Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Update: now THREE promo videos Y&R for week of Feb 10th; All 3 videos in first post, page one
Topic Started: Feb 9 2014, 02:10 AM (2,284 Views)
SnowBoundBunny

Sammie Jo
Feb 9 2014, 07:47 PM
nananana7
Feb 9 2014, 05:53 PM
In this promo video, -- it appears to be at the Delia gala ... someone walks in and everyone is shocked. Who could it be?

I think it's too soon for an Adam recast. I'm mystified.
PHYLISS! Just kidding, I have no idea. lol
Maybe it's cassie and john abbott. lmao
Okay, no more wine for me. :drunk:
I was thinking Cassie or John Abbott too.

It would sure make for some fun if it was John. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Shocking returns could be ...
Adam. Cassie. Phyllis. John. Drucilla!

HotPepper
Member Avatar

Cassie made her return months ago. Please let the little bitch RIP

shark
Member Avatar

Drucilla looks like a bag lady now. She's old and wrinkled up. She shit in her milk back yrs. ago when she dissed the show and the powers that be and the guy who plays Neil. Big radio call in show it' s on the internet where she called 'Neil' an uncle tom, etc. The big guy who played Neil's brother got drawn into the conversation and him and 'Neil' both tried to get her to listen to reason, etc. She wasn't having it and even blamed 'Nicki' MTS for her getting fired and said she had made racial slurs against her, etc.
She was on a tear. Hell , will freeze over before they bring back 'Ms. Thing'.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Yeah, I've read all about Victoria Rowell's frustrations with Y&R. I really DON'T want to rehash all that.

Personally I loved the character of Dru, and I'd like to see that actress come back, but I totally realize the show would never do that.

That's why I said she'd be a *shock* to see, that's all.

I mean ... I was listing all the possible shocking returns. So Dru would certainly be a shock!
Edited by nananana7, Feb 11 2014, 10:18 AM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

I've lost track of the real and fake Phillip saga. I didn't watch for years, and then I read back on what had happened. Something about Cane being involved with the ruse. And the real Phillip being gay and living in Australia, and he hadn't died after all. I did get confused reading all the summaries due to there being Phillip Chancellor I, II, III, IV .... and each website tells the story a little differently. I think I got the gist of it though.

Anyhow, was there anyone from that family that is either away, at war, or "presumed dead" ... that might make a surprise return?

shark
Member Avatar

Katherine? LOL

HotPepper
Member Avatar

shark
Feb 10 2014, 08:38 PM
Drucilla looks like a bag lady now. She's old and wrinkled up. She shit in her milk back yrs. ago when she dissed the show and the powers that be and the guy who plays Neil. Big radio call in show it' s on the internet where she called 'Neil' an uncle tom, etc. The big guy who played Neil's brother got drawn into the conversation and him and 'Neil' both tried to get her to listen to reason, etc. She wasn't having it and even blamed 'Nicki' MTS for her getting fired and said she had made racial slurs against her, etc.
She was on a tear. Hell , will freeze over before they bring back 'Ms. Thing'.
I listened to that radio show. It is called FOxx Hole. VR was like a maniac. The commentator was trying to call her down with no avail. Neil and Malcolm (Neils brother) didn't know what to say and VR kept badgering them to say the black cast members were under paid compared to the white cast members. I could not believe how crazy she acted. All she did was curse every one behind the scenes and the actors. That is when I decided the woman needed real mental help.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Could be Tucker, Chance, or they took the part where Jill looks shocked and stuck it in there to make it look totally different.

bygnedys

V..R. was so good as Amanda, a doctor, on Diagnosis Murder, then suddenly she wasn't going to be on the show anymore. I wondered then if she was having personal problems, but it was reported she was moving to France and wouldn't be on the show anymore. I can't remember, I lost track of the show and don't know what happened after that.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Yeah I was kidding about it being Dru.
Like I said. I loved the actress VR and I loved the character Dru.
But the show won't bring her back :(

BlissfulLily
Feb 11 2014, 08:46 AM
Could be Tucker, Chance, or they took the part where Jill looks shocked and stuck it in there to make it look totally different.
Ooh these are good possibilities.

Edited by nananana7, Feb 11 2014, 10:21 AM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Speculation:

What if, at the end of the Friday Feb 14th episode, the doors to the Gala open and someone appears, but the camera doesn't show the person to us viewers. All we see that episode ais a cliffhanger at the end of the episode where doors open and everyone reacts in shock. And then we don't see until Monday Feb 17th who actually walked through the door.

They did this recently on Days on a Friday cliffhanger when church doors opened and everyone gasped, but they didn't show the person. And then on Monday they showed that it was Nick entering through the church doors.

So perhaps that will happen for Y&R? It's very soapy.

------

Chris McKenna has posted on twitter multiple times that he's *not* nuAdam.
He's a new character called "Mark Harding".
And he first appears on our screens on Monday February 17th.
(details here: http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/8970379/2 )

I wonder if there is a connection ...

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I like cliffhangers. Now with spoilers we don't get em like we used to.
Leave us in a lurch on Friday all the way through to Monday.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Okay so maybe the person everyone is shocked to see ...
is either someone who has been living overseas, or someone who has been presumed dead, or someone recently out of prison. Etc. Someone unexpected.
But it's a character the viewers already know (but maybe recast).

Maybe the new "Mark Harding" character is a friend/lover/associate/doctor who arrives at the Gala WITH the unexpected longtime character?

nananana7
Member Avatar

Re: Longtime character returning unexpectly:
Maybe it's Jill's gay son Phillip who lives in Australia? He could arrive to support his brother Billy Abbot and honor his niece Delia?

shark
Member Avatar

please God no, not Chance the boy scout or Phillip the werewolf. Neither one could act any better then lambchop the puppet. duller then Dylan. I'll be so glad when they get rid of Dylan and Avery gonna throw a block party. sheesh!!!!!!!!

nananana7
Member Avatar

Okay I just watched the promo video again, and I think I may be totally wrong, LOL.

They didn't show any door ...
It was *ME* who *ASSUMED* it was everyone reacting in shock to someone entering a room.

Maybe nobody enters the room.

The promo shows only everyone looking in the same direction and gasping in shock.

It might not be a door they are looking at.

It could be ANYTHING or ANYONE that they are looking at.

It could be something unimportant -- such as the renovations of the Athletic Club going awry -- a plumbing failure or the ceiling caving in.
(Maybe the new character is a construction/plumbing contractor)

It could be something dangerous like a bomb or a fire.
(maybe the new character is firefighter or police)

It could be anything. No way to know what everyone was gasping at.

I apologize for so strongly assuming it was someone entering the room. It might not be that.
Edited by nananana7, Feb 11 2014, 11:51 AM.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Feb 10 2014, 08:54 PM
I've lost track of the real and fake Phillip saga. I didn't watch for years, and then I read back on what had happened. Something about Cane being involved with the ruse. And the real Phillip being gay and living in Australia, and he hadn't died after all. I did get confused reading all the summaries due to there being Phillip Chancellor I, II, III, IV .... and each website tells the story a little differently. I think I got the gist of it though.

Anyhow, was there anyone from that family that is either away, at war, or "presumed dead" ... that might make a surprise return?
What's his name, Nina's boring son, or Ronan, nina's not boring son.
They have mentioned him.
Maybe Womack will find carmine and he'll stumble in all bloody and drop dead on the floor. lol

shark
Member Avatar

Ronan, and Phyllis burned up the screen with their getting jiggy with it love scenes. LOL They were just really HOT together. I loved his voice, but, not crazy about his character. Nina, I'm glad is gone and hopes stays gone. Nina's 'good ' son was Chance. He's out protecting the world , probably, doing his best Clark Kent impression. :sleep:

nananana7
Member Avatar

There's now a second promo video. I've added into the first post on page one of this thread.

Oh. and I just found a THIRD one. LOL. Added that, too.
Edited by nananana7, Feb 12 2014, 10:42 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply