Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Emmy Submissions: Lead & Supporting Actress
Topic Started: Feb 7 2014, 02:41 PM (6,004 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Here are the Emmy submissions for contention this year...these are the people who submitted a reel and what category they submitted for. All of these actresses submitted a 3-4 min reel of scenes from any episodes that aired in 2013. The entire academy will view the reels and than rank the 10 best, these 10 will be the official pre-nominees.

The 10 pre-noms will then submit 1 episode (or 2 back to back episodes (if they choose) for B&B/AMC/OLTL) to be viewed by a blue-ribbon panel of judges who will select the Top 5 or 4 - these will be the final nominees and the winner will already be chosen from the top vote getter at this stage.

LEAD ACTRESS
Brooke Newton (AMC)
Heather Tom (B&B)
Katherine Kelly Lang (B&B)
Alison Sweeney (DAYS)
Arianne Zucker (DAYS)
Eileen Davidson (DAYS)
Deidre Hall (DAYS)
Finola Hughes (GH)
Maura West (GH)
Kelly Monaco (GH)
Laura Wright (GH)
Florencia Lozano (OLTL)
Jessica Collins (Y&R)
Melody Thomas Scott (Y&R)
Sharon Case (Y&R)
Jess Walton (Y&R)

AMC = 1, B&B = 2, DAYS = 4, GH = 4, OLTL = 1, Y&R = 4 (7 will be cut from this listing)

-----

SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Cady McClain (AMC)
Jacqueline MacInnes Wood (B&B)
Karla Mosley (B&B)
Judi Evans (DAYS)
Jen Lilley (DAYS)
Mary Beth Evans (DAYS)
Meredith Scott Lynn (DAYS)
Kelly Thiebaud (GH)
Kirsten Storms (GH)
Kimberly McCullough (GH)
Nancy Lee Grahn (GH)
Emme Rylan (GH)
Jane Elliot (GH)
Kelly Sullivan (GH)
Carolyn Hennesy (GH)
Teresa Castillo (GH)
Lisa LoCicero (GH)
Kelly Thiebaud (GH)
Kathleen Gati (GH)
Kassie DePaiva (OLTL)
Angel Conwell (Y&R)
Liz Hendrickson (Y&R)
Catherine Bach (Y&R)
Kate Linder (Y&R)
Amelia Heinle (Y&R)
Tracy Bregman (Y&R)
Melissa Claire Egan (Y&R)
Mishael Morgan (Y&R)
Cynthia Watros (Y&R)

AMC = 1, B&B = 2, DAYS = 4, GH = 12, OLTL = 1, Y&R = 9 (19 will be cut from this listing)

www.goldderby.com is where I got these from.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 7 2014, 03:52 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

iheartwilson
Member Avatar

I'm really surprised that AMC and OLTL were able to submit because technically they became web series.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Eileen Davidson, Ari Zucker, and Deidre Hall all submitted for Lead Actress? I approve!

Judi Evans and Mary Beth Evans for Supporting Actress? I approve even more! If Mary Beth submitted her rape confession scenes with JJ, she'll be shoo-in for a nomination.

Jen Lilley and Meredith Scott Lynn submitted as well? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love these two, but I haven't seen anything Emmy-worthy from either of them yet.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

am103
Feb 7 2014, 03:27 PM
Eileen Davidson, Ari Zucker, and Deidre Hall all submitted for Lead Actress? I approve!

Judi Evans and Mary Beth Evans for Supporting Actress? I approve even more! If Mary Beth submitted her rape confession scenes with JJ, she'll be shoo-in for a nomination.

Jen Lilley and Meredith Scott Lynn submitted as well? Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love these two, but I haven't seen anything Emmy-worthy from either of them yet.
DAYS will get Davidson in Lead Actress but the other 3 will not get in...despite Zucker's strong and deserving material, there is just too many heavy performers here from the other shows and any DAYS support in Lead Actress will go heavily to Davidson...essentially Zucker is overshadowed by Davidson. Hall is a non factor (as far as LA is concerned) and Sweeney is obviously despised since she has never been able to get ANY support for a nomination in over two decades. DAYS has not had a double-nominee in ANY lead category in DECADES and I doubt that changes this year. My only fear is somehow Sweeney/Hall/Zucker take votes from Davidson, leaving her off the pre-nom list which would piss me off BEYOND words.

Zucker and Hall submitting in Lead truly help MSL, JE and MBE in Supporting though, especially MBE and JE who have AMAZING material to submit, and both are highly respected actresses with support from all 3 networks.

Judi Evans has those scenes with WK when Adrienne was exposed for being the person who turned the tape of Sami into the DA...those scenes were AMAZING...I was mesmerized and I hope this is what she chose to submit.

MBE has the rape reveal with Casey Moss (who no doubt will submit something from that as well). MBE was VERY good in those scenes. She also has the pot-episode as well, she could have used a scene from the rape episode and from the pot episode to contrast her work in comedy and drama.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 7 2014, 03:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

I don't feel like Deidre has had any real material since she came back. MSL doesn't get real material either.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

iheartwilson
Feb 7 2014, 03:23 PM
I'm really surprised that AMC and OLTL were able to submit because technically they became web series.
A rule was changed this year, allowing them to compete in all categories with the network soapsm, despite being online.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 7 2014, 03:41 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lysie
Feb 7 2014, 03:38 PM
I don't feel like Deidre has had any real material since she came back. MSL doesn't get real material either.
I agree on Hall...a supporting submission would have given her a better chance.

MSL has some good material IMO...she has comedy and bitchy drama...she obviously has some fans out there in the soap press and that will probably help her exposure.
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

Cynthia Watros? Really? She's basically just a guest star though....
Edited by lene, Feb 7 2014, 03:44 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

lene
Feb 7 2014, 03:42 PM
There should be a guest star category for people like this. Although she technically wasn't a guest star...for the year in question she was hardly around at all.

I don't even think its respectful to the people on the other shows and ESPECIALLY her own show, but hopefully they won't vote for her anyway. And I love Cynthia Watros, the woman can act with the best of them.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

lene
Apparently GH and Y&R decided, lets just throw all our shit at the wall and see what sticks.

I can't help but just sit back and roll my eyes with their submissions.

GH has 31% of the contenders in Supporting Actress...thats ridiculous.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Feb 7 2014, 03:50 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

IMO this episode could get Judi Evans a nomination:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ5AKJQVHdA
Offline Profile Goto Top

lene
Member Avatar

She's a good actress, I agree. But yeah, she's been on and off for four months & now she's (probably) leaving due to her new show. But yeah, hopefully ppl don't vote for her :p
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

Brooke Newton is either extremely self-confident (I'm avoiding using another word that comes to mind) or is underestimating the Daytime Emmys or does not know how the system works, because submitting in Lead after appearing on a web-based soap in only a handful of episodes, with a blow job scene being her most memorable performance, is super bold.

JMW has officially gone Supporting. Somewhere, Kristen Alderson and Hunter King breathed a sigh of relief.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Feb 7 2014, 03:47 PM
lene
Apparently GH and Y&R decided, lets just throw all our shit at the wall and see what sticks.

I can't help but just sit back and roll my eyes with their submissions.

GH has 31% of the contenders in Supporting Actress...thats ridiculous.
To be fair GH cycles in their recurring actors throughout the year so their cast is like 3x the size of any other soap if you actually look at the whole year. Its a total tossup for them and they have plenty of people with great material.

I'm not saying everyone that did should have submitted, but they actually have some people that should have and didn't. I can't wait to see the rest of the lists. I think GH will be heavy in every single category just based on the size of their rotating cast.

I wish that Ari went supporting and it actually might have given Deidre a better chance at getting Lead. Days just has too many Leads now. Deidre didn't make 11 out of 13 last year so it will be even tougher this year to make 10 out of 16. But she probably has some pretty good material vs. Kristen. Cannot wait until the reels leak! I want it to happen now. About to start bugging each individual actor on Twitter.

All I have to say is JANE F'N ELLIOT. The Supporting category should just close up shop right now. If she submitted the scenes where Tracy tells off Luke then she should automatically win.
Online Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I saw AZ and DH as supporting in 2013, not leads... Surprised they chose that category, especially DH.

GH's list of supporting female nominees is RIDIC, lol. Out of those, Jane Elliott and Kathleen Gati have the best chances for a nomination.
Online Profile Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Feb 7 2014, 04:12 PM
I saw AZ and DH as supporting in 2013, not leads... Surprised they chose that category, especially DH.

GH's list of supporting female nominees is RIDIC, lol. Out of those, Jane Elliott and Kathleen Gati have the best chances for a nomination.
I don't think they necessarily choose. In a literal way they do, but I'd bet the show pushes one way or another.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

B&B really said screw it this year, but they have a huge favorite for Lead in Heather Tom. Katherine Kelly Lang going Lead (probably getting a pre-nom) and ONLY JMW as Supporting? I'm glad JMW stepped it up because she's been a Lead for years, at least she didn't go Younger. Just weird to see a show with so few submissions.
Online Profile Goto Top

nananana7

OliveAnn
Feb 7 2014, 03:55 PM
Brooke Newton is either extremely self-confident (I'm avoiding using another word that comes to mind) or is underestimating the Daytime Emmys or does not know how the system works, because submitting in Lead after appearing on a web-based soap in only a handful of episodes, with a blow job scene being her most memorable performance, is super bold.

On the web series version of AMC, the character of Colby was a cartoon ...
EXCEPT ...
I did enjoy the scenes of Colby supporting Jesse's daughter Cassie -- when Cassie had the abortion after being raped in the slavery ring.. Colby was remarkably more nuanced there. Brooke Newton did well with those scenes.

Not sure if it's Emmy-worthy. But I just wanted to comment on those scenes.

Edited by nananana7, Feb 7 2014, 07:15 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I thought Deidre gave a good performance here.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Paul8148

My guess the ten for lead Actress

Locks

Toms (B&B)
Davidson (Days)
Zucker (Days)
Hughes (GH)
West (GH)
Wright (GH)

Likely

Lang (B&B)
Hall (Days)
Collins (Y & R)

Last Spot Between

Sweeney (Days)
Lozano (OLTL)
Scott (Y & R)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic