other days of figuring skating and watched that instead of prime time if I was at work. I ended up watching the expedition on the NBC Olympic app because I knew I wasn't seeing all of it on tv.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply