Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spoilers for the week of February 24th; *updated 2/17*
Topic Started: Feb 12 2014, 12:18 AM (42,615 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Aliaron
Feb 19 2014, 02:46 PM
lysie
Feb 19 2014, 11:14 AM
Mouse Mom
Feb 19 2014, 10:18 AM
lysie
Feb 18 2014, 02:54 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Adultery is when a married person has voluntary sex (of any kind) with someone they are not in fact married to. You have to be married to commit adultery. When two people who are not married have sex it is technically fornicating. Since Sami and EJ are not married, just engaged they are fornicating, since EJ and Abby are not married to each other and EJ is not technically married to anyone else, he and Abby are fornicating. Does what it is called matter? No, not unless you are going to court. However, no matter which way we say it, EJ is cheating on the woman he is engaged to. Sami is not (that we know of) currently cheating on EJ, Abby is not cheating on anyone.
Do y'all really think I wouldn't look these things up before posting? Adultery in the strictest form of the word is absolutely sex outside of marriage. The key words are "in the strictest form."
Fornication in its strictest form is sex outside of marriage. In adultery, at least one party must be married.
There are religious doctrines that define things in a stricter sense. There are versions of the bible and other religious doctrines that absolutely definite adultery as any sex outside of marriage the same as fornication. It's just a stricter definition. Not unlike how many religions have stricter definitions of lots of words. It's not something to argue about. I was just making a comment on the word "strictest."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

What I don't get is....why debate the various semantics of sexual relations on a SOAP OPERA???? (Not that I really expect to get a satisfactory answer to that question): Carry on......I'll just eat my chocolate.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
Feb 20 2014, 12:12 PM
What I don't get is....why debate the various semantics of sexual relations on a SOAP OPERA???? (Not that I really expect to get a satisfactory answer to that question): Carry on......I'll just eat my chocolate.
I am debating it for two reasons:
1)Debating is a skill.To hone a skill,one has to practice at every opportunity.If you don't use it,you can lose it.
2)I personally don't have real life of my own,therefore,I must make do with the lives of fictional charcters.What else can I say,it is what it is.:)
Edited by BeeBee, Feb 21 2014, 11:08 AM.

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

BeeBee
(time=1392 :wink: 998688)
ladyofthelake
I am debating it for two reasons:
1)Debating is a skill.To hone a skill,one has to practice at every opportunity.If you don't use it,you can lose it.
2)I don't have real life of my own,therefore,I must make do with the lives of fictional charcters.What else can I say,it is what it is.
I'm pretty sure according to the old testament, adultery includes those who are married and betrothed.

So if that is true, he is committing adultery, and she is just fornicating.
Edited by salem_viewer, Feb 21 2014, 11:12 AM.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

S :facepalm: :popcorn: :wine:

salem_viewer
Member Avatar

waterlilly
Feb 21 2014, 11:24 AM
Slide one of those to me :drunk: , I need fortification for today's show.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Posted Image

waterlilly
Member Avatar

salem_viewer
Feb 21 2014, 11:28 AM
waterlilly
Slide one of those to me :drunk: , I need fortification for today's show.
I swear when I first read that I thought it said fornication :huh: ;)

TreasureCove
Member Avatar

ladyofthelake
It's a conspiracy. A conspiracy to get the song Californication stuck in my head. It's working.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 21 2014, 11:30 AM
So ignore it.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Halloween Family
Feb 21 2014, 01:01 PM
Supergirlx2
So ignore it.
my posting that GIF was supposed to be funny. not everything has to be taken so seriously.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Feb 21 2014, 02:19 PM
not everything has to be taken so seriously.
I agree.

WillFan
Member Avatar

2/24/2014
Jennifer wants to get back together with Daniel, but feels threatened by Theresa; Brady and Theresa spend time together; E.J. tries to end things with Abigail; Sami attacks Nicole when she learns Eric is leaving the priesthood.

2/25/2014
Nicole tries to fix her mistake; J.J. opens up to Abigail; Sami and E.J. choose a wedding date; Brady accuses Maggie and Victor of having him followed.

2/26/2014
Hope and Aiden must work together; Nick tries to prevent Gabi from going out with T; the identity of the person spying on Rafe and Jordan is revealed.

2/27/2014
Nick exploits Gabi's insecurities; Jordan must face her past; Hope and Aiden butt heads.

2/28/2014
Abigail and E.J. reach an understanding; Marlena makes a deal with the devil; Jennifer assists Eric with a job opportunity; a confrontation with Ben shakes Jordan.

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCProgram.do?sId=EP00001189&t=Days+of+our+Lives&method=getEpisodesForShow&desc=on

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

wednesday, thursday & friday, judging by the spoilers- is what I'm most looking forward to.

I do love me some JJ/Abby scenes. Those are always (when not talking about a certain idiot) gold!

Kaha
Member Avatar

Since Eric will be working with Jennifer, Sami will be visiting the hospital a lot to talk to Eric. I am anticipating awkward chance meetings between Sami and Abigail where Sami is all sweetness and Abby is a bundle of nerves or hopefully passive aggressive bitchiness.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

waterlilly
Yeah, I feel your pain.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Supergirlx2
Feb 21 2014, 02:19 PM
Halloween Family
Feb 21 2014, 01:01 PM
Supergirlx2
So ignore it.
my posting that GIF was supposed to be funny. not everything has to be taken so seriously.
I thought it was funny. :shrug: :smooch:

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kaha
Feb 21 2014, 08:58 PM
Since Eric will be working with Jennifer, Sami will be visiting the hospital a lot to talk to Eric. I am anticipating awkward chance meetings between Sami and Abigail where Sami is all sweetness and Abby is a bundle of nerves or hopefully passive aggressive bitchiness.
Sami did not visit him at the school or rectory to talk a lot so I don't see that she will be visiting the hospital a lot to talk to him.Even if she does visit him at the hospital,
Abby will likely avoid her rather than direct passive aggressive bitchiness toward her especially since Abby and EJ have come to an understanding.Abby will likely move on and the flashbacks to sex/almost sex will virtually stop.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kaha

My first triple post.I guess I need to stop trying to multi task.Sorry.
Edited by BeeBee, Feb 23 2014, 11:55 AM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Kaha

Sorry.TP.
Edited by BeeBee, Feb 23 2014, 11:59 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply