Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Emmy Submissions: Lead & Supporting Actress
Topic Started: Feb 7 2014, 02:41 PM (5,940 Views)
ShaneDOOLFan

I think Deidre Hall has a decent chance.

http://youtu.be/8gxThAJh8uw

At 6:15. Good scene, doubt she submitted it but she definitely coveys a woman in distraught so well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAloLv007ZY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kESVYA-QHgc

I think she could have easily submitted these scenes or any of the confrontations with Kristen.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Feb 9 2014, 11:48 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

when are the other categories going to be released? also when are the Emmy's usually?
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

New Predictions based on knowing the people who submitted...but without knowing the reels. The only reels that I know for sure are Dominic Zamprogna and William deVry from GH and they're probably both in Supporting Actor.

Supporting Actress
1. Tracy Bregman, Y&R
2. Melissa Claire Egan, Y&R
3. Jane Elliot, GH
4. Judi Evans, DAYS
5. Mary Beth Evans, DAYS
6. Kathleen Gati, GH
7. Nancy Lee Grahn, GH
8. Elizabeth Hendrickson, Y&R
9. Kirsten Storms, GH
10. Jacqueline MacInnes Wood, B&B
***5 of these were on my original predictions but there are some changes based on people going to Lead (Ari Zucker, Jess Walton) Robin Mattson not submitting. This is a tough category. I think Gati is tricky because a lot of her material is way OTT, but she did have some great stuff and put in awesome work throughout. The huge group of GH actresses makes it a tough call. Anyone could sneak in because of that. My Days bias might be showing with MBE and Judi Evans but I think they have great material and neither had enough material to pick the wrong reels so they had strong odds. Meredith Scott Lynn is really tricky because she is just a great actress, but I don't know if she will have anything Emmy worthy.

Lead Actress
1. Eileen Davidson, DAYS
2. Heather Tom, B&B
3. Maura West, GH
4. Finola Hughes, GH
5. Jess Walton, Y&R
6. Melody Thomas Scott, Y&R
7. Laura Wright, GH
8. Katherine Kelly Lang, B&B
***I feel fairly confident with these 8. Especially the top 5. But I really can't decide the final two spots between Ari Zucker, Deidre Hall, and Florencia Lozano. I also think Kelly Monaco has the name and some good material to work with here. And I worry that Sweeney will get a nom based on the fact that she's leaving and is a big name. I'm tempted to go with Lozano and Zucker for the final two spots but its really a 5 way race and KKL is no sure thing either. In my original predictions I had every person but I had Jess Walton in supporting and I had Stafford in just because but thankfully she didn't submit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 9 2014, 12:13 PM
when are the other categories going to be released? also when are the Emmy's usually?
I think Nelson is dragging this out to sell more of his e-mags, lol. So probably next week will be the actors and I don't know if he will do the youngers or not but probably the following week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M96vLCOF1-Q this could get Judi Evans nominated as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Aawwwww, Adrienne's Flintstones necklace :P
Online Profile Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

I'm really hoping Kirsten Storms ends up nominated. I thought she was phenomenal during the baby storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Lucky
Feb 9 2014, 01:47 PM
I'm really hoping Kirsten Storms ends up nominated. I thought she was phenomenal during the baby storyline.
She definitely deserves a nomination. She killed it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

trojangal
Member Avatar

blueskies
Feb 9 2014, 12:13 PM
The Daytime Emmys have been Father's Day the past few years. If they stick with that
time frame that would mean June 15th .
Check out the website for NATAS they should have more info soon
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I really can't comment on the other soaps, because I don't watch them. But, I watch DAYS faithfully and here's who I believe
will submit among the actors.

LEAD:
Galen Gering
James Scott

SUPPORTING:
John Aniston
Blake Berris
Shawn Christian
Bryan Datillo
Wally Kurth
Eric Martsolf
Greg Vaughn

YOUNGER:
Chandler Massey
Casey Moss
Freddie Smith
Offline Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I have a bad feeling that Greg Vaughan is going to go Lead Actor. I'm sure him and Ari Zucker discussed this beforehand. The show might have actually requested that he go for Lead anyway because him and Blake Berris have their strongest chances at winning. James Scott is always in the running if he submits and Galen just isn't. I think it's a mistake for Greg to go Lead and I would def think Supporting, but the Ari thing totally threw me off

I think it will be

Lead Actor
Galen Gering
James Scott
Eric Martsolf
Joe Mascolo
Greg Vaughan

Supporting Actor
Blake Berris
Shawn Christian
John Aniston
Wally Kurth
Bryan Dattilo

One of EM and GV will drop to supporting. IMO it should be Greg but I'm kinda thinking Martsolf now. Mascolo will just submit lead or not at all because he went for Lead last year. Days best bet might be to send Galen to Supporting and let Blake go hard at that and see who can make it out of GV and EM in Lead with less competition.
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 9 2014, 04:52 PM
I have a bad feeling that Greg Vaughan is going to go Lead Actor. I'm sure him and Ari Zucker discussed this beforehand. The show might have actually requested that he go for Lead anyway because him and Blake Berris have their strongest chances at winning. James Scott is always in the running if he submits and Galen just isn't. I think it's a mistake for Greg to go Lead and I would def think Supporting, but the Ari thing totally threw me off

I think it will be

Lead Actor
Galen Gering
James Scott
Eric Martsolf
Joe Mascolo
Greg Vaughan

Supporting Actor
Blake Berris
Shawn Christian
John Aniston
Wally Kurth
Bryan Dattilo

One of EM and GV will drop to supporting. IMO it should be Greg but I'm kinda thinking Martsolf now. Mascolo will just submit lead or not at all because he went for Lead last year. Days best bet might be to send Galen to Supporting and let Blake go hard at that and see who can make it out of GV and EM in Lead with less competition.
The Ari thing threw me, too. And I'm very disappointed with her for that. I honestly don't think she will make it to the next round.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Restless84
Member Avatar

I'm shocked Robin Mattson didn't submit for Supporting!

I might be a little biased but I think Elizabeth Hendrickson deserves to Best Supporting Actress. I agree Kirsten Storms deserves to be nominated, she was outstanding.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Lucky
Feb 9 2014, 01:47 PM
I hope all 4 actors involved in the GH baby story (Bradford Anderson, Dominic Zamprogna, Kirsten Storms, Emme Rylan) get a nomination. They all did a wonderful job.

I do think Ari Zucker has a better chance of winning in the supporting catagory. There's always a fair amount of WTFery in who wins these things but I'll be shocked if Eileen Davidson of Days doesn't take an Emmy home this year.
Edited by JarlenaLante, Feb 9 2014, 07:46 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I actually think GV should go for Lead. Looking at T-Love's prediction list I thought to myself, wow, has James Scott really been the only lead on this show? I'm gonna say in 2013 GG wasn't a lead. He spent most of the time in the hospital either in a coma or getting physical therapy.

However, GV after being supporting throughout the beginning of the year got front-burner material from June to the end of the year.

Also, EM grew into quite the lead being in ED's storyline this year. He has all the merits to put himself up for Lead. And Brady's drug addiction storyline was still pretty front-burner even after Kristen was gone. Actually if you think about it, I think after JS EM hd the most front-burner exposure throughout 2013.
Edited by Yoryla, Feb 10 2014, 06:02 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Restless84
Feb 9 2014, 06:28 PM
I'm shocked Robin Mattson didn't submit for Supporting!

I might be a little biased but I think Elizabeth Hendrickson deserves to Best Supporting Actress. I agree Kirsten Storms deserves to be nominated, she was outstanding.

EH deserves at least to be in the final round of nominations. It was by far her stronger year.

lene
Feb 7 2014, 03:42 PM
Cynthia Watros? Really? She's basically just a guest star though....

Catherine Bach is the bigger WTF, IMO.

Jessica Collins is a good actress, but I can't think of a thing she did last year, LOL. She's totally forgettable.

Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Feb 10 2014, 05:49 AM
I actually think GV should go for Lead. Looking at T-Love's prediction list I thought to myself, wow, has James Scott really been the only lead on this show? I'm gonna say in 2013 GG wasn't a lead. He spent most of the time in the hospital either in a coma or getting physical therapy.

However, GV after being supporting throughout the beginning of the year got front-burner material from June to the end of the year.

Also, EM grew into quite the lead being in ED's storyline this year. He has all the merits to put himself up for Lead. And Brady's drug addiction storyline was still pretty front-burner even after Kristen was gone. Actually if you think about it, I think after JS EM hd the most front-burner exposure throughout 2013.
I don't think GG is a lead either. I based my prediction on the fact he submitted in Lead last year.
Reading your post about EM made me think about adjusting my prediction. He may have been a Lead opposite ED.
Whether he will submit in Lead remains to be seen. I don't think GV should go for Lead at all. I think his chances are better
in supporting.
Edited by T-Love74, Feb 10 2014, 10:53 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Shick
Member Avatar
My reaction to current Y&R ...

Sharon Case deserves a nomination, but as usual, likely will not get one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Feb 10 2014, 10:53 AM
Yoryla

I don't think GG is a lead either. I based my prediction on the fact he submitted in Lead last year.
Reading your post about EM made me think about adjusting my prediction. He may have been a Lead opposite ED.
Whether he will submit in Lead remains to be seen. I don't think GV should go for Lead at all. I think his chances are better
in supporting.
Yes, you're right that GV has better chances to win by putting himself up for Supporting. And he actually was supporting for most of the year.

I'm just contemplating. The only 100 % Lead male that I could think of right away was James Scott.

Y&R usually has pretty strong possibilities for the leading male, anyway. Also, GH has Jason Thompson and Maurice Benard who are quite strong in that category.
Online Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Feb 10 2014, 06:59 PM
T-Love74
Feb 10 2014, 10:53 AM
Yoryla

in supporting.
Yes, you're right that GV has better chances to win by putting himself up for Supporting. And he actually was supporting for most of the year.

I'm just contemplating. The only 100 % Lead male that I could think of right away was James Scott.

Y&R usually has pretty strong possibilities for the leading male, anyway. Also, GH has Jason Thompson and Maurice Benard who are quite strong in that category.
Speaking of Y&R, they have a plethora of Lead actors. I'm wondering now if Billy Miller will go for Lead.
If he does, I think chances of BB and GV getting a nomination will be greater.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic