Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, February 7th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Feb 7 2014, 12:42 AM (10,759 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

I'll pass, if you don't mind. ;)
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Sigh. Carly during her original run was one of my favorite Days characters ever. Chappell was one of my favorites actresses and I was soooo excited to see her return the last time around. Then it all went to shit...

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 7 2014, 12:51 AM
Sigh. Carly during her original run was one of my favorite Days characters ever. Chappell was one of my favorites actresses and I was soooo excited to see her return the last time around. Then it all went to shit...
That's funny. I don't care for CC, but I liked her better as an actor during the second run (until the drug abuse story). I thought she was dull as dirt until she ended up in that coffin the first time, lol.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 7 2014, 12:53 AM
DiMeraFan67
That's funny. I don't care for CC, but I liked her better as an actor during the second run (until the drug abuse story). I thought she was dull as dirt until she ended up in that coffin the first time, lol.
She was an infinitely better actor during her second run, aside from some of the OTT stuff. But I thought she had crazy chemistry with both Bo and Lawrence. I dunno what it was but I never thought she was dull, I was always really into all of her stories, relationships, and friendships. Now that I can't stand her it's a little harder to judge.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"I don't live by a set diet. It's not about pounds. It's really about how I feel." ~ KA

lysie
DiMeraFan67
I'm trying to forget that drug abuse story ever happened. I'm not sure which part was the scariest to watch. Actually, I take that back. The scariest was the detox surveillance video. The creepiest & most disturbing was drugged-up Carly trying to make Hope feel better when she heard that Ciara & Theo had run away. The only good thing about that story was Larry's ghost tormenting her. MS played ghost Larry really well, IMO.

lysie
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 7 2014, 01:01 AM
lysie
DiMeraFan67
She was an infinitely better actor during her second run, aside from some of the OTT stuff. But I thought she had crazy chemistry with both Bo and Lawrence. I dunno what it was but I never thought she was dull, I was always really into all of her stories, relationships, and friendships. Now that I can't stand her it's a little harder to judge.
In the early 90s, she had an acting style that several of the actresses on the show had. It wasn't that she was bad. She just had no screen presence whatsoever. It was kind of the thing in all entertainment back then, IMO.

Sable Colby
Member Avatar
Thanks Supergirl for the avi.

I really enjoyed Vivian making Carly's life a living hell in the 90s. That "buried alive" SL was great. My friends and I would race home from middle school to see if Bo (or anyone else) had found Carly. 1993 was an amazing year for Days.

salempc
Member Avatar

Meh, aside from the buried alive story, which rocked, I didn't have much use for Carly back then. I completely skipped her return.

WillFan
Member Avatar

For Days watchers in ST. LOUIS,Mo which typically airs Monday through Friday at 2 p.m., will be airing on a different channel and airing at a different time during the 2014 Winter Olympics so that NewsChannel 5 can bring you bring you coverage of the games from Sochi, Russia.

From February 10 through February 21 (with the exception of Thursday, February 20), Days of Our Lives will be televised Monday through Friday at 6 p.m. over the air on our digital channel 5.2 and on Charter Cable analog channel 87 (digital channel 188) . Both channels are identified as Bounce TV.

If you are an AT&T U-verse, Direct TV, or Dish customer you will not be able to see Days on TV, but you will be able watch the episodes online at NBC.com.

NBC has preempted the Days of Our Lives for February 20, therefore no episode will air on that date.

http://www.ksdk.com/story/life/2014/02/05/days-of-our-lives-airing-on-different-channel-during-winter-olympics/5227981/

jam6242
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 7 2014, 01:04 AM
lysie
DiMeraFan67
I'm trying to forget that drug abuse story ever happened. I'm not sure which part was the scariest to watch. Actually, I take that back. The scariest was the detox surveillance video. The creepiest & most disturbing was drugged-up Carly trying to make Hope feel better when she heard that Ciara & Theo had run away. The only good thing about that story was Larry's ghost tormenting her. MS played ghost Larry really well, IMO.
The dumpster diving was pretty funny though! :blulaugh:

I didn't mind Carly 1.0 although my strongest memories of her are being buried alive and wearing her hair in a braid.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar

jam6242
Feb 7 2014, 10:55 AM
Supergirlx2
Feb 7 2014, 01:04 AM
lysie
DiMeraFan67
The dumpster diving was pretty funny though! :blulaugh:

I didn't mind Carly 1.0 although my strongest memories of her are being buried alive and wearing her hair in a braid.
It's okay if you don't remember much from her first run. Peter doesn't seem to either, and he was there for a good portion of it. lol.

Hannah Scorpio
Member Avatar

I loved Carly & Bo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDhx8riv0rw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmM1tZqWrhA

:$ :$

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Feb 7 2014, 12:42 AM
Posted Image

Discuss!
I was never into Bo & Carly. And that is an awful wedding dress.

Have fun discussing the show today. I've quit watching for the most part. Might tune back in if I hear that Sami finally catches Elvis and Abby or if John shows up with Marlena :)
Edited by Rosebud, Feb 7 2014, 12:02 PM.

kkratz57
Member Avatar

I was a Carly/Lawrence fan.

And DEAR LORD GABI, TAKE THAT 80'S OUTFIT OFF ALREADY!!!!!

trojangal
Member Avatar

Today starts off with Kate & Lucas
Jordan & Rafe
Daniel, Chyka & Nicole with the D henchman
Stephano
Will & Gabi
monk & Eric
Nick & Sonny

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

trojangal
Feb 7 2014, 12:04 PM
Today starts off with Kate & Lucas
Jordan & Rafe
Daniel, Chyka & Nicole with the D henchman
Stephano
Will & Gabi
monk & Eric
Nick & Sonny
Sounds pretty good. A lot better than yesterday. I'm hopeful this Chyka crap and the Eric/Monk junk will wrap up today because I am so done with it.

I hope Ricardo gets out of this alive! I'm gonna be so pissed if Daniel takes down Ricardo.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Gabi is losing it lol

Nick being creepy to Sonny at Club TBD

Jafe PDA in the park

trojangal
Member Avatar

Kate & Lucas discussing Sheryl
Kate needs Lucas to do her a favor
Edited by trojangal, Feb 7 2014, 12:08 PM.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Chyka starts talking about Kristen' project
Stephano wants his henchman to stop
the reveal of info by Chyka

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply