Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Emmy Submissions: Lead & Supporting Actress
Topic Started: Feb 7 2014, 02:41 PM (5,889 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with them having a lesser pool to choose pre-noms from and maybe the actors' egos. I mean 11 out of 13 Lead Actresses got pre-nominated last year and we know who the two that didn't make it were. That's kinda bad so I can see where they are coming from. I just wish they weren't secretive about it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Daytime divas and their egos...GTFO it...some of these actresses need to be thrown on the unemployment line sometimes for a god damn wake up call.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

DiMeraFan67
Feb 24 2014, 03:31 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with them having a lesser pool to choose pre-noms from and maybe the actors' egos. I mean 11 out of 13 Lead Actresses got pre-nominated last year and we know who the two that didn't make it were. That's kinda bad so I can see where they are coming from. I just wish they weren't secretive about it.
I forgot about this, but what you're saying makes sense. I remember one year when 12 younger actresses submitted themselves, but only 10 got prenominated. I bet the two who were left out (incidentally or not, both from OLTL) didn't feel comfortable knowing that the Academy thoguht they were the worst among a very small group of candidates.
Online Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

James Scott did not submit this time so my guess for Lead Actor for Days will be Galen Gering and Greg Vaughan...possibly Eric Martsolf. GV and EM have a good shot at pre-noms, I would think. I could see all three of them submitting for Lead, although Galen wasn't a lead at any time this year really.
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

I tweeted Nelson, yesterday.

tdrob1974 @tdroberson74 Feb 23
@nelliebranco I thought u were going 2 release the Lead/Supporting actor submissions. #WhatHappened

Nelson Branco @nelliebranco 7h
@tdroberson74 Decided against it. For a variety of reasons.

Edited by T-Love74, Feb 25 2014, 01:20 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I don't understand the reasoning of haveing to know the submittees. I think it's fully understandable for the submittee lists to be kept under wraps. I mean, nobody wants for people to know that they submitted themselves but not even made it to the pre-noms. That's like telling everyone you applied for a job and didn't get it.

Edited by Yoryla, Feb 25 2014, 01:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

T-Love74
Feb 25 2014, 01:20 PM
I tweeted Nelson, yesterday.

tdrob1974 @tdroberson74 Feb 23
@nelliebranco I thought u were going 2 release the Lead/Supporting actor submissions. #WhatHappened

Nelson Branco @nelliebranco 7h
@tdroberson74 Decided against it. For a variety of reasons.

Translation: NATAS threatened to sue my @$$.
Online Profile Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Feb 25 2014, 10:01 AM
James Scott did not submit this time so my guess for Lead Actor for Days will be Galen Gering and Greg Vaughan...possibly Eric Martsolf. GV and EM have a good shot at pre-noms, I would think. I could see all three of them submitting for Lead, although Galen wasn't a lead at any time this year really.
It's a shame that James Scott didn't even submit.
http://youtu.be/y57YmStqPPc
Offline Profile Goto Top

freeman

So surprised to read that James Scott didn't submit this year, esp. since Ali Sweeney did. He certainly had Emmy reel submissions that would have at the very least gotten him a nomination if not the win. Eric Martsolf and Greg Vaughan become the logical Days Lead Actor submissions, or Shawn Christian, but he submitted in the Supporting category last year, as did Joseph Mascolo (who I personally don't like). Galen Gering inexplicably keeps submitting his name, which makes no sense to me. I preferred last year, when we knew by now who all the actors and actresses were ahead of time who had submitted.
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

Hugo
Feb 26 2014, 03:43 AM
DiMeraFan67
I don't think it's a shame. If he thinks that he has nothing worthy to submit it's his choice. Maybe he is very self-critical or maybe he doesn't give a damn about those awards.
Online Profile Goto Top

Hugo
Member Avatar

thepadange
Feb 27 2014, 07:20 AM
I don't think it's a shame. If he thinks that he has nothing worthy to submit it's his choice. Maybe he is very self-critical or maybe he doesn't give a damn about those awards.
Like I said on another thread, I see it as being ungrateful to the show and the writers if they gave you some good material. Just my opinion.
Offline Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

thepadange
Hugo
DiMeraFan67
He cares about the awards; he's been nominated twice and was among the actors who campaigned for changes in the system a few years ago. I think it's more likely that he's very self-critical. I do think it's a shame he's chosen not to submit, though, regardless of whether he stood a chance at a nomination or not. It's quite crazy, actually, that he opted out of the race, while Galen Gering has chosen to submit, even though Gering's character spent one half of last year in a coma and another half in physical therapy. I'm actually now interested to know what Gering found to submit.
Online Profile Goto Top

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I think both Eric Martsolf (SHOCKING) and Greg Vaughan have better possible reels than James Scott, but he is the name there and that goes a long way with these things. He definitely should have submitted and his lack of submissions hurts Days shot at getting a nomination.

I don't think he had anything worthy of winning, but he is always pre-nominated and has been nominated twice. It goes a long way towards voting, even though the past should play no role in choosing who has the best submission each year. He's also one of the most popular actors in daytime, which can't hurt as long as you have decent material. I would bet anything he would have gotten a pre-nom so if Days doesn't get at least two they can thank him for messing that up.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

thepadange
Hugo
DiMeraFan67
All that clip does for me is solidify how much better than James Joe is.
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

Michael Logan ‏@TVGMLogan 6h
Expect some startling omissions on the @DaytimeEmmys actor PreNom lists coming Monday morning, but LOTS of good news, too! @TheEmmys
https://twitter.com/TVGMLogan/status/439576537029820416
Online Profile Goto Top

freeman

I think James Scott had tons of Emmy reel material to choose from throughout 2013. I want Greg Vaughan to win but am uncertain whether he will be in the Lead or Supporting category; and of course, if the Blue Ribbon Panel will get his scenes out of context if they haven't watched the entire year. I believe the nominations should be done the same way the Tony awards are done: a small committee sees all the performances and selects the nominations, then the whole voting body votes for the final awards. I think actors (such as Maurice Benard) who submit good Emmy reels but are actually poor actors (he stumbles on his lines, forgets them often, "steps" on other actors' lines, and is generally incompetent, EXCEPT when he gets the big Emmy reel scenes (which are usually solo arias in which he doesn't have to pay attention to other actors).

Looking forward to Monday - Greg Vaughan better be on the list (and I sure hope he submitted).

Hoping against all reasonable hope that all 4 Days actresses in the Lead category are on the pre-nominations list (Eileen Davidson, Deidre Hall, Alison Sweeney, and Ari Zucker!)
Offline Profile Goto Top

thepadange

thepadange
Mar 1 2014, 03:19 AM
Expect some startling omissions on the @DaytimeEmmys actor PreNom lists coming Monday morning, but LOTS of good news, too! @TheEmmys
It sounds to me like those omissions are quite shocking.
Does he mean the only list that became public? Otherwise how we'd know what omissions were made?
Edited by thepadange, Mar 1 2014, 07:53 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

OliveAnn

thepadange
Mar 1 2014, 07:48 AM
thepadange
Mar 1 2014, 03:19 AM
It sounds to me like those omissions are quite shocking.
Does he mean the only list that became public? Otherwise how we'd know what omissions were made?
I think he's talking about all categories. In general, people know which actors have potential material to submit and therefore already suppose who might be in the running. If they expect a name to be on the list and it isn't - that'll be shocking.
Online Profile Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Eileen would be the most shocking omission, that is why I think it is her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Mar 2 2014, 03:31 PM
Eileen would be the most shocking omission, that is why I think it is her.
I do, too. But, he said omissions--plural--so, I wonder who else got snubbed.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic